[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/. I'm running a L5R session on the 25th. And I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: secondcitygm.jpg (255 KB, 1011x886) Image search: [Google]
secondcitygm.jpg
255 KB, 1011x886
Hey /tg/.

I'm running a L5R session on the 25th. And I have major writers block, I'm normally really good with figuring out what to do next, even more so when I'm fresh off a previous session. But for the past week I've gotten like nothing done. How the hell do I get past this kinda writers block, my mind is just.. Like empty. I have vague idea's and themes and whatever - But when I try to put that to paper it just vanishes.

I'm starting to get really frustrated and kinda panicky, as I like to try my best at giving an enjoyable experience as possible. And normally, by this point, I've been done for awhile with just some revisions.

Help please /tg/
>>
Just go download some pre made adventure.
>>
>>46187955
Fuck no.
>>
>>46187254
>L5R
I don't know much about this setting, but maybe this can help inspire you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ieaDfD_h6s

What happened last? Maybe someone here will have an idea.
>>
>>46188134
Go fuck yourself then.
>>
>>46188385
>What happened last? Maybe someone here will have an idea.

Previous session had them on a path of revenge to kill a guy who cost them everything by lying and betraying them. They found out where he was, planned an attack on his home and killed him and every other living being on or near the house to cover their tracks.

this session I want to jump a few months into the future and have it be very loosely connected to the previous one. Where the consequences of those actions are not yet evident and in the players face. So it will be heavily disconnected.. for now.

As such I had the idea to use the Greek story "Anabasis" as a base, having a lost army return and the ramifications and everything that along with that be the basis or over arching story to.. well whatever they do.

But that's like all I got is a very very broad outline.
>>
>>46188134
Actually premade adventures can be a good source of inspiration. Particularly for L5R some of them can be good enough to run straight, others I've found I either like an event or premise from them and end up creating my own ideas based around that, using them as a jumping point for my own ideas when I'm having writers block. Others still are so bad they get my creative juices flowing just to write something better than that tripe.

Nothing wrong with getting inspiration from premade adventures even if you're not running them.
>>
>>46189117
>As such I had the idea to use the Greek story "Anabasis" as a base, having a lost army return and the ramifications and everything that along with that be the basis or over arching story to.. well whatever they do.
Okay, a good start.

So, first thing is to figure out what relation this army had to the dead guy. Presumably he was some sort of feudal lord, right? (Sorry, as I said I'm not too familiar with L5R lore.)

So, maybe this returning guy is the dead guy's old friend/rival. He returns from war, upsetting the local balance of power. One thing that unsettles him is the mysterious destruction of the dead guy's entire household. But he has bigger shit to take care of first.

Maybe this new guy is really honorable, and is disgusted by the corruption that he sees, so he uses his army to throw his weight around and get things cleaned up.

So, that's where the players can start. Maybe the crackdown is affecting their freedoms, or maybe they've been hired to help in it. Either way, they'll think they've gotten off scott-free at first, but eventually the truth WILL come out...
>>
>>46189513
>this returning guy
>this new guy
By that I mean the general of the returning army.
>>
>>46188896
Ah, sorry mate. I should not have been as hostile as I was.

I just really hate using premades. Again, sorry mate.
>>
>>46189513
Hmm, thanks for the idea's. It's always helpful.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.