[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GM just makes assumptions about your character and starts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1263232606.jpg (48 KB, 350x345) Image search: [Google]
1263232606.jpg
48 KB, 350x345
>GM just makes assumptions about your character and starts telling you what your character would and wouldn't do
>>
Hey OP, could you tell me the names of the other players in your group, and post your character sheet?

I mean, you DO have a group, right?
>>
As a GM, this is something I have a problem with doing. I try and add flourish to my narration and end up taking agency away from characters. Granted, it's not an amazing amount, and never in combat or in crucial conversations with NPC's, but the small things like reacting to other players actions etc.
>>
>>46183127
I attack the king.
>>
>>46183419
Your character died of a heart attack as soon as he raised arms against the king.

Now get away from my table and never come back.
>>
>>46183209
You must've never played a tabletop RPG
>>
>have ahd the same group with the same characters for fucking years
>they meet a hyper intelligent vaguely Helios-esque supercomputer
>it tries to make educated guesses about their hopes and fears based on what I know as GM

An idea I'm tossing around as in the current adventure they're due to meet it at the end and I want to spice up the interaction a bit. Could it be interesting or will it just be shit?
>>
>>46183555
I have no heart, didn't you read it in my 10 page long backstory?
>>
>>46184311
Do you have no ears either? I said get the fuck out.
>>
>>46184311
As you charge towards the king, his little daughter comes forth to protect her daddy, the sight makes you grow a heart and then have a heart attack and then you die.
Now go and stay go.
>>
>>46183828
If the computer starts to guess things it reasonably shouldn't know (I.E. Did your father die in front of you?) and makes some pseudo psychological bullshit explanation as to how it knows that, I think it would be spooky and fun. Doesn't even have to be real psychology. Just has to sound right.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.