[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, as I am preparing for my new campaign (Tyranny of the Dragons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
So, as I am preparing for my new campaign (Tyranny of the Dragons restatted and a bit changed), I am working on "making chromatics scary". Or better "making Tiamat's arrival scary".

So far I have one thing I like a lot: Draconic disease that causes growth of chromatic scales, changes to the eyes and eventual death tue to acid/molten lava/electric charge... generating in affected person's belly.

PCs will encounter this here and there and ever more frequent as they level up and discover more story.

Now I wonder if I can present chromatics as even more of a threat? I mean, to me chromatic dragons are about as harmful as a vain and tyrannic king. Except that they have bodies ten times the strenght, are thrise as wise and live a millenia.

How can I make the threat of chromatic rise to power even scarier? Should I even go along this path?

thanks
>>
I love that belly shit, I'm stealing it, godspeed
>>
File: Toast.png (441 KB, 646x1000) Image search: [Google]
Toast.png
441 KB, 646x1000
>>46176282
What system are you using, because that makes a huge fucking difference.
>>
>>46176282
>original content do not steal

What an obnoxious watermark for work clearly plagiarised from the monster manual
>>
>>46176969
Dnd 5e
>>
>>46176282
Priests of Tiamat who are thralls to draconic overlords kidnapping people and experimenting on them. Dragonborn kill teams wiping out caravans and cutting off supply chains to make sure the experiments go undeterred. Horrible monsters of all sorts, many of whom may have once been human, mutated through attempts to breed a proper half-dragon army. People being kept in order to make a half-dragon army the old fashioned way, mutilated and tortured to leave them in a state that renders them unable to cause any trouble. Entire villages on the outskirts of the realm rendered silent in the night after weeks of trouble of the roads surrounding them, left as ravaged monuments to the coming storm.

Just go nuts with the grimdark and add draconic themes to everything. Be subtle with the details and let the PCs piece together what's happening beyond what they've actually seen for themselves as you go, and it will eventually sink in.
>>
>>46176282
Well you could go all grimdark and add peasant villages being turned into pies (food for their draconic masters) and unlimited rapine for the cult members.

Climate change for a reptilian world, though I think dragons don't really care about that and probably aren't even reptiles in the strict sense of the word.

Concentration camps/death camps for non-cultist resistors and their families.

A drakarchy could have all kinds of evil shit along the lines of the Nazi's Dr Mengele or Unit 731 of the Japanese Imperial Army.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.