[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Romance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: love_you.jpg (300 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
love_you.jpg
300 KB, 1600x1200
How do you handle romance in a game?

Are there any tips on how to make it not feel forced?
>>
Blood Bonds
>>
>>46176028
Good, and it is way more flexible than just a romance (what system though ? I'm thinking vampire )
>>
>>46176259
Our Storyteller's bastardized hybrid of Revised and V20.
>>
>>46175961

First, don't make it creepy. This is the most important thing: Remember, roleplaying is a social event. If you're creeping people out, you're already doing it wrong. This means that you usually can't do it at a table.

Second, keep the characters in mind. Remember, PCs are PCs and PCs can be weird. I think the most important thing is to make them work for it. Don't make the girl just throw themselves on the PC, have her be reluctant and initially warm up. Make the love interests to be INTERESTING.

Third, don't make it eat up the spotlight to the exclusion of everything else. Remember, you have multiple players and this is only one subplot.

Fourth, the chase is more fun than the culmination. Usually, the romancing is more interesting than when the couple gets down to doing the dirty. This is why most anime romances have no sex, because there is nothing more boring that a happy, fulfilling relationship other than to the people involved.

Finally, be tasteful. I actually recommend against doing anything more than a tasteful fade-to-black. What is fun, however, is the way the girl reacts to the PC afterwards. Little things like a cold girl smiling and blushing, or clinging to the PC's arm and going "Last night was incredible." means a lot more than poorly-written erotica.

Last of all, and most importantly, don't be creepy about it. I've said this before, but for some people, this can go to weird fucking places.
>>
File: 12312457.gif (996 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
12312457.gif
996 KB, 500x200
>>46177509
>Finally, be tasteful.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.