[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #749: Lazy Monday edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: Jumpchain Starter Kit.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain Starter Kit.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46149939
>>
>>46167073

>749

FUCK. I screwed up the number
>>
>>46167097
Good job.
>>
>>46167097
Lazy indeed.
>>
>>46167097
Here we go again...
>>
>>46167097
Meh.
>>
Ah hell with it, we'll fix it in the next thread. This is the lazy one, remember? Whatever.
Anyway, I've got two questions for you guys, and both relate to jump making: I'm making Devil Survivor 2 jump, but there are only three locations that really matter: Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya. But that's only three locations. Can I make that work? After that, I'm making a jump for both DDS games, BUT, though the games themselves are immediately after the other, the second one dumps a whole lot of new info and plot. Should I make one jump then, or two?
>>
>>46167255
1d3

boom
>>
>>46167300
Works for me. And the other question?
>>
>>46167322
I say two jumps. DDS 2 goes into very different territory than the first game, I think there's plenty there to make multiple jumps out of.
>>
>>46167073

Reposting this.
>>
Hmm... deciding on a Persona for Tak from Invader Zim is rather tough. I want to say Fortune, but Magician would also work except for the fact she doesn't put much stock in magic. Chariot seems like a likely candidate too.
>>
>>46167255
>>46167322
If you can think of a way of preserving the big twist in the first jump while giving sufficient information for people to actually do stuff, doing two jumps would be great.

...Then again. People might get pissed off over realizing their plans might not work once they get around to building for the sequel.
>>
Is it cucking I waifu Erza while Jellal is still possessed, before they meet again?
>>
>>46167359
That's fine by me. I'll finish Devil Survivor 2 first. Here's what I have so far. Let me know if it's too much of an info dump.
>>46167423
Oh hey, Yoro, something I wanted to tell you last thread, for the Strange Journey drawback: Actually, out of all of them, Alcor will be the easiest: In-universe, the dude LOVES humanity. He gave us art, language, fire, culture, etc. and made the future seeing app to help us. Dude's got a crippling sense of guilt and worthlessness though, eons of being Polaris' lap dog and seeing his beloved humans getting kicked around without being able to do anything will do that to a guy.
>>46167424
To be fair, there's a pretty serious power level difference. I'll have to mention that.
>>
File: DevilSurvivor2Jump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DevilSurvivor2Jump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46167485
Whoops! Heh, sorry about that, HERE it is.
>>
>>46167485
>>Alcor
Hey man, thanks for that bit of info. I'll definitely try to get him on my side. Shouldn't be too hard if he's that beaten down. I've got a fair bit of understanding and emotional support perks under my belt.
>>
File: 056.gif (552 KB, 368x207) Image search: [Google]
056.gif
552 KB, 368x207
>>46167453
I don't even know why you'd want to, though.

Erza's kind of a mess.
>>
>>46167581
Then you should be set. You've got a time limit of about a week for all three BBEGs, though. God's can be survived(He want's a world to rule over, after all) But the other's are GAME OVER.
>>
>>46167616
Because her "love story" with Jellal is a mess, and incredibly cringe-worthy. Even for Fairy Tail

>>46167453
I would argue no. But then I got to Juvia before Grey ever met her and Waifued her, so what do I know.
>>
File: isekai-shokudo-1-401565-1.jpg (197 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
isekai-shokudo-1-401565-1.jpg
197 KB, 1280x1280
Postan my current hobby build, anyone have any ideas of stuff I should add to it?

The gates of hell warehouse addon bayonetta
(Comes fully equipt and allows for portals direct into)
Alchohol and Drinks
Divine implement flask/barrel of radegast percy jackson
Flask Rick and Morty
Jiu pot item alcohol Journey to the West
Ambrosia of heaven alcohol jtw
Ash meade banner saga
Klatchian cofee discworld
Best Ale in Chicago Dresden
Ogre Killer Yu Yu Hakusho
Seven Thousand, four hundred and seventeen Year Old Tenkau-Shen Ice Wine LoT
Sinful Sommlier Actraiser
Ambrosia Percy Jackson
Exceptional wine Spice and Wolf
Food
Infinite Grain mount and blade
Infinite Butter mb
Infinite Beef mb
Infinite Spices mb
Spiced jerky chrono trigger
Endless Waffles Zim
Stonebread recipe warhammer fantasy
Peaches of Immortality
Estus Flask (?) Dark Souls (sunny d for undead?)
Barrel of apples spice and wolf
Infinite olive oil Cooking Show
Unlimited supply of Strawberry Sundae devil may cry
Unlimited pizza dmc

Tableware and kitchen utensils
Melk knives Toriko
Basic cooking utensils to
Mobile kitchen to
Gourmet stick to
Obround Table Chrono Trigger
Over and under stove Cooking show
Hibachi CS
Gas range CS
Spice rack CS
Specialty cookware CS
Advanced cookbooks CS

Perks
I know just what you need narnia
Demigod of radegast (hospitality and booze god) percy jackson
God of hospitality lords of light
Chatelane kith changeling
Le cordon bleugh cooking show
Southern cookin CS
Creole cooking CS
Asian cooking CS
Mediterranean CS
Medium channeling+ (alchohol) Bayonetta
Various crafting perks may apply
>>
>>46167616
Hey, if ASA can waifu Nyarlathotep, I can waifu a hot redhead.
>>
>>46167581
Maybe I just think this because I played SJ but not DS2, but I'd be more worried about the Schwarzwelt. Unless you make some big assumptions about how the drawback affects the Persona universe, then the tech used to build the transports and Demonica suits don't exist, which means humanity has no way of getting into the damn place to begin with.
>>
>>46167775
Carnival phantasm offers water fountains of whatever beverage available in real life you wish
>>
>>46167798
In fairness, there is a pretty important difference: Polaris is essentially DELETING the world, where as Mem Alpeh is trying to remake it. The only reason Polaris doesn't win instantly in the game is because Alcor taught the Hotsuin clan how to defend against it, and even THEN she sends her Angel expies, the Septentriones.
>>
>>46167748
>Juvia
Rule number one man: don't stick your dick in crazy.
>>
File: b112ee3385222e8c03e325672ca81834.jpg (159 KB, 1280x1035) Image search: [Google]
b112ee3385222e8c03e325672ca81834.jpg
159 KB, 1280x1035
>>46167690
I've got a WEEK? From the moment I set down? Whooooo boy. I'm going to have to "cheat" a little bit if that's the case.

>>46167798
Tech is the one thing I'm not worried about. It make take a few days to adapt what I've got to local conditions, but I'm pretty sure I can manage that.
>>
>>46167941
Have you SEEN The List? Like half of my Waifus are crazy. I broke that rule a LONG time ago.
>>
>>46167883
Well damn. Getting Alcor on your side seems like the thing to do even more now.
>>
File: Congrats Ajimu.gif (36 KB, 390x290) Image search: [Google]
Congrats Ajimu.gif
36 KB, 390x290
>>46167519
Oh boy here we go. If this was anything like the last one I can expect good things TM to come of this. So what can we expect to see out of this one if you have a rough idea of it? Going to save these two jumps for later in my chain, but I'm looking forward to what you come up with. While I could risk the first game in early chain, I would never consider 2. The escalation is real enough to be pic related.
>>
>>46167941
>>46168002

To be fair, you don't really have to worry about crazy waifus that much when you're a powerful Jumper who probably has therapy perks to deal with that.
>>
So I've decided to run a chain with the following restrictions:
I can only use Melee Weapons
I have to take the Max CP possible in drawbacks every jump (this includes shit that overrides a jump's limit, like Wither in minecraft or that one in One Piece)
I can only have 8 companions total, no swapping out through the warehouse or anything, just a crew of 9 (this is mostly a headache remover)
If a Companion dies, they're gone for good unless I have some revival powers
I must always pick the drop-in origin

I'm trying to figure out if this is going to kill me or if I can get away with piling on even more restrictions.
>>
>>46167946
Well, actually, there MIGHT be a way to give you more time: Alcor can ALSO access the Akashic Record. This means that if you can kill Polaris, he can reset time back to the beginning of the week, allowing you two to take on God and Mem Aleph. So, make SURE you get Alcor on your side, he's the only one who can do this and make sure Polaris doesn't come back.
>>46168002
Yep, he's basically the best hope for saving as many lives as possible. Polaris thinks the humans will kill him themselves, which is the only reason she hasn't killed him herself.
>>46168028
Well, thank you for the compliment, and basically, a background based on the MC, backgrounds for the three endgame factions, a perk that makes YOU Alcor, and a companion option that allows you to get the MC, Alcor, and Miyako.
>>
So how much does Nightmare Mode buff the Bloodborne bosses? I really want the Holy Moonlight Sword but I'm fairly certain that Ludwig is going to kill me.
>>
>>46168109
Kamen Guy, Alcor's pretty cute but... I don't swing that way.
>>
Would anyone be interested in a Girl the Wild's jump? There's enough there for a solid lower-powered adventure.
>>
>>46168141
I was just reading through the wiki a bit and saw this, yeah. I'm going to NEED Alcor on my side to give me that extra week. Then I'm probably going to have to split my team in half to down the other two in the week I have left.

Hardly ideal, but we're a lot more experienced than we were when we fought Lavos.

>>46168134
You probably won't be too bad until you hit some settings where Melee Weapons are a major liability. I'd recommend staying away from Undertale with that Max CP of Drawbacks rule though. But then, I'm not one to talk.
>>
File: Terrified Shipslut.png (194 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Terrified Shipslut.png
194 KB, 480x480
>>46168141
>Become Alcor
That terrifies me more than it should. It's also going to screw over more jumpers than not who think this is an easy path to victory. Turns out, Alcor can't hurt Polaris. So for those of you gunning for it, be aware of that.

I'm glad to hear a Miyako companion option is possible, but will Nitta Io also be a companion option? Please?

>>46168217
....Eh? Seemed to me to be about a fightan highschool in Korea with girls and a perpetual will they won't they relationship with a MC who learns to overcome being a beta. What will there be to do there?
>>
>>46168134
Figured out my last restriction:
I must always remain in human form, I cannot use Alt forms ever
>>
>>46167404
What if I think bugs are icky?
>>
>>46168263
>>46168292
with my combination of Restrictions I can't Jump Undertale at all unless I went Murdertale, since I have to be Drop-In AND human
that's fine though, I can deal with not doing Undertale
>>
>>46168282
Knock some damned sense into them primarily. Plus fighting tournaments could be pretty fun. It's gotten pretty melodramatic as its gone on, but there are still things that you could have fun with.
>>
>>46168282
>What will there be to do there?
What's there to do anywhere?
>>
>>46168282
>Nitta Io companion option
No, never. I'm just kidding with you, sure you can have her as a companion. Just remember to treat her nice, she deserves it. As for the Alcor option, you won't literally BE him, just take his role. Still can't hurt Polaris, though.
>>46168263
Your best chance will be taking out Thor first; He's the one who launches the nukes as the American ambassador. This will buy you more time and stall God's invasion, allowing you to take on Mem Aleph. Just remember, God's going to be PISSED, and he's seriously strong, even compared to Polaris and Mem Aleph. Plus, he'll have the Archangels, Metatron, and maybe even Satan with him, not to mention the endless hordes of the forces of Law. You may have to call a temporary truce with Lucifer to fight him.
>>
>>46165997
>Are people still playing SupCom online?

https://www.youtube.com/user/felixlighta
>>
>>46168338

You don't have to be a bug.
>>
File: 1455500469916.png (111 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1455500469916.png
111 KB, 600x476
>>46167404

Showa Rider Part 2: 1800/1800
Drop-In(Broken Chain +200, Priority Target +300, Hamshin +200, Was It Golgom? +100)

Perks: Resourceful(0), Jumper Powered Warrior(300), Cyborg Soldier Level 3(200)

Gear: Road Sector(300), Contacts List(100)

Companion:
Extinction Time(800)
Lights in the Darkness(100)

Natalya Russo(500/500, Dummy Black)
Perks: Child of the Sun(300), Ride like the Wind(0), Tactical Mind(200)
Citlali(500/500, Golgom Mutant)

Perks: High Priest(300), Good Genes(200)

Final Build! I'm actually super happy with this one.
>>
>>46168217
Sounds interesting enough. I say do it. If for no other reason than to get the MC to grow some balls.
>>
File: Forsaken.jpg (65 KB, 327x323) Image search: [Google]
Forsaken.jpg
65 KB, 327x323
>>46168427
Thank you, and I will. She's my favorite of the cast, and one of the few who stand out as doing anything while pulling their own weight. That being said, I finally nailed down what terrified me the most about the Alcor perk. If Jumpers pull it off they become the new YHVH and get to reshape the world of humans as they please. Pic related.
>>
>>46168427
>>Your best chance...
You are an utterly invaluable source of tactical data and planning that would have taken me most of a week to research out from the wiki. A true gentleman and a scholar.
>>
>>46167255
Do it as a two-parter, like Light of Terra. They really are too connected to be separate Jumps, but too much changes for them to really work as one.
>>
>>46167255
I might be a bit late but, in regards to the locations, why not just use a d8 and have two numbers per location plus 2 for free choice? I think just three locations is totally fine if they're the only places that matter.
>>
>>46167255
I repeat: Opposite gender 'twin' for DDS.
>>
>>46167975
Did you waifu the crazy redhead with the prehensile hair?
>>
>>46168615
Your taste is superb, Anon. Also, the Akashic Record will be locked till Post-Spark. Speaking of YHVH, remember that theory about Eri Rai being YHVH? Well, there may be a certain drawback where not only is this true, but he may or may not hijack Canopus' place as the final boss...
>>46168651
No problem. For their respective strength: The Archangels are definitely manageable if you've defeated Polaris and Mem Aleph. Metatron is anywhere from a suped up angel to a planet buster, so be careful. Satan is DEFINITELY a planet buster, as well as a kaiju, so if he shows up, KILL HIM. YHVH literally breaks the scales, having a level of 108 where the max is 99. And if you hear anything that sounds like 'Megido Arc'? That's a weapon that will cleanse the earth, so take care of that if it shows up.
>>46168678
That's what I'm considering, yeah.
>>46168750
Huh, that works, actually. Sure, I'll go for that.
>>46168778
You mean like Yamato and Miyako? Sure, I can do that.
>>
>>46168801
No. Just Juvia.
>>
>>46168801
>waifuing Flare

Son, there's Bad Ideas and then there's that.
>>
>>46168809
>You mean like Yamato and Miyako? Sure, I can do that.
I meant like Serph and Sera.

Though I'm not adverse to Devil Survivor 2 having twins as well. I like twin options.
>>
>>46168876

Never read Fairy Tail. How bad is she?
>>
File: -1GR5wCK-bJtRGnwBXFqeeQcFQA.png (214 KB, 293x479) Image search: [Google]
-1GR5wCK-bJtRGnwBXFqeeQcFQA.png
214 KB, 293x479
>>46168918
>>
>>46168809
>> For their respective strength:...
You're really making me wish I wasn't taking this so early in my Chain. I guess I'll have to use my Asura Cryin Mecha for the later fights. I /really/ don't like fueling robots with souls and memories, but their power can't be denied and I haven't found a good alternate power source yet.

If I had more prep time I'm sure I could adapt my modified Bioreactors to work, but not inside a span of two weeks. Oh well, souls and memories it is.
>>
>>46168918
She's crossed the line into "psychotic bitch."

And then later had redeeming moments in the manga, and also the most fanservice-y ones which got the mangaka yelled at by EVERYONE.
>>
>>46167975
>List
There's a list? I need to see this.
>>
File: Such a nice smile.png (784 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Such a nice smile.png
784 KB, 1920x1080
>>46168947
>>
File: Hummingbird.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hummingbird.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>46168801
>Did you waifu the crazy redhead with the prehensile hair?
It's actually blood, but yeah.
>>
>>46169043
He was talking about >>46168947 from Fairy Tail.

>>46169007
Alice, Mera, Trisha, Luna Lovegood, Elsa, Some girls from Strike Witches,
My Ship Girls(I have yet to name these two groups OOC), Mizore, Sarah Kerrigan,
Akitsu, Yashima, Kocho, Juvia, Maybe Erza, Azula, Zhang Jiao, My Divinity bride,
Nonon , My Qunari Ally, The Choir of Righteous Fury, Elizabeth, Yuriko,
Hopefully Death of the Endless, Hopefully Lady Death, Neliel, Maybe Harribel,
My Jaeger Partner, Female Form Hastur, Raven, Serana, Kara Zor'el and all Alternative versions of her, Light of Terra in Human form

That should be the most up to date version. 200+ jumps and all that
>>
>>46169089
>Luna Lovegood,
She is hardly crazy. Just weird.
>>
>>46168894
Anon, Serph is an idealized A.I. version the real Serph that Sera created after she saw him for who he truly was, not her 'twin'.
>>46168980
That should work. As for Lucifer, he genuinely likes humanity, though he's a firm believer in survival of the fittest. His primary minions are Beelzebub, Asura, Lilith, and Nebiros, though he also has Belial and Lucifuge in later games. He probably won't betray you, that's not really his style, but once YHVH is gone, all bets are off. Beat him though, and he WILL back off, though he also promises he will return again when mankind calls to him for power once more.
>>
>>46169089
Soooo, is this the list of folks in the Warehouse waiting around, oooor some sort of companion pod workaround that I shouldn't talk about, ooor the list of people you promised to pick up post-spark?
>>
>>46169089
>Hopefully Death of the Endless, Hopefully Lady Death
>Female Form Hastur
M8
>>
>>46169089
Crazies include
Luna(Arguably), Mizore(arguably), Sarah, Akitsu(Arguably), Juvia, Azula, Most Likely Zhang Jiao, Hastur?, Galatia, The Choir, Yuriko, and Most Likely Light of Terra.

>>46169123
I was listing the Harem bro, not just the crazies.
>>
>>46169139
I put it in parenthesis for a reason anon.
>>
>>46169156
His list of fuck-trophies.
>>
>>46169156
Some are in the Warehouse in stasis, and I swap out companions I'm actively with often, some are people I promised to pick up post-spark.

>>46169161
What? Death a Cute
Lady Death....OK, honestly that was just because I spent my entire Marvel Cinematic Universe run being a troll
Hastur started as a joke in the IRC due to drawbacks I took in Lovecroft until I decided to embrace it.
>>
>>46169198
Anon please, don't be upset justice is polygamous.
>>
>>46169167
Yes, and I'm telling you I don't get it. They AREN'T 'twins', they're two entirely different characters. Wait, do you mean like at the end of two, where they fuse and become Seraph?
>>
So here is a couple questions for you jumpers. First, how many is too many Companions if you are looking to keep them powered up enough to be useful and at least hold their own in the worlds you visit.
Secondly how late is too late to pick up companions under the same premise of keeping them powerful enough to still count?
>>
>>46169207
>Death a Cute
Obviously. But she's not waifuable. If anything, you'd be her waifu.
>>
>>46169211
I just want a distaff counterpart that looks like a genderswap and is made of data.

Now I also want a twin in DSV2 though.
>>
>>46169208
I'm not insinuating anything of the sort, regardless if he's Mormon or not. I'm just sayin' - it's essentially a list of fuck-trophies.
>>
>>46169216
Depends on if you're powering them up through imports or other means. If you have some other way of making people stronger, than it's however many people you care to keep track of. If it's import only, then the answer is a hard eight.
>>
>>46169139
>> That should work...
Again, thanks for the advice and advanced planning. I've copied down most of what you've said and I'll turn it into a cohesive plan of action within the next few days and get the show on the road.

Unfortunatelly, I have to be going for the night. Busy day tomorrow and all that. Here's something cute.

Thanks again. Hope to see you around.
>>
>>46169207
Why not go for Discworld Death? Post-mortem trifecta.

And with that list of waifus, you've fucked weirder stuff than a male skeleton.
>>
>>46169226
Oh. That's fine, I can do that.
>>46169271
No problem, Yoro, have a nice sleep
>>
>>46169216
None. Most companions only need one or two upgrades to stay "useful" all the way up until "end jump" tier jumps.They won't match YOU, but they will match whatever universe you're currently in well enough most likely.
Same answer.

Moreover, it doesn't take a lot to be "useful". Shit, sometimes just a different perspective helps on things.

>>46169288
I collected him to watch my adventures with Jump-chan. I collect people, and Deaths in particular, to watch my adventures with her.

I'm not into guys, not even guy skeletons.
>>
>>46169309
Susan, then?
>>
>>46169309
What about Susan? She's a candidate for the mantle of Death and has some of his powers already.
>>
>>46169358
>>46169366
I don't collect Waifus from series I haven't read/watched/played. I don't own ANY of the discworld stuff. I intend to grab them at some point, but they are one of many things in my backlog
>>
>>46169216
>First, how many is too many Companions if you are looking to keep them powered up enough to be useful and at least hold their own in the worlds you visit.
8 is generally the cap on imports, with few exceptions.

>Secondly how late is too late to pick up companions under the same premise of keeping them powerful enough to still count?
Almost every jump could be survived by solo, in theory. You are invariably going to outstrip them in terms of raw power eventually no matter what you do.
>>
>>46169425
>You are invariably going to outstrip them in terms of raw power eventually no matter what you do.

Unless you take DRAGn and MAIDn. If you buy them any perks they are stronger than you because they have all your powers plus whatever else you buy them.
>>
>>46169487
What jump?
>>
>>46165768
fwiw, I took the SupCom jump for the civilian applications: nigh-unlimited mass/energy/unit generation, impressive materials science, and the ability to (re)build entire everythings in minutes via swarms of flying engineer bots. I don't even have a LoT - I grabbed the schematics for Atlantis in Stargate instead.

I like super-tech flying cities and SupCom tech means I can build them like lego, if lego came with unlimited supplies of any brick piece you wanted. Now I'm wondering, what do other Jumpers do with their SupCom tech besides dakka?
>>
>>46169538
Generic virtual world.
>>
>>46169487
>And with that list of waifus, you've fucked weirder stuff than a male skeleton.
>>46169548
I converted some Anno 2070 tech so now I have as many ocean colonies as I want, whenever I want them.
>>
>>46168134
It's going to kill you; there are at least a couple of jumps where the max cp drawback option is basically "here's your consolation prize for choosing to end your chain in a brutal way".
>>
>>46169608
Why did you put that under a post that had nothing to do with it?
>>
>>46169693
I did not intend to, I have no idea how that happened.
>>
>>46169548
On the dakka front I imported Zoids, and use them to make more zoids.

On the non-dakka front I make Bioshock-Infinite inspired flying cities with large gardens, waterfalls, and so forth. Some of that I have to make myself but I use SupCom for the initial construction.

I also use it to make non-flying cities. Homeless people? Nope. Free housing.

In settings were there are attacks from wildlife I don't just make giant attack robots, I make walls and set up forcefield generators to protect people. Settings with nuclear war on the horizon find the threat neutralized by a shitton of anti-nuke thingies.

I'm also fond of introducing space travel cheaply - It took me six whole seconds to make this spaceship for you, so I'll charge you six cents, rounded down, of course.

As with an unnamed someone I make underwater Ark's galore. I also make space stations to go along with the space ships mentioned earlier. I have a love of bio-domes on spaceships and make them often. That leads into my efforts to make a megastructure of my own, complete with its own atmosphere... haven't got that part down yet, anyone have good ideas for making giant artificial atmospheres?
>>
>>46169780
>haven't got that part down yet, anyone have good ideas for making giant artificial atmospheres?

Go to halo, copy the ark.
>>
>>46168134
Can you use powers, tech, and magic that boost your capability with melee? If so then you could probably survive, if not... Nice knowing you, random dead anon.
>>
>>46169814
... It's always the simple solutions that escape me. Thanks for pointing out the blindingly obvious to me.
>>
>>46169309
>Moreover, it doesn't take a lot to be "useful". Shit, sometimes just a different perspective helps on things.
Well perhaps I chose the wrong word however as some of these worlds are shonen anime it takes a bit more to survive as anything more than a spectator (and possible voice of reason) than what many companions start out with.
>>
>>46169548
Personally, I looked at people LoT imports and decided it wasn't HUEG enough.

I started with building my own Death Star, upgrading it to hilarious levels, and then went to importing it to increase it's size. It's somewhere between Mercury and Mars in terms of HUEG now.

Supcom means I can use it to built entire constellations in absurdly short times. It's nice, in the sense that building a galactic empire in a few weeks is nice.

I mean, flying cities are nice and all, but I'm building entire world-ships, either with nice forests and farmlands, factories to use them as forge-worlds that'd make any techpriest go green with envy, or Coruscant-style city-worlds.

If I want to, they come complete with population too, in the form of clones from the tanks, or robots with various levels of sapience.
>>
Botfly Mosaic Organ in Terra Formars.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a bastard am I for getting it.
>>
>>46170369
Bao. China/10 would horrify again.
>>
>>46170369
those bugs deserve it anon.
>>
>>46170369
Literally worse than Hitler.

Worse than Starfish Hitler.
>>
File: pxkrQY.gif (916 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
pxkrQY.gif
916 KB, 500x281
>>46170414

now is that more or less evil than this guy?
>>
>>46169089
>>46169166
>Importing the Light of Terra as a fleet girl.
You just blew my mind, I bet she's all sweet on ole Captain Grigobretz too... I'm totally doing this now.
>>
>>46170608
He fell down a hole.
>>
>>46168876
Flare is a good girl, and you can keep her from going crazy if you don't get your ass stuck on an island for 7 years.
>>46168987
They should have been yelling for more.
>>
>>46170608
>Captain Grigobretz
I don't know about yours, but mine just vanished and we weren't able to find him. Some say he's still on board somewhere, others say he ended up in the warp, yet others suggest he ended up in another reality altogether.
>>
Is it possible to just acquire whatever formula the flash used to obtain superspeed (in, say, young justice) and get speedforce powers that way?
>>
>>46171372
Doesn't the speedforce only exist in the DC universe though?
>>
>>46171372
That seems perfectly fine.

Just keep in mind that your connection to the Speedforce isn't protected by fiat, so it's only in whichever DC universe you did it in, and depending on the continuity there might literally only be so much Speedforce to go between you and other speedsters.
>>
>>46171391
>>46171400
Damn. I hadn't considered that.
>>
>>46167404

Gonna ask something I think some people were wondering:
Can Jumper Powered Warrior make more than one Avatar? Can you change who your avatar is, if it's not reusable?
and can you rescind the powers offered if you wished?
>>
File: DevilSurvivor2Jump (1).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DevilSurvivor2Jump (1).pdf
1 B, 486x500
So here are the locations and backgrounds for the Devil Survivor 2 jump. I'm going to head out for now, but if I can answer any questions later, I will.
>>
>>46171510

I'm making this shit up because we never saw the Earth Spirits empower anyone else in Kamen Rider J's movie.
You can make more than one Avatar, but as the jump says the process is energy intensive. I wouldn't recommend trying to make an army of them unless you're a late-game jumper with literally power to spare.

Rescinding the powers is possible, but you have to be in physical contact with them.
>>
Are there any perks that help inspire absolute loyalty?
>>
>>46170760
The Captain is a total bro, he was definitely a mentor and father figure for me on the Light. Got a minor Wyrd power choice roll so I picked Healing Hands to help him along with Fixer for cybernetics and Medic. I even managed to convince Carwyn to work some psychic healing on him. It wasn't enough to get him out of the chair until after I got my powers back, but he appreciated effort and it made him far more comfortable in the mean time.
>>
>>46171610
I've been there, man.
Thanks for the answer, I figured the solution to the energy issue would be to find a way to hook yourself up to something massive in terms of energy/power...If nothing else, I can find a way to crystallize magic power and use it as backup batteries.
The jump's awesome by the way!
>>
>>46171836

Thanks. You want to hear an idea I have for Kuuga, jump-wise?
>>
File: No Fear No Pain Only Rock.jpg (225 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
No Fear No Pain Only Rock.jpg
225 KB, 600x900
>>46171897
Not that person but i'd totally like to hear and maybe pass some ideas around if i still have them.
>>
>>46171673
Dunno about "absolute", but Command & Conquer Red Alert has leadership/loyalty perks.
>>
>>46171673
Perfect Communication Skills from Worm might help out with that.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 900x1324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 900x1324
MARVEL (14)
--ERA--
NOW - 2014
--LOCATION--
NYC
--IDENTITY--
Drop-In
Male, 24yo
--POWERS--
•Brains (900cp)
--SKILLS--
•Swinger (800cp)
--ITEMS--
•Bodyslider (Teleport + Speed) (-100cp)
•Webshooters (-200cp)
•Blaster (Energy + Side Arm) (-250cp)
•Lots Of Money (-300cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•4th Wall Avoidant & Reliant (0cp)

Do you have a craving for chimichangas? I do! CHIMICHANGAS! There's not much to say other than I intentionally deleted this trip out my my memory. For my sanity, for ten years I was well Deadpool 2.0, just as crazy, just as annoying. What I do remember is a lot of changes, and that's all I dare to remember. I just hope my next trip is something worth remembering.
>>
>>46171970

My idea is that there would be no explicit 'Rider' based origin unlike the Showa jumps. The three backgrounds I have planned would ultimately each have some aspects of it.

A Police Officer background that gives you early access to the Kamen Rider G1 armor or access to the prototype Arcle seen in the Kuuga novel.

A Grongi background seeing as they and Kuuga are biologically the same type of organism, so it would be easy to fanwank it so you just happen to look less evil and more heroic. Still stuck with the Grongi belt, though with the possibility of buying an Amadam to put you on par with Kuuga and Daguva.

For Drop-In, you could get Jump-chan's version of the Seed of Agito. Based on a rhinoceros beetle instead of a stag beetle./spoiler]
>>
>>46172210
So you'd need to cross buy to be a good rider?
>>
>>46172233

That's the thing though. What exactly constitutes a Kamen Rider?

Is it the powers? The belt? The costume/armor? The motorcyle?

This would basically be a 'build-your-own-Rider' type thing.
>>
>>46172336
Sounds like it'd be too expensive to be worthwhile.
>>
>>46172336
The will to protect the innocent.
>>
File: iBku6Yb.jpg (33 KB, 581x337) Image search: [Google]
iBku6Yb.jpg
33 KB, 581x337
>>46172210
For the first spoiler I'd totally recommend making the Nerve Breaking Bullets either on the CP tier as the Police Rider armor itself if only because of how powerful it made the cops in Kuuga by the end of the series, fucking oneshots Grongi last i remember

Second one
When I was tossing a Kuuga jump in my head that was sorta what I wanted to convey with making a "Grongi Customization Table" since there are multiple ranks/types/abilities of Grongi as there was Kuuga, I mean the weird thing to balance would be the classifications as there was apparently a crafting species of Grongi among the other wide variety of things Grongi could do

Besides that and Agito being a wierd series I havent finished yet so I cant say too much on that topic besides "Being Gills is Suffering" it does sound pretty alright.

>>46172233
Depends on what you mean "good", if you mean morally then Kuuga/Godai already does that. If you mean "statistically good" then its time to pack it up since there's enough of a variety of Riders of different skillsets, design, and origin that you're never going to get "the best".

Unless you're a swiss army knife made of swiss army knives like Decade then you get "Not really the best but kinda okay at things overall"
>>
>>46172343

Maybe. I'd probably have to include more drawbacks and remove any limit to to the amount of points you could gain to offset this.

>>46172377

But what about Riders like Ouja? He certainly has no desire to protect the innocent.
>>
>>46172433
Not muh Rider, then.
>>
>>46172447

The point would be to do whatever you want, because the definition of a Kamen Rider is vague enough at this point that it could be pretty much anything.
>>
>>46172416
Grongi is a gross word.
>>
As I understand it, drawbacks override directly conflicting perks, but you can find ways around them?

So if I take drawbacks that change my personality, but have a companion that can alter my personality, can I import them and have them alter my mind?
>>
File: N-Gamio-Zeda.jpg (23 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
N-Gamio-Zeda.jpg
23 KB, 250x333
>>46172416

Speaking of Decade I was thinking of making a Grongi origin-exclusive perk that gives you a scaled-down version of pic related's ability to turn humans into Grongi via dark miasma.
>>
>>46172557
Oh right that totally reminds me that a drawback i wanted to come up with if only because of wordplay would be
Most Dangerous Gegeru, not sure what it would do but i guess it'd be a massive Grongi rush at the least
>>
>>46172620

Maybe something where the Grongi got out earlier and have had a lot more time to adjust to the modern world, making them much more dangerous and with no Godai to stop them?
>>
How does Thanatos from Worm interact with magic? If it kills a wizard, can it cast their spells?
>>
>>46172822
Seeing how magic doesn't exist in Wormverse I doubt Thanatos would steal magic.
>>
>>46172822
Might get spell like abilities but I doubt it would get the actual spells.
>>
>>46172542
From my view, it's generally up to the jumper, especially if you're not going to talk about how you deal with it. I feel that for something like that, you'll probably have to have your companion constantly perform telepathic brain surgery on you, as the personality traits come back due to being drawback-enforced.
>>
>>46172822
Thanatos isn't a one for one stealing of everything a person could do. When you killed the wizard the projection would scan him to gather data on who and what he is, what he does, etc.

At which point it probably upgrades itself somehow based on what it learns from what it can read of his magic or any odd things about him. Or potentially just integrating elements of magic itself into its form to aspect itself for future magical improvements.

Thanatos rifles through its victims pockets for useful stuff. It doesn't just copy paste everything. If you had killed multiple magic users and the phantom had learned to cast magical effects then it might just steal knowledge of some of his magic to use for itself.
>>
>>46173033
Well, the ability specifically mentions getting powers related to their domains from killing a god.

>>46172822
Maybe if it's genetic, but not learned? Say, killing an HP wizard would get it HP magic, but killing a D&D wizard wouldn't get jack shit.
>>
>>46172542
I would want to see someone do that, but the companion secretly resents the Jumper in some way, and takes advantage of the situation to have the Jumper change to be more like they want them to.
>>
>>46173088
>Thanatos isn't a one for one stealing of everything a person could do.
Generally I go with the more varied and/or powerful someone's abilities are, the more likely it is it'll just get a weaker version or abilities that are similar but not quite the same. Is that what you intended.

Like, say, killing a relatively weak and one-trick pony super like Cyclops or Wolverine would pretty much get you abilities equals to them, but killing Superman or Thor would just get you vastly toned down versions of a couple of their abilities?
>>
>>46173144
That's one way you could go about it, and a pretty good one.

Keep in mind that a lot of powers aren't the clean effects they seem on the surface though. If you take out Superman Thanatos is liable to adjust itself to have a Kryptonians ability to absorb radiation to empower it, which would result in some pretty neat tricks most likely.

Try and think about how the powers are performed and less about the apparent end result if you want really in depth stuff. But that way is fine if you just want a quick and dirty way to figure things out.
>>
>>46173209
Thanks!

Actually, I thought of a few more questions, if you have the time (and inclination):
Could Real Eater be used to change Thanatos to integrate abilities via non-lethal method (say, drinking their blood) or change it from a projection to a transformation? (Not both at once, of course)

With Boogie Manimal, how strong can you make a single monster before improving it just isn't worth it anymore?

And can you use Stasis to freeze yourself like Clockblocker?
>>
>>46173209
But that's the shittiest part of superman. That's poor taste.
>>
DeviL Survivor 2 jump maker here, I'm back. If anyone has any questions, I'm here to answer them.
>>
>>46173316
Considering the amount of power he gets out of radiation, I disagree, he's outputting more power than he's absorbing. Besides he gets his power from the radiation of a yellow sun, which is hardly a difficult source to come across.
>>
>>46173296
Real Eater can't make powers stronger, simply different. Changing it to merely drinking blood is a direct upgrade since it's easier than full out killing the target. Projection to Transformation is a potentially neat one though, IMHO it's be viable.

With Boogie Manimal that depends on how much the powers developed. Overall you can make some pretty gnarly monsters quickly enough to be useful on a combat time scale (if still not instant or quick enough that you want to do it when face to face with a guy). Spending around an hour or so to pump one up would be the point that initially diminishing returns would start to bite you in the ass, but you'd have a pretty solid monster that not a lot of parahumans would choose to fight if they had a choice.

Stasis can't freeze yourself, but it can freeze your clothes and whatnot. Granted that has its own logical problems.

>>46173316
You're entitled to your opinion. But considering that just the radiation of a yellow star empowers his cells to the extent of having that level of strength, speed, flight, heat beams, and whatever the fuck else I hardly think that that kind of boosting is somehow useless to something like Thanatos. Imagine it soaking up different types of radiation like Supes to supercharge itself in various ways.

Frankly killing something on the level of Supes is going to give one hell of an upgrade, it's not a question of the level but of what flavor it comes in.
>>
>>46173417
>Boogie Manimal
I've never even looked at that power, but that seems pretty neat. They're permanent after they're made, right?
>>
>>46173346
What's your secret for writing so fast? Like, damn.
>>
>>46173451
Eh, there's nothing really to it. I just think of what would fit a setting, put effort and time into it, and voilà
>>
Are there any perks that would let me run a shop selling extradimensional magical stuff in a mundane universe without attracting the attention of the government and press and such? So basically an anti-popularity/technology spreading perk?
>>
>>46173447
More or less. They'll run down if they don't have any way to sustain themselves like any creature, though depending on how you make them that can be less of a problem then most natural animals. You can effectively unmake them as well if you wish.

But assuming proper skill and handling on your part, yes they can be effectively permanent.
>>
>>46173296
>And can you use Stasis to freeze yourself like Clockblocker?
Clockblocker can't freeze himself, just his costume and anything else on his person.
>>
Is anyone working on a Crysis jump?
I'm practically slavering at the nanotech/biotech possiblities.
>>
>>46173505
I thought he was trapped in water during the Leviathan fight and froze himself to survive, then Trickster teleported him out or something?
>>
>>46173513
Not that I know of, and is the Nanotech really that impressive?
>>
>>46173548
Not same anon

But yeah, Buffs strength, speed, armor, and makes you invisible to say a few things. Also fuses to your wounds and heals them if you get mortally wounded. At that point you can't ever turn the suit off or remove it with out dying or being severely crippled, but in a pinch it will keep you going.
>>
>>46173346
Considering you have a perk for Alcor, will there be anything for Miyako?
>>
>>46173609
That's not that clear of how impressive anon. You just listed a lot of things that can be done with nanotech from other jumps, and nothing about how well it does them.
>>
>>46173548
>>46173701

What >>46173609 said, basically.

But the Nanosuit 2 eventually turned the body within it into a Nanosuit itself.

But that was after the original user put the suit on a new guy, killed himself, and his personality which had been saved as an AI by the suit took over.
The whole process took about 20 years, but this shit was just what humans could reverse engineer from damaged backwards Ceph tech.

Everyone in the know was shitting their pants when they realized that new Ceph were coming in from another galaxy, because those Ceph had had like a billion years to work on advancing their nanotech while the ones on earth were in stasis.

TL;DR: It's pretty awesome.
>>
What's the difference between the two versions of Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs in the drive?
>>
File: 1456647384952.jpg (117 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
1456647384952.jpg
117 KB, 752x1063
>>46173701
Well
Maybe it's not super impressive compared to other jumps nano tech
But it's got a cool theme of surrendering your humanity to use it, almost a bit Faustian

N-not that I'd ever do such a thing
>>
>>46173670
There will be a opposite gender 'twin' option as a companion. Also, the capstone for JPs will allow you to use the same kind of Dragon Stream binding she used. There will not be an perk to take her place, though.
>>
>>46173751
Oooh. Is the Sister tempted by power?
>>
File: 1441984045849.jpg (251 KB, 1158x818) Image search: [Google]
1441984045849.jpg
251 KB, 1158x818
>>46173751
Right you wouldn't know anything about surrendering your humanity to machines now would you sister?
>>
>>46173762
That's fine with me.
>>
File: Sister_Hmph.jpg (74 KB, 600x774) Image search: [Google]
Sister_Hmph.jpg
74 KB, 600x774
>>46173774
N-Never!
I just think for an EA game post 2005 it's got an interesting allegory.

>>46173788
Yeah, I don't!
>>
>>46173541
No, he froze the water around him, the water touching that water, the water touching that water, etc and got most of Leviathan's water shadow and possibly Leviathan (I'm not entirely sure whether Leviathan was actually frozen or just completely surrounded with frozen water and thus stuck).
Clockblocker himself wasn't frozen, just knocked unconcious, hence the need to teleport him out before he suffocated. If he'd been frozen, Trickster couldn't have teleported him.
>>
Does anybody know how hard it would be to learn the summoning and magic arrays from Mushoku Tensei without buying them?
>>
>>46174520
Oh, and do we keep all the bodymod perks if we take bound?
>>
>>46171372
I know as it's a bit late but taking the flash formula in young justice is still probably a good idea.
Word of God stated at one point that the speedforce didn't exist in the YJ-verse and yet the flash could still go at speeds comparable to light but not faster than it.
>>
>>46174563
Unless I am gravely mistaken, I have been under the impression that even when all powers are stripped from you, you keep your bodymod body - unless the jump explicitly restores you to your pre-jumping body, which gauntlets and even Light of Terra does not do.
>>
>>46174647
So that means I could get near lightspeed running speed and keep it even in non-dc jumps? Awesome.
>>
>>46174717
Light of Terra is maybe not the best example, since not taking away bodymod was something Babylon added in later.
>>
>>46174752
Perhaps, but as I said, I was under the impression that bodymod was permanent unless explicitly removed, including gauntlets and drawbacks that remove powers.
>>
>>46173485
Pretty sure there are, but can't remember them sorry. Um... Luck perks? Oh and Ghost from Deus Ex would help prevent your shop from tripping any red flags in government databases and conveniently futz with any big brother surveillance systems that might notice your weirdness. Mist from Percy Jackson, too?
>>
>>46174778
This was my understanding as well.
>>
Devil Survivor
>Nagata-Cho
>Age 23
>Thug
>Bels and Whistles (200)
>The Dreaded
>Pups shouldn’t bark at wolves (100)
>Power… I need more POWER! (-300)
>The Heart’s Desire (-600)
>Conquer your demon (-800)
>COMP
>Brutal Bat
>Bel On Earth
>…The Lord let loose his wrath (-200)
>Morning Star (0)

So, fighting against Samael... Even at this point of the chain my chances are still slim. But what kind of jumper would I be if I did not take the challenge before me? Maybe one with common sense.I hope that dying doesn't hurt too much.
>>
File: jNkU957.png (651 KB, 959x417) Image search: [Google]
jNkU957.png
651 KB, 959x417
>Still no Mignolaverse jump
>>
>>46173417
Hey, Worm - could you use Real Eater to make it copy the powers of someone who considers you a true friend? I figure that's at least as hard as killing someone, so it gets around the "can't make it stronger" limitation.
>>
>>46176119
That seems to be harder then killing someone, violating the rules of real eater. At the very least for the average person, though anyone where it'd be harder to kill them would make it violate the rules in the opposite way.
>>
>>46176129
Maybe. Still, there's gotta be some sort of way to Real Eater Thanatos into something someone who isn't a monster can use, though.
>>
>>46176241
Not really? Real Eater has some pretty stringent restrictions, for good reasons too, so it's hardly a solution for all things. You'd probably have better luck just trying to find some way to alter the shard itself or something.
>>
File: Suit-upgrades-1024x496.jpg (92 KB, 1024x496) Image search: [Google]
Suit-upgrades-1024x496.jpg
92 KB, 1024x496
>>46172542
My interpretation is if a drawback alters your personality (say to "evil" or "depressed") then nothing you can do will get rid of that alteration except in the very short term.
You'd basically have to have the companion doing that constantly, and it would probably do more harm than good - what's the long-term effect of having your personality constantly overwritten and re-written? etc.

>>46173485
Take "I don't have any special features" from Nichijou and "Well that Was Wierd" from Nine to Five: should basically make people think you're normal despite weird things.
Take "Removed From Context" from Young Justice, so nobody can reverse-engineer your tech.
"Anachronism" from Assassin's Creed means people won't consider your tech out of place if you explain it to them.
If anyone asks how your magitech works, just use Technobabble from Jurassic Park or wear a Hidie Hoodie from Slice of Life, stops people interacting with you (ie: nobody will demand interviews or be able to call you into an Inquiry panel or such).
. This guy's >>46174959 Mist from Percy Jackson is a good idea.

>>46173548
I think it is reasonably good - the actual strength/speed/armor enhancement isn't that great, but the background stuff is pretty neat.
The Nanosuit 2 gets hit with alien nanites, and it automatically develops a counter-agent not just to protect the wearer, but can spread the effect in the environment. Its nanotech can also absorb the nanotech used by the aliens and reverse engineer new abilities based on what the alien nanites could pull off - again, without needing input from the wearer.
>>
>>46176119

Just learn how to resurrect the dead, then buy them a drink to apologize.
>>
>>46173548

Yeah, the biggest thing is the neural fusion with an artificial intelligence.

The Crysis novel by Peter Watts goes into it a lot, and it's really very impressive on the information level. Think a toned down form of the comic book Extremis.
>>
File: Red_Tear.jpg (252 KB, 771x552) Image search: [Google]
Red_Tear.jpg
252 KB, 771x552
Jumpers what do you desire to waifu?

Mine is to waifu a bunch of Gloriana class battleships.
>>
>>46176431
Why does it have a giant eyeball?
>>
>>46176256
Eh, it just says similar type and strength. I think that, despite the variance, it's generally of similar strength.
>>
File: Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg (249 KB, 481x1060) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg
249 KB, 481x1060
>>46176500
It seems to be a thing with Blood Angel aesthetics.
>>
What exactly can iterative improvement from worm accomplish?
>>
>>46176505
Except it isn't. It's generally much harder then killing someone or much easier with the right powers/person. That's not similar in strength at all.
>>
What's the best way to let me multitask to a ridiculous degree? I want to be able to focus on as many different things as I feel like, even if that's something like thousands upon thousands of different telepathic conversations, or just considering every book I've ever read at the same time.

Please don't say Queen Administrator, or any other Worm power, I already have my own power from that jump.
>>
>>46176431
Amazons. I want an entire harem of powerful women who I'd be proud to fight alongside.
>>
>>46176505
Making someone a true friend along the lines of Persona social links is a very different thing from just punching them in the back of the head really hard a few times. It's not something Real Eater can do for this one power.
>>
>>46176553
Examples from the Jump include changing a "strength" power to a "speed" power, and an "immunity to poison" power into an "immunity to disease" power. I'd argue that both of those are clear examples of a power discrepancy - it's generally much more useful to be fast than strong, and immunity to all forms of poison, including heavy metal, toxic atmospheres, and the like is much more useful than immunity to microorganisms.

But I'll concede the point, and change it from "stealing their life" to "stealing their heart." As in, feeling intense emotional (not just physical) attraction.

Bard Jumper is go.
>>
>>46176563

Memory Partition from Tsukihime can get kind of completely ridiculous with mental multitasking.

At first you can only focus on four problems with two partitions, but once you get to three you have twenty seven. Then at four it goes up to being able to focus on 256 problems at once. Then five gets you 3,125 problems at once.

Then it gets more ridiculous from there.
>>
>>46176628
Those two things are nowhere near similar power though. If you're gonna powerwank why even ask in the firsy place?
>>
>>46176628
Whatever your opinion on the examples in the jump doesn't change the fact that the perk cannot make things more or less powerful or difficult. All of your suggestions for Real Eater so far, including the one in this post, are more or less powerful then base Thanatos.
>>
File: Contemporary Cu.png (215 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Contemporary Cu.png
215 KB, 480x480
>>46174520
Depends on how good a teacher you can find on the subject, anon. The big issue is that a great deal has been lost, and the information that remains is in the hands of the church, magic university, along with the dragon tribe who has the most knowledge. Depending on your origin, anything but the university could be a no go. Perugius Dola hates demon races and won't teach you, Orsted is difficult to find and has his curse of hatred and forever war, plus the church is anti demon race and would force you to join to learn otherwise.

Perk gives you the solid basics and makes learning the rest easy. Given that summoning and magic arrays are basically magic coding, that is a huge help. Trying to learn from scratch without a mentor here is literally reinventing a wheel from the ground up. Perk makes that somewhat a viable stance, but finding a mentor is strongly encouraged.
>>
>>46176631
That sounds good. Considering jumpers can get frankly bonkers mental capabilities, how hard do you think it would be to get to five or more partitions?
>>
>>46176631
Not other anon, but i just looked up what you said and Christ that is overpowered. If you somehow hit level 10 thats 10 billion individual tasks.
>>
>>46176667

Actually wouldn't changing 'killing them' to 'something else' probably fall under the can't change power sources ruling?
>>
>>46176655
I'm trying to figure out what is similar. I genuinely don't want to wank - I want to come up with a version of Thanatos that doesn't require murder, and is approximately the same power. But rather than any sort of creativity, all I'm getting is "nothing is a similar level of power, stop trying."

So if you don't believe anything I can do isn't wanking, I might as well wank wholeheartedly.
>>
>>46176631
A very important thing to note is that Memory Partition only works by focusing on one general area. It's not thousands of completely different ideas, it's just thousands of different views on one area. The area used in series is combat, so it's still fairly wide.
>>
>>46176702
No, that would be changing Thanatos from Shard-based to magic-based or ki-based.
>>
>>46176702
Eh, I think that's just for things like magic, ki, whatever power source.

>>46176704
Or maybe this perk just will not accomplish the effect you want. Just because you want it to do something doesn't mean it will.
>>
>>46176725
Like I said - if you're convinced there's literally nothing that would fall into similar levels of power when strength and speed fall into similar levels of power, I might as well just do what I want and roll my eyes when you say "but you can't!"
>>
>>46176760
Then have fun breaking the rules.. I don't much see the point in just giving yourself whatever you want, but if you find that fun, by all means.
>>
>>46176688
Having now looked at it (and googled to figure out how much the higher ones have) this is crazy. The highest anyone has gotten is 8, which would be 16,777,216 thoughts at once. Wow. Just... wow.

>>46176631
Thanks very much for pointing that out, it's insane!
>>
>>46176780
I might say the same about you. You have no spark of creativity, so you try to impose arbitrary restrictions on anyone who does, claiming they're breaking rules that simply don't exist. Why is that fun? What's the point of you?
>>
>>46176760
Or perhaps the jumpmaker just doesn't understand the difference between strength and speed and thought it would mean to most people that they'd be equal? Does it really seem more likely that the maker would have Real Eater able to significantly improve the power of any and all perks in jumpchain or that, as the perk says and the author has explained in the past, the changes must be equal?

Or you can go on twisting words to justify using a perk that has long been known to only change things equally to let you flat out buff abilities as you like. It's just that it should be painfully obvious what the meaning of the words are, not just the lettering.
>>
>>46176688

I'm not sure. Technically having five partitions is supposed to be genius level, but like you said jumpers can get frankly bonkers mental capabilities.

Although in canon eight seems to be the highest anyone's gotten.

>>46176689

Atlas Academy is bullshit. I want to say Nasu did not think things through, but the right terms are used and the math fits. Sure it means that Sion apparently has 823, 543 though processes working towards whatever goal she has, but despite being ridiculous there really isn't any contradiction.

>>46176712

I kind of forgot about this part. I think I kind of overlooked it do to the whole ridiculous amount of thought processes part.

Although considering the focus of Atlas Academy one 'goal' is probably a rather broad category.

If not there are probably some other perks that can boost it. Although the only other multitasking perk I can think of besides Queen Administrator is Multiprocessing from Sonic the Hedgehog, which looks nowhere near as bullshit as the other two.
>>
I'm not aware at how the setting works but in Tsukihime can you get reality marble without buying it or is it something you can only buy?
>>
>>46176877
Or I just understand that this perk isn't some limitless power granter, that it has limits and that I understand what those limits are instead of trying to break them like you do. Why not find some other method of getting what you want instead of one that everyone else that has responded so far has told you won't work? Isn't that a hint that you might just, maybe, be wrong about this? You can claim it's you being creative all you want but it doesn't matter when all your creativity is based on not following the rules of the perk.
>>
>>46176712
>>46176882
I think the perk version might not have the restriction on focus. It says "two parts would allow you to focus on four sets of problems at the same time" etc.
>>
>>46176957
I think it's a lot more likely whoever wrote it just got it wrong, not unlikely with it being Nasu's type moon series, then that they gave it a boost in power on that level. Seriously, removing the focus limit multiplies its power a million times over.
>>
>>46176968
>>46176957
Wouldn't be the first time. The Tsukihime jump also says that Dead Apostles grow in power over time, but forgets to mention that's because of training and self experimentation, not naturally growing. I'd side with what's canon for the power myself.
>>
>>46176913
I know I'm right because you can't think of any possible equivalency. It's not "these two aren't similar enough, maybe this would work," it's "nothing can possibly be similar." It's a failure of imagination and a hostility towards those who have imagination, rather than just pointing out the rules.

Besides, if your interpretation is true, then I'm technically limiting myself rather than making myself stronger. If that's the case, where the hell is the "you just want to give yourself everything" coming from? Shouldn't it be my prerogative if I want to arbitrarily limit myself?
>>
>>46176968
Could be. I'd like to go with just what the jump says, but it'd be safer to go with canon's interpretation unless it drew attention to not having that limit (like some perks based on powers with inherent downsides). Oh well.

I do wonder if there is a perk or set of perks out there that I could use to get around that limit. It would perfectly fit what I'm after.

Anyone have any other ideas for how to multitask to a huge degree?
>>
>>46177007
Or it just means that this perk that has limitations cannot do one particular thing out of countless others. Just because no one gives you an answer doesn't mean your one is right, it just means there is no answer. The perk cannot accomplish this task. Get over it and yourself.

I've noted several times that your suggestions make things easier or harder. Not just harder. And if you do simply want to arbitrarily limit yourself, I don't see why you feel the need to use Real Eater for such a purpose instead of just saying it happens and leaving it at that.
>>
>>46176866

You're welcome

>>46176902

Technically a reality marble is just a spell that applies the 'shape' of the 'world' of your mind/soul over an area. Technically everyone has a 'mental world' that this spell can manifest.

So in theory it should be learnable, but the amount of people(unless you count planets as people in which case every damn planet has one) that actually figured out how to manifest a reality marble is ridiculously low.

For reference Medea a bullshit hax mage using an even more powerful system that basically stopped working doesn't know how to manifest hers, and instead can only make something similar to one.

>>46176957
>>46176968
>>46176998
>>46177035

I'm not sure how accurate the wiki is, but it basically alternates between 'thought processes' and problems.

Although I just remembered something that might contradict the one focus only thing. Sion apparently used up two partitions for the data of a dead friend of hers, but her abilities decreased.

Which seems to imply that either it's possible to focus on multiple things and just better not to, or that Sion is even more bullshit.

Considering how bullshit Sion is that's kind of really tricky. Although if you have a way to cure vampirism and she has some kind of even more ridiculous custom variant you might be able to make a deal with her.
>>
>>46177091
Maybe if you have other forms of multitasking it could let you focus the partitions differently? Maybe that is what this Sion character does, they might have been able to multitask before getting into the whole thought partitioning thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (403 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
403 KB, 810x1080
Made few changes to my marvel builds.

MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE (7)
--LOCATION--
New York City, New York
--IDENTITY--
Operative (900cp)
Male, 27yo
--ABILITIES--
•Soundtrack Of The Galaxy
•They Call Me "Star Lord"
•Vehicle Manslaughter
•Way Of The Widow (700cp)
•A Funny Thing Happened (400cp)
•Data Disassembly (200cp)
•Super Soldier (0cp)
•Enhanced Senses (-200cp)
--EQUIPMENT--
•Tactical Suit
•Collapsible Bow
•Helmet Of The Stars (-300cp)
•Thunderstick
•Vibranium Samples (-500cp)
•Quinjet (-700cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•You Owe Rocket (-500cp)
•Horrible Costume (-400cp)
•Catch Phrase (Boo Yah!) (-300cp)
•Corpse Of A Hero (0cp)

MARVEL (14)
--ERA--
NOW - 2014
--LOCATION--
NYC
--IDENTITY--
Student (900cp)
Male, 24yo
--POWERS--
•Brains
•Iron Will (Brains + Helm of Xorn) (500cp)
•Subconcious Mathmatics (-150cp)
- Danger Sense (Precognition)
- Stock Market Sense (Loads Of Money + Precog)
--SKILLS--
•Swinger (-250cp)
--ITEMS--
•Webshooters
•Loads Of Money (-300cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•4th Wall Avoidant & Reliant (0cp)

MCU I took out the Retro Engineering, added Enhanced Senses, Vibranium Samples, and Quinjet. Probably going to incorporate the Vibranium into a suit. Like Black Panther's cowl, that way it masks my footsteps, also gives me immunity small arms fire. Not to mention probably gonna have claws.

For my marvel build. Kinda gutted the entire thing. Took out the bodyslider & blaster. Instead opted for immunity to mental attacks, danger sense, and stock market sense.

Keeping with my build of low powers, I just fluffed the Enhanced Senses as part the Super Soldier-knock off they injected me with.

For Marvel, I fluffed the danger sense and stock market senses as "Subconcious math" basically savantism. Subconcious is crunching numbers and it comes to the conciousness as "intuition". So I have a feeling something isn't right. I have a feeling that I should invest in X company and should sell Y stock now..etc.
>>
>>46177168

I'm not sure. Technically it's possible, but Sion is part of the organization that uses this stuff and has been basically her whole life. Then again her family does have some stuff they didn't share with the rest (like the etherlite for example. Not sure how that works with the fact that you can get that in the jump). So it's possible they might have a better variant, and the most ridiculous ones seem to be related to her family.

So like I said it's kind of really hard to tell if it's just Sion is really good at this or, the Eltnam family is ridiculous. Especially since the later is also true.
>>
>>46176563
You also have human computer from NGNL.
IIRC, one canon example was Shiro using her mental processing capabilities to compute chess. As in the ENTIRE tree of possible chess positions. And the ability to rapidly look through them to win a game.
>>
>>46172542
Possibly. Exact wording of drawback can't be overridden though so if it says you have mental problems for the whole jump you will regardless.
>>
>>46177042
Out of curiosity are some actual uses for Real Eater? I always hear people going for it, but if it's that limited it doesn't seem worth 1000 CP.
>>
So, I was doing research on Earth's Mightiest Heroes and it turns out that its earth, Earth-8096, also shares a continuity with the Wolverine and the X-Men animated series, the two Hulk V.S. movies, an animated Thor movie (Tales of Asgard) and possibly the animated Planet Hulk movie. This presents a dilemma, as I'm unsure whether or not I should include options relating to those things, and what the best way to do so would be if I do decide to do that.
>>
>>46177920
It's mostly for slight tuning of perks than anything given the restrictions. While you can't change the source (magic to ki or to mundane, etc.) you can alter other effects. Such as cojoined conjures, changing it from bestowing an item with magic based abilities to bestow a person. Unless you have a specific use in mind, it's not really worth the cost.
>>
>>46177920
It's mostly for turning powers into other, similar powers. Continuing down the Worm examples you might make Queen Admin into controlling non-sapient mammals in a similar radius, or just doing bug senses over a much larger one. It allows decent ability to tune and play around with your abilities, just not change one particularly hazy condition to another that's really hard to compare. For some of the sillier stuff you can do with it I believe someone proposed changing Final Form into a power that lets you temporarily assume no forms. As in nonexistent physically. Admittedly that's an edge case too, but seemed to be decently in theme.
>>
>>46178059
Believe you mean Ensoul. Conjoined Conjures you could probably turn into separating out various aspects of a magic system. Allowing you to effectively safety lock stuff you teach to others by ensuring it can't do certain effects.
>>
>>46178133
>For some of the sillier stuff you can do with it I believe someone proposed changing Final Form into a power that lets you temporarily assume no forms. As in nonexistent physically.

I would be extremely leery of testing that out.
>>
>>46178044
EMH includes Hulk & Thor. I would love to have Wolverine & Xmen mentioned, but let's face it. Sniktbub & Xmen was only one season, and it had a lot of time spent in Days Of Future Past type of timeline. So they're kinda irrelevant really.
>>
>>46178133
>For some of the sillier stuff you can do with it I believe someone proposed changing Final Form into a power that lets you temporarily assume no forms. As in nonexistent physically.

Huh, interesting. Speaking of, I know of Civilization's Spirit of the Nation thing, but are there any other jumps where you can become a disembodied presence like that?
>>
>>46178044
>Tales of Asgard
Is that the one where Thor and Loki were kids?
>>
>>46178232
Maybe try Ineffable in NGE. Might be a bit of a stretch but Angels can get weird and Ineffable lets you do your own personal weirdness. Closest would probably be Leliel, which was a 3d shadow of a 2d surface with the surface leading into a pocket dimension full of nothing. Project Freelancer also gets you an AI form.
>>
>>46178172
Or maybe split certain parts of Magic systems off and shoving them in another system? Say, removing the psychological damage from Dresden Laws and putting in a magic system you don't care about, or splitting silent casting from one system and shoving it in a another? Or you could change it to combining Ki abilities instead of magical ones.
>>
>>46178189
Yeah, including the movies makes sense, since there's only so much they can cram into a few hours; plus there's bound to be overlap due to using the same characters. I think including a couple powers and maybe a mutant "race" would be alright as far as Wolverine and the X-Men is concerned.

>>46178265
Apparently so; I've never watched it myself, but I'll track it down and see if there's anything good.
>>
>>46178232
Alpha Centauri has one origin that lets you become part of the consciousness of the planet.
I also has some really good psychic perks.
>>
>>46178368
I remember it being distinctly meh. Plus it was millenia ago. I wouldn't bother, if I were you.

If you want to, though, I think it's on Netflix.
>>
Anyone have a list of all the magic resistance perks? I can't afford the Dresden or Negima ones, so I need to stack lesser resistance perks.
>>
>>46178341
Maybe some of the just flat out removing a piece or two of the magic system. Splicing is a bit close to the original perk so it's hard to analyze. Ki is a no due to the power source ruling. Also there might be issues with the perk no longer making previous magic systems possible if you rechew it to something different.
>>
>>46178501
No, I didn't mean changing a power to run on a different source, I meant changing CC itself to affect Ki abilities instead of magical ones.
>>
>>46178133
Wouldn't that make it more useful, given that animals are generally stronger than bugs?
>>
So, I'm making a build for the new Animal Crossing jump, and rolled free Import for my fruit...

Anyone know of any good non-immortality-granting magic fruits?

I wonder if One Piece Devil Fruit would work...?
>>
>>46178288
Maybe, yeah... Propably can't go full bodiless, but I might be able to get something.

>>46178403
...Can you actually do that in other jumps through? Since it's not like planets are innately psychic hiveminds in other places...
>>
>>46178460
> I can't afford the Dresden or Negima ones, so I need to stack lesser resistance perks.

What in those jumps could be better than those two perks?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.