[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silly One-Shot Campaign Ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: The Good Colonel.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The Good Colonel.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
Does anyone have some great silly one-shot campaign ideas that they want to try out, or are looking for players interested in trying them out? I've got a couple of ones that might be interesting to try out with a party or need a bit of fleshing out if /tg/ has any ideas.

"Barnstormers of the Navy Field": A military commander turned plantation owner has come into the ownership of an old wizard's spellbook focusing on lifeshaping, and has begun "tweaking" the local fauna and flora of his agrarian community to maximize output of food. The townspeople are starting to worry, since his experiments haven't stopped, and the old military leader has been rumored to murmur aloud about wanting the southern kingdoms to rise again. The party are tasked with seeing just what foul witchery is afoot on the Plantation of Commodore Sain'Darr, and just what on earth he could need with all of the townfolk's chickens.
>>
File: necrodancer poster.png (1 MB, 700x1161) Image search: [Google]
necrodancer poster.png
1 MB, 700x1161
>>46165582
>>
The party is a group of average teenage summer camp counselors.
An ax murderer is on the loose.
>>
File: Arthur_Dent_Livid.jpg (38 KB, 391x480) Image search: [Google]
Arthur_Dent_Livid.jpg
38 KB, 391x480
I've always wanted to run a Hitchhikers game for a few sessions. The old radio series/tv series, not the film. Doesn't require a lot of prep for it either, just a basic outline etc and a good ability to think on the fly.

Closest I got was playing with a master GM who is part of my RPG community. He's an old guy but he ran Paranoia perfectly, it felt very BBC Sci-Fi.
>>
>>46167685
I ran a game kind of like that where we ran DCC with every player getting a block of 20 1-hit wonder serfs. There's a pissed off revenant wandering around their village who's venting his fury on the villagers because he can't get in the castle.
>>
File: Outback.jpg (914 KB, 1200x1033) Image search: [Google]
Outback.jpg
914 KB, 1200x1033
I'm shamelessly (and no doubt artlessly) stealing this from another Anon on /tg/ some time back, but I loved the idea so much that I've kept it. I plan to run it at some point. The pitch went something like this:

>"You look down at the appetizer and realize that your bloomin' onion is made of fingers. No one else seems to notice."

And that kicks off an Unknown Armies one-shot in which the players unexpectedly become initiated into the occult underground by way of shutting down Outback's designs to complete a terrible ritual involving no small amount of human sacrifice. This takes place in Phoenix, Arizona, in the midst of five curiously-positioned Steakhouses (they're really there if you Google maps it).

Pic related.
>>
File: grotto.jpg (184 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
grotto.jpg
184 KB, 500x333
What happens in the grotto stays in the grotto... your party learns the dark secret behind (and underneath) the Hef's infamous pool.
>>
>>46165582
>One-Shot Campaign
Learn the damn lingo already or lurk the fuck moar!
>>
>>46172878
I could do that, or I could talk to people and learn about cool things I want to learn about instead of worrying about jargon.
>>
An ancient evil has awoken.
>>
>>46167565
How would run a tabletop session like that? Do you just have a metronome ticking away and force everyone to rap their actions?
>>
>>46165582
Ninjas have kidnapped the fiancee of one of the characters right after she accepted his proposal.
He gathered a small group of his friends to get her back.
Are you and your pals bad enough to get into the clan's stronghold and kick ninja ass?
She's secretly a ninja herself, and must marry another ninja as per tradition. However, being a bad enough motherfucker to get to her will earn the blessing of the clan.
>>
File: 1383624225624.gif (197 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1383624225624.gif
197 KB, 500x500
>>46172878
>>
>>46171335
Shit and here I thought nothing occult happens in my hometown.

Personally I wanted to see about doing a Starship Troopers style one shot but seeing about having it snowball into a campaign.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.