[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force of WIll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 23
File: Izanami, the Sealed Terror.jpg (172 KB, 554x860) Image search: [Google]
Izanami, the Sealed Terror.jpg
172 KB, 554x860
Any of you guys play Force of Will?
>>
Yep
>>
>>46156827
Yup. I run a Dark Alice Shadow deck. It's only suffered one defeat: Fucking Fairy Tales under Grimm.
>>
>>46156827
All 3 of us
>>
>>46156827
add me in. how you guys enjoying the new set?
>>
>>46157281
Sadly it was SUPER popular up at my shop around Seven Lords and Twilight Wanderer, but interest fell off. So the owner only ordered one box of Moonlight Savior... which the rich guy who collects FoW bought up immediately. So I've yet to crack into any of it.
>>
>>46157313
damn something similar happend to one of the shops near me. luckily i live in a big city so there are multiple card shops
>>
>>46157334
I wouldn't mind if he wasn't so fuckin' smug about it, though. It was for sale up at the local con when it happened, and I wasn't able to make it due to agoraphobia. SO he bought it up before anyone else had the chance to even look at it. When I mentioned 'man, if I didn't have agoraphobia, I'd have gotten atleast a few packs', he said 'pfft, no I had it bought before it even came in'. This is despite the fact the shop owner said that it was up for sale and that if I could make it he'd try and save a couple of packs for me. Smug lying ass.
>>
>>46157374
that sucks man
>>
>>46157410
I admit to being salty, but I think it's justified.
>>
>>46157440
what are you running now?
>>
>>46157501
I'm the guy with the Dark Alice Shadow deck above. It's great, especially when I go up against one of those Rezzard decks that play out of the grave. Dark Faria and Undead Arthur are probably my favorite two cards in there.
>>
>>46157544
cool i got a dark alice deck its black red just for flames. other than that i play loras and carmillas for card advantage.
>>
Any of the starter stuff good? Don't have any stores with singles easily available.
>>
>>46157589
I have a handful of decks. Sylvia burn, Machina army, etc. My two competitive decks are the aforementioned Dark Alice and a Faria life-gain based Angel deck.

>>46157620
The Faria/Melgis starter two pack is actually fantastic. Vingolf Knights is really good too, if nothing else for staple stuff and for the dual stones.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451193186036.jpg (8 KB, 221x215) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451193186036.jpg
8 KB, 221x215
>mfw almost have a playset of everything in the new set including gorgeous full arts of tree and Primo
>too lazy to make a new deck and still running old shifty elf deck with R/R

Please motivate me before the convention this weekend. Going to MTAC and there's going to be players there
>>
>>46157773
Do it for those of us who couldn't get their hands on the new Moonlight Savior stuff. We require a champion.
>>
Anyone built the new Kaguya deck? Does it run well? I wanna get into the game but I can't decide on running Kaguya or Sylvia.
>>
I want to fuck Piruruk.
>>
I run an Alisaris deck atm
>>
Does anyone know where I can buy singles for FoW asides places like ebay?
>>
>>46160486
Coretcg
>>
>>46157281
I'm going to make a white / black dark souls themed deck.
>>
>>46160609
Thanks for that, but it doesn't seem like any of the ones I want are in stock.
>>
I do. I have an alisaris midrange deck and just built Valentina 2.0. I really want to build tree or shion control but I don't have the regalia for either or Alice for tree. Also, slamming bootycat and adombroli into everything is one of the best things ever.
>>
How is the new set that just came out?
>>
>>46160950
I very much like the new instant/exile play they have going now with red. Trying to construct a decent deck to play around with friends.
>>
>>46156827
I do. I'm excited to see the meta evolve into something playable now that we're finally out from under the dead weight that bahamut brought to the table.

Also now that /tg/ doesn't collectively try and oust the fans for being shills, we can actually have threads.
>>
My LGS (Britain) has recently gotten much more into this game. Twilight Wanderer was the first set to come out over here, so as you can imagine there's proxies in a lot of decks that the LGS owner is allowing because frankly you can't physically get hold of cards. I need 3 copies of Ratatoskr, but there are none for sale in the country. Like seriously, find me one for sale in Britain. I bought the only one 2 days ago. Game's really fun though. The decision trees and strings of abilities you have to pull off make it feel like the skill ceiling is way higher than I gave it credit for. At the moment I'm using/refining:

>Reflect/Gill Rabus Beasts
Beast tribal with Reflect there to make my hands more consistent. I've come to realise that Change the World shouldn't be in the deck because it drops my threat density right down and generally ends up doing nothing most games. Instead I'm going to run copies of Portal of Truth because I can just pump your dude with Reflect then kill it. Some beasts are sweet as fuck though. Ratatoskr, Kajuta, Pricia (TTW), Behemoth does insane work too. Pricia's Call to Action turns them into monsters out of nowhere. Ziz seemed great at first but it does little most of the time.

>Rezzard Grind
Mono B stuff splashing blue for Space-Time Anomaly because that card actually is incredible. It kills dudes, it kills rulers, it cycles TWICE, and is an instant. Then it's just grindy two for ones like Dark Faria, Izunami, Call of the Primogenitor, the Executioner, Persephone, Lucifer because Persephone can return him and still get his trigger. Black Jeanne is super spicy in the deck, as is Pitch Black Moon. Cards that work out of the yard like Izunami, Space-TIme Anomaly, Dark Arthur and Deathscythe work well with Rezzard's activated ability.
>>
>>46160950
It really helped spice things up, I think.
>>
>>46160950
The new set is amazing, but sadly none of the rulers can compete with r/r at a competitive level yet. The new Pricia is by far the best card in the set with Wall of Wind being the second best.
>>
What's the best way to get familiar with the game, just playing matches with other people and such?
>>
>>46159510
>Wixoss will never get a ENG release
why must you remind me 1 other guy who also wants to fuck Piruruk
>>
>>46156827
If that's representative of the kind of card art in the game then fuck yes.
>>
Got second at my LGS with a stupid deck filled with 4x of each card that cantrips for free, Humpty Dumpty and Yamata. Can't believe that shit worked.

Currently brewing Six Sages Kaguya and Avatar tribal Yggdrasil.
>>
Nope. Seems like something I would be embarrassed to tell anyone I know that I play if that card art is anything to go by.
>>
>>46167128
Yes.

Just don'the make a Shion deck or you'll always try to look at the top card in every game.
>>
>>46156827
just got into it, my first Ruler I found was Dark Alice so I built my first ctcg deck around shadow and will be trying it out this week I hope.
>>
>>46168547
From outside looking in, it doesnt matter if your playing with dragons or anime chicks, your still a loser playing a nerd game on a friday or saturday night with teenagers and older neckbearded men.

dont act like one is any better, the average person doesnt see a difference between /mlp/ and 40k
>>
>>46165076
>r/r
What is that exactly?
>>
File: 34=-075.jpg (65 KB, 373x500) Image search: [Google]
34=-075.jpg
65 KB, 373x500
>>46168547

Don't worry, I have mine hidden carefully with card sleeves.
>>
>>46170880
Reflect Refrain.
>>
>>46171345
What does that do?
>>
>>46171385
http://force-of-will-tcg.wikia.com/wiki/Refrain,_Child_of_Convergence
>>
File: 1458286128299.jpg (27 KB, 317x628) Image search: [Google]
1458286128299.jpg
27 KB, 317x628
>Make a thread and hope
>go to work
>come back
>43 replies
That's 43 more than I expected, holy shit

Do you guys use untap.in?
>>
File: 324.jpg (47 KB, 327x500) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
47 KB, 327x500
So what do you do with these older starter decks, are they mostly trash now?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (336 KB, 1486x1048) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
336 KB, 1486x1048
> Full art Primogenitor and Shion
>Roomate pulls this and initially gets upset theres no Observer.
>MFW We check the price

We're not unbelievably interested in keeping it cause the art just isn't all that impressive to us and Kaguya is neither of our waifu but we hope to flip it for a good price.
>>
>>46172471
Is that an online program? I use Lackey to playtest with myself.
>>
File: 1455175503022.jpg (11 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1455175503022.jpg
11 KB, 350x262
>>46156827
Everyone at my FLGS just started playing it. Fucking EVERYONE has been playing this weeb shit here. It's actually outselling MtG.

What's so great about this game that everyone needs to fucking play it? Outside of being able to build a Deck of Many Waifus?
>>
>>46174478
Untap.in lets you make decks and play against other people
>>
>>46175539
It's pretty fun and easy to understand.

The cards are very shiny and the company does some interesting things (like putting cosplayers on their cards).

The most apt way I've seen it described is like Yugioh and Magic mixed together but without Yugioh's weird convoluted stuff
>>
>>46175539
>Outside of being able to build a Deck of Many Waifus?
You answered your own question.
>>
>>46165076
>none of the rulers can compete with r/r at a competitive level yet
I think R/R is just coasting along on inertia since he's still "good enough" and everyone has decks for them built already, but I feel like Kaguya will end up just being better, and Primogenitor exists to fuck R/R in every hole they have.
>>
>>46172506
Anyone know?
>>
>>46172506
>>46176600
I think those are from the Valhalla era, in which case they're basically defunct. Aside from not being legal in the "standard" format, a lot of Valhalla cards use the Lifebreak rule that no longer exists outside of the Valhalla-specific format that I've never seen anyone play.
>>
>>46176561
R/R may have a numbers advantage in tourney results because it can pilot multiple distinct decks, while most other Rulers end up boiling down to ONE deck with only slight variations that they run competitively.
>>
>>46176637
Could I use some of them from that deck in a current deck that don't feature the "Break" mechanic?
>>
>>46177072
No, they aren't legal in the FoW equivalent of the Standard format, and basically nobody plays anything else because Valhalla cards are derpy.
>>
>>46177102
So basically any of the cards from that cluster are basically pointless to own?
>>
>>46172630
>using cosplayer pic
cringey as fuck.
>>
>>46177487
The posters they were giving away from the launch event has her on it, and my god it's terrifying. At least it's reversible.
>>
File: 20160305_185545.jpg (6 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160305_185545.jpg
6 MB, 5312x2988
>>46177238
They would only be legal in events that use cards not in Standard.
And even then, it splits off again where Valhalla cards would be allowed with the Life Break mechanic being used or not being used.
Life Break gives Valhalla-centric players an advantage and players not using Valhalla cards get fuck-all for it.

But the catch is it depends on where you live.
Here in Burgerland, the -only- cards we would be allowed to use from Valhalla are from the five preconstructed decks and any promos we have received.
And even then, 99% of those cards are not worth using in a deck.

Unless you live in a weird area, don't ever expect to see anyone use Valhalla cards in their deck unless they are new and unaware of their legality.

For the record, all Valhalla cards have been printed in Japanese, Italian, and English. But the only way to get the English ones are by hoping you can find some in Italy and importing them.

The cards are pretty so if you see some in the wild for trade/sale, consider scooping them up if you like looking at pretty cards in your binder; just don't expect to do anything with them unless you're goofing off with friends and want to try Valhalla cards out.

Pic completely unrelated, God Pack I pulled during prerelease.
>>
>>46177975
No I mean can I use them in a deck and not use that shirty mechanic? I just want to add some of them to my other light deck.
>>
>>46178646
In casual play, if your opponent is cool with it, yes.
In any constructed event, unless explicitly stated, no.
>>
Any resources for a new player? FoW has been exploding in a few shops around me, and I'm kind of interested. Are there competitive-ish starter packs, or any other good products to use as a starting point?
>>
>2nd TMS prerelease
>pull two Marybell
>pull two magic screw
>pull Alice
>pull super rancor (forgot the name)
>pull two counterspells
>treemachine.dek
>go undefeated
>last round
>opponent playing tree as well
>kicks my ass first game
>now I know what must be done
>patiently wait until I have my stones on the board
>keep mana open to counter the major threats
>stealth fapping under the table because holy shit
>cast Marybell
>give it two screws
>about to cum
>allow myself to go down to 0 health
>remove opponent's lube from desperate hands because no mercy
>free Alice
>give her super rancor
>OTK opponent
>ejaculate ruptures from under the table, covering my foe's board and face in unholy seed
>They concede and tell me I can have the other win since they didn't want to deal with that again
>They didn't want to branch out and try a different strategy
>They leaf it alone and take root in their defeat
>no bark about it, wood not play me again
>Looks like Treemachine
>got to nut
>>
>>46179085
So even though the ruler/jruler doesn't use the break mechanic, just because it's from a defunct cluster I can't use it no matter what, correct? I've been needing clarification about this for awhile now.
>>
>>46180641
You are correct.
You can only use Valhalla Rulers for casual play or if you find anyone who wants to organize an event where Valhalla cards are allowed.
It's just like any other tcg with a rotation system.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160322-132711.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160322-132711.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>46156827
Currently own every card in the game(barring Valhalla stuff) I just wish there was more then like four other people to play with. I'm hopping me constantly buying packs of it and hyping it up will attract some of the MTG players or yugioh guys.

This is like my second favorite game mostly because it's like mtgs commander, except you get to play four of each card.

Also
>reach pic related
>still not even a hint at any of the promos I will get for this shit
>starting to worry the promos are going to be complete trash
>>
>>46180709
Well, is it a rotation, or is it just that the break mechanic and the other stuff from that cluster was just kind of shitty?
>>
SOmeone know if this game will be released in Poland ? Those graphics looks amazing, and i want something different than Magic.
>>
>>46181791
>Poland
Never.
>>
File: What_72ca9e_5845709.jpg (69 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
What_72ca9e_5845709.jpg
69 KB, 600x800
>>46181872
Why do you think so ?
>>
>>46181997
>Why do you think so ?
>Poland
That's why.
>>
>>46181017
Do you know what the hell will power points do?
>>
File: phyrexian_plaguelord_art.jpg (54 KB, 640x513) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian_plaguelord_art.jpg
54 KB, 640x513
>Bunch of people play FOW at my local card shop
>every single one of them are autists who never shower and only like it because of cute girls

I'll stick to MTG
>>
>>46181017
Theres a good chance they are gonna be Fairy Tales with the current trend in promos
>>
>>46184280
I know what you mean, there was a guy I played against that wore socks with sandals. What the fuck was that about?
>>
>>46185163
Germans are allowed to play MTG too, you know.
>>
>>46185620
No, they actually aren't. They find it to be haram anyways.
>>
So the Rezzard list I'm working on actually has serious game against aggro decks. I haven't tried against Bahamut yet, but in practice today I was beating a Sylvia player and could likely improve my decision making. Rezzard has hella decisions. MVPs are Prowler of Niflheim and Space-Time Anomaly.
>>
I was doing some Netdecking cause I know nothing about this game and I was wondering if this deck would be something worth buying? I want to use Kaguya as my Ruler.

Ruler: Kaguya, the Moonlit Savior

4 Interdimensional Vessel, Apollo

4 Wall of Wind
4 Seal of Wind and Light
3 Luminescent Bamboo Bullet
2 Sign to the Future

3 Wind-Secluded Refuge
2 Holy Moon of Pure Nights

4 Moonbreeze Elf
4 Wolf in the Moonlight
4 Crescent Moon Magician
4 Tsukuyomi Noble
2 Angel of Wisdom, Cherudin

4 Moonbreeze’s Memoria
3 Magic Stone of Moon Shade
3 Magic Stone of Moon Light
>>
>>46186805
A deck like that actually top 8'down recently. Get the bird to recover your wolf and just smash their boardstate up.
>>
>>46186805
I don't know if I like SukiSuki Noble mainboard. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not.
>>
>>46156827
Is this card supposed to give me a boner? Because that's what it's doing.
>>
So after those Valhalla decks, did they ever try and remake some of those cards at all?
>>
>>46187085
She shuts down two different strategies and passes the Thunder test. She is definitely at least 2 main board if your meta has any of those things.
>>
>>46186961
Thats good news to hear. I can get this deck without a sideboard for about $50-60. Seem pretty reasonable to me since I play MTG and I've spent $300-400 plus on several decks before.
>>46187085
What would you recommend to replace it?
>>
>>46187183
That deck should be much cheaper, have you checked tcgplayer?
>>
>>46187257
I did like two weeks ago looking at this list. It was like $53. Haven't look since. I was waiting to talking about it before I buy cause nobody around my area plays it on a regular basis.
>>
so this is waifus: the card game?
>>
I would if I could find folks to play with. The new set is a mystery to me because the one collector showed up and bought the store's one box. I still have a little red deck based around suddenly doing 40 damage with apples and her inherent doubling.
>>
>>46187335
The most competitive decks use a little boy as their ruler and either a dragon or various Lovecraftian horrors for the bulk of their board.

So yes.
>>
>>46187420
Just get one online, LGS are jews about this game and mine was selling a box for $123.
>>
>>46187462
The smaller the shop, the higher probability of markup.
FoW is no exception.
This goes for most things if they aren't MtG.
Luckily my flgs sells boxes for $105 after tax.
>>
Anyone know the Minamoto-no-Yoshitsune Decklist that got top 8 recently?
>>
>>46172506

Would anyone/Local Shop even buy those cards anymore? They're pretty much worthless, right?
>>
>>46189603
Pretty much.
>>
>>46167752
Oh, you're not. Tawil is just first on the fuck list for me.

So I've never played Force of Will? Is it Magic, like I've heard?
>>
>>46191879
it's pretty much baby's first magic clone. Still fun though
>>
>>46191879
It's got all the not-shit parts of Magic, yes.
>>
File: 1458452419674.jpg (134 KB, 639x720) Image search: [Google]
1458452419674.jpg
134 KB, 639x720
>>46184280
Wow that sux, I'm happy my locals attract less human filth.

>>46191879
It's Magic-like. If you were decent or proficient at Magic getting into FoW should be more than easy.
>>
>>46156827
>Force of Will
As in, I dare you not to fap to this art?
>>
>>46192316
Not that guy, but what's different about it?

"{2}{B}{B}{B}, Exile a card in your graveyard: Destroy Creature" and "{B}{W}, Exile a card in your graveyard: Target opponent discards a card" seems like something that would fit on a magic card.
>>
does anyone have a good resource to look up competitive deck builds? I just need a jumping off point.
>>
Whats a good deck build for Dark Alice as a ruler? I just started because a friend wants me to play with him and she looks pretty cute because I have a thing for insane chicks. Money isnt really an issue because this looks super cheap compared to other games.
>>
>>46191879
Magic Commander + Hearthstone
>>
>>46193182
It shares many card types and the stack, however the lands are in a separate deck, they're willing to errata cards and print answers in the next set, you have a ruler which can drastically change how you play, you draw before you untap and combat occurs individually with each creature.
>>
>>46193396
BR removal the deck.

Flames of Outer World, Thunder, Stone to Death, and Space Time Collapse with a couple sacrifice effects like Lucifer and Soul hunt.

Top it off with 3 Schrodingers and a couple Guinevere for card advantage and fill empty slots with discard effects because Dark Alice is good like that.
>>
File: Valencia.png (386 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Valencia.png
386 KB, 480x480
I feel like I'm saying the same thing everyone else is, but I'm stuck trying to find deckbuilding advice and resources as well. I'm trying to brew a Sylvia deck, but I'm not sure if what I'm thinking of can even stand a chance.

Here's what I've got so far

Ruler: Sylvia Gill Palarilias

4x Pricia Pursuant of Exploding flame
4x Kujata, Sacred Ox (Not sure if it's good enough)
2x Athena Titan of Revenge
2x Pricia, Beast Queen in Hiding
2x Ratatoskr, the spirit beast of Yggdrasil
2x Marybell, the Insane Self-aware Machine
2x Elvish Priest

4x Xeex the Ancient Magic
4x Thunder or Demonflame (Can't decide which I need more)
3x Rapid Growth
3x Ame-no-Habakiri
2x Keen Sense
4x Excalibur, the Gods Sword

4x Magic Stone of Blasting Waves
1x Little Red the Pure Stone
1x Milest the Ghostly Flame Stone
4x Fire Magic Stone

Obviously the deck's not done, I don't even have enough cards yet, but I can't figure out what it needs more of.

I have to say, the new set may have just come out, but I'm already hyped for the next one. I'm dying to know what the Pricia who seems to be possessed by Valentina turns out to be.
>>
>>46193888
>and print answers in the next set
How would they even manage that? One of the reasons that Wizards can't toss in new cards into the next set to serve as answers is because the sets are made months in advance.

By Ruler, you mean >>46193434 ? Is it closer to Commander, or the old DBZ game?
>>
>>46194401
Ratatoskr is worthless in that list dude, that's a control card.

The RG aggro shell is really popular right now but you've only got a small chunk of it.

I would definitely drop the Excalibur and change Sylvia but if you insist on running her drop the dual stones for basics and add SHaE.
>>
>>46194517
You can think of it as a commander but the most popular Rulers either fix your mana, have a slew of effects or drop as a huge as fuck beatstick.

As to the former either make a competent R&D that can predict changes or alter cards any amount of time before printing. Wizards finalizes things as early as two years in advance and that is how we get bullshit like Rhino.
>>
>>46194603
That's pretty much how a Commander works, yes.
>>
>>46194654
With the exception of some C13 commanders most don't have effects while still in the command zone.

Look at Blazer, you might never actually cast him in 12 games but he still fixes all of your mana.
>>
File: Blazer_Gill_Rabus.jpg (113 KB, 480x670) Image search: [Google]
Blazer_Gill_Rabus.jpg
113 KB, 480x670
>>46194717
Didn't attach.
>>
I recently bought the cheapest box of this from my FLGS,and managed to make a pretty okay deck out of it (I also picked up packs at random, the deck has a single card from outside of... I forget exactly which set, I think Return of the Moon Princess.)

Ruler is Liberator of the Wind / Scheherazade, Teller of 1001 Tales, it's a Red-Green deck based around cheesing out whatever I need at the time out of Sinbad, card draw, equipment, and Glyph of Unkill. A couple copies of Scheherazade's GGG spell, etc.

What set should I buy into next?
>>
>>46194534
I played with an even crappier version of that in a tournament this past weekend against other aggro decks and Ratatoskr did serious work. Saved my resonators from getting sniped by Lancelot and let me keep counterspells ready and only drop resonators on my opponent's turn. What other one-drops should I be using? Fire sprite? More priests?

I'd be willing to ditch the dual stones, but If I do, I can't afford to flip Sylvia (since I'll be fucked without access to green) so there's no point in playing her.
>>
>>46194740
Stop running aggro creatures if you are going to play a control game.
>>
>>46194737
The newest set, The Moonlit Savior is pretty good, it has Pricia and Athena. Buy a Reflect//Refrain from online and build whatever archetype you want.

I would recommend the dual deck starter as it has a lot of the pieces to WR Knights.
>>
Hey guys two things
A. I picked up the Light vs. Fire duel starter today to get into the game, what cards from it are actually played?
B. Do Cthulu decks see any play competitively? They seem like a lot of fun
Very happy I finally got into the game, its tons of fun <3
>>
>>46194735
Explain this card to me. Also, out of curiosity, what terms do they use? I know they can't use "tap".
>>
>>46195207
every game I've been in we just use "tap"
>>
>>46195207
Rest and recover.
>>
>>46195139
A. Lancelot, Percival, Laevateinn
B. Very
>>
>>46194799
>Counterspells
>Control
Is this an in-joke or something? Control is just about out-valuing your opponent then ramming that value down his throat late game.
>>
File: SKL094.jpg (216 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
SKL094.jpg
216 KB, 640x462
>>46195207
>Explain this card to me.
As long as your opponent doesn't flip their J-Ruler, he just sits around letting all your stones produce red mana.

If you opponent does flip his J-Ruler, you can flip Blazer for free on your turn and blow them the fuck out.

Free all the time mana fixing is great, and he can shut down other Ruler-centric decks pretty hard.

>I know they can't use "tap".
Tap/Untap is "Rest/Recover", Sacrifice is "Banish".
>>
>>46195302
>Obnoxious fag at my LGS bragging to me about how he's running Blazer because he can kill Refrain
I mean, like, no.
>>
This is the most active I've seen a FoW thread in quite awhile.
>>
>>46195277
Ratatoskr doesn'the synergize with new Pricia whatsoever which is the best three drop in the game now and if your Ox is eating a Lancelot that's a lot better than taking it to the face.
>>
>>46170960
Lewd
>>
>>46195488
Lancelot can only hit resonators with his ability. If the ox is eating his preemptive strike, you're still taking it to the face.
>>
>>46195544
I'm talking about on curve.

If Lancelot is pinging turn 2 you have a big problem. Anytime later and the Oxford will likely be a 10/10 and shrug off the damage.
>>
>>46157203
List
>>
Lancelot is the only reason this game is dying. That and the massive failure that was R/R. I like the game, the art, the story, just not the really broken shit that never gets banned. I was following the tournament scene since grim block but its all just Abdul -> Baha -> R/R. I bet its still R/R with TMS out. Same rulers dominate a given meta.
>>
>>46196410
Not the same guy, but I'll post my dark alice shadow deck for reference. It' pretty solid in my experience, but i haven't updated it for TMS.

I would like to try and fit some moon will in for Call of the Primogeniter, but am having trouble finding the best way without cutting shadows and diluting the value of Falmilar and Shadows Memoria

Ruler: Girl in Twilight Garb/Dark Alice

Creatures:
4xD. Alice's Shadow Warrior
4xD. Alice's Familiar
3xJeanne d'Arc, Shadow Pricess of Purity
4xDark Faria
2xShadow Assassin
2xDark Rezzard
2xArthur, the Dead Lord of Vengeance

Removal/Control:
4xScorn of Dark Alice
3xUnseen Pressure
4xCombination of Dark Purge and Stoning to death, depending on how ruler centric your metagame is

2xShrodinger, The Fallen Black Cat

Main deck Hate (adjust depending on your metagame)
3xBarrier of Shadows
2xZero, the Magus of Null
1xMarybell, the Steel Doll

Stone Deck:
4x Darkness Magic Stone
4x Shadows Memoria (lets you get away with running nearly half your removal spells as unseen pressure)
1x Little Red Stone
1x Grusbalesta

Sideboard:
4x Underground Draggar
2x Deathscythe
2x Cinderella, the Ashen Maiden
2x Recollection of Dystopia
1x Shrodinger
1x Stoning to death
1x Barrier of Shadows
1x Marybell, the steel doll
1x Dark Rezzard

Play control vs aggro, try to j-activate to clear a developed board and warplugs them early if necessary, don't be afraid to sac your shrodingers to make dark alice tiny so she dies and you get access to another board wipe.

Against control j-activate to stop them from stabilizing with stronger blockers(like light arthur) and shove boosted weenies down their throat until they die.
>>
>>46196744
R/R isn't actually as strong, he's just riding on inertia.

Vlad, Dark Alice, Bahamut, Blazer, Minamoto no Yoshitsune, Kaguya and Yggdrasil have all top 8 recently but no one is interested in actually making a deck because it's all teams running R/R.

Check the deck names for ARG Detroit, it's five "I stole this deck from teammate name" followed by "At least it's my deck" Yggdrasil and then the Minamoto deck.
>>
is there any sites that sell commons to rares by themselves for relatively cheap price?
>>
>>46197148
TCGPlayer.
>>
>>46170960
You actually play with those in local spots?
>>
>>46199066
I wouldn't be surprised, anon.

I've seen some guys who have a page or two of lewd orica proxies in their binder
>>
>>46199159
Well, I mean, isn't it kind of bad or something if you can see nipples and other things on the sleeves themselves? Wouldn't some shops frown on that kind of thing?
>>
>>46199183
It depends, I mean my shop owner and their staff don't exactly inspect everyone's cards.

And everyone else just goes "wow what a dork".
It'd only matter if it was extremely lewd and it was on like Pokemon night or something (nothing but kids, shop owner and staff tell us not curse also).
>>
>>46199183
if they do it's time to find a new shop anon
>>
>>46194735
>Uff, you sure are perstering me!
What the fuck am I reading.
Perstering is not a word. It's "pestering". 0/10 would not play for free
>>
>>46196915
The Executioner, Pitch Black Moon, and Call of the Primogenitor are some first class spice material for black decks. Call is incredible.
>>
Here's what I'm running to good success at my blossoming LGS.

>Rezzard Control

>Creatures
1x Jeanne d'Arc, Shadow Princess of Purity
3x Dark Faria, Shadow Princess of Ebony
4x The Executioner
4x Izanami, the Sealed Terror
3x Persephone, the Nether Empress
2x Underground Dragger
3x Fallen Angelic Destroyer, Lucifer
1x Soulless Soldier
4x Prowler of Niflheim
>Non-creatures
1x Pitch Black Moon
3x Call of the Primogenitor
4x Space-Time Anomaly (literally the best card in TMS)
>Regalia
4x Deathscythe, the Life Reaper
2x Artemis, the God's Bow
1x Interdimensional Vessel, Apollo

>Stones
4x Magic Stone of Dark Depth
4x Black Moon's Memoria
2x Darkness Magic Stone (would be Little Red/Grusbalesta if I could get them)

>Sideboard
1x Conqueror of the Black Moon, Gill Lapis
4x Space-Time Collapse
2x Hera, Goddess of Jealousy (should probably come out)
1x Glimpse of Kaguya
1x Schrodinger, the Fallen Black Cat
2x Barrier of Shadows (should probably come out)
4x The Scorn of Dark Alice
>>
>>46199212
>It depends, I mean my shop owner and their staff don't exactly inspect everyone's cards.
Well, they sell someone lewd ones my local place, so I'm not too sure they'd be opposed to it since most of the FoW crowd is generally older/most of the Magic group.
>>
>thread is still up

How?
>>
File: 1411975017290.gif (1 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1411975017290.gif
1 MB, 350x300
What the hell were they thinking when they printed Reflect/Refrain? All I want to do is use a fun ruler but every other ruler is so much worse than the wonder twins it isn't even funny.
>>
This looks a lot like MtG. Is it? Or am I just assuming things?
>>
>>46202925
Its MTG/YGO/CFV/ETC's Gangbang lovechild with Anime art.

In all seriousness your not wrong, the creators looked at all the popular TCG's and cherry picked what they liked in the best of ways.

In magics case they kept color , mana cost, lands(then reworked), turn order and the way damage works off the top of my head so it does play out more like magic than anything else.
>>
>>46200384
Solid faith dude.
>>
What new Ruler is everyone currently brewing? I'm trying to make Yggdrasil avatar tribal work but lack good early interaction.
>>
File: latest.jpg (77 KB, 537x752) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
77 KB, 537x752
Am I the only one who fucking loves this games shit translation? Like the engridh on some of the cards is more fun then half the game sometimes. Pic very much related
>>
>>46205945
It's unfortunate that they've gotten a lot better with the Alice cluster.
>>
>>46205945
>Play this ability only if you put a Cthulhu into a field this turn.
>a Cthulhu

Fookin dropped.
>>
>>46207714
They realized their mistake after awhile but it was too late to change it.
>>
I need a beefy Green deck to make.
>>
it lookks like a fine game but i can't understand it
>>
>>46211113
It pretty much plays like Magic mechanically.
>>
Can someone help me find a list of cards I need for a Knights of the Round Table deck?
>>
4 Perceval, Seeker of the Holy Grail
4 Guinevere, the Jealous Queen
2 Hunter in Black Forest
4 Lancelot, Knight of the Mad Demon
2 Hector De Maris, Acolyte of the Mad demon
4 Snow White, the Valkyrie of Passion
2 Bedivere, the Restorer of Souls
1 Gareth, the Dauntless Knight
4 Demonflame
3 Thunder
3 Artimus the God’s Bow
1 Deathscythe, the Life Reaper
4 Gleipner, the Red Binding Fate

Here's a pre-TTW list that did well with Blazer for a bit. WR knights is a bit outdated though and you would definitely do well to upgrade it to R/R with 4 Change the World.
>>
>>46211739
>>46211394
>>
>>46211739
>you would definitely do well to upgrade it to R/R with 4 Change the World.
I don't know what that means, but I understand. Thanks for the list.
>>
>>46211884
The new best ruler is Reflect // Refrain, whose regalia is Change the World and provides a powerful toolbox for any deck.
>>
>>46212172
So it's work well with that Knights deck you posted then?
>>
>>46212595
It supports a deck that isn't very good now.
>>
File: machina.png (1 MB, 615x845) Image search: [Google]
machina.png
1 MB, 615x845
2-1'd at my LGS the other day, but this deck gets hosed HARD by the new Tsuki Noble, holy shit. I need an easy way to nuke it when it hits the board, but my only setup for that is
>Clockwork Soldier
>Magic Screw
Which just gets fucked to oblivion and back by Kaguya's Premonition.
>>
>>46213225
Smash their fucking face in with aggro.
>>
Ho guys, I just raided a shop from a full Collection of all 3 sets from the alice block (4x of every card For around 120€, they barely knew the game) and I wanted to build a Gill Lapis deck, any suggestion?
>>
What type of green deck should I go for when I'm learning the game, just the Green starter deck and go from there, or is there something better I can pick up instead of that sacred beast deck?
>>
>>46213720
WB Celestial Wing Seraph into Lucifer is the new hotness. Mainboard Barrier of Shadows fucks most competitive decks and Space Time Collapse is some strong removal. That new Lilith is tough on aggro matchups and easily nukes Lancelot.
>>
>>46214214
Four Sacred Beasts got fucking top 8 recently because the meta is so retarded, just build whatever dude.

The newest Pricia is super strong so splashing red for her isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>46214566
>Four Sacred Beasts got fucking top 8 recently because the meta is so retarded,
What happened? So a starter deck got top 8 basically?
>>
Hey I am super new to this game (just got some cards for it for my B-day)

I just want to build a Green/White waifu deck, would 「Christie, the Wind Tracker」be a good ruler for it? I only know the basic mechanics of this game and literally none of the meta. I have extensive MtG casual experience.

I only plan to play casually but I want to maximize the amount of waifu's I can fit into a deck. I currently have some shiny white waifu's and a few nice green cards too.

or would 「Sacred Princess of Guidance」be better and mono-white is the way to go for a waifu deck?

I have no idea what I am doing yet.
>>
>>46214566
>The newest Pricia is super strong so splashing red for her isn't a bad idea.

Is there a new set for that including her that people are using?
>>
>>46215332
The Moonlit Savior has a new Pricia resonator that is bonkers.
>>
>>46156827
FoW looks very interesting to me, should I get into it? I've been playing MtG since I was 14 (I'm 19 now), but the MtG community where I live is kinda lackluster/dying.

On a related note, how would I get people into this game and get my LGS to stock it?
>>
>>46218405
Just bring it up to people.

The game is super cheap with competitive decks being $30 or so.
>>
>>46218405
FoW is really picking up speed at my LGS in the wake of MtG beginning to die off due to being expensive and boring. After being suggested it a few times, the owner got in a bunch of starter decks and a couple boxes of TTW, which all basically flew out. So for the new set he got in 12 boxes, and they literally lasted until 4 hours after arriving. Then he got 6 more in and the same thing happened. Now most nights there's more people playing FoW than MtG, and the FoW league he's setting up has more people than the average FNM, which admittedly was small already, but FoW is just so much more fun. Mono red decks aside, there's just so many decisions to make in a game that the bad players can really be sepaparated from the good players by skill.

Also even with the errata, Izanami is insane because she kills Cuthuga and blocks Lancelot for 2 mana while being a free spell in your yard ;^)
>>
>>46156827
Looks like MTG for hipster weebs
>>
>>46218958
It's MTG for people who enjoy high power levels without going full YGO.
>>
>2016
>Playing the latest FotM jap ccg

Have fun!
>>
>>46219279
Still better than sticking with mtg.
>>
>>46219403
Are you mad because you'll never be the best mtg player you know?
>>
>>46199898
Also here's my other list that just got a lot better.

>R/R Beasts

>Creatures
4x Ratatoskr, the Spirit Beast of Yggdrasil
4x Wolf in the Moonlight
4x Ziz, the Bird that Envelopes the Sky
4x Pricia, Beast Queen in Hiding
4x Kujatam Sacred Ox
2x Scheherazade, the Teller of the Crimson Moon
2x Behemoth, the Earth Eater
>Non-creatures
1x Portal of Truth
2x The Beast Queen's Counterattack
4x Pricia's Call to Action
4x Rapid Growth
4x Wall of Wind
1x Necronomicon

>Stones
4x Magic Stone of Black Silence
4x Sacred Beast's Memoria
2x Wind Magic Stone

>Sideboard
1x Yggdrasil, the World Tree
1x Avatar of the Seven Lands, Alice
1x Blade of the Seven Lands, Excalibur X
1x Whisper from the Abyss
2x Child of the Forest
1x Barrier of Shadows
4x Change the World, Orb of Illusion
2x The Beast Queen's Counterattack
1x Portal of Truth
1x Wind Secluded Refuge

The big thing here was reading Dan Musser talk about his top 10 from this set, and putting Wall of Wind at #1. The ability to knock fast decks off their curve so hard for one mana combined with Ratatoskr being able to quickcast resonators means I have even more options. Then I remembered the copies of Ziz that I took out of my deck at first. See, ideally you want to go T2 Kujata, T3 Pricia to evolve it, eat something, swing big, but then you're tapping out which lets them play TMS Pricia, eat your Pricia, and be fine. But Ziz lets you keep developing your board while still holding up mana to counter Pricia. Then next turn you play TTW Pricia, evolve both Ziz and Kujata, eat something, and swing big anyway. I'm very quickly gaining respect for Wall of Wind.

The article I read only put Space-Time Anomaly at #4 in the set. He didn't mention that it could target J-rulers, so I don't think he knows. Otherwise it'd be #1. After playing it in UB it's just outright dumb. Kills Melgis in one shot, kills all other mono R rulers in two.
>>
>>46219510
At this point, being the best MtG player in your area requires little more than the dedication to stick with an expensive dying game.
>>
>>46219547
thought so
>waaah mommy why won't they let me win?

better keep your new weeb mtg knockoff a secret bro
>>
>>46219653
Joke's on you, FoW is more popular than MtG at my LGS at the moment, despite MtG basically being the reason my LGS sprang up. Go ahead, pay $350 for your playset of Jaces on TCGplayer, I'll just be over here supporting my LGS by buying two boxes of FoW and being able to build two solid decks out of it and a few trades. With the money I'm saving I can also afford to get into Warmachine more, so I'm ordering some models through my LGS when they next put an order through.
>>
>>46219675
>Joke's on you

No m8

It really isn't
>>
>>46219750
>Paying $800 for a standard deck that'll be worthless in a few days and consists of "hurr I'll pay 4 for a rhino hurr I'll remove your rhino" mind numbing plays where the player is irrelevant and topdecks are all that matters
>Meanwhile I can pay $100 for a competitive FoW deck that doesn't treat me like an idiot. R/R is literally a tree full of matchup related decisions
>>
File: meme frog.png (136 KB, 1018x782) Image search: [Google]
meme frog.png
136 KB, 1018x782
>>46219849
>paying $100 for a deck in a meme weeb card game that nobody plays and will be dead in 2 years

I bet the goober who owns the LGS loves you
>>
>>46219940
I'd rather pay $100 to play for 2 years than pay $800 to play for 6 months. The owner joins us in playing ;^)
>>
Is R/R seriously going to be the top going in the majority of tournaments until it rotates in a year?
>>
>>46220023
Errata it again with yet another apology. Change the first ability so the card goes on top instead of on the bottom. Drawing you through your library is the whole reason the card is dumb in the first place.
>>
>>46220023
Probably.

It's not necessarily that it's outright more powerful than other top-tier Rulers, it's that at any given time it can run like five different competitive-level decks, and five more dark-horse jank decks that might take people by surprise and slip into top8 once in a while.

Anytime anyone makes a deck that doesn't need the Ruler for a win-con or other specific function, R/R naturally slots in because it's the ultimate general toolbox.
>>
What's the best starter deck to pick from all of them?
>>
>>46220947
White gives you the best value, Green is semi-competitive out of the box and can be tuned to be actually competitive, but most of the cards aren't worth a damn outside of Sacred Beast tribal.

Red and Blue are aight, nothing special but playable out of the box. Black is total crap out of the box, but gives you a solid base to build a Reanimator deck if that's your thing.
>>
>>46220983
What would I need to do to turn the green deck into something competitive?
>>
>>46221076
Anyone happen to know?
>>
>>46219940
Magic killed my wallet for ages, and it seems fairly popular around my area/local shop.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (660 KB, 1142x1619) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
660 KB, 1142x1619
Hi guys, new guy here. I had some questions for you since I know next to nothing of the game. I play mtg and heard about this game, and that it was similar to edh with a fixed card pile for lands, basically.

This sounds okay. However the one thing that got my attention are the Lovecraft-inspired cards. Since I like that theme, I thought about getting those to try the game. so my questions are:

- Are they spread among multiple sets? Or are they from a specific one?
- I also play Netrunner where each set are sold with full copies (3x) of each cards, so how is it here? Is there random boosters/prefab decks, etc?
- Do the Cthulhu cards offers enough possibility to create very different decks or they tend toward one archetype? (we're be two playing together, so I wonder if I need more variety)

Thanks for any answer.
>>
>>46213225
THIS, FUCKIN THIS SO HARD.
>Friend can't contain his clearly visible hard-on for lolis and builds kaguya.
>I'm ready to throw her under a nonstop train of glorious machines.
>He plays noble.
>Whatever, I'll just attach a screw and target attack it.
>Motherfucking premonition
>Again game 2

Somebody make Machina great again.
>>
>>46214991
pls send help
>(you)
>>
>>46222015
>>46221076
No love for Green decks?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160324-152736.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160324-152736.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
I cannot fucking believe this thread is alive. In exchange here is the dumb Minamoto decklist that got top 8 at Detroit.
>>
>>46221076
>>46222015
>>46225646
The new Pricia Resonator and many counterspells.
>>
Ive been playing this game since it launched in Italy with some friends, really fun game to play on the side when not playing mtg or whatever else is going on at my shop. Atm salts flying since everyone who plays comes from yugioh and is complain about reflect in our local meta.
>>
>>46227303
To be fair Reflect takes away diversity and a playgroup with an unspoken rule of not using it is a lot of fun.
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.