[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me what the fuck you're supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: img_1759.jpg (156 KB, 1024x522) Image search: [Google]
img_1759.jpg
156 KB, 1024x522
Can someone explain to me what the fuck you're supposed to do in Nobilis?
>>
First session you let the players run through a few villages and let them realize how OP their characters are. End of first session you then slap their shit in by someone else who is a nobilis. Then play politics for 13 sessions in a row and watch every combat=fun player leave the game.
>>
>>46156148
My understanding is that you buy it and put it on a shelf for 6 months then you read it an think "This has some cool ideas mixed into the weird anime god and goddess bullshit. I can make this work!" Then you try to get a group together with your home brewed setting but nobody else knows anything about Nobilis so you end up GMing Pathfinder and looking longingly at the Nobilis book on your shelf.
>>
Nobilis is the best game you'll never play. It's a gorgeous, artistic masterpiece of RPG design which doesn't really work as an actual game.
>>
>>46156148
Mostly, politics and factional intrigue. A game broad enough to have the Gods of Gravity, Swordfighting, and Cake in the same party, and all actually able to meaningfully contribute, is less about smashing face and more about social interaction. If this does not appeal to your group, pick a different game.
>>
>>46156198

If your goal is to play without combat, and you look down on players who enjoy combat, why would you open the first session with combat?

Are you not familiar with the idea "start as you mean to go on"?
>>
>>46158760
Are you not familiar with the idea of satire?
>>
>>46156411
>Then you try to get a group together with your home brewed setting but nobody else knows anything about Nobilis so you end up GMing Pathfinder and looking longingly at the Nobilis book on your shelf

Doesn't that apply to any game other than Pathfinder?

I don't want to have to learn Pathfinder. There's too much stuff in it for me to read.
>>
>>46156148
Looks neat, any pdf anywhere? The one on kat has no seeders
>>
>>46160376
Here you go myself, good job checking the archives

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rxcykxkw2j41bcd/nobilis+core+rulebook+%28printable%29.pdf
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.