[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DM's gf is playing with us >the party (she) finds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: you're nothing but a cunt.png (462 KB, 683x442) Image search: [Google]
you're nothing but a cunt.png
462 KB, 683x442
>DM's gf is playing with us
>the party (she) finds a treasure box in the dungeon
>it's brimming with 10x what is appropriate for a party our size
>inside a secret compartment in the box (which she finds) is an unknown magic item of indeterminate power
>group is getting tired of this shit
>her character is fingerbanging it when one of the other players moves to take it from her
>gf goes redfaced and shoots the DM a glance
>"She's holding onto it, your character is busy looking through his own stash to grab it."
>player insists that he wants it, DM relents and lets him roll to grab it
>gf's character strikes back with lethal intent
>JUST THEN THE ARTIFACT ACTIVATES AND TURNS HER INTO AN ARMORED BATTLE PRINCESS!
>whowouldhavefuckingguessed.jpg
>player's character instagibbed
>"I told you you didn't need it. Roll up a new one."
>player walks out
>gf gets all pissy and redirects blame on the player saying it's HER campaign and she doesn't need him to play with us
>me and another player say we're going out for a smoke
>get in our cars and drive off instead

Fuck that shit. Why is this phenomena so fucking common in gaming nowadays?
>>
Is it? Like that's honestly one of the least common situations I've heard of.
>>
>>46148652
DM gf drama is such a staple for gaming that there should be a section on it in the PHB.
>>
>>46148693
Hambeast girlfriends ruining your game is uncommon? Nigga please.
>>
>>46148652
>her character is fingerbanging it
>"it" presumably being the hitherto unknown magic item?

I'm not sure if I believe this story, but I'm confused as to what you mean by this bit.
>>
>>46148770
Fingerbanging as poking and prodding the item all over, not because the character was curious, but because she knew it was statted for her and she was killing time until her bf unleashed it for her.
>>
>>46148652
lolz
>>
File: 1457559410092.png (154 KB, 549x424) Image search: [Google]
1457559410092.png
154 KB, 549x424
>>46148733

I think it depends on your maturity level and community.

Back in college, MAYBE, there was a GM who was trying to woo his crush with special spotlight time, but she never bit the hook.
>>
>>46148733
>GM's girlfriend ruining the game
>not shitty GM ruining the game
Just saying, it wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't a cunt.
>>
>>46148733
>Hambeast girlfriends ruining your game
>Blur hur hur it's all the bitch's fault
>not the whipped DM who is actually responsible for the game and ought to know better

This is what the Patriarchy looks like
>>
>>46148733

I've never seen it happen to any of the groups I've been in. Platonic friend drama, sure, but not specifically anything like "GM and their girlfriend ruin the campaign through favoritism".
>>
>>46150542
ITT: Things that never happened
>>
>>46150617
OP sexually satisfies a woman
>>
>DM always pandering to me, setting things in locations suited to my character concepts, favourable interactions with npcs and receiving special rewards and boons
>aint never gonna get nothing from me no matter how hard he tries

Always does it and he's not the only DM in our group who does, just the most regular offender.

The mysteries of heterosexual men pretending to be elves over the internet man.
>>
File: 1458435072038.png (34 KB, 291x286) Image search: [Google]
1458435072038.png
34 KB, 291x286
>>46150644
nerdy men/boys are lonely people. this is what i have learned by playing in this hobby.

might want to tell him to stop.
>>
... I have a feeling like there's a lot more unresolved issues here than you're telling us OP.
>>
>>46148723
Fuck, are you kidding? Here's how it would read:

"Female players are the single most desirable demographic for this game, and every effort should be made to cater to their every whims. Dungeon Master, if a female plays in your campaign, she will be calling the shots. Here's a special 1-800 number for her to call if she is somehow not allowed to be in charge. We will come to your house and we will KILL YOU, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!? Yay, feminism!"
>>
>>46150813
You sound really butthurt, Anon. Maybe you should tell us what's really going on?
>>
>>me and another player say we're going out for a smoke
>>get in our cars and drive off instead
did OP leave his PHB and dice at the GM's house or what
>>
>>46150837

Girls are ruining his gaming sessions.
>>
>>46148652
>Why is this phenomena so fucking common in gaming nowadays?

Because you probably just made all that up desu
>>
>>46150851
See >>46150617
>>
Yeah, despite how much I hear about this problem, I've never had it either. I've seen more problems with joining an online group and the GM favoring his one RL friend who's also in the game.

When I GM a game that my girlfriend's in, I actually tend to favor her the least. Actually, I tend to beat her the worst, but then again that's because she prefers playing frontline warrior types.
>>
>>"She's holding onto it, your character is busy looking through his own stash to grab it."

Why would the DM say this if the player just stated that his character moves to take it from her? Is the game being railroaded so hard that the DM takes control of the characters away from the players and tells them what they're doing? Why would you want to play with a DM that does that, anyway?
>>
>>46150856
no, no, no...
this feels like there is more going on here than just a simple game-session-gone-bad; I suspect there are deeper issues that OP is not telling us that is fueling this anger, like lighter-fluid on a flame...

... yes as stated in >>46150726 , OP has some additional unresolved issues that he is not telling us.
>>
>>46150887
Same here. Some of the other players tease me for picking on her, but she rolled a paladin - it's her job to be beaten like a redheaded stepchild.
>>
>>46148652
Worst pandering in this manner I've seen is the DM's girlfriend really likes cats so all the gear that drops for her is cat themed. And her boots summon her pet cat. Also she's a werecat.

It's not ruining the game or anything, I'm just getting really sick of cats.

All that said, this is the first time this has happened to me in like a decade of gaming.
>>
>>46150837
>Maybe you should tell us what's really going on?

Looks like a standard case of "Anon feels grumpy because he's been single for a while".
>>
>>46150887
I do it too, since my gf prefers playing characters that wrestle trolls to the ground, but we did have a GM who favored his girlfriend a lot.
The other characters weren't outright useless, but her character was a jack-of-all-trades/master-of-even-more type. She outshined the fighter in fighting, the wizard in casting, the cleric in praying, the thief in sneaking and even my heavily minmaxed merchant in, well, economy. Granted we did have fun, but she started introducing magical realm stuff in the form of questions like "what if such character went through such metamorphosis?". Game heavily derailed after that since character creation pretty much became "what you looked like before the GM's gf decided you should be a hermafrodite horse?", it really killed everyone's drive to play.
>>
>>46150520
>Whipped male DM
>Patriarchy
>>
>>46148652
This didn't happen and you know it.
>>
>>46151692

Yeah, only thing that would have made it more obvious would have been describing her as ham. Does the idea of women playing tabletop games really terrify people so much they need to invent stories like this just to convince themselves it's a rational thing? I'm honest to god confused.
>>
>>46148652

Never once seen this happen in 20 years of gaming. Sounds legit senpai.
>>
>>46151644
>something goes right
"Great GM, 10/10, real master!"
>something goes wrong
"fucking GM's gf, ruining it for everyone"

c'mon, fag, blame where blame is due. Both of them should know better, but the GM is obviously the one with the final say on whether it's going to be awful or not.
>>
>>46150851
He was using that asshole DMs dice and handbook.
>>
>>46148652

I host at my house, and I live with my missus.

She doesn't play though, just brings us food and drink every hour or so. She's all class.
>>
>>46152209
>Does the idea of women playing tabletop games really terrify people so much they need to invent stories like this just to convince themselves it's a rational thing?

I really hope this thread and the countless "That girl" and "Women, amirite?" threads are just one very bitter shitposter.
But i'm sure reality is not this merciful.
>>
>>46151136
>I'm just getting really sick of cats.
So get a warhound. Or any of the dozens of other companion animals that eat cats. Multiclass into a necromancer and start zombifying her cats. Join in this arms race anon. Embrace it for the potential fun, don't run from it.

Or be mature and tell your GM it's getting a little annoying.
>>
>>46153440
We both know this story is made up.
>>
>>46153456
Or maybe re-evaluate if he's doing it for everyone and it's not just her.

She may have cat themed shit, but maybe you always find a better two handed sword or the cleric finds a better staff of +3 healing.

It maybe an expectation of the group, but hers is the most noticeable.

I'm a forever DM, and every player wants some stupid shit themed for their character. cats, robots, bigger sword, necklace of slow fall for a ninja, a helmet that also summons soup.

Stupid shit all the time. I know your getting your reach around for all the cat fucking stuff.

Re-evaluate before you blame a DM pandering to his players
>>
>>46153456
Bleh, didn't mean you, your response to post.

However your idea of petty retribution is even worse than dealing with cat theme.

Congrats, your willing to ruin everyone's fun to make your point.
>>
>>46148652
So common that you made up an entire scenario about it to get responses on /tg/?
Not that girlfriend drama isn't a thing that happens, but the ending to a story seems fairly contrived and fictional to me.
>>
>>46148652
>me and another player say we're going out for a smoke
>get in our cars and drive off instead

Even in your fantasy story you're still too much of a anti-social dickhead to actually address your issues with other people.

It's kind of amazing.
>>
>>46148652
Played with several girls in various campaigns over 25+ years. Never had a problem, if a girl is ruining your game your DM/GM/whatever is ruining it. DMs are supposed to be impartial, if they are not then they should be replaced. No player can be allowed to ruin the Holy Game Session.
>>
>>46148652
I had this happen. Dude DM giving an our party evil caster all this super magic swag N shit and leaving my ass out cuz he doesn't like me/ I'm a paladin. Then I kill caster cuz paladin beats evil. DM got super pissed and pulled super bull shit later.... In all his campaigns
>>
>>46148652
I've had this happen to me actually, but it's far from a 'nowadays' thing, seeing as when it happened to me, it happened in the 90s. Ironically, the DM was the really terrible one, the gf got really sick of just getting stuff handed to her. We kicked the DM out, but the gf continued to be part of the group for years and years.
>>
>>46150813
I'm a female player on the inside and if anyone claims my whole group made this excuse up to keep things balanced we'll scream that you're oppressing us.
>>
Since I'm forever-GM and my gf dislikes most forms of roleplaying, I've never been in a situation to favour her in game; not that I would.
two players in one of my groups are together and the closest we ever got to relationship drama is that in the early sessions they were over-the-top affectionate with each other, much to the discomfort to everyone else in the room. I made the rule that PDAs are strictly verboten in my house.
>>
>>46152209
>>46153440
>>46153459
Some of the stories are definitely real. Some of them are also online games with guys lying about their gender to get leverage on the GM.

But shit girls happen.
Them being remembered more vividly than shit guys is due to girls in gaming being rarer, forming bias.
That Girl stories seeming to be more common than That Guy stories is also bias btw.

But it's internet and these stories are going to keep being told, griping about it is pointless.
>>
>Tfw playing a decent game of CoS
>Tfw Everyone else, including the DM is a grill
tfw I'm the cleric

Every session is a magical realm adventure for me!
>>
In my current group (4 male and 1 female) the girl player is the only one banned from playing characters of the opposite sex and that ban pre-dates me joining the group four years ago. I'll have to find out the story behind why so I post it in these threads.
>>
>>46151692
This
>>
File: 1454369092178.png (665 KB, 652x488) Image search: [Google]
1454369092178.png
665 KB, 652x488
It's a shit player problem AND a shit DM problem , it's a shit player + shit DM ultra combo

Shit player for stealing the fun away from the DM and other players
Shit DM for being such a beta cuck faggot bending to the shitty player's whim

The proper thing to do was to leave, you did the right thing OP

Anyone blaming a vagina for causing this entire situation clearly has some repressed issues of some sort because it's right up in your face shit DM and shit player
>>
>>46156398
If true, I am both jealous and sorry.
>>
>>46156398
I would like to hear mroe
>>
>>46150644
>>46150712
>might want to tell him to stop.
I agree, and not just for your sake. Unless he's genuinely psycho, rejection is better than false hope. I know I'd rather bite the bullet and be told I don't have a chance than be left wondering forever. If he's never been in a relationship, he'll likely dwell on that question for years.
>>
>>46148652
>Why is this phenomena so fucking common in gaming nowadays?
Because it's not a 'nowadays'. KINGDOMS HAVE FALLEN because a woman wanted something. You being butthurt about a game of pretend is nothing compared to that.

Simply don't game with guys who do it.
>>
>>46154910

I don't know hype much of that is true, but I can tell you from personal experience that of the girls I have played with, I can think of 2.5 that were actually great to be around (The half is from one who was literally crazy. Her characters were cool and she got into the RP, but she herself was batshit crazy). The other 7.5 girls were a variety of shit.

One was a hairy ham planet that smelled. She tried to be mysterious and edgy, but it really didn't work. She DM'd a lot and admittedly it was mostly OK, but she played heavy favorites that got in the way.

One was an all controlling super bitch that ruined everything she touched.

One was there for reasons I don't even know. She wasn't really interested, but no one brought her along. She just sort of hung out. This one was kind of neutral, but negative because she didn't really contribute.

The other 4 were lol random XDDD I'm only here cuz my bf is here xddd:))). That stereotype is very real and very annoying.

Thankfully, the only time the GMs girlfriend/wife was involved, they were cool and/or batshit crazy. Those GMs also were super into their GMing and didn't let it influence anything beyond "honey, I don't think you want to do that"

By and large, my experiences with women are statistically way worse than with men, but my sample of women I've gamed with is much smaller.
>>
>>46156398
CoS?
>>
Stories that didn't happen IRL thread.
>>
>>46160626
Well if you leave out the "only here because of bf" chicks you pretty much have a selection of gamer types that crop up just as often male.

It's not really a problem with girls gaming. It's not even a problem with gamers. A lot of people are just dicks. Selfish, unreasonable, unreliable, lying, cheating, inappropriate or prejudiced, or more often a selection of those traits. It's a fact of live on both sides of the gender divide.
>>
>>46156398
This is just like my Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>46153712
You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>46150520
>Patriarchy

>>>/tumblr/
You need to go back.
>>
>>46150813
Welcome to the new age, cis scum.

Now be a good goyim and worship nigger cock like the rest of us.
>>
>>46160885

Well sure. You also can't discount the ones that are only there because of their BFs because those are the ones who typically make up most of the female sample pool.

I will agree that its not a problem with female gaming to a point, especially since its true that most people are just selfish dicks. The main problem with female gamers at the table is the way society treats women in general, which is usually pandering. Women in turn come to want/expect lots of attention. When this crosses with the stereotypical population of table top players, lonely nerds, you get a shit storm of derailment. That doesn't mean it is directly the fault of the women in question, but more like a chemical reaction.

That is of course painting in very broad strokes.
>>
>>46154910
Good summary.
>>
File: 1457937209665.png (81 KB, 204x200) Image search: [Google]
1457937209665.png
81 KB, 204x200
>>46160691
Get off our fucking board normie
>>
>>46157949
this.
from my short time playing tabletop games, i have ran into all kinds of people, both men and women, who range from decent players to absolute shit lords. Sex has nothing to do with being an absolute twat.
>>
>>46153346
If someone is being manipulated do you blame the manipulator or the manipulated?
>>
>>46150395
sauce on that picture?
>>
>>46148693
Literally never heard of this happening outside of neckbeard groups on 4chan.
>>
>>46163842
Both. To blame the manipulator alone excuses the weakness of the manipulated.

To blame the manipulated alone is to ignore the crime.

We have a responsibility to do good by others, but also to do good by ourselves, and many people ignore one or the other.
>>
>>46154910
>That Girl stories seeming to be more common than That Guy stories is also bias btw.

That's more just one faggot constantly making "that girl" threads in the last month. Before that, it was always just general That Guy threads with only the very rare that girl story.
>>
>>46164068
an anon on /co/, If you go to the endtown comic thread, someone could probably point you to the guy
>>
One woman I played with for several months was only playing because she liked one of the other players, but he never acknowledged it and she gave up. The others were alright. Kind of like they actually enjoyed the game and weren't there only for a guy or something.
>>
>>46163842
see >>46164292
In specific however, the GM is the one who has accepted the role of orchestrater and manager for a game. On top of general responsibility not to dupe others and not to let themselves be duped, they have the added responsibility of being the singular individual knowingly and voluntarily in charge of the game, to make the best decisions for the group as the whole.

So yes, it's quite fair to judge the GM harsher than the problem player/cause in this case. Whatever the GM's sex.
>>
Love that people are blaming the girl not the GMs. Surely it's the GM's fault for allowing and encouraging shit behaviour?

The girl could be anyone, if they're a shit GM they're a shit GM.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.