[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH is a garbage format. It's not fun, the only way to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
EDH is a garbage format. It's not fun, the only way to make it consistent is to literally only run combo pieces and tutors, and it's pretty much gay. If you legitimately enjoy edh then you probably have autism, as per this study
http://wiki.magicjudges.org/en/w/Judging_with_Autism
>inb4 your autistic self says "good thing I play commander"
This applies to commander too autismo. Youre a fuck boy if you play edh, if you play competitive edh you're even more of a faggot fuccboi retard. You all need to kill yourselves.
>>
>>46147968
Awww, did the big bad UGx Goodstuff meanies beat you at EDH today?
>>
Thats a lot of hate for edh my friend. While I respect your opinions I disagree with you my friend.
>>
>>46147968
>EDH is a garbage format

True.

>It's not fun

True, but an opinion.

>the only way to make it consistent is to literally only run combo pieces and tutors

True. Pretty much defeats the purpose of having 100 unique cards only to really have a bunch of tutors fetching your important cards.

>and it's pretty much gay

No comment.

>If you legitimately enjoy edh then you probably have autism, as per this study

Pretty much enjoying any aspect of M:tG other than casual kitchen sink is autistic. Including all constructed and limited formats and the act of collecting things.
>>
File: 1454382275143.gif (927 KB, 410x282) Image search: [Google]
1454382275143.gif
927 KB, 410x282
>>46147968
>>
>>46147968

>>fuck boy

Alright, I need somebody to explain this to me.

I have seen this phrase used as a descriptor of meathead ultra-jock frat boys implying that they are completely immature man-children only interested in pumping and dumping a girl. I have seen this phrase used to describe the most effeminate of twinks to imply they are completely submissive and the only thing they are worth is their orifices. I saw the latter first, so I assumed it came first but I'm a basement dweller who comes to fucking 4chan so I am far from the most up to date person when it comes to new slang. Are these two terms that developed independently of each other like convergent evolution? Was the term coined on some website to mean one of those things but its mutated as it hopped from one website to another?

Most importantly, what the fuck man? How does playing Commander make you either of those things?
>>
>>46147968
I hereby challenge you to play Yu-Gi-Oh! and try to keep the gun out of your mouth for at least a full game.

You will BEG to play EDH.
>>
>>46148443
>Lol how about instead of fucking this pig you fuck this horse?
>>
>>46148388
Do you expect insults directed at groups of people to actually correspond to any observed behaviors and/or qualities of those people? Because I've learned not to.
>>
>>46148388

I also saw the latter first. I'm pretty sure fuckbois have been used to describe traps and femboys with tight boypussies longer than the modern hipster smart phone Tinder social media usage of the term. I have only seen that one in the past 1-3 years, while the gay one has been in use far longer.
>>
>>46148388
It's just a buzzword that insecure people throw around to try and prop up their own failing egos. Pretty basic derision tactic. Insults of that nature rarely have any actual meaning.

>>46148462
You haven't played a shitty tcg until you've played ygo. The combo pieces fetch THEMSELVES.
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>46148462
>implying horse vagina isn't infinitely preferable to pig vagina

Is pic related your commander?
>>
>>46148463

Alright, I could see what he meant if he meant fuck boy in the gay sense. Its a time honored tradition to call people faggots on this website over the most trivial of things to the point where fag became an honorific. The point I was trying to make though was that could we please not take the new word and run it into the ground again? Seriously. The only reason fuck boy hasn't taken off as the over used insult of the year is because we were reminded that the word cuckold exists.
>>
>>46148521

Vintage is far more degenerate than YGO, and Legacy's established netdecks are far more stale.

YGO is more like Pokemon.
>>
Tangential to OP's bait, is there an alternate format to Magic that captures the fun of early EDH/Commander? I started playing in Lorwyn, dropped out for a while and came in on the tail end of R2R then toddled off to other games, and EDH sounded cool when I first learned about it, but watching it played at the LGS soured me on the idea.
>>
>>46148536
Insults are used until the sting against one's ego begins to dull, losing effectiveness. When that happens, the collective attaches itself to another insult. Then the cycle repeats. Ad infinitum.
>>
>>46148827
>I started playing in Lorwyn

Fucking disgusting.

Neowalkers.
>>
>>46148552
At least Pokemon has a rotating format

YGO is stuck with it's eternal + banlist bullshit that the developers don't realize is actively hurting the game as they continue to shit the hottest, newest power creep they possibly can just to keep selling product.

Too many of it's players are left playing what is possibly one of the worst games, actively accepting this vicious cycle. I remember playing it once after a long time, and I had a pretty meh hand, but I remembered in that very moment that there was no fucking mulligan rule. I said "that kind sucks" and was immediately met with "that's just how it is. if you get a shit hand you get a shit hand."

It's absolutely deplorable.
>>
>>46149584

YGO rotates via power creep and banlists.
>>
>Playing EDH in my LGS.
Competitive combo fetching shit all day every day.
>Playing EDH with my Vorthos friends.
Best fun I've ever had in MtG.

It's mostly a matter of who(whom?) you're playing with.
>>
File: 1457907320295.jpg (39 KB, 663x579) Image search: [Google]
1457907320295.jpg
39 KB, 663x579
>>46149614
And that's not a good thing. It's not a natural rotating format like what MTG, Pokemon, and soon-to-be Hearthstone has. It's forcing some cards out of the meta while bringing new ones in, and only forcing out the ones that just happened to actually be good in that meta. And considering the bullshit with The Secret Forces, it's an unnatural "rotation" system that they're fully aware "works" and actively manipulate.

If people think that's okay in CURRENT YEAR they have literal - not figurative, but literal - autism.
>>
>>46149680

Eternal card games always have stale metas. Hard rotations force you to repurchase new product seasonally and sacrifice your old investments/dedicated favorite decks.

At least this way you can consider it a hard rotation with the optional choice of playing your subpar outdated deck. If you consider YGO a hard rotation and not a soft one like it currently is, it doesn't change much compared to other rotating games.

I heard in Japan, the card game is super cheap, things that are $100 cards here are commons found in almost every pack, and we know the JP region leads the rest of the countries in terms of overall game direction. That probably explains a lot.
>>
>>46147968
>fuccboi
>angry sperg thread about MtG
>accusations of autism
>confusing opinion with fact

Anon, i'm curious - are you aware of your stupidity?
>>
File: 1455766036888.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1455766036888.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
>>46149741
It's entirely possible to have a meta that isn't stale without having to do that sort of stuff, though.

Yugioh's entire design direction works around the idea of archetypes, and not the kind we know. It's not "Midrange" or "Aggro", it's decks with super specific themes like "Bujin" and "HEROES".

They could easily make a new archetype that happens to be at the same power level as another, having it's own strategy and such, without phasing it out outright. It can be an alternative instead of a replacement. But instead, Konami finds it better to power creep, ban, and repeat every single time. The only decks that make it out alive are the ones that end up not being in the meta like the rest.

Hard rotations don't force you to stop using decks you like, and games with formats often have alternatives to the hard rotation, generally having eternal and semi-eternal formats to go along with it. Yugioh only has eternal minus banlist to do this, but they don't ever support this and simply treat it as the kitchen table format. And it's entirely possible to have soft rotations without having to consistently shit out a ton of new archetypes and ban whatever ends up being busted.

And shit is super cheap in Japan because that's where Konami bases their shit and tests the waters. They always release shit in the OCG (SEA regions) first, and if it's good, they print it at higher rarities when it's ready to reach the rest of the world. This has never not been the instance, outside of D R A G O N S.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.png (211 KB, 371x302) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.png
211 KB, 371x302
MTG is a garbage game. It's not fun, the only way to make it consistent is to literally only run combo pieces and tutors, and it's pretty much gay. If you legitimately enjoy mtg then you probably have autism, as per this study
http://wiki.magicjudges.org/en/w/Judging_with_Autism
>inb4 your autistic self says "good thing I play Yu Gi Oh"
This applies to Yugioh too autismo. Youre a fuck boy if you play mtg, if you play competitive mtg you're even more of a faggot fuccboi retard. You all need to kill yourselves.
>>
>>46149995
>It's entirely possible to have a meta that isn't stale without having to do that sort of stuff, though.

Not really. It's why M:tG can't do it and it's why all the games that have increasingly more individual factions/playable choices/decks have less and less balance.

You want balance? Chess. Go.
>>
>>46149995
>Hard rotations don't force you to stop using decks you like

The fuck? If your deck rotates out and doesn't get reprinted, YOU CAN'T PLAY IT ANYMORE. Nobody plays games in Pokemon where all cards are legal and it has no official support. This is the main reason I dislike rotations.
>>
>>46150482
Nobody plays with OLD pokemon cards because the Pokemon Cards are too weak and the Trainer Cards are too powerful.
>>
>>46148827
>LGS
Here's the problem. Commander is fun with friends, less fun in truly competitive environment (let's pretend for a moment LGS is truly competitive).
>>
>>46153535

No, nobody plays with old Pokemon cards because they're illegal.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.