[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tabletop Ettiquette
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: RibbonExplains.jpg (45 KB, 172x248) Image search: [Google]
RibbonExplains.jpg
45 KB, 172x248
If your GM is boring you, the best way to communicate this is by starting to stack your dice.

If your dice tower reaches over 15 dice in height, you must announce your feat, at which point the group will applaud you and you will become the new GM.
>>
If one person decides to wear a costume, everyone else must also wear a costume. That means crafting one out of nearby materials if necessary.
>>
>>46145301
>>46145410
Don't forget the hats

HATS ON
>>
There is nothing wrong with staring at a girl's tits if she dressed herself in a top that reveals her cleavage. She should thank you for doing what she clearly wants you to do.
>>
A game can't officially begin without the entire group standing for the traditional playing of the Mortal Combat theme. The group is expected to scream "MORTAL COMBAT" when appropriate.

Fist pumping is not required, but it is still considered respectful to do so.
>>
A nearby wooden item, preferably a ruler, is designated as the beating stick. GM has the right to smack a bitch if they're being obnoxious. Also, finish your fucking can of soda before you open a new one, jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>46145883
>wear top that reveals my cleavage at the gaming table
>unattractive man stares at my breasts
>non-physical sexual assault that makes me feel unsafe in my hobby

>wear top that reveals my cleavage at the gaming table
>attractive man doesn't stare at my breasts
>patriarchy trying to invalidate me and making me feel bad about my body
>>
If a dice is cocked, you can choose whichever upright result is good. Unless none of the possible results are good, in which case you get to reroll.
>>
If something is borked in the rules or is completely imbalanced in the encounter than its temporarily house ruled in for that session.
Example:
>Player thinks you can run as a half action
>Turns out you can't.
>Next session the GM accidentally made the map 4x as large as usual but couldn't fix it without wasting time restarting the program.
>Temp house rules that running can be made as a half-action.
>>
If you catch a person cheating, you should never call them out on it.
Instead, when they announce any high roll, you should give them a wink and a smile and say "You're reaaaaaaaaaaaaally lucky tonight." Every time.
>>
>>46146952

What? Fuck that. Call them out on it.
>>
>In the case of a big shared dicepool.

If a dice turns out to be really unlucky, it shall be given to the DM/GM and he/she has to use it instead of his/her usual dice.
>>
>>46147060
You clearly don't understand what's been going on in this thread at all, do you?
>>
If your GM accidentally brings up one of your fetishes, don't let the other people in your group know. Instead, subtly play it up and try to get the GM use it more often.
>>
File: 1456348492325.jpg (186 KB, 700x639) Image search: [Google]
1456348492325.jpg
186 KB, 700x639
>>46146232
>Mortal Combat
>>
>>46147164

I understand you're a passive-aggressive cunt and a full blown That Guy. Stay mad, sweetie. :^)
>>
>>46147240
>The point of this thread
>Your head
>>
Bribing the GM for in-game bonuses is a time-honored tradition and should be done frequently.
>>
File: forget heaven.gif (27 KB, 229x240) Image search: [Google]
forget heaven.gif
27 KB, 229x240
>>46146232
>Mortal Combat
>Combat
>C
>>
File: MiniRibbon.jpg (42 KB, 263x434) Image search: [Google]
MiniRibbon.jpg
42 KB, 263x434
>>46147240
Ribbon pls be my wife
>>
>>46147240
>>
The DM shouldn't have to chip in for food, but they are responsible for bribing any police officers that night.
>>
>>46147231
>>46147290
The cay on my ceyboard is brocen.
>>
>>46147253
>>46147297
>>46147323
>samefag this mad
>d-d-d-damage control
>>
>>46147597
Go away, Rage, I want to talk to Ribbon
Ribbon please be my wife
>>
>>46147512
You must have a fun table.
>>
File: 1385314660546.jpg (177 KB, 908x1024) Image search: [Google]
1385314660546.jpg
177 KB, 908x1024
>>46146952
>implying people cheat at TRPGs
Hahaha. What a silly idea.
>>
If a dragon or other enormous beast or foe appears suddenly smashing through the ceiling, its good habit to scream "RULES OF NATURE", or echo whoever did it before of you
>>
If you're a caster, you should behave yourself and let martial classes have some round of combat before resolving it without effort.
>>
In order to fully celebrate everyone arriving to the session, you should start a game of League of Legends, putting off the start of the game for over a half hour.

Yes, I'm still butthurt about that.
>>
If one of your party members is a caster and you are not, treat them with reverence and carry their things for them.
>>
During the game, it may be tempting to throw out a few references to the famed 1975 British comedy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, during appropriate situations. Don't!

Most GMs and players agree: when it comes to Holy Grail references, the amount of references is MUCH important than their relevance to the situation. So if you encounter a spellcasting NPC who's about to introduce himself, be sure to call him Tim as quickly as possible, before the other players get at that great reference opening before you do!

Since getting the actual words right is very important, if you feel at any point as though you may have misremembered the crucial order of events in the "Knights Who Say Ni" sketch, it's not only proper but expected to pull the scene up on your phone and rewatch it together.
>>
File: 1454462294072.png (211 KB, 301x287) Image search: [Google]
1454462294072.png
211 KB, 301x287
>people that are regular players for months
>never remembers the rules

READ. THE. FUCKING. BOOK.
>>
>>46145301
Always bully the healer.
>>
It's always worth trying to get the DM to give you Inspiration Points OOC if you feel that playing your character is too much work!
>>
>>46145301
Always rape the healer.
>>
>>46147240
Why is it that the people who go "u mad" tend to be the maddest of them all?
>>
>>46147253
>whoosh
>>
>>46149381
*teleports above you*
*unzips joke*
>>
File: TIRGEREDD.jpg (27 KB, 497x346) Image search: [Google]
TIRGEREDD.jpg
27 KB, 497x346
>>46147240
>>
The party healer will spend 90 percent of the session under the table fellating the barbarian and the paladin. The wizard is only allowed to watch.
>>
we all know how boring it is when it's not your turn. So feel free to pull out your phone as soon as your turn is over.

This may make it hard to keep track of what is happening between your turns but this is fine. Simply ask the dm to recap everything that just happened for you.

[SPOILER] Yes I am mad[/SPOILER]
>>
>>46150041
If the game is played online, also feel free to browse the web or play video games between your turns.

Also, if your medium of choice has any logging features, don't go back and read them, that would be rude.
>>
>>46150041
No, the correct thing to do is to take a nap on the floor, obviously actually paying attention to something other than yourself is too hard.
>>
If you need to go to the bathroom, make sure to wait until it's right before your turn. That way, everyone waiting for you will ncrease the anticipation and tension of the battle, making everyone have more fun.
>>
File: FIhqVOk.png (295 KB, 800x309) Image search: [Google]
FIhqVOk.png
295 KB, 800x309
>>46145301
>>
>>46150758
Is that left tower even possible.
>>
>>46150784
Let's find out: Tell me about your original homebrew setting and how unique it is.
>>
>>46147560
So type the scan code dickhead. (alt 107)
>>
>>46145301
Coasters clutter up the table. Don't use them.
>>
File: devito.jpg (108 KB, 497x594) Image search: [Google]
devito.jpg
108 KB, 497x594
>>46154432
Drinks clutter up the table
>>
>>46147231
>>46147290
>falling for "stylized spelling" meme
>>
Wargaming is tabletop, right?

If your opponent gets a few lucky rolls, it is entirely reasonable to demand to use their dice, get a few unlucky rolls, and sulk for the rest of the match, mumbling about dice gods.

This happened to me recently.
>>
If a player doesn't reply when asked what class or alignment they are playing or outright says that it's a secret, the group is mandated to gather around him and kick him until all 206 bones break.
>>
Players acting butthurt out of character toward other players for RPing their mind-affected characters properly.
>>
>>46147560
Should've copied the letter from another post. It's just once.
>>
Badumpbump
>>
Using a computer or phone is only really allowed if you have a really kickass video on youtube you want to share. It shouldn't be longer than a minute or two, but make sure to have a very crappy connection so that it stutters every few seconds and takes twenty minutes to finally load.
>>
In the event that one player character is slain by another, the player whose character has died is required to sit a designated shame chair while the rest of the party dances around them chanting the lyrics to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

If there is no shame chair available, a shame couch or shame car should work as a temporary replacement until a proper chair can be found.
>>
As the game's GM, you are the arbitrator, narrator, and sole conductor of the game's story.

If you are not the GM, you may occasionally speak a one-line reaction to the game's events and roll dice for the character sheet with which you have been provided, as well as solve simple math problems (at the GM's discretion). At no time may you attempt to use the avatar you have been permitted to create to explore the game world or find your own adventures.

GM Note: Players who violate the above do not always require a harsh reaction. Instead, we recommend allowing the player's avatar to move within the game world, but to reward the player with nothing of interest or value. A particularly useful response is to introduce another bland plot to distract the other players, leaving the lone player to abandon his idea or split the party, a well-known taboo.
>>
>>46145852
Sick reference yo.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.