[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeons & Dragons Greentext
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
>Be me.
>Be playing D&D ver. 5e at my schools gamers club.
>Be the only DPS character, a Monk. Also the leader of the group.
>We have to infiltrate an abandoned barn where bandits and cultists are waiting for us.
>Fighter Tank goes in first. Followed by me the Monk directly behind him, and the Sorcerer 10 feet behind us.

>Edgy ass fuckin' Evil-Tendencies cleric decides to try and sneak in behind the barn. Trying to play like a rogue.
>Our second fighter follows her just to be near the healer.
>Monk, Tank and Sorcerer kicking ass in the front of the building.
>I'm running up, punching people in the face and backing back behind the tank.
>Sorcerer casting fire at them, finishing them off.

Now here's when it gets fucked.

>Tank is low health because Edgy Cleric now behind the barn trying to find a "secret entrance."
>Sorcerer rolls a 1 to hit someone.
>Critical miss and hits our tank instead.
>Tank is now down leaving the monk defenseless.
>Monk rolls to try and attack someone.
>Roll 1: Critical Miss.
>Kick unconscious tank in the back of a head.
>We're all screaming at the cleric to get in the fucking barn.
>She finally decides to try and bash the wall down and get to us quicker.
>Roll 1: Critical Miss.
>She breaks her mace on the barn.
>Mfw our tank died because the Healer was trying to play as a rogue.
>Mfw I'm going back next week and gotta see what happens next.

TL;DR: If you're ever a healer in any D&D-esque game, stick close to the party. They need you.
>>
>>46143794
Did you win?
>>
>>46143794
>Be me.
>D&D ver. 5e
>Evil party member
>Tons of nat 1s.
Oh hey, another fake reddit story. Try harder next time.
>>
>>46143848
I'll know this Wednesday. Until then, I text our cleric random things like "Hey you got a first aid kit at your house? Yeah? Well, learn to use it. :^)"
>>
>>46143794
Seems like the fighter died because of a ton of shitty rolls. Certainly could have gone better but it certainly doesn't sound like it was solely the cleric's fault. Plus bursting through the wall all Rambo style hurling healing spells would have been epic.
>>
>>46143794
>>5e
>>Roll 1: Critical Miss.
Your fault. Read the book next time.
>>
>>46143955
>>46143924
Still, the healer should be near the party in case shit gets fucked like it did. Now we have to make another character for me friend.
>>
>>46143955
Has a good point. I houserule that if a ranged attack crit misses, a new attack roll is made to see if it hits anything else, but it is exactly that: a house rule. By the book that shouldn't be a problem.

>>46144023
I feel like it is the rest of the party's job to follow the healer. The party member that went with the healer on their silly antics lived, after all. Ideally, you'd elect a party leader that only uses their authority to say things like, "No, don't sneak. Stay with the group!" in your situation.
>>
>3.5
>rolling characters for new campaign
>decide to roll a NE dread necromancer
>upon learning this another player says "in that case I'll roll a LG cleric of a sun God LOL"
>DM allows it for hilarity's sake
>have to pretend to be a sorcerer
>demon familiar either stays invisible or takes the form of a wolf
>animating army of undead in secret
>have plan to kill the cleric
>disguised outside of town with assembled army
>encounter a group of drow about to raid the town for other reasons
>employ uber CHA and diplomacy skill to team up with the drow
>familiar fails to assassinate cleric so plan B is full on assault
>all drow and undead die but so does that fucking cleric
>escape and shed disguise to complete my "went to other town for supplies" alibi
>happen to encounter incoming PC of new player
>also evil
>enter into dark alliance together to use the surviving party as pawns
>>
>>46143880
You sound like a little shit.
You also have to be 18 or older to post here.
>>
>>46143863

/thread
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.