[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you stat meme addiction as a disadvantage in your favorite system?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Bedi_0030.jpg~original.jpg (104 KB, 799x534) Image search: [Google]
Bedi_0030.jpg~original.jpg
104 KB, 799x534
Can you stat meme addiction as a disadvantage in your favorite system?
>>
>>46137708
No
>>
>>46138073
Why? Does your system have no disadvantages or are you simply a bad game designer?
>>
Yes, it's either a Habit or Quirk depending on whether your character's annoying as fuck with it or not
>>
>>46137708
>meme addiction
wat
>>
>>46138387
Pretty much this. Someone who owns a shitty meme T-Shirt and occasionally references a meme in real life would have it at a quirk level. A Memelord who can't complete a sentence without a meme in it would have it as an Odious Personal Habit, probably just at the -1 Level.
>>
Just make it so any time a player says a meme at the table their character randomly spout it in-game. NPCs should tend to be quick to anger if they can't make sense of it.
>>
>>46138430
>SWfaggot and GURPSfag in perfect harmony
what the shit is this thread
d-did we just unite over memes?
>>
>>46137708

>Distinctive Style - 5 Karma
Something about the individual that they either can't change (particular scars, oddly colored eyes, physical oddity) or won't change (always wears certain colors, has a "theme", bad puns all the time, etc...).

>Signature - 10 Karma
A "calling card" left by the perpetrator. Something that they're compelled to do, no option to not leave their mark proving they were there.

Both can later be "bought off" for 2x their original Karma benefit, this covers the cost of minor surgery/gene-therapy/psych-therapy to help correct the Distinctive Style, and the psych-therapy for the compulsion of the signature.
>>
>>46138450
GURPSfag here, I never held any animosity towards SW. It has its strengths and weaknesses just like GURPS.
>>
>>46138577
Well you'd be wrong because GURPS is a pile of shit and it's an insult to compare it to Savage Worlds. Get fucked, grandpa.
>>
>>46138597
Fuck you, he's one of the reasonable ones.
I do think GURPS is a terrible system though, but that's mostly because of my hatred of clunk and sacrificing speed for detail
>>
>>46137708
Compulsion 1 or 2 (Meme addiction)
AToW stronk.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.