[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #748: Learning to Count Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46121800
>>
How many numbers do you think we're off at this point? 10? 20? 50?
>>
There were two #746s. The guy who has made half the recent editions be Nazi themed can't count.
>>
>>46135347
I'd think somewhere between 10 and 20.

Let's start things off with a question, other than Gravity Rush where can I get some gravity powers/tech/magic? Bonus points if I can make an area have it's own gravitational orientation, such as an area where a particular wall, or the roof, is 'down'.
>>
>>46135403
SCP foundation

Unrelated music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDM1L1rcNeA
>>
>>46135403
MCU if you steal the gravitonium ore from sheild. The stuff makes it super easy to make gravity fields, just run electricity through it.
>>
>>46135403
Blame! has some good stuff when it comes to gravity manipulation. You can buy it as a perk to be able to do it innately, or just steal some of the tech.
>>
>>46135403
Mass Effect is the obvious answer. Pretty much all their technology is based around manipulating gravity. And since eezo is a naturally-occurring substance, you can use Artificial Alloys from Anno 2070 to be able to reproduce it and get an unlimited supply.
>>
>>46135403
Fairy Tail has gravity magic. It doesn't just affect gravity, it can also be used to crush lesser magics.
>>
Who made the Original Dragon Age Jump? I mean what's the point the origins of they don't give anything?
>>
>>46135541
It was a really early jump when people didn't really know how to make them yet.
>>
File: wut.jpg (62 KB, 618x520) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
62 KB, 618x520
>>46122068

Spiral Knights:

Recon 100
Clipping
Three Strikes 300
Auto-Reload 400
Core Competence 800
Alpha Striker 1200
The Bitter End 1400
Drakon
Recon Set
Recon Cloak
Pet Snipe
Spiral Exchange
The Knights
Danger Missions 1200
The Crimson Plot 1000

Another good jump here. Some neat stuff in there, more or less entirely went for combat stuff. Boosts to hitting people quickly and harder, my guns automatically reloading, little bit of tech stuff for quicker technological pilfering and serious running around shooting/running around hitting people perks.

Drawbacks include Gremlins giving me the business and being part of an elite and somewhat suicidal bunch of Spiral Knights. Makes it more difficult but if I know MMOs (and I really don't) I suspect getting into more difficult situations often will equal more loot.

Probably going to fanwank that Spiral Knights are basically human underneath as that'll be a bit more palatable.
>>
>>46135403
Dead Space could be a good one but you'd have to work for it a bit as it doesn't straight up give you the science/knowledge.

See, most of their tech comes from a thing known as "Unified Field Theory" which "allowed [them] to control the gravitron in the same manner we were accustomed to controlling the electron."

In essence it is their element zero. Only it is a form of physics rather than a material.
>>
>>46135414
>SCP Foundation

What do they have? I'm positive there is no full-on reality bender perk.
>>
>>46135710
Subjective Gravity
>>
File: Oblivion.png (1 MB, 819x727) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion.png
1 MB, 819x727
If I choose Oblivion from Marvel as my parent deity in Percy Jackson, what powers could I gain?
>>
>>46135913
Nothing.
>>
Speaking of Percy Jackson, is Jason a good example of what I could get if I took Glory to Me with Zeus as my parent?
>>
>>46135913
Oblivion isn't really a god, it's an abstraction. That's be like trying to choose "Infinity" as your parent.
>>
>>46135978
No. Jason's descended from Aeolus, not Zeus.
>>
File: eternal-darkness-magick-circle.png (349 KB, 800x736) Image search: [Google]
eternal-darkness-magick-circle.png
349 KB, 800x736
Has there been any word on the Eternal Darkness jump? Is it still a thing? I seem remember that someone was talking about making one. I think it was Worm Anon? Although, I could be misremembering who it was.
>>
>>46135998
Wait what?
>>
>>46136026
Jason was the great-grandson of Aeolus, god of the winds. He's got nothing to do with Zeus.
>>
>>46135996
Well, people were choosing as their parent entities such as The Crawling Chaos and The Darkness in past threads.

Would the Chaos King (an aspect of Oblivion) be more fitting as a deity?
>>
>>46136031
Well, okay then. Then I guess the question changes to "What would I get with Glory to Me and Zeus as my parent"
>>
File: medi.jpg (76 KB, 543x792) Image search: [Google]
medi.jpg
76 KB, 543x792
>>46135606

Team Fortress:

Techie 200
22 years old
RED Team
Eureka Effect
Distinguished Rogue 300
Practical Problem Solver 450
Uncloak and Dagger 750
Doctor's Assistance 1050
Medi Gun 1150
Engineer PDA 1300
Merasmus Mania 1000

Took all the medic/techie stuff here. Picking up a lot of weird combat stuff. Eureka Effect is another cleverness perk, usually don't take them but it makes sense now and again to keep up with all the science stuff.

Distinguished Rogue is a cheap sexy perk it's a sickness, I know, I just can't stop buying them.

Practical Problem Solver I don't really care much for in and of itself but combined with some tech improvement stuff and it could be a neat way of fortifying something in a pinch. Engineer PDA is basically just a buff for it.

Uncloak and Dagger is mostly for impersonation which I really didn't have anything for before.

Doctor's Assistance lets me weaponise healing. Medi Gun was probably entirely unnecessary given I can make the bastard things but bought it for the sake of build cohesion and so that I have a warrantied version of it for when I don't have any memories or something. Probably a waste of CP really.

Merasmus is there as 300 CP for fighting monsters once a year in a wacky showdown seems like getting off lightly.

No idea what I'd do here to be honest. Probably leave the RED Team and explore this ridiculous version of Earth.
>>
>>46135969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p3uOJo5u7I

I can't wait to see my birthday gifts.
>>
>>46135978
Iirc, Merchant said Jason is a good example of a Fate Finds You Interesting/pantheon leader god's demigod, whereas Percy is a good example of someone with FFYI and Glory to Me. Jason can call down lightning and fly, while Percy can control water,create water, breathe water, cause storms, cause earthquakes, wade through lava, beat the god of war as an inexperienced kid while standing in the water, control sea creatures, and control horses.
>>
>>46136031
He's the son of Jupiter.
>>
>>46136079
No, he's the son of Aeson, grandson of Aeolus.
>>
>>46136086
Heroes of Olympus Jason, not Greek Myth Jason.
>>
>>46136094
I'd hardly call Jason a "hero". He doesn't even really fit the old-fashioned sense of the word.
>>
Has anyone been working on a blue exorcist jump?
>>
File: image.jpg (544 KB, 1981x1389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
544 KB, 1981x1389
>>46136038
Yeah. That seems to be more along the lines of an actual deity. When Thanos had the Infinite Gauntlet he ranked the cosmic entities.

Living Tribunal was on top (well, GOD is but he's Jack Kirby), followed by Infinity & Eternity (along with Oblivion & Death).
>>
>>46135996
Aren't most gods embodiments of some abstract principle?
Like how Ares is an embodiment of war.
>>
>>46136113
It's just the name of the series bonehead.
>>
>>46136149
Ares isn't the embodiment of war, he's just got power over it. War would exist even if he didn't.
>>
>>46136064
Had said Jason is a bit too weak even for just FFYI, he has two whole abilities. A GtM free major demigod would have a decent chunk of the powers relating to what his parent is most known for, as well as one or two of the less linked abilities. Glory to Me means you get pretty much everything instead (as well as maybe some extra stuff relating to your parent's domain if they're highly focused). Percy is the example used there because he has pretty much everything Poseidon could conceivably grant as a parent, going GtM free son of Jupiter would also get you some weather control, enforcement of oaths, and more tricks with electricity, including getting boosted by it in addition to Jason's two abilities (seriously was he like the runt of the litter? Hades and Poseidon demigods outdo him hilariously.).

Generally for GtM free stuff you'll get a few of the signature abilities, including the boost for being in proximity to the domain of your parent and the big ability. GtM gives a bit of a power boost but more importantly gives a massive versatility boost.
>>
>>46136156
It's a dumb name, is my point. Jason didn't even go to Olympus, the best his series should be is "Heroes of Iolcos".
>>
>>46136177
Honestly, don't most demigods only get abilities from a couple of domains? I just thought Percy (and to a lesser extent, Nico) were exceptions to the rule. Even when looking other big-three demigods, it seems like that - Hazel has control over precious metals and Thalia has control of lightning.

Just thought Percy and Nico were like Leo in that they were rare examples of someone getting extra abilities.
>>
File: ff2778137fe1be1ffe6227817c9ccd07.jpg (205 KB, 1024x1229) Image search: [Google]
ff2778137fe1be1ffe6227817c9ccd07.jpg
205 KB, 1024x1229
>>46135913
Your true father awaits anon
Stop this heresy and come home.
>>
>>46136260
Who's to say a demigod can't serve the Emperor? Would you turn away such a power ally?
>>
File: 1450757656568.jpg (174 KB, 788x1014) Image search: [Google]
1450757656568.jpg
174 KB, 788x1014
>>46136265
Gods aren't to be trusted, and their children are their pawns. So yes I would.

Living saints are basically demigods with the Emperor as their progenitor, but the Emperor is still a man, a man who has moved beyond divinity.
>>
>>46136232
Percy is acknowledged as unusually potent, yes. Nico though from all indications is about standard for a Child of Hades (and fits the schemata of having lots of death abilities and a few to do with shadows). Thalia was talked about as though she was roughly equivalent to them as a combat asset. Leo has an extra ability that's rare for Hephaestus' kids but not unheard of. Generally even the demigods of what falls under medium deities have a few tricks they can pull in addition to just plain having affinity for skills of their parents. Hazel as I recall has some authority over the dead, she's just hesitant to use it because of the whole issue with technically being dead and therefore wishing to avoid the attention of the Underworld, because while Pluto is very definitively not looking at her, he can only cover for so much.

Jason is ridiculously limited in abilities, taking him as an "average" child of Zeus makes the whole Big Three thing look like poppycock. He's quantitatively far less versatile and potent than the showings we've had for other kids of gods said to be on the same level as those of Zeus.
>>
File: truthgetsit.jpg (194 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
truthgetsit.jpg
194 KB, 1280x720
>>46136260
>>46136315
Why would I like to serve a corpse?
>>
>>46136440
Not that Sister, but he's not really a corpse, so much as he's an incredibly powerful psychic being, who just so happens to be trapped in a corpse's body.
>>
>>46136362
>Thalia was talked about as though she was roughly equivalent to them as a combat asset
But, I mean, so was Jason.

>Leo has an extra ability that's rare for Hephaestus' kids but not unheard of.
Which was my point.

>Hazel
The farthest I got in the series of Mark of Athena, and that was years ago, but don't the Eidolons explicitly say she has no authority over the dead?

I'm not complaining or anything, I just remember always being underwhelmed by what most of the demigods could do in the first series.
>>
>>46136456
Does that stop me from walking up and using his throne as a toilet?
>>
>>46136440
this >>46136456
and venerate your ancestors, learn from thier triumphs and mistakes.

>>46136487
Not being an edgy cunt would do that
That and the emperor's honorguard.
>>
>>46136498
So it's up to me and some other people to prevent it because the /incredibly powerful/ corpse can't?
>>
>>46136498
What happened to that Sister's iris?
>>
>>46136588
>because the /incredibly powerful/ corpse can't?

because the incredibly powerful corpse is lighting up the beacon that keeps the empire going.

Jeeze anon, there is no need o be so obtuse.
>>
>>46136610
The great and powerful human race needs a glorified zombie on a golden toilet to survive? Pathetic.
>>
>>46136649
Why does everyone always go for the toilet joke? It's not funny. It never was. I don't even care about the Emperor, I just hate that joke.
>>
>>46136836
Lowest common denominator? I dunno, most peopel I know agree pooping is funny.
>>
>>46136315

I'm going to have to disagree slightly. I'll admit I don't know much about Percy Jackson, but from what I can tell gods tend to be rather absentee parents.

So for most demigods their god parent probably has basically no influence on their life beyond their heredity and powers.

Immediately rejecting the non-hostile ones is basically makes almost as much sense as setting yourself on fire because a follower of Tzeentch attacked you thus technically making you involved in one of the indecisive mollusks plots.

>>46136440

Says the guy with a picture of the thing that claims to be both every human and the world, who gives some weird ink blot thing godlike powers, and then mocks it for failing.

Truth would probably help just to laugh at the chaos gods it they ever end up meeting it.

>>46136649

It's more that they need it to keep the imperium intact. Basically The Emperor is in that state to keep the trains running on time, and the boat, the airplanes, and the telephone and internet.

Besides let's be series here. The only race Warhammer 40000 doesn't suck for is the orks.
>>
File: 891.png.gif (69 KB, 514x568) Image search: [Google]
891.png.gif
69 KB, 514x568
>>46136836
They just have shit taste.
>>
File: Fallout 4 CYOA WIP.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 CYOA WIP.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Change log:
-Updated description of Cyborg to account for Synths
-Updated Science! to allow the creation of pre-war tech such as Fusion Cores and Laser Rifles
-Added Mutations
-Added Ballistic Fiber and Vertibird items
-Pip Boy 3000s, Combat Armor, and Stealth Boys are now discounted for Drop Ins, BOS, and Institute, respectively
-Purchasing Legendary for robotic companions gives the option to put them in a Synthetic body
-Imports can be made Legendary, now
-Updated Survivor Mode to loss of supernatural abilities, not weakening

And here's another Capstone from EMH, this time for Drop Ins:

Fantastic Foresight- You have great insight into the consequences of your actions; more importantly, you know how to limit those consequences, as well as the knowledge to make your actions stick. You can use this to organically, but radically, change the worlds you visit, or have your impact on the "plot" of a world be reduced to a minimum, or even ensure that, despite any people you save or kill, or objects you steal or destroy, that things end in a way that is reminiscent to how they would normally.
>>
File: Truthsmiling.jpg (59 KB, 321x793) Image search: [Google]
Truthsmiling.jpg
59 KB, 321x793
>>46136857
Well, Truth never really does anything. Even when he was 'absorbed', it didn't even lasted a whole minute. His powers really interact with the real world, and the greatest thing he does is giving advice like 'don't try to take over my fucking job or I will get mad'.

It isn't the protector of humanity, its benevolent creator or its enemy.

Truth is simply Truth.

And he doesn't has a galaxy spawning cult that glorifies him even after his demise.

Because if you claim that the Emperor is 'alive', you could say the same for guys like Khaine.
>>
>>46136857
>>46137020
Truth would just swallow the chaos gods at some point in the distant future, just like everything else

Truth is in part the inevitable end of all things, and seeking to avoid it is just a painful exercise in futility.
>>
>>46136939
The Update looks fairly interesting, though as someone who has nothing to do with Fallout I cannot really tell you how accurate it is to the Source Material.
For the perk, it looks nice, but I personally prefer the villain capstone.
>>
>>46136939
>-Purchasing Legendary for robotic companions gives the option to put them in a Synthetic body

>Putting proud metal robots into inferior meat-based bodies.
>>
>>46136939

Mental Block should probably change "slightly" to at least "moderately" - as psykers in Fallout are super rare.

Though I suppose it might help against the ancient alien hypertech.
>>
>>46137125
Technically they're not meat. Just an advanced polymer that closely resembles it. Though it does have all of meat's weaknesses, which begs the question of why the Institute even bothered. Well, okay, they're immune to radiation and that's a pretty big deal in the Wasteland. But I still think it doesn't justify the investment.
>>
>>46136939

Could you add this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWizbLS3wiM

I mean, I can just steal the entire room, but it'd be neat to have it as a warehouse attachment - like the Lord of Light one.
>>
>>46137201

Isn't the Institute run by morons?
>>
>>46136836
Dunno if you know this or not, but in Britain where GW is based, throne is a slang name for toilet.
>>
>>46136939
I'd love it if you could add an item that is something like the institute's underground lab that follows you post-jump. Because that place was really godamn pretty.
>>
>>46137257
They sure seem to be, yep.
>>
>>46137201

Biggest upside I can see is just how fast they can print them.

A minute or two to produce a fully matured and indoctrinated unit with mildly posthuman strength and reflexes, is pretty darned good.

And the technology itself had other applications - synths of other animals were very possible, such as those gorillas. Possibly even synth Deathclaws if they'd had the vision.
>>
>>46137257
replace institute with bethesda and suddenly everything will become clear.
>>
>>46137125
Lets them experience things like hugs and hand holding the way meatbags do.
>>
>>46136147
>That Image
Marvel Cosmology is really weird. Sometimes Galactus is part of the Big 4 and not Oblivion, who is on a scale on his own. Other Times Infinity says that the Chaos King is his counterpart. There're times where the Celestials do whatever they want and crush the other entities, and others they are bellow. The same goes for Odin/Zeus.

DC is cosmology is even wierder, but it is usually much more constant.
>>
>>46137274

That would be very neat. All the Faction HQ's would be cool - the Prydwen, the Star Fort Thing... well, maybe not the shitty rundown tunnels of the Railroad, but the others are cool.

The USS Constitution wasn't a faction... but...
>>
>>46137290
Yeah, but I mean: They have cloning tech. Why not just clone humans and give them protective gear? Surely that would be more cost-effective than developing an entire set of synthetic biological processes parallel to human ones and making meat-golems out of them.
>>
>>46137297
Okay, so we can still blame Raphael for creativity interpreting his angelic duty of stirring the Pool of Bethesda?
>>
>>46137307

You mean inferior and inefficient meatbag contact?

In terms of sheer PSI a robot is a hundred times more effective at precisely targeted hugs that demonstrate the full and overwhelming HYDRAULIC POWER of your feelings - and with electronic reflexes, a hand can be held so delicately that it would not bruise if it were made of snow - or UTTERLY CRUSHED if it were the hand of one of your enemies.
>>
File: curie.jpg (107 KB, 550x610) Image search: [Google]
curie.jpg
107 KB, 550x610
>>46137120
Each background is going to have two Capstone; Villains have theirs to do with power, Drop Ins have Meta Abilities, and the other two backgrounds have to do with science and combat/leadership abilities.

The names of the other Capstones are Power Absolute for Villains, Retcon Proof for Drop Ins, Nine Realms Crafting and Pym's Protégé for whatever I call the "smart guy" background, and Fight As One and Finest Hour for whatever I call the "fighter" background.

>>46137161
You're immune to Fallout's Psionic abilities; you're just slightly resistant to the Psionic abilities of other worlds.

>>46137201
>advanced polymer
Do you have a source for this? I was wondering about whether Gen 3s are immune to radiation, since it's not explicitly stated one way or another in game. (At least not to my knowledge.)

>>46137256
You can build your own with Science!

>>46137274
>>46137324
Eh, I don't think that really meshes with the other options in the Items section. You could probably build something similar to that lab with Science! though.

>>46137125
>>46137363
I wouldn't call Curie's Synthetic body inferior.
>>
>>46137297
That's a low blow. At least the Institute is dedicated to progress.
>>
>>46137374
Well, I'm probably going to take whatever "To The Pain" Drawback ypu offer to afford retcon proof, so that's something.
>>
>>46137412
* you. Sorry, I was on my phone.
>>
>>46137374
> I was wondering about whether Gen 3s are immune to radiation, since it's not explicitly stated one way or another in game. (At least not to my knowledge.)
Well, I know that Curie's dialogue about being fine in the Glowing Sea remains even if you've uploaded her into a synth body first, so that does imply it. That could just be a bug, though. Gen 3 synth enemies aren't affected by radiation, going by the game files, but then again a lot of enemies aren't anyway so that might not mean anything.
>>
>>46137374
In EMH will there be a sorcery background or perk? It’s not necessary or anything, I’ve just been trying to get Marvel magic forever, and find it galling that other than trying to pod cosmic entities, or taking Job Offer in Dresden Files, there seems no way of keeping it post-jump.
>>
>>46137577
Related to this, can we be an Asgardian?
>>
>>46136939
Fallout 4 continuity jump? Neat!

>>46137201
Gen 3 synths are actual flesh and blood humanoids, they've got some cybernetic bits knocking around inside of them but everything else is hyper efficent designer organs basically. I think Gen 1 and 2 synths are the only ones truly immune to radiation due to being robots, Gen 3s are just incredibly resistant. The fact they could effortlessly replace key leaders and average citizens in the commonwealth with loyal synths to act as eyes and ears while furthering their goals is the big use.

>>46137257
They just lack a surface world perspective mainly, also Kellogg being a psychopath who wiped out an entire settlement when they failed to do exactly what he wanted really kickstarted their reputation as boogeymen.
>>
>>46137626
Now we just need a Fallout I jump, and an update to the Fallout Jump to add continuity to it.
>>
>>46136939
so do those containers of consumables like the explosives box and Chem Cooler refill and if so at what rate?
>>
>>46137577
...I'm not to certain about having a "magic" background- I don't feel as if I could have one without overlapping with Young Justice. There will be magical powers however.

It's funny that you mention that bit about keeping power:

Power Absolute- Your power is undeniable; and what's more it's actually linked to your very being. Once you get power- that is, the non-metaphorical kind- it is impossible to be taken or removed unwillingly (barring drawbacks, of course.) This does not apply to power granted by items (though if you can absorb their power it will), nor does it work on "power ups" that have a fixed amount of time usage, nor does it apply to powers that you "spend" such as certain types of magic. It also doesn't cause you to retain power that you grant to others. Basically, this allows you to keep power that you've seized for yourself, power that has been granted to you, and power that has bonded with you- permanently. (600 CP, discount Villain)

>>46137609
Yes.
>>
File: DevilSurvivorJump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DevilSurvivorJump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Hey Anons, what's up? I've brought with me the nearly complete Devil Survivor jump, all it really needs now are notes and clarifications, and then it will be done! Any comments or advice is appreciated!
>>
>>46137734
They do not.
>>
>>46136177
Hey Mechant could you make pdf with descriptions what demigods get form they parents? That way you wont need to answer 50 times what we get form Odin, Chaos Gods or Amateratsu.
>>
File: Suckers.gif (4 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Suckers.gif
4 MB, 480x360
>>46137740
I'm going to start writing my plan to kill Lucifer. See you all later.
>>
>>46137794
Have fun, Alice! Let me know how that works out for you!
>>
>>46137738
>Power Absolute
So this is specifically for learning magic and such and keeping it in future jumps?

>Yes
Gods bless you, YJ.

You're going to pull another YJ and make it incredibly painful to get everything I want, aren't you?
>>
>>46137764
Originally planned to do something like that, started briefly before realizing it would take ages, and would have issues with pantheon imports and obscure gods. Am considering just doing a compilation of everyone I've laid out so far in thread and PDFing that.
>>
>>4613774
>jump is best taken low-to-mid tier
>high-tier drawbacks offer massive rewards you can't get otherwise
Well fuck.

Oh, very important question. Do demons count as Companions? Or do you get two demons per Companion, plus your own two, like in the game?

Also, we need Abel's headphones as an item.
>>
>>46137850
Well, yes and no. It's for all sources of power. Like, if you somehow became a Herald of Galactus during this Jump, when you leave you still have all of your Herald powers.

>spoiler
That's the idea, yes.
>>
File: 1454263885319.gif (3 MB, 244x233) Image search: [Google]
1454263885319.gif
3 MB, 244x233
>>46137738
>Power Absolute
You have no idea how happy in the pants you have just made me.
>>
>>46137875
>>46137740
How the hell did I pull that off?
>>
File: Tits and falls.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tits and falls.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1080
>>46136050
Titanfall:

Engineer 100
32 years old
Titan Engineering
What's This Do? 200
Synergy of Man and Machine 400
Cheaper by the Dozens 700
Legitimate Practices 800
Titan Cowboy 1400
Atlas
Mining Equipment 1600
Titan Fallout 1300
Spectre Cammo 1000

Lots of multiplayer games in the Imaged folder folders.

Took pretty much the whole Engineer tree. Lots of engineering unsurprisingly, understanding weird tech, neural interfaces and easy mass production of technology. Took the pilot capstone as well for more easily destructible machines if I'm grappling them, lotta giant robots and shit in the omniverse that don't want a giant bomb shoved into them.

Liked the special ability for Atlas best.

Took Mining Equipment as well despite having no fucking idea how that is actually supposed to work. Text indicates it's pretty big, does it just turn up each jump? Deploy from the warehouse? Have some sort of unfolding brick thing like the buildings in Van Helsing?

Hope it's the brick thing but it's probably not. If anyone has any idea let me know as I'd like to know what exactly it is that I've bought.

Drawbacks include everyone thinking I'm a robot and technology exploding all over that place. Depending on how severe it is I may end up going to live in on an island somewhere (wouldn't be the first time).

Also decided not to go for a faction as I have no idea what they do and a cursory google search has made them less interesting and varied from one another than the RED and BLU team were.
>>
>>46137889

So essentially, it's a "fuck you" to jump-fiat restrictions like Medaka Box saying that powers you get that aren't CP-bought are left behind?
>>
>>46137738
>Power Absolute
Damn. This doesn't affect many of my build, but it drastically helps the few it does.
>>
>>46137926
Oh god the nerfbitches are already targeting the perk.
>>
>>46137738
That bit about "power that has bonded to you" is what really appeals to me. Because I've been sealing a lot of spirits and demons and such inside myself to use their powers, and I fear them being unsealed. Now, not a problem.
>>
>>46137926
I'd clarify that it doesn't apply to drawbacks or Jump fiat. It'd still be incredibly useful, just not quite as ridiculous.
>>
File: image.jpg (435 KB, 900x1263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435 KB, 900x1263
>>46137374
Curie, best female companion in FO4.
>>
>>46137926
Actually, the author of that jump commented on that restriction recently. It's not that they're left behind, it's that they're subject to the same power-fading that powers in that setting normally experience over time as the user ages. The fiat is letting you keep the ones you bought permanently, not making the ones you didn't buy disappear. You can already get around it with the right perks, like Adult Mode from Nanoha.
>>
>>46137858
That would be perfect.
>>
>>46137738
Perhaps do it more based on Thor than the more traditional mage. You have and use magic, but it's more innate to your being instead of being something you have learned.
>>
>>46137942
Oh god, the cling-and-wankers are already latching onto the draft of the perk.
>>
>>46137845
Out of curiosity, would Fusions be hit by Megidoladyne just once, or for all of the components?
>>
>>46137875
Sorry I'm late, no, aside from Lucifer and Black Frost, demons do not count as companions. You get two demons per companion, but an awakened Bel can summon four demons, like Abel did against Metatron.
>>46138020
Fusions are one being, similar to how demons fuse. They would be hit once, but if their magic is weak/low, they'll be hit HARD.
>>
>>46137942
>>46138002
Ladies, ladies you're both shit.
>>
>>46138046
Good, thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT13ijUfSts
>>
>>46138085
I thought we agreed not to waifu real people.
>>
>>46137952
That sounds reasonable.

>>46137986
The ideas I had for "magic" powers basically amount to elementalism(Thor), illusions(Loki) and seduction(Enchantress).
>>
>>46138113
No problem. Just remember that in the final stage of the fight, DO NOT ATTACK HIM PHYSICALLY. He can repel any physical attack right back at you, you're going to want some powerful mages for that stage.
>>
>>46138114
I agreed to no such thing. All jumpers are my waifu.
ALL. JUMPERS.
>>
>>46137976
So the author couldn't even stick with his own wording.
>>
>>46138128
What about some kind of magical artifact like Mjolnir/Loki's staff as a capstone item?
>>
So I've watched the entire series of legends of tomorrow and plan on selecting it for the arrowverse jump but I have some questions.

1. How do things that follow you from jump to jump like the Light of Terra, or your Custom Stage from Mega Man work? Would I receive a tow job through time from The Waverider? 2. Do the Freeze Gun and Heat Ray Gun the rogues on board have work as good as the purchasable version? 3. I am heavily tempted to get speed force, but I have no idea how to work around the mandatory drawback,how did the jumpers who have taken it do that? 4. If the guns from the rogues on board work as well, Would it be pushing it to use Savage Salvage and Minecraft Cheat Mode together so I can replicate them and eat them to gain their powers while leaving the originals unaffected?
>>
>>46138146
What happens if I also have Repel Physical due to my Persona (it's a rare skill, but available)? Does the attack bounce back and forth between us forever?
>>
>>46138176
Excuse me, Reflect Physical, not Repel Physical. Pardon my error.
>>
>>46138176
Infinite loops, go!
>>
>>46138147
Are you calling me shit, anon?!
>>
>>46138176
>>46138201
In the game, it just sort of peters out: You attack him physically, he reflects it, and yours just sort of blocks it.
>>
>>46138147
Oh my. I.. I didn't know. I would have worn something a little more appropriate to the occasion if I'd know I was being confessed to today.
>>
>>46138155
Nine Realms Crafting, mentioned here>>46137374, would allow you to make your own versions of those things. Among other things.
>>
>>46138176

The worlds most ridiculous game of pong.
>>
>>46138220
Ah. Well, I kind of want to do this before Persona, anyway, so I guess it's no big loss.
>>
>>46138227
now how does this universe compare in power level to the marble cinematic universe or the comic universe?
>>
>>46137740
This is awesome. Let's see!

>...The Lord let loose his wrath
Are all three demons unlocked for fusion?

>Naoya's Notes
They let you create a Summoning Program. Ditto for server? The devices still require a Server to function, no?

>>46138046
Aw. No armies of demons for Bel?

Where does one even GET demons post-jump, for fusion and things?

>>46138146
Having Drain Physical for that stage was so much fun.

Anyway. Good thing Lucifer is kind enough to throw infinite medpacks at you during the battle.

Drain spell is THE shit in both games, I swear.
>>
>>46137976
No he commented it was something present and innate to the setting, and then went on to say that he's not going to change it because someone tries to rules lawyer around the wording of "other jump shenanigans". Seriously man read the actual ruling and context on it.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45510652/#45514029
Adult Mode falls under shenanigans by a relatively straightforward interpretation of the note. He never touched on whether it would work or not, but the responses he did make seem to reflect poorly upon it, especially since the ban on other powers was a big balancing point of the jump.
>>
>>46138295
What young justice and JLU are to the comics? That's what this is to Marvel.
>>
How do people feel about breaking from the usual d8 roll set for locations? I kind of want to make a Moon Hunters jump (though not for a while, still need to do many more playthroughs to unlock everything), and there are only five places suitable for starting locations. Would a d6 roll with 6 being the free pick option be acceptable?
>>
>>46138308
Nope, just the demon you fought, like usual. As for the program, actually replicating Babel itself is impossible, but a less powerful server is possible. You CAN summon armies of demons, you just have to weaken the barrier between the jump world and your demon court , which follows you, just like in the game. This is also where demons come from, post -Jump, though non-Bels can just summon from the Aether. As for Lucifer, Drain Physical IS pretty helpful. Then he starts throwing out that horrible, horrible spell.
>>
>>46138400
Hey, if there isn't enough places, that's just fine. There's no absolute NEED to have the d8 thing, so do what you want.
>>
>>46138400
I don't really care, to be completely honest, as long as it is interesting, I'll be fine.
>>
>>46138157
1.) I just assume your LoT and shit like that are in your warehouse until you need them.
2.) Yes.
3.) There is no work around Bancho, you have a dangerous speedster that is intent on buttering you up like a Christmas goose.
4.) It's your story, if you want to BS that Cheat Mode works like that, then that's up to you.
>>
>>46138443
>>46138461
Cool. Because I might be able to stretch it to a sixth location if I included the Sun Tribe's temple-city (which really is not a place you want to start), but a seventh would require me to put you in one of the quest-based locations, and that just feels wrong. The Silkhood Caves or the Valley of Nymphs or Idunn's Grove or wherever are the goals of an adventure, not the starting point of one.
>>
>>46138419
If I hit DS2 before DS1 and crack Anti-Almighty, would it resist Megidoladyne? Would Twilight Imperium or Empty Nogjt work?

>>46138400
Considered weighting them?
>>
>>46138528
>Considered weighting them?
What do you mean?
>>
>>46138528
Almighty is designed to pierce all defense, so I don't think Twilight Imperium or Empty Night would work, but Anti-Almighy? Definitely.
>>
>>46138400
Is it good?
>>
>>46138594
Almighty* Damn it
>>
>>46138552
As in, give one or two location rolls an extra number to make it more likely you start there.
>>
>>46138313
Please do not interfere with the power fantasy using logic and proof.
>>
>>46138606
Moon Hunters? Yeah, it's pretty fun. My biggest complaint is that the randomization means you're not guaranteed to find everything you need to finish a quest in the time allotted for one playthrough. Like, I keep finding Bayun the Talking Cat, but the only times I've found Baba Yaga are during runs where I haven't met Bayun yet, so I think I might never complete the "learn to talk to animals" quest.

>>46138625
Oh, I see. I don't think that would work, with the locations available. None of them is really any more likely for someone to start in than the others.
>>
>>46138478
>>3.) There is no work around Bancho, you have a dangerous speedster that is intent on buttering you up like a Christmas goose.

What I'm asking is is it one of those you lose drawbacks or is there some way to deal with it? Because I have no idea how I would deal with that.
>>
>>46138748
Well if the speedster manages to steal your powers, he becomes the Jumper. You would be sent home with nothing to show.
>>
>>46138478
>1.) I just assume your LoT and shit like that are in your warehouse until you need them.

Most of the big ships that follow you around get some fluff that they are placed in a high orbit above the planet you're on. The warehouse doesn't have the square footage to store it.

Things like an AC and an Eva, when they say the warehouse is given an upgrate I think that also inculdes some extra space to accomidate it.
>>
>>46138748
You can always commit suicide. No stealing your Jumper powers if you're heading home.
>>
>>46138803
Not the worst thing to happen given the current subject matter, frankly.
>>
>>46138748
Not an instant loss. They're immune to your powers, but not your tech and other items. Build a machine that replicated the Vibe power's ability to interfere with Speedsters or something.
>>
File: DevilSurvivorJump (1).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DevilSurvivorJump (1).pdf
1 B, 486x500
All right, final version everybody! I'll start working on DS2 either later tonight or sometime this week.
>>
>>46138851
They're also not immune to your in-Jump powers, IIRC? Also, they're not immune to any advanced combat training you might have, so if you're a superior fighter their superior speed can be overcome.
>>
>>46137889
>>46137738
>>46137374
So... why all the emphasis on meta perks? I'm just curious, it seems like you really try to push for perks that are meta with no ties to the setting at all to get people to look. What's the reason for that? inb4 'how dare the nerfers harass my waifu by asking questions'
>>
>>46138869
Huzzah celebratory music!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdRFDQ7x3Sk
>>
>>46138824
>Things like an AC and an Eva

An Eva would fit pretty easily as long as it's lying down (mostly because there's no mention how high the ceiling is). They're only 40 meters tall.
With extra space you have 7,4km2 - that's a whole lot of mecha.

Even without extra space that fits pretty easily, as do most smaller spaceships which are at most a few hundred meters long, with the smaller ones only being in the range of 20-30 meters.

The problem is getting them out in an efficient manner. Finding a door big enough in a place that can handle an EVA coming out isn't exactly trivial, and if you took portal you're limited to 80ft2 - about 7,4m2, which isn't big enough for anything beyond a car or truck.

The Light of Terra is probably the biggest vehicle you can get (outside of stealing something non-buyable) with its 12km length, but it explicitly appears in space every jump so it's not a problem.
>>
>>46138981
That was awesome!
>>
To the anon discussing Cosmic Fact last thread:
A: the anon who responded to you has it right. It's less impressive than it sounds.
B: The original ruling came just after a poll revealing a lot of people did that anyway, basically just because they wanted to. So it wasn't much of a new ability.
C: Even if I wanted to change it now, I couldn't; I think we've proven altering things to reduce power is not going to work well, and this ruling is 14 months old.

>>46136939
Though I don't expect it to be an issue, I wanted it on record that I have no problem with this jump being made or you making it. Just to forestall any later issues. I do think these capstones have been a little strong, but that's probably just me.
>>
>>46138662
You really just come across like you're constantly miserable and spiteful towards the thread. I have to wonder why you come here.
>>
>>46138831
obvious troll is obvious.
>>46138889
that might help , do DMC fighting styles and the capstone martial arts from Wuxia count as martial arts?

>>46138851
most of my tech has been integrated into my powers though, not sure if that would count.
>>46139028
actually Quicksilver has gone back and forth on the height of the ceiling from either as tall as it is in the picture which is about 1 1/2 stories to "tall enough" and yeah I would not be starting somewhere with space and moving throughout time so that presents kind of a problem especially considering I did take the portal since I was worried about losing the key.
>>
>>46138968
Well, Drop Ins are pretty self explanatory, I feel. The Capstones for Villains are based on the insatiable desire for power that villains such as the Red Skull have, but obviously I can't just put a price point on "Power Cosmic" or any of the other power sources that power-hungry people covet in setting- so, in my opinion, I did the next best thing and ensured that you get to keep the power that you do manage to take.

>>46139085
Thank you, Marvel Anon.
>>
>>46139124

You were worried about losing a key that ends up in your pocket a few minutes later if you lose it?
>>
>>46139087
Because I'm making jumps for those few people I do like, which unfortunately means I have to take you assclowns into account on several occasions.
>>
>>46139057
Gloryhammer!
>>46139142
Makes sense to me.
>>
>>46139173
I do not remember that being part of the description of the key at the time I took the supplement.
>>
>>46139142
That still seems weird? There's loads of ways to express an insatiable desire for power, and making it so meta seems really out of place.

>Well, Drop Ins are pretty self explanatory, I feel.
It doesn't feel like a self explaining thing at all. It doesn't need to be meta, it can just be used to offer things that don't make sense in any of the backgrounds.
>>
>>46139193
Have you ever thought about maybe not hating people?

Am I going to get a 'I don't want my jumps associated with this argument' speech if I ask what you've made?
>>
>>46139124
Well there are a couple of options. Magic shrinking might work, or digitizing it.
Or you could jump Kantai Collection and import the LoT as a shipgirl and then import her as a companion.

As for losing the key, even if you do it comes back after a few minutes.
Even assuming it's ever stolen and somehow the thief gets the idea to insert it into a random door and gets into your warehouse before it comes back to you (which is unlikely but admittedly not impossible), you can just put up a few murderbots or whatever to deal with intruders.

It's certainly no reason to limit your access (pre-warehouse-teleport perks) to things that small. How will you steal your enemies houses, ships, gardens and similiar things if you can't get them through the entrance?
>>
File: Fallout 4 CYOA.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4 CYOA.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Change Log:
-Added "Endings" section
-Replaced "Lone Wanderer" drawback with "Hate Newspapers" drawback
-Mental Block now moderately protects from psionics instead of slightly
>>
>>46139270
To give anon credit, thread can really spurge on some dumb shit at times. We get people who scream between buffs and nerfs, people who scream how everyone's a bunch of hypocrites, people who scream that a certain jump didn't offer certain powers, people who scream about meta, and more. Not a lot of motivation to put up with us, and it's amazing we have long-running jumpmakers as is. I can't tell if they enjoy it or are masochists.
>>
>>46139347
I'm talking about anon's attitude. He makes a lot of snipes at the thread, in general, everyone here, over the slightest thing without any prompting. For example, I don't feel like someone in a discussion bringing up a citation that clarifies things (one that didn't get any complaint afterwards, I might add) really justifies disparaging all of us like we're monsters.
>>
>>46139270
>Have you ever thought about maybe not hating people?
Hate is all I am anymore. Hate and caffeine.
>>
>>46139271
>As for losing the key, even if you do it comes back after a few minutes.
>Even assuming it's ever stolen and somehow the thief gets the idea to insert it into a random door and gets into your warehouse before it comes back to you (which is unlikely but admittedly not impossible), you can just put up a few murderbots or whatever to deal with intruders.

Well yeah I have a lot of shrinking stuff, from Marvel Harry Potter, and I built some recursive fractal bookshelves by stacking the bigger on the inside boxes from RWBY to store everything,Another thing I was worried about is what if I wound up in a setting with completely different kinds of doors that don't take that kind of key? As for stealing gardens and houses, I imagine using the Boon of Kronos to pack them up and move them to my animal Crossing village would work. For ships and other large items I converted an entire hangar bay on the LoT into a teleport pad, or I just have mother box scan it to a degree where they can replicate it.
>>
>>46139372
Wait, how do you know it's only one anon?
>>
>>46139347
>I can't tell if they enjoy it or are masochists.

It's gotta be masochism or some kind of mental disorder.
>>
>>46139347
What surprises me is that we are over 700 threads in and we still argue over the same shit and keep taking the same bait over and over again. It boggles the mind.
>>
>>46139341
This is Jumpable, but will be updated periodically as DLC/updates are released. I also won't upload it to the Drive until after Automatron comes out, and any modifications are made.

>>46139238
>Drop Ins

Well, they don't HAVE to be, but it's common enough and I feel as if it's a good fit.

>There's loads of ways to express an insatiable desire for power

True. The other Villain perks deal with that (sensing power in others, keikaku, stuff like that.)
>>
>>46139416
Similar tone, phrasing, and reactions.
>>
>>46139341
I rolled for it and I've successfully eaten Amazo, about what is the upper limit of the powers I can copy?
>>
>>46139401
After so many jumps you can probably access your warehouse at-will anyway, so the points spend on portal are more-or-less wasted.

You can easily be capable of just conjuring/transfiguring/enlarging a door of whatever size at need long before that unless you deliberately avoid all the magic jumps, so there's really no reason to spend 30 points on portal unless you want link for some godforsaken reason (it's easily replicated so it's just another waste of points imo).
>>
>>46139490
For me? It feels less like you are making a jump about the characters within the Earth's Mightiest Heroes series, and more like you are collecting powers that Jumpers(both the people writing up builds and the fictional beings) would want and putting some other stuff in it and calling it "Earth's Mightiest Heroes Jump." I would say aim towards stuff that the Villains actually do and accomplish, and away from "Villains are power-hungry, so I'll make abilities that give you all of your powers no matter what."
>>
>>46139633
I don't see why that would happen automatically without having taken portal, but my current idea to get a bigger portal is to reconfigure the portal gun from Rick and Morty to zap things through space to send them through the actual portal into the warehouse.
>>
>>46139490
>Well, they don't HAVE to be, but it's common enough and I feel as if it's a good fit.
I don't really see it as common. You've got many who treat drop-ins like outside context problems, but they have different ways of doing it. It's not always meta. I don't think it would bother me as much if that wasn't what you focused on so much.
>>
>>46139619
Fanwank it. We don't see him copy magical abilities, so I'd limit it to abilities that are biological in nature (that is, not powered by magic/ki/what have you). Also, keep in mind that Amazo could only use one powerset at a time.

>>46139693
Out of curiosity, what do you think the Villain Capstones should be?

>>46139820
It's three or four meta perks among the 40 or so regular perks that I have planned. I wouldn't really call that a focus.
>>
>>46139341
Fallout 4-
0/1600
Rolled for Quincy
Rolled for 23
Drop-in
Free Human
Free Crafter
Discount Scrapper
Discount Benevolent Leader
Discount Legend of the Wastes
SCIENCE!
Mechanist
Free Starting Gear
Medkit

All Roads+0(Keep Wild Wasteland!)
Survivor Mode+600
>>
>>46139693
>>46139820
It’s pretty damn common man. Everyone does drop-in different, but making them the meta background has been a thing forever. Besides, I don’t see that his jumps are overly meta, some perks are meta and some are not. Why are you so focused on this anyway? We have not even seen a WiP yet, calm thine tits.
>>
>>46138478
>There is no work around

If there was no work around you wouldn't have chosen it. You can get a companion with Vibe powers for one thing.
>>
>>46140028
>It's three or four meta perks among the 40 or so regular perks that I have planned. I wouldn't really call that a focus.
It's hard to tell when all you focus on is the meta perks in the threads. Let us know what else is going on, please.
>>
>>46140028
For one, I imagine an epic keikaku perk, things like Loki's great plan to manipulate all kinds of events and the Breakout to conquer the eight realms and nearly conquer Midgard, or how the Skrulls are capable of infiltrating and taking over specific people as part of a larger plan to convince the entire world to submit to them. A number of the villains in the series have long, complicated plans that they manage to pull off(until the Avengers stop them). As far as a second one... The only things that come to mind are Evil Science(something about mutations or more dangerous forms of science that require killing people), or a "Master of Evil" perk, that allows you to unite and align multiple villains into a organization and coordinate all of their movements despite the potential problems in having all of those egos in one place.
>>
File: W Dress.jpg (239 KB, 850x1208) Image search: [Google]
W Dress.jpg
239 KB, 850x1208
>>46138869
The peaceful days are over. Again.

Programmer: In the end, it was the code of a program that got everything to happen

Conquer your demon(200cp): Hear me. Join me. Let me help.
Tech Wizard: Rather than turn Shomonkai programming off, let's see how one'd go about subverting it to the benefit of yours truly. After all, most powerful demons in this game ARE summoned by COMPs...
Infernal Engine(100cp): Nifty and cheap. Has its uses, that's fur sure.
The Chessmaster(200cp): Useful. Gimme.
Jumper is a genius!(300cp): Replicating the server has been my project for quite a while. Let's make the real thing!
Bels and Whistles(800cp): Obligatory UNLIMITED POWER perk. What's to say?

Custom COMP: Magic(200cp): The higher my magic, the better my defense...? Hoo boy. That's pretty nice, you know?

And on the eighth day...: Extra plot? Of COURSE!
Bel on Earth: You guys are in so much trouble.
...The Lord let loose his wrath: That'll be fun... Especially since this one is Chaos path for me.
Morning Star(800): ...And this won't be. Fun, I mean.

~~~

...So! Cain's sister (Geez, that sounds weird), who also helped him create the program, while blissfully unaware of her past, nor Naoya's intentions for the thing.

And then all hell breaks loose. And so do my Bel roots.

This'll be a fun week.

As for Lucifer? Well, here's the thing - we know for a fact he can be beaten with nothing but in-jump tools. OOC perks just make this easier, don't they?~

That said, the usual palette probably does the trick - Drain, Holy Dance, Prayer, Phys Repel, Anti-Most... I love how at the certain point in the hero's leveling, if they can't kill you in one strike, they are utterly doomed.

And that's just the first game.

...Anyway. This was a delight to build. Many thanks.
>>
>>46140099
Vibe works only at very close range. Like literally have to be right on them, speed dampening formula could work. However more power the speedster less it seems to slow the target down. Reverse Flash was able to be slowed down but he still was kicking butt. Zoom was slowed down only very slightly.

It's not an auto lose situation, you're not going to find a way to cheese it. Seeing if you do, the next one becomes immune to what defeated the last. Your best bet is to gather friends and hope to beat the Speedster before you leave. Also hope the Speedster doesn't bring friends of it's own.
>>
[TwilightZoneGuyVoice] Now we journey to a different world. Where a man who in the world we know who was utterly devoted to Justice and Love would take a different path.[/TwilightZoneGuyVoice]

---------------------
Pokemon Universe-
0/1300
Rolled for Orre-Just.Fucking.Perfect
Rolled for 13
City Life
Out of Region Starter-Hoopa
Free Frerunning
Discount Technician
Discount Psionics
Aura

Marked+200
Silenced+100

Team-Hoopa, Gengar, Aegislash, Alakazam, Metagross, and Gallade
------------------------
Body Mod-
0/600
Average
Athlete
Free Dex(x2)
Free Speed(x2)
Free Flexibility 1
Sense 1
Appeal 2
Strength 2
Endurance 2
Shape 1
Evercleansed
------------------------
Warehouse-
0/150
Free Shelving
Free Space
Robots
Workshop
Medbay
Electricity
Local Net
ForceWall
Loft
------------------------
Infamous Universe-
0/1500
Drifter
Rolled for LA
Rolled for 19
Cryokinesis
Free Strength
Discount Toggle
Discount Energy Form
Durability
Stamina
Regen
Focus
Free Safe House
Biocapacitor
Bioconverter
Light Body Armor

Emotion+200
Listed+200
Disliked+100
------------------------

I'm starting a Second Chain everyone. I'm NOT abandoning my first chain, but this second one is more of a thought experiment. My first jumper was based off of myself, becoming the man I WANT to be. Someone devoted to doing the right thing, and capable of finding love. Moreover I took a number of very similar powers and ended up in a specific build.

This chain is going to be different. Instead of being based off of who I WANT to be, it's going to be if I followed the low road. Everything I loath about myself coming full force. But I'm also going to be intentionally doing a different build.
1/2
>>
>>46140660
For example my main build is heavily Melee focused. I will be, for the most part, avoiding Melee perks and items. There are other rules to it as well but I won't go into those.

Another thing is that I can NOT take perks for being a more approachable person. I can take perks that make me good looking, but no charm perks. No perks for being better with a group of people either. No companions.

I must ALWAYS take Drawbacks that include an "evil version of yourself". And finally. The order of this chain is completely random, come what may.
>>
>>46140028
if you get a power from another power like savage salvage can the amazo memory backup replicate that power as well?
>>
>>46140117
I'll talk about the other Capstones, then.

Pym's Protégé- You've mastered the Pym Particle; you can now synthesize Pym Particles, allowing you to change the size of objects and living organisms. You're also capable of improving upon the designs of Hank Pym; creating functional prisons at near microscopic size, for example. It's a bit unclear how exactly the Pym Particle works, but from what can be observed those that use it to shrink are reduced in size and weight but maintain the inertia of their fully sized form, making them capable of striking at full power when reduced in size.

Nine Realms Craftsman- You've learned the secrets of Asgardian and Dwarven craftsmanship, making you capable of crafting powerful magical items such as Mjolnir and the Bifrost, given tremendous effort, resources, and time. You can apply these principals towards modern technology as well, if you have the right know-how.

Fight as One- Fighting alongside your companions for so long has given you the ability to instinctually fight alongside each other; you have perfect awareness of what they're capable of, and how you can use their abilities in concert with each other and yourself to "combo" your attacks together in a way that increases the potency of each strike you make.

Finest Hour- When in great peril, when you're on the cusp of defeat... that's when your skills really shine through. You're capable of pushing your body and mind to the breaking point when you're backed into a corner, letting you solve your problems much easier- either with your fists, or with your mind.

Retcon Proof- Your existence is ensured; time travel cannot kill you or alter your history, and you are immune to supernatural effects that would result in your existence being erased or significantly altered.
>>
>>46140731
Sure.
>>
File: Sweets.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sweets.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>46137920
A Certain Scientific Railgun:

11 years old
Student 50
Clairvoyance
Slice of Life
Formal Training 150
Motivated 300
Doubled Growth Rate 600
Hard Science 900
Malleable Reality 1500
Companion Immigration 1600
Leeroy: Pyrokinesis
Micromanipulators
Accelerator Laugh 1500
Power Dampener 1300
Permanent Loli 1000

For some reason in anime settings I don't know anything there's a reasonable chance I end up as a little kid.

Rolled 8 and was suggested Clairvoyance. Also seems to be the weirdest option there and one of the few I don't have that much crossover with.

Took all the boosts for Esper stuff so that I know even more stuff about the things through walls I guess. Also Esper creation and training which is neat, that on top of Motivated and all the stuff from other settings and I'm a little kid running around answering the big scientific questions of the day, making stupid jokes, laughing like an idiot and being paid in sweets.

Imported Leeroy as I need someone to keep an eye on me. Bodyguard/secret agent to child-minder is a bit of a step down but I figure the Pyrokinesis probably makes it worth it. Probably.
>>
>>46140660

Isn't Hoopa a legendary pokemon?
>>
>>46140864
I've had the same problem: I always seem to roll absolute minimum or maximum on ages, whichever would be more inconvenient.
>>
>>46140912
Mythical actually. I mentioned the idea of making a second chain a few days ago and said I wanted to go the "classic" route with Pokemon. That is to say, only focusing on one or two Types.
My favorite Types are Ghost and Psychic. This leads to a problem, because Hoopa is the ONLY Ghost/Psychic pokemon. Someone suggested buying him as an "out of region" because he's Mythical, not Legendary.

Apparently later Generations made a distinction between the two. I have no idea.
>>
>>46140745
Those are better, but this still feels a lot like you're just offering the things Marvel refused to.
>>
>>46141012
Here's the dumb part of you defending Marvel so much:

That jump was made early thread when everything was enforced low power. Complaining that his jump is more high power is complaining that the thread is different. It's foolish, and a lost cause, and Marvel was intentionally made a weak low-powered jump. There's nothing wrong with making this one differently, and your complaints are ill-founded.
>>
>>46141012
This feels like shitstorm material waiting to spark? But I'm agreeing with this guy.
>>
>>46141070
See >>46141068

Your complaints just to have little to do with any substance beyond "I want him to be just like Marvel and make this jump to the standards of another time and doing any differently is evil and wrong."
>>
>>46140969

Aren't mythical pokemon those even more legendary than legendary pokemon?

You know stuff like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Arceus and similar pokemon.
>>
>>46141137
One of these things is not like the other...

Those first three are the weak legendaries with stat totals lower than pseudo-legends. They're mythical pokemon, also sometimes called 'pixies'.
>>
>>46141137
Dude, what part of "I have no idea" don't you get?
I just followed someone else's suggestion. I have no idea what a Mythical pokemon is or what the difference is between them and Legendaries.
>>
>>46141180
BST of 600 I believe, usually only obtainable from an event and not in-game.

You can capture a legend though, people saying it's impossible are just being anal. There are people in the anime who show up with an entire party of legendaries.
>>
>>46141205
Then whatever. My starter is another of my team who's out of region and my build is the same.
>>
>>46141162

Bulbapedia has all four listed as mythical pokemon.

Do you have an alternative list?
>>
>>46140745
I think these are better, beyond offering full Asgardian crafting for 600cp(300cp) discounted, which is really powerful especially if you are going "You can make more Mjolnirs". I would feel better about it if it was non-discounted 600cp, and a Robot/Power-Armor building perk was the capstone instead.
>>
>>46135329
What is jumpchain?
>>
>>46141269
It's Mew, Celebir, Jirachi, Manaphy, maybe Phione, Shaymin, maybe Victini, maybe Keldeo, Meloetta, Diancie, Hoopa.
>>
>>46141279
I might make keep the price the same, but offer it as a discount for Asgardians rather than for a background.
>>
>>46141269
Oh wait, I see your issue.

Bulbapedia conflates 'mythical' with 'event'. Mythical is just another by-term for the formerly known pixie style pokemon. The Mew-likes. Bulbapedia thinks ALL pokemon that are event-only are mythical. Bulbapedia is wrong.
>>
>>46141384
it's a format for choose your own adventure modules in which each module builds upon the previous ones.
>>
>>46141411

I kind of basically first learned about the mythical pokemon term from using that sites legendary pokemon page to figure out what to roll for if I took hunted (which usually resulted in me getting an 'I'm not surviving this') result.

So I've kind of been going with the definition of 'what this page lists as mythic pokemon'.

So basically it's the Mew and Mew-expy category?
>>
>>46140959
Well in this one I took the kid drawback, admittedly it was in part as I was going to be 11 anyway to start with. Was a choice between either growing up or getting 300 CP.
>>
>>46141393
How expensive is being an Asgardian?
>>
>>46141756
Somewhere around 400-600 CP, probably.
>>
>>46141867
Then that seems fair.
>>
>>46141867
Does Asgardian come with a free accent?
>>
>>46141384

A miserable pile of drawbacks.
>>
>>46141557
More or less. Pixie used to be the fan term before Gen IV introduced Uxie, Mespirit, and Azelf who have the same 'pixie' look while actually being the legendary trio.
>>
Ok, say you have a robotic alt form and you take the perk This is, in fact, my final form. How the hell would that work with gourmet cells?
>>
File: 1380166277994.jpg (56 KB, 466x358) Image search: [Google]
1380166277994.jpg
56 KB, 466x358
>>46141756
Will there be any other race options?
Such as Makluan.It's a race of highly advanced dragon people. I like tech and I like dragons. So It kinda fits really. Same race as Fin Fang Foom and I think the tech behind the Manderins power...
>>
>>46141995
Woops wrong post... Meant to link to this one >>46141393
>>
>>46141985
Hungry hungry nanomachines?
>>
>>46141985
Robots can be made of cells?
>>
File: whatisdig.gif (44 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
whatisdig.gif
44 KB, 500x320
>>46141384
Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more.
>>
>>46141995
Are they naturally fat too?
>>
>>46140660
Swat Kats Universe-
0/1600
Rolled for 28
Villain
Free Rockin' Music
Free Maniacal Laugh
Discount Think of the Profit!
Discount Crazy Theme, The Flesh
Discount To Crime Another Day
Scrapyard Skills
Free Origin Outfit
Free City Map
Scrapyard
Lair

Loser+100
Inadequate Steele+200
Attack of the 50 Foot Whatever+300

Time to be the most hated man in the city. Joy of fucking joys.
>>
File: pants3.jpg (153 KB, 620x953) Image search: [Google]
pants3.jpg
153 KB, 620x953
>>46142080
I wouldn't say so.
>>
>>46141985
Fanwank it as being part cyborg?
>>
>>46137738
So, it's basically 'Drain No'?
>>
>>46141985

Through the ancient mystical art of fictional nonsensical robot magic.

For example Jet Jaguar from Godzilla reprograming itself to turn into a kaiju, Megaman robots apparently having robot DNA in additional to all their other this looks like magic stuff, and other such nonsense.
>>
>>46137738
This is honestly personal taste but I find the idea of absolute defense against X, where X being a typically strong trait to be iffy design at best and horrible at worst. I mean remember the entire deal about "Swords Can Be Wings" from Symphogear in its initial presentation? Its pretty much the same initial idea except for what it resists and the overall reaction to it
>>
File: 1407798400575.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1407798400575.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>46142080
SHUT UP FIN FANG FOOM'S A SPECIAL CASE OF FATASS

>>46142129
Lewd as fuck
I think this is the mentally handicapped clone one from an AU. I cannot for the life of me remember. So many variants of fin fang foom. I remember one where his whole race gets wiped out while he was in cryostasis, another where he's just a B grade villain who finally went hero when he really pondered his place in the world.
>>
>>46142129
Where is that image from?
>>
File: how to jumpchain.png (2 MB, 2133x3845) Image search: [Google]
how to jumpchain.png
2 MB, 2133x3845
>>46141384
>>
>>46142196
>This is honestly personal taste
Then keep it in your fucking yap and don't mouth it off.
>>
>>46142198
And yet, Fin Fang Foom is far thinner than you.
>>
>>46142129
So I'm guessing their race does not usually mate with piles of nuclear waste?
>>
>>46142263
>someone shares opinion
>"fuck off"
Wow, rude.
>>
>>46142292
He's advocating more stupid fucking nerfs.

Of course I'll tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>46142309
Not a reason to be rude.
>>
>>46142196
Resistances are still useless.
>>
>>46142309
Why don't you fuck off? You're so boring - any time anyone has any opinions on power, you start screaming like an autistic ten year old.
>>
>>46142309
So you're mad because he's daring to give an opinion? The guy has a point, people brought up all kinds of shit over the Symphogear perk, and the EMH jump's perk isn't looking different. It's a legit comment.

Reacting to everything with "it's a stupid nerf" just seems close minded.
>>
File: elsa06.jpg (234 KB, 584x899) Image search: [Google]
elsa06.jpg
234 KB, 584x899
>>46142198
>>46142234
Nextwave, and the only picture of Fin Fang Foom on my computer.

I'm not sure how canon it is, aside from "It's-totally-not-canon but we're going to talk about it any time these characters show up" category it was in for a little while after release.
>>
>>46142081
Castlevania Universe-
0/1600
Rolled for Dawn of the Legend
Witch
Free Arcane Secrets(Runecraft)
Discount Alchemy
Discount Duel Art
Power of Dominance
Acrobatics
Discount Ancient Book(Ice)
Crystal Heart

Enchanted Banquet+200
Lone Challenger+200
Bloody Tears+200

So I've gotta kill this pompous asshole, and everyone hates me again, and the monsters are all dicks, and I have Ice Magic.

Great.
>>
>>46142443

It's canon - but took place in another Earth.

So whatshername, Marvel or Spectrum or whatever, was transported there, Nextwave happened, and when she found her way back had a lot of crazy stories that nobody believed and thought she was going insane.
>>
>>46142852
Did the other members of Nextwave wind up there, too? Because I know Aaron Stack was acting a lot like his Nextwave self for a while.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.