[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your last session...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
>Our party comes across a clear Zatochi expy
>his eyes are dull grey, he is completely blind
>When he challenges our fighter to a duel he's wiping the floor with him
>this guy, despite being blind, is still a complete beast on the battlefield and is able to hold our best fighter down
>Suddenly: the Cleric goes:
>"I cast Remove Blindness!"
>He beats his touch AC
>The fucker fails fortitude
>The DM describes: "MY GOD... I CAN SEE! THIS... THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN MISSING? IS THIS THE SKY? IS THIS GRASS? IS THIS REALLY COLOR? MY GOD..."
>The DM considers this an attack of opportunity for the fighter.
>The fighter rolls a critical hit and is able to drop him to -15 HP on that single attack.
>TFW we restored a blind swordsmans sight just long enough for him to marvel at the world before we kill him.

So how did your last session go?
>>
>>46130187
I failed to hit a chicken that was at my feet and ended up chopping off one of my toes.

So that was pretty fun. Of course if I lose another toe I'll be taking a dex penalty, so that's not fun.
>>
>>46130287

Why would you be taking Dex Penalties for losing toes?

Maybe if it was only for running/acrobatic type stuff and even then after some downtime the GM should let you remove some of those penalties by learning to adjust to your new feet properly.
>>
>>46130345
Because you lose quite a bit of balance when you lose a few of your toes.

It's really only for losing some AC since I literally don't have any skills that use Dex that I put points into.
>>
File: 1458144160189.jpg (104 KB, 735x1088) Image search: [Google]
1458144160189.jpg
104 KB, 735x1088
I CHALLENGE you to find me an RPG where the cons of blindness are outweighed by the endless immunity's and advantages of having no sight.

For instance, consider the reduced blindfighting penaltys that come with practice, combined with immunity to basilisks, medusae and similar from D&D.

If were were trying to game the system, and I found myself in an RPG,
first fucking thing I do is tear out both my eyes and start learning to do without.

With a little bit of gold or a alter-self (bat-sonar) all possible disadvantages can soon be over come.
>>
>>46130187
What system has a specific spell for removing blindness? How often does that come up?
>>
>>46131117

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/r/remove-blindness-deafness
>>
>>46131117
It mostly exists because blind/deafness is a 2nd level spell
>>
>>46130187

I duelled a Quarren Force Sensitive with lightsabers and would have died if not for the rest of the group and an NPC.

Our GM is a relentless human.
>>
>>46130187
>Stars Without Number
>Crew is a 5' 2" asian chick, an ex-merc, a systems technician who's doing all this to set his family up with a better life, and a space cowboy pilot
>Previous session, we all found out that some guy we'd never met left us all a free merchant class ship (the "Sea Slug") in his will, and also salvaged a small shuttle from some pirate assholes that we'd killed on the bus ride over
>Space cowboy gets ahold of one of his black market contacts, a "Mr. Cheng" and arranges to sell the shuttle, as we don't really need it
>He tries to shortsell us, but we talk him up to a more agreeable price
>Later sends his granddaughter along with some goons to pick up the shuttle and drop off some "humanitarian aid" cargo for us to deliver one system over
>Do some shopping, and jump into FTL afterward
>Get a message from Cheng the moment we return to real-space, apparently something happened, and he wants us to drop the goods on a different planet
>Pilot is annoyed, but we agree when Cheng offers another 10k on delivery
>Jump is uneventful, but we have to refuel
>Fuel station is kind of dingy, basically just a bar, diner, and docking bay
>Run into a fairly famous explorer in the diner, and merc decides to talk to him
>He's almost annoyed when he acts like he didn't recognise him immediately, but stutters out some weak flirting attempts when asian chick comes over
>Eventually leave him in peace, asian chick leaves him her number and he becomes a stuttering mess
Continue?
>>
>>46130187
Just the bullet points
>Refugees in a floating city
>looking for the uncle of couple of kids that travelled here with us and have gone missing, also trying to hide the fact that we killed a couple of corrupt guards in an alley on like our second day after arriving, plus some other lesser crimes
>Sorcerer has been wild surged into a potted plant, eventually comes around and refuses to admit it happened
>investigate a temple that considers fish holy and that people should try become more fish like (including trials of walking over a spiky floor because fish don't have feet and dunking your head into water until you almost drown)
>rest of the party plays along, my one armed half orc bard thinks its fucking stupid and runs out, finds some guys spying them and chases them down an alley
>rest of the party catches up, interrogation, plot plot plot
>we get a ransom demand from local crime ring, saying they have the missing kids uncle and if we don't show he's dead
>we show (after a very awkward attempt at secretly contacting a kind of friendly detective)
>crime boss and thugs tell us we're going to work for them now, drag in captured detective and say our first job is to kill him
>my half orc grabs his broken oar club like he's going to go along with it and then turns and cracks open the crime bosses skull (he was just an old guy, one hit kill)
>fight fight fight
>win, explore, find a bunch of rigged ballots for the upcoming election
>detective thanks us, eventually we crack and come clean that we killed a couple of guards then had the druid turn into a giant toad and swallow the bodies to hide the evidence (she threw it up later, it wasn't pretty)
>detective agrees to let that slide because we saved his life but we're on our own now
>still haven't found uncle

It was a good time.
>>
>>46130187
>Playing Pixie-fairy mage
>Party is in trouble
>Could stay safe, but fuck it
>Try overcharging a sleep spell
>Lolnope.png
>Spell volatility literally off of the charts
>Permanently lose 6 HP
>Have 5 HP
>Explode in cloud of glitter
>GM rules shiny thing I picked up earlier Deus Ex Machina'd the opponents as it cracked on the ground
>Roll up new character and spend an hour dicking around in a network of caves with the rest of the party
>Said party being a stupid yet more prone to making sense than the others Gnoll, a sleazy Gnome/Hobbit rogue, and a halfling who's steadily falling apart, limb by limb
>Rolled up a Savage Elf assassin
>Took Skinning, Leatherworking, Carpentry, Taxidermy, Torture, First Aid and specialization in daggers

I'm still not sure I *like* Hackmaster, but I suppose it's growing on me.
>>
>>46130187
> Our Master had been captured
> Group of Sith Acolytes took him
> After a daring space battle my group board
> fight our way through numerous mercenaries and occasionally come across the Sith Acolytes in command room
> Master in middle of the room, bound and gagged
> me and my two other fellow Jedi padawans battle the group of 5 Acolytes
> final Acolyte and I are the last to clash
> proceed to have hectic lightsaber duel which ended with me having him on his knees
> I have a yellow tinge in my iris
> Sith Acolyte manipulates me into killing him
> Master notices
> Game ended when we freed Master and he attempted to kill me, thus forcing me to force push him out of the window into space

So yeah I'm now on the run my my gm is now running completely different games for me and the other two. Both are intertwining and its apparently going to join again during major points in the story. So I'm pretty pumped for up coming games
>>
>>46131865

didn't realize 5'2" asian girl is a class in swn
>>
>>46130873
All Flesh Must Be Eaten. Fuck it, almost any of the Unisystem games.
Spycraft, any edition.
Shadowrun, definitely 2nd but any edition I think. Need those cybereyes, chummer.
Warhammer Fantasy, especially if your GM is alert to the fact that you can't SEE mindbending horror but you sure as shit will be experiencing it a lot.
BRP based games, including Call of Cthulu. Yeah yeah, you can't read the magic fuck-the-world scroll by accident, but enjoy never being sure you're not in a room with a shoggoth for the rest of your life. Also, you have no respite from sanity-blasting music, etc.
GURPS - though this is highly dependant on the exact spread of rules made available by the DM. Even bought at chargen that shit is never worth the points.
>>
File: Zatoichi-Laughs.jpg (31 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Zatoichi-Laughs.jpg
31 KB, 600x338
>>46130187

>Zatoichi's blindness is cured
>he doesn't notice at first because he keeps his eyes closed most of the time
>kills everyone and moves on
>notices his sight is back a few hours later as a pleasant surprise
>>
We flung a vampire into the Great Maw, finally ending its miserable existence.
>>
>>46135260
>All Flesh Must Be Eaten.
>take Blindness
>take that Danger Sense quality from Dungeons & Zombies
>take Telemetry from Terra Primate/All Tomorrow's Zombie
>become walking alarm system/spycam
>>
>Enter arena with bro monk.
>Get a CR7 encounter.
>Monk nearly dies.
>kill CR7 enemy.
>Me and Monk bro get to level.
>Rest of party gets appropriate encounters.
>They don't get to level.
>Good session.
>>
>>46130873
Anima: Beyond Fantasy.
Unless you invest heavily in a workaround for it(Telepathy psychic, Detection Mage, Bullshit-high Notice/Search/Ki Detection), that -90 to ANY rolls involving sight is going to bite you hard, and most GET FUCKED abilities on monsters are not based around sight, so double fuck you.
Though that 2 Creation Point bonus for taking it can be used for some good Advantages.
>>
>>46130873
I'd say not being able to read or see where you're going beyond the limits of your blindsense or whatever equivalent is going to be a problem more often than running into the occasional gaze attack.
>>
File: avgn.gif (578 KB, 150x136) Image search: [Google]
avgn.gif
578 KB, 150x136
>>46136012
>Throw together supernatural abilities from two different, conflicting source books.
>"What do you mean my character doesn't fit with your Walking Dead homage?"
It's not strictly forbidden by the RAW, but it's about as likely to fly as Pun-Pun or the planet-cracker guy in D&D.
Also, the blindness doesn't CAUSE the improvements, and barely pays for them, and you'd be even more effective if you had those powers and weren't blind.
>>
>>46130187
>Not!Europe 5e campaign
>After reclaiming magic sword from desert bandits through CE Rogue going AWOO AND TEAR, and participating the running of the Minotaurs in Not!Barcelona(where the CN Halfling Bard 20'd one of the Minotaurs into our group as an NPC), we set out for Not!England.
>LG Dwarf Paladins and CN Wood Elf Ranger(Fucking NoFunAllowed Snitch) ride their recently-acquired carraige, while Rogue, Minotaur, and CN/CE Patrician SorcererLock(Yours truly) ride the train, getting to the Not!French port a day before them.
>Hop a ferry across the channel, realize we have a day to wait.
>Go to bar, everything is, true to Not!English form, boiled to flavorlessness.
>Everything except the Whisky.
>I pay for the Minotaur's drinks.
>80 Gold later, the bar has to shut down because no more liquor. Paladins and Elf encounter three VERY hung-over idiots when they make landfall.
>Travel to !London to the Adventurers' Guild there. Turns out they have a quest to help people settle Not!Ireland, need protecting from Giants and Fey.
>Link up with settlers. Upon reaching Not!Ireland, rogue decides "Fuck helping land" and builds a sandcastle. Minotaur just carries landing boats to shore. Sorcerer sets Unseen Servant to build a sand castle to outshine Rogue's, also considers(Internally) possibilities of making a deal or two with the fey.
And that's where we ended session.
>>
>In a dimension-hopper PF campaign, we use so many houserules it's actually less painful to play
>In the dimension we're currently in, the main world's timeline is different due to some insurrectionists with impossible technology winning a revolution and creating a united federation with insanely advanced - literally modern technology
>Further enhanced by a magic-insulating supermaterial
>Have to save a guy's buddy to start a rebellion, due to those in power being pretty fucking evil - one being the child of the BBEG who started the insurrection
>Plan is to reach the fort he's being held, and disable three generators simultaneously in order to break in
>Sneak in through a sewer to a cliff-face, if we paid more attention the four people who'd break off could've just hopped over those fences immediately and had an easier job
>First three make it down fine, due to all being light/medium armored and dextrous
>Fourth is, well...
>Dude's basically a male valkyrie in heavy as fuck armor
>He attempts to climb down, falls and makes a banging mess because lel fullplate
>Guard goes to investigate
>After some three stooges-tier events, shit goes down the drain fast, we're getting shot at all over
>My character, a gunslinger from a dimension that's far enough down along the timeline that she's actually quite aware of technology, even owning a motorcycle, ends up taking cover behind a truck
>Realize it's a fucking truck
>Proceed to climb into the truck
>Roll to see if there's keys
>Somehow manage to succeed
>Immediately turn the truck on, barrel into the fucking fort - everyone has the same round I'm moving to leap on, it's all gone to shit
>The truck makes it 90 feet befoer it's already riddled with bullet holes and is on fire
>Still manage to make it into the fort as the doors open
>A car tries crashing into us in order to stop us
>This truck is twice as big and going at full speed, and only slows us down
>My gunner decides to flood the engine and keep it moving
(One more post)
>>
>>46137790
>As the truck keeps pushing and the engine is flooded to shit with fuel, she leaps out
>Truck bursts into flames, killing the driver of the kart. I think it's a kart, it looked like one but had guns on it.
>3/5 of party decides to break in by busting in through a window - starting with the heavily armored fuck
>Two just jump in regularly
>Third, our tengu brawler, decides to leap up towards the nearby lamppost, swing from it, and dropkick a fucker into a wall
>They ended up in the break room
>Our intimidation/debuff/buff-centric Swashbuckler forces two of the guards there to move an air hockey table that happened to be in the room
>Me and the last party member, a samurai/vigilante dude with cool shades break in through the front, manage to kick enough ass to get an answer as to if the prisoner was there
>He wasn't, they picked him up in an armored vehicle in order to take him to a well-defended fort-town about five hours prior
>We caused wanton panic and collateral damage for nothing
>Leave calmly, steal some keys, give justice-man a motorcycle and a quick tutorial on how to drive it while also taking keys for a fucking APC that was there
>Drive off to intercept the convoy that took him
Apparently we're having a chase next session. I don't know what to expect.
>>
File: Drebin.gif (963 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Drebin.gif
963 KB, 360x240
>>46130187
>Having witnessed the governor brutally murdered with a chisel as his city is overrun by rioting mobs, turncoat guardsmen and the occasional undead wyvern, most of the party decided to get out of dodge.

>Flamboyant and undisputed Party Leader ignored all attempts at dissuading him and decided to "finish this once and for all" by taking on the big bad solo.
>Heartfelt goodbyes, a few actual tears, which I think is a first for me as a GM...
>The Big Bad hadn't had the decency to stick around, and instead left five level 15 full casters characters to deal with this solitary level 9.
>In a somewhat epic struggle he got in close and tore through three of them before the Silent Prophet put an end to him.

>Party Nerd asks his secret demon buddy to kill every follower of the faith behind this religious coup
>ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
>Starts hallucinating wildly about a hot dry desert, pulling apart "mangoes" and breaking open "coconuts" to drink their sweet sweet innards while his brother forces the demon controlling him to a showdown mid-bloodbath.
>Party Nerd is reduced to -9 by his own flesh and blood, miraculously stabilises despite 90% chance of death.

>Everyone else teleports to safety with the help of a previous mortal enemy.
>It remains to be seen whether they'll even attempt some payback or how they'll go about it, but I now have to wait four months of hiatus to find out!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.