[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened with Chapter Master: the vidya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: What_kind_of_heresy_is_this.jpg (28 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
What_kind_of_heresy_is_this.jpg
28 KB, 800x800
What happened with Chapter Master: the vidya?
>>
Copyright claim.
>>
>>46121290
In the dull blandness of the second millenium, there is Only C&D
>>
>>46121290
games workshop did what they do to every 40k fangame
>>
>>46121320
I will laugh if Games Workshop ends up doing it to a game that they licensed.
>>
>>46121309
>>46121320
I remember that the original dev released the source code.
Also, another fag claimed that he was rewriting it on C++.
>>
>>46121290
Is this a new meme? Trying to force chapter master threads? You've had these same threads like five times in as many days.
>>
>>46121702
I didn't know.
I'm not a /tg/ regular, but someone rec'd me to play Chapter Master. I was reading the 1d4chan page but those pages are often outdated, so i wanted some updated info.
Sorry if that bothered you, man.
>>
tl;dr: Duke got C&D'd, released source code, some bay12 guys are cleaning/fixing it for several months, I am attempting to write a new core engine for it but super fucking slowly.

Tangible progress on any of the above so far: 0%.
Check back later.
>>
>>46121290

C&D has been ordered by the corpse god GW. Duke is kill.

The center has fallen and now there is only darkness.
>>
I love CA and total war, and am lookin forward to the new warhammer total war.
But could GW find someone to make a chapter master like game? Paradox maybe? Its such a cool concept, and its so simple.
>>
>>46125918
They have licensed a 40k choose your own adventure book (http://store.steampowered.com/app/389850/). So I'd be surprised if they refuse to license something like chapter master. However GW doesn't go looking for developers. They wait for people to come to them with an idea.

So if you want a GW approved chapter master, you need to find a developer willing to go through the cost and effort to propose the idea to GW and get permission to run a Kickstarter for it.
>>
>>46121751
>1d4chan
Utter cancer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.