[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal Card Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Killer Whale - 001.png (853 KB, 698x1030) Image search: [Google]
Killer Whale - 001.png
853 KB, 698x1030
I want to make an animal battle card game, bros.

Not a TCG, but a game that comes complete.

Your creatures could be animals. All the cards could be in a pool that either player can draw from like monopoly money (like 10 or 20 of each or something).

Plants could be your support cards, and weather / environmental shifts could be action cards or scenario cards or something?

Their summoning requirements could be a card based on their natural environment and you need so many cards to place certain creatures based on their Rank. (MAX would be something like Tyrannosaurus might be Rank 5, a Lion might be 3, a cat 2, and small creatures like mice and insects 1. Microscopic / single-celled organisms would be level 0 and MAYBE there would be a level 6 for "mystic" animals like dragons? Pls no bully, just spitballing.

Animals would battle, each animal attacking once a turn, attacking first based on the highest Speed stat (with a tiebreaker in speed coming from Agility and then Intelligence, but I'll elaborate on each stats' individual functions in a sec).

Any interest in this, lads? Will post more.
>>
>Durability
Simply health. Damage taken = (Strength of attacker - Endurance of receiver). Animal is sent to the discard pile if it dies. If an animal successfully defeats another, that defeated animals total Durability could be added to the attacker's health or something maybe?

>Strength
Attacking power. Must be a higher number than opponent's Endurance or that animal cannot damage that animal.

>Endurance
How much gets subtracted from your opponent's attack damage.

>Speed
Highest number goes first (tiebreakers then compare Agility, a tie in Agility, compare Intelligence).

>Agility
I haven't thought of exactly what Agility might function like. I was thinking how easily an animal is hit, like the further apart an attacker's Speed is from opponent's Agility, would determine the likelihood of a successful hit. This stat could be dumped entirely, I was just playing around with ideas.

>Intelligence
I think Intelligence could function towards support cards or weather / environment cards. Like if there was a "Drought" action card, "Kill all animals with an Intelligence less that 10" or something, smart animals could survive and adapt, I dunno.
>>
>>46109915
Would the platypus be rank 2 or 6?
>>
>>46109941
Probably 2, but Rank is basically an indicator of how useful an Animal is, and would limit how easily that Animal could be summoned. Like a Platypus-sized animal might only be a Rank 2, but lets say one of its Effects was that it Poisons on contact, then it might have to be bumped up to Rank 3 for balance reasons.
>>
>>46109986
Poison, burrowing, the ability to see electricity, swimming... and also platypuses are fucking adorable
>>
I think to give the game some flow and balance, Rank should also limit what Animals can engage eachother (unless otherwise specified by a special effect) e.g. a Tyrannosaurus (Rank 5) would only be able to battle Rank 4 and 5 animals, since 3 or lower would be too small.

This would also limit how broken a strong Animal like that would be, and create deviated factions across the field (Rank 5's duking it out with eachother while Rank 2s and 3s fight their own battles).

But Rank 0 can harm any Rank or something to make up for how weak they are and would almost completely be based on their special effects.
>>
>>46109999
Yeah I can fuck with plated pussies also.
>9999
>>
File: 1378092331536.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1378092331536.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
Should I go on? Does anyone care? Any input?
>>
bump? working on another card because I have nothing better to do with my life
>>
>>46110072
>>46110116
I say mock up a few more and come back to us. Preferably at a more active time.
I definitely like the idea though. But it might be prudent to simplify the game down a bit if you intend to try and market it. Since, due to the content, you might get shoehorned into marketing towards a younger audience
>>
>>46110154
About to finish another.

No idea when this board's fast hours are. I thought I'd try during real nigga hours.

Maybe the thread will still be up tomorrow.
>>
>>46109915
You should put animal facts in there as flavor text.
>>
>>46110415
I was thinking that. I sort of did with the size, as that really has nothing to do with the game. Maybe I'll change up the format and add flavor if there's enough interest ITT.

Almost done with this other card.
>>
File: Platypus - 002.png (1 MB, 696x1020) Image search: [Google]
Platypus - 002.png
1 MB, 696x1020
Alright. For you, friendo.
>>
I was thinking a player would only be able to use a set number of Environment cards, so you could choose 3 or 4 of a bunch of Environments and swarm the field with low-ranked animals, or only have 1 or 2 environments and only use heavy hitting dinosaur tier animals.

Thoughts?
>>
>3 posters
n-not a bad thread amirite
>>
File: flaxwildanimals.jpg (86 KB, 374x500) Image search: [Google]
flaxwildanimals.jpg
86 KB, 374x500
>>46109915
I take it you never played Flax growing up?
Good inspiration for this.
>>
>>46110962
Oh no shit. I'll look into it. Never played it though.

I do like the actual MPH factoring into the gameplay rather than some arbitrary tabletop power level number.
>>
File: T-Rex - 003.png (1 MB, 703x1051) Image search: [Google]
T-Rex - 003.png
1 MB, 703x1051
Should I stop making these and change up the format to change Speed to M/KPH and leave a space for flavor text?
>>
>>46110154
>if you intend to try and market it
I honestly would be satisfied if my bros here would just be able to play and enjoy a neat game, I dunno.

If sold as a set like a boardgame and not a TCG/CCG, I could see it being marketed toward adults, or maybe older kids (10-13).
>>
>>46110519
>Either land or water
That's a pretty gud defense, and a good way to represent amphibious animals like hippos, crocodiles, and otters.
I take it burrowing animals like Rabbits or Meerkats would have an ability to bypass enemy lines?
Honestly, I can see how this would work in terms of Deck Construction Game, and I'm interested.
>>
>>46110715
It's before dawn in America on a Saturday morning, give it some slack.
>>
>>46111374
Right?

I can't decide though if Land and Water creature matchups should be mutually exclusive unless an effect dictates otherwise or whether any animal can attack any animal.

Like, should flying animals going to be immune to land-based animal attacks?

Or should Agility be doubled when flying or water animals fight land animals. That makes land animals pretty gimped though. Looking at orcas already, its effect seems pretty OP.
>>
OP here. Already on page 7. I'll let it 404 and remake it tonight at 11ish for more discussion and input.
>>
this is fukken cool.

i would suggest adding keywords to the abilities to give them some flavor, like for the t-rex call his first ability "charge" and the third ability "feast" just my autistic input
>>
>>46109915
Win-Dixie already started one
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.