[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favourite systems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1439423736266.jpg (310 KB, 991x702) Image search: [Google]
1439423736266.jpg
310 KB, 991x702
So what would your favourite RPG to play in an ideal world? With the magic number of excellent players,each of whom are the perfect balance (for your tastes) as far as RPing and mechanics go, as well as a master DM who always has engaging storylines and likeable NPCs but still gives you plenty of room to free form?

And then what is your favourite RPG for playing in the real world, with your average flawed but not completely hopeless players and DMs?
>>
>>46107630
FATAL

Nah, I kid. I don't really have a personal favorite game, because I've got a large number under my belt and a group that's willing to just not show up to games they don't like, meaning that I get between 8 to 4 people depending on the game, so I can't really count on anything.

I'm running Degenesis and it's cool so far. One of our two only really clever players is playing a stupid Anabaptist (and pulling it off very well), and the other is playing a Neolibyan (and getting dumps taken on him by everyone else on account of not being at all into combat and having waaay too much money for his own good).
>>
>>46107630
shadowrun 4th ed in a perfect world, legend of the five ring 4th ed in realsies
>>
Fate Core and GUMSHOE are the only systems I care about anymore, though I'm itching to give Dramasystem and Powered By The Apocalypse a shot.

Chronicles of Darkness isn't a good shstem, but some of the games within it are neat.
>>
>>46108942
Every time I played SR4 my players min-maxed the hell out of it.

I got revenge when one of my players took the GM reins for a game. Me and one of the other players built entirely reasonable human beings and sold everyone out to the megacorps; my character was incensed at the death toll of the (attempted) actions and his character wanted the money.

I've always wanted to run L5R, but my players are too ADD to get enough into it to play.
>>
>>46107630
>Perfect
ORE, Better Angels

>Real world
ORE, but Reign instead
>>
For me it'd be either Shadowrun (haven't ever had a chance to play so not going get into edition wars) or Black Crusade in a perfect world.

In the real world, D&D 5e actually serves me pretty well. Used to enjoy Champions with the Hero System, but that means a big slog through character creation for the players who don't grasp the system as well.
>>
>>46107630
>Want
Ironclaw
>Have
3.PF / 5e
>>
>>46113144
Mind you 3.PF is mostly out of fuzzy nostalgia, ideally played with ugly speckled dice. It's not the best but it's pretty good when you're experienced with it, like most systems.
>>
>>46113181
For all of its flaws I think PF/3.5 would be good with an ideal group. There's so many options for odd and interesting builds and if you could rely people not to be dicks you could make a truly unique party.
>>
File: main-fragged[1].jpg (110 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
main-fragged[1].jpg
110 KB, 640x480
>>46108914
I was so close to getting Degenesis today, but ordered a copy of Fragged Empire instead just as I was about to hit the checkout.
It's my first TTRPG. I really hope I didn't fuck up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.