[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The stereotypical dwarf weapons are axes and hammers. For elves,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 2.jpg (95 KB, 504x652) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
95 KB, 504x652
The stereotypical dwarf weapons are axes and hammers. For elves, it's bows and swords. What is it for humans, halflings, and gnomes?
>>
>>46093440
>humans
All of them, because humans don't overspeicalize.
>halflings
Spears and slings, to stab tall things and to get crits on giants.
>gnomes
Blowpipes and 'improvised.'
>>
humans are generally depicted with either swords (for heroes) or spears (for mooks).

the most (only) famous halflings in media are the hobbits in LotR, who mostly use shortswords, but are also famous for throwing rocks.

no one cares about gnomes.
>>
How about Orcs, Trolls, and Goblins?
>>
>>46093515
Sticks and larger sticks. Maybe even sticks with a stone on it.
>>
>>46093515
>Orcs
Clubs
>Trolls
Bigger clubs
>Goblins
A stick or rock. A stick with a rock tied to it if they're particularly smart goblins.
>>
>>46093515
Trolls wield Orcs, Orcs wield Goblins, Goblins wield planks with nails hammered through them.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>46093500
>spears (for mooks)
>>
>>46093547
>>46093515
Orcs are obviously axes.
>>
What would be the iconic weapons as technology advances for each race?

I could see elves liking Cavalry Sabers and Rifles over muskets once it reaches something a bit more Napoleonic.
>>
>>46093515
>trolls
Clubs
>goblins
Daggers
>>
Swords not words
>>
File: Soldier_in_the_Back_Alley.png (100 KB, 814x408) Image search: [Google]
Soldier_in_the_Back_Alley.png
100 KB, 814x408
>>46093560
what of it?

take zelda for example (your image). hero uses sword, ordinary soldiers use spears. it's not always that way but that's the general picture.
>>
>>46093560

Go be a side character somewhere else
>>
>>46093581
Dwarves use the blunderbus, then the shotgun.
>>
>>46093581
I could see Orcs using cannons a lot, seems their style, especialyl since most of the time they're raiding castles and shit.

Otherwise they'd probably stay melee.
>>
File: Griffin Hussar.jpg (117 KB, 640x459) Image search: [Google]
Griffin Hussar.jpg
117 KB, 640x459
>>46093468
Humans do specialize it's called culture

I'm sure the spear lords of Vehemia got beef with the sword princes of Ouron
>>
>>46093650
They specialize exclusively in one weapon, though.

The English were especially well known for the longbow, but they still used spears and cavalry, too.
>>
>>46093581
If technology progresses the same way as in our world everybody just get guns.
If not then trolls would get bio-tech.
>>
>>46093440
>Humans
Spear and shield for formation fighting. Gotta get the value of your numerical advantage.

>Halflings
Crossbows and pikes. They want to keep you away from them if possible and they're short enough that bows would be poor weapons for them.

>Gnomes
Halberds and those twist crossbows. They have a tendency towards techy solutions.

>>46093515
>Orcs
Cleavers and clubs. Powerful and close quarters

>Trolls
Clubs and staffs. That is to say pieces of trees.

>Goblins
Daggers and bows. Gotta stay small and sneaky
>>
>>46093599
>take zelda for example
Why would I take setting that was created as an excuse for actions?
>>
>>46093440
>What is it for humans
Mechanized and air warfare
>>
>>46093440
>>46093515
Actually its magic and bows for elves

This leaves swords and horse combat for humans

Halfings have throwing weapons and slings. And food if it is a valid option

Gnomes will have technology and alchemy

Orcs can use every weapon avaiable if its crude and big enough.

Troll use da vodoo. And throwing axes. And teeth and claws if they have these

Goblins use small arms like daggers,small swords,perhaps even forks and torches
>>
>>46093440
>humans
Spears. Spears for one hand, spears for two hands, spears you can throw, spears you can use from horseback. Pointy sticks are our greatest friends.
>halflings
Slings.
>gnomes
Explosions.
>>
File: 1454043980357.jpg (55 KB, 411x360) Image search: [Google]
1454043980357.jpg
55 KB, 411x360
>>46093789
>Mechanized and air warfare
>Humans are precursors
>>
>>46093800
this guy knows what's up
>>
>>46093815
I've used that in so many campaigns.
>>
>>46093633
I could see them either going with massive bombards and shit, with each family in the tribe owning a one and opperating it in battle. Larger bombards/cannons would need clans to opperate. I could see them being plains nomads, MOving with yerts and cannons with big teams of beasts of burden, using manure for nitrate farms and what not.

I could also see orcs taking to 'flying artillery' with Mitrailleuse's, Organ guns, and the like.
Wheeled into place around settlements, unleashed, and then moved as the troops charge in
>>
File: 14th-century-teutonic-knight.jpg (459 KB, 1200x1640) Image search: [Google]
14th-century-teutonic-knight.jpg
459 KB, 1200x1640
>>46093440
Humans use swords (straight as opposed to the slightly curvy or leaf-shaped elvish), spears, and bows (either composite or long, whichever you use to differentiate them from the more elves again) because they're weapons that are just generic and versatile as the humans themselves.

Halflings use crossbows and slings, because when they're forced to fight in melee they don't have much beyond pike formations.and short-swords. I always pictured halflings fighting like Hellenistic phalangites.

Gnomes use halberds, which let them punch above their weight; and muskets, which also let them punch above their weight.

This has the slightly funny side-effect of militant halflings and gnomes being about the same height, with gnomes being, relatively, fucking RIPPED.

Orcs use cleavers, javelins, clubs, and bows made of horn. Their is the style of skirmish warfare, something that allows the strength of their individual warriors to tell on a more personal level than the formation-based warfare preferred by most of the other races.

Trolls don't use weapons. At least, not as I imagine them (I always used my trolls more like the Skyrim variety).

Goblins use javelins and knives almost exclusively, sometimes poking into the same horn bows of the orcs. They will also steal black powder weapons from the gnomes when they can, and have their own inferior versions. When they have the materials, they are fond of explosives, as goblin warfare is skirmish- and guerrilla-based with an emphasis on chaos and destruction.
>>
>>46093440
>For elves, it's bows and swords

Wrong. Lies are the weapons of elves
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.