[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GM general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: hilarious_filename.jpg (100 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
hilarious_filename.jpg
100 KB, 500x354
What are you working on right now, GMs of /tg/? Post here for help, feedback, or just to show off how cool you are.

I want to make a dungeon the size of a city. How do I make this work without spending excessive amounts of time?
>>
>>46090235
>Take your dice bag
>Roll it out on a large section of grid paper.
>Anything that comes up max, put a room there.
>Room are the size of the die that rolled it, a d6 makes a room containing 6 squares, a d20 makes a room of 20, etc.
>Repeat until you have enough rooms
>Connect

It's what I do for small to mid size dungeons. a city to me counts as a mid size dungeon.
>>
>>46090235

If you don't want to do the work yourself, there's quite a few dungeon generators for fantasy settings. I think a favorite is Donjon.
>>
>announced a game set in 1920s, focused on mafia and prohibition
>every player in my group liked the concept and was interested in playing
>female player joins the group, wants to play female
>no idea how to include her into the story
help me out bros. Normally I would have no objections, but female gangster just doesen't fucking fit.
>>
>>46090357
There's plenty of examples of female gangsters/lawbreakers so gender shouldn't matter.

Just look at her back story and work with it.
>>
>>46090357
so long as she isn't running around in a pants-suit and plays within the confines of the time period, I don't really see a problem

It isn't a good gangster movie without at least one dame, really.
>>
>>46090315
That's a really good idea. Thanks, anon!

>>46090337
I'm a big fan of donjon. No laptop, though, and I can't be running to my computer every time the party enters a new room
>>
>>46090357

Why not? You're playing pretend: a female gamgster badass enough to be treated as an equal is a decent character concept.
>>
>>46090487
Print out?
If you want to go extra, print it out, cut to pieces and then place (with a tiny bit of glue) the pieces on a blank grid to simulate players discovering the dungeon. Print another copy for yourself to consult with.
>>
Giving my Black crusade players a Xeno artifact with a map to a world that seems to have lots of slaves for them.
Its actually built on a tomb world and the artifacts gonna be an alarm clock
>>
>>46090573
hmm, crafty. Although it'll take some work to print something of that size.
>>
>>46090235
Trying to dip my toes into GMing by running an arena type game on a small local forum.
Got like one bite, plus going to drag in the buddy that's constantly poking me to GM something.
>>
>>46090777
That's a good way to start. Be sure to have a bombastic announcer commenting on the action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw3RiRUA29k
>>
>>46090398
>you've gotta rewrite history to fit my postmodern ideology
No thanks, goonie beard
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 768x432
>>46090917
Yeah that's pretty fucking stupid. Like remember those two dudes who robbed all those banks, Johnny and Clyde? Imagine if one of them was a girl, that'd be retarded
>>
>>46090917
Damn dude, instead of pretending you know something about history you could have just typed notorious female gangsters into google and not made yourself look like a fool.
>>
>>46090235
I have two ideas for adventures that I'm working on right now.

The first and more fleshed out one is based on (read: totally stolen from) that chapter in Metro 2033 where he goes to a library on the surface. It's supposed to be a horror one-shot.

The second one is more in the idea-stage. Or, more in the concept stage, really. My players (D&D 5e) have been going more and more murderhobo, and I honestly find that kind of boring. So I want to build a mystery campaign of sorts, perhaps regarding a curse or magical plague roaming the land, and that perhaps a cult is behind it. I don't know though, any ideas? Doesn't have to be original at all.
>>
>>46090917
>women were invented in 1978
>>
Thinking how to... well, not punish, but have the environment punish, a first-time player who thinks everything is a bit of a joke. I let him get away with shit I shouldn't have, so I want there to be consequences next time (but not unreasonable or arbitrary ones).
>>
>>46095074
What kind of shit? The classic is for the villages to turn on the PCs 'cause they're sick of their murderhoboing.
>>
>>46090235
Random dungeon generator and then you connect the dungeons together.
>>
>>46095105
Make sure the villagers are not 1st level commoners or whatever the equivalent in your system is. Make sure they fight tactically sound - use cover, weapons, and maybe help from someone competent, like the local army regiment - they won't turn down an opportunity to beat up an adventurer.
>>
The "Atlantis = Rogue Trader" thread made me rewatch the film, and now I want to make a campaign based on it. Perhaps as Rogue Trader, as one of my players mentioned interest in 40k (but I have never played that and don't know how to translate it to that kind of scifi), but which game would you recommend of deep sea fantasy exploration?

In the film they also mention that the crew retrieved the journal from Iceland, and perhaps one could play that one out as a prequel.
>>
>>46096868
Just go Rogue Trader on an aquatic world. The PCs hear of great treasure hidden in the briny depths, mount an expedition, SOMETHING HAPPENS, expedition is doomed, and the only way to go back is interact with savage human natives who have Dark Age tech. Just don't make any obvious references and it'll be fine.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.