[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General - /exg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: 1458200450584.jpg (100 KB, 900x628) Image search: [Google]
1458200450584.jpg
100 KB, 900x628
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Just a charsheet w/o permission request shenanigans
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

How do you do 'Love is Pain'?
>>
Why doesn't Malfeas govern Craft?
>>
>>46090123
Because Ligier.
>>
>>46090200
Fuck, misread you.

FORGET IT ANON I NEED A CUP OF TEA.
>>
File: 1458259099133.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1458259099133.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>46090200
But shouldn't that be why he/his caste should?
>>
>>46089881

>How do you do 'Love is Pain'?

Black Claw Style. Literally what it's about.

>>46090123

>Why doesn't Malfeas govern Craft?

What does craft have to do with complete authoritarian sovereignty? It's makes sense that it belongs to SWLiHN; the most robotic Yozi makes more robots to work for her.
>>
>>46089881
>How do you do 'Love is Pain'?
The Twilight in my group has fallen in love with a Decanthrope, and she loves him back. The problem is that she's lost all of her hosts except one and the greatest expression of love for her is to take his body.

She knows that it would be a betrayal from his perspective to kill him and she can't take any other bodies but she is so incredibly lonely despite being with him constantly.
>>
What do you guys think of giving Battle-groups Legendary Size, with the exception that attacks affecting a range-band ignore it?
>>
>>46091296

Wouldn't battlegroups only have Legenday Size if it was comprised almost entirely of beings with that merit?

LS grants an Onslaught negater, makes it harder to put crash you, and mitigates how much damage decisives can do. Attacks that effect a single range band are few and far between. I personally wouldn't give BGs that merit, but if you're okay with them being so much more powerful than usual, then go for it.
>>
>>46090123
>Why doesn't Malfeas govern Craft?
Because the abject retards behind 2e Infernals pigeonholed each Yozi's charms into their arbitrarily-assigned caste roles, in greater or lesser measure. That's why you see Malfeas being overloaded with ragepunchkill charms and zero charms about being an awesome Demon King. Or about building great fortifications and terrible weapons that are monuments to your terrifying power and glory. Or about the joys of music and dance.

>>46090907
>What does craft have to do with complete authoritarian sovereignty?
Spotted the 2e writer. Here's the thing, numbnuts: Yozis are complex, multifaceted beings with many themes involved in their nature and identity.

>It's makes sense that it belongs to SWLiHN; the most robotic Yozi makes more robots to work for her.
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>46091547
>Wouldn't battlegroups only have Legenday Size if it was comprised almost entirely of beings with that merit?
I think the logic is that it's such a large group of people, the actions of a single person with a sword can't do too much harm without using AoE charms or something similar
>>
>>46091570

>Yozis are complex, multifaceted beings with many themes involved in their nature and identity.

In Ex3. In 2e, Yozi are literally made of their charms an are unable to comprehend anything outside of that. Autochthon can do so (poorly) due to tampering with his own nature. It's retarded, but internally consistent.
>>
>>46091637
Pretty much, yeah. It's a bit weird how A single arrow can kill a hundred people when they're a battlegroup but you need special charms to kill five guys when they're not.
>>
>>46091715
>>46091547
To clarify, I'd be adding area of effect charms to the trees that don't have them, following the multi-attack charms usually.
>>
>>46089881
There are Sphinx in exalted?

What other sorts of magical beasts large or otherwise are in the setting?
>>
>>46091800
Remember that the Wyld is a thing, dude. If your fantasy creature is as unimaginative as a combination of two or more animals then it probably prowls the bordermarches.
>>
>>46091800
>>46091855
You don't even need to go into the Wyld for 'various fantasy monsters'. Creation's big, you can just insert various critters and monsters wherever you want and nobody will complain.
>>
>>46091023
>The Twilight in my group has fallen in love with a Decanthrope, and she loves him back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-gHgcmFB6Q
>>
>>46091570
I'm really hoping Infernals in Ex3 are inspired by the Yozis in the same sense that Solars are inspired by the Unconquered Sun. They don't need 'Malfeas' charms, they just need charms that let them punch people with radioactive fire or give irresistible commands.
>>
>>46091695
What are 3rd Circles for 500
>>
>>46092925
The last we heard of plans for 3E Infernals, they're supposed to be Ability-based this time around, so hopefully we'll get just what you're describing.
>>
>>46092925

I'm pretty sure that that is what they're doing, and is on of the reason that they're getting ability based charms. On that note, what does everyone think of the new Shintai system, what little we know of it?
>>
>>46093933
Well, what little we know of it is little indeed, but the general idea sounds good to me. If we'll get a flexible enough build-your-own-final-form system in the new shintais, I'll be a happy Infernals player. Or at least a happy ST who will make a good use of an Infernal NPC or two.
>>
>>46093933
>what does everyone think of the new Shintai system
I love the idea that every Infernal has a final form.
>>
>>46092925
>>46093912
>>46093933
They will also be heavily transhumanism inspired. Basically every infernal charm is tied to a modification to the host body, so radioactive fire will come with a gland and irresistible commands with a forked tongue, or whatever.

Basically, they saw that people liked the Shintai charms, so they made all charms like it.

I'm reserving my opinion for the specifics. If the body modifications are cool and thematically appropriate, it can be a great idea. If not, it has the potential of being 1e Lunar clusterfuck tier.
>>
>>46093933
Well hello. Fancy meeting you here, Marquise Spinneret Mindfang.

>>46094134
>transhumanism inspired
>Basically every infernal charm is tied to a modification to the host body, so radioactive fire will come with a gland and irresistible commands with a forked tongue, or whatever
Nnnnh.
Not sure how gusta. Not that much I guess?
Never went for the Shintai myself.
>>
>>46094134

I'm on the fence about this. I liked Infernals for the transhumanism of the mind and soul, but not really the body, at least not beyond the Shintais. Being able to move matter with your mind a la Mind Hand Manipulation was great, but the thought of it happening due to a tumor in your brain giving you powers. Radioactive fire due to channeling the hate and rage of Malfeas is better than doing it because of a gland seems silly. This kind of feels like that the devs are saying "The Force is due to Midi-chlorians" and not just letting the fantasy be fantasy.
>>
>>46094134
>>46094228

>Basically every infernal charm is tied to a modification to the host body

While I do recall that being a thing, I certainly don't recall ever reading that it would be the case for *every* Infernal charm. I'm fairly sure that anon's extrapolating.
>>
>>46093933
That what I think doesn't actually matter because Horke wouldn't listen to criticism even if Ex3 wasn't going to die stillborn?
>>
File: dMOW5n5.png (33 KB, 293x334) Image search: [Google]
dMOW5n5.png
33 KB, 293x334
>>46094586
>even if Ex3 wasn't going to die stillborn
>>
>>46094586
>That what I think doesn't actually matter

It still doesn't, even to us.
>>
>>46094738
Is there any way to make lethal unarmed attacks outside of Martial Arts in 2e?
>>
>>46094670
I calls it like I sees it.
>>
>>46093933

Man, she looks like Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose.
>>
>>46094864
You call it like you imagine it, dude. Don't sugar coat it.
>>
>>46094825
In 2E? No idea, but I don't think it's possible without say, a mutation like Claws or some merit.

I don't know why you asked me, specifically, but I guess you didn't mean to quote me.
>>
>>46094825
Claws/Talons/etc work, a few artifacts have that as a side benefit and some Exalted types have Charms for that (Lunars definitely had one, Claws of the Silver Moon, and I think Infernals did as well).
>>
>>46094825
Stunt knife hands like a motherfucker.
>>
>>46094825
Actual unarmed or just unarmed for the purpose of using MA to attack?
>>
>>46094864
You think a game that's being indexed right now is somehow not going to be published?
>>
>>46095324
>Actual unarmed or just unarmed for the purpose of using MA to attack?
Both.
>>
Would a socialize specialty for 'Read Intentions' both give you the extra die when you're reading someone else, and give you extra Guile when defending, or only the former?
>>
>>46095495
I'd probably only give it to you for the former
>>
>>46095368
I'm pretty sure you can use martial arts weapons without actually knowing a style, so just having a pair of Tiger Claws would still let you use MA even if you didn't know Tiger Style for example
>>
>>46095495
Just the former in my opinion.
Latter'd be a Gateway Face or something like that.
>>
>>46092925

They're most likely going to be that in 3e, much to the rage and bemoaning of 2e Infernal fans.

I eagerly drink their tears.
>>
>>46091570
>Because the abject retards behind 2e Infernals pigeonholed each Yozi's charms into their arbitrarily-assigned caste roles, in greater or lesser measure. That's why you see Malfeas being overloaded with ragepunchkill charms and zero charms about being an awesome Demon King. Or about building great fortifications and terrible weapons that are monuments to your terrifying power and glory. Or about the joys of music and dance.

1) You did see very tiny slivers of such things, as Malfeas did have his own dance charms.

2) There is nothing banning you from making custom content for such ideas, and if anyone did so it'd balloon a charm section to dwarf even 3e's solar section. You can make Malfeas bureaucracy charms, but often easier on the writers to make it a part of another set, often one that needs expanding a bit more.
>>
>>46096503
Eh, Infernals were my favourite Exaltation in 2e but I'm okay with the changes.
Then again I'm okay with a lot of things and am incapable of having emotional attachments to anything but fictional characters but whatever.
>>
>>46096549

It's probably because I'm bitter around the time Infernals came out and the amount of fanwank about them turned me off the game for a few months. It seemed to attract the worst people and otherkin like magnets.
>>
>>46096604
Might be; I joined up the Exalted bandwagon around... two weeks after 3e first leaked?
Or was it 6 months before?
Either way, I haven't been around for practically anything except for 3e backer leak, but yeah I can see that stuff gravitating to MoEP:Infernal like it was the gravitational singularity suddenly appearing inside a star.
>>
What's the difference between Loyal and Renegade Abyssals?
>>
>>46095327
Because I'm talking about Ex3 as a line, not just the first book.

I think the core book will most likely be published, flop due to natural language being the worst thing, most of the old fans already having preorder copies due to kickstarter or willingness to just pirate it and it somehow getting less playable since the leak, being shit at attracting new fans (last I checked it was still missing crucial sections for new players/STs, though I'll admit to being out of the loop due to disgust), fail at having a second kickstarter after how poorly the book's production has been handled so far and the behavior of the devs, and then die as a line, never to be seen again.

If it lives, fine, good, but I'm betting it won't.
>>
>>46096751
Whether they're loyal (to their Deathlord) or renegade.
>>
>>46096865
No mechanical differences, like DB and Sidereal have?
>>
>>46096886
You don't get a Liege background
>>
>>46096859
The existing Exalted fandom may not be large but it's pretty certain to happily buy upcoming products. As long as the other books are published at a reasonable pace and aren't too much worse than the core, I'm not too worried about the survival of the game line. It probably won't be a huge financial success, but I'm pretty sure no one is expecting to get rich on the games OPP published, anyways.
>>
>>46096865
As >>46096886 says, there is a Background that requires you to actually have a Deathlord as a liege, but otherwise no, no mechanical difference. Not as far as I remember, at least.
>>
>>46096983
And I obviously meant to quote >>46096886 and>>46096907. I should probably sleep every now and then, might lead to less embarrassing mistakes when posting.
>>
>>46096983
Spies and Underworld Manse as well
>>
>>46096886
>>46096907
Liege and any other background tied to having a Deathlord master, I think the book just lists Liege and Command, but of course it applies to anything else tied to the Deathlord like Artifacts, Influence, Manses.
>>
>>46096937
That'd be nice, yeah, but I've heard a lot about angry people demanding refunds. Like I said, if it's successful, good, I don't like the devs at all (except Vance, he's alright last I checked) but most of the system is good. I'm just not optimistic about it's chances.
>>
>>46097039
Couldn't you have a manse in the underworld that you took for yourself? The Deathlords don't control all of it, even in e2s crappy write-up
>>
>>46097073
As long as they didn't know about it sure, if they did you would have to defend it yourself
>>
Does Solar's anima count as Daylight for Ghosts etc?
>>
>>46097170
2e?

You gotta buy a charm for that.
>>
>>46097143
Well, that kind of pussy-rebel just runs away and hides? You're exalted, more you're the exalted of the underworld, are you just going to let them rule it unopposed?

Hyperbole, of course, but the 'the Underworld is just Deathlord-country' thing is a personal pet peeve of mine
>>
>>46096542
>There is nothing banning you from making custom content for such ideas
Get outta here, Todd Howard.
>>
File: ThumbsUp.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ThumbsUp.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>46096859
>being shit at attracting new fans

>>46096698
>I joined up the Exalted bandwagon around... two weeks after 3e first leaked?
>>
>>46097185
> Was in a game set in Gethamane
> Accidentally Vodak
> Everyone runs the fuck away except our sorcerer. He had the charm.
> Creates warstrider with magic, goes totemic, starts chasing the Vodak around as it burns.
> It tries to seal him in a cocoon of it's own charred protoplasm.
>>
>>46097064
>I don't like the devs at all (except Vance, he's alright last I checked)

Vance ain't a Dev. He writes for the books. The Ex3 devs are Holden and Morke.

Just wanted to clarify that because we keep seeing people complain about "the devs" who actually have no idea who is or isn't one.
>>
>>46097214
I've introduced a couple of people to Exalted with 3E as well, and they got into it just fine. The game itself isn't particularly shitty at attracting new fans. Holden and Morke are, though. Those guys should really put some though into things like PR and marketing, or preferably shut up and let someone else out some thought into these.
>>
>>46097214
That doesn't necessarily mean he was drawn by specifically 3e rather than his interest in the thing he's heard about coinciding with the leak or that he's buying it, which is what really matters in the context of the statement.

I only got into Exalted around the 3e leak as well, and that was because a friend of mine wanted me to join a 2.5e game he was starting, which is why I'm not willing to assume 3e was responsible for him joining the community.

>>46097260
My mistake, sorry.
>>
>>46097538
I understand a whole bunch of people think they're pricks, but Pricks don't cause people to stop buying products as a general rule.

Konami's mass has been mostly composed of very refined prickery for at least ten years, and they still stand, so excuse me if I don't believe two pricklets like Holden and Morke will somehow bring doom and gnashing of teeth to Exalted.
>>
>>46097680
Well, not everything Konami makes is an easily available .pdf posted in the OP of each 4chan general on the subject...
>>
What are the Arcanoi?
>>
>>46097720
Ghost Charms.
>>
>>46097720
Ghost Charms.
>>
>>46097627
Eh, it was a Worm/Exalted thing, but I didn't really give a shit about Exalted besides that W/E thing until 3e came out
>>
>>46097718
Everything Konami makes is an easily available installer posted on the Pirate Bay.

Let's not pretend video-games are any harder to pirate than PDFs are. They might take longer to download but fuck if any DRM that's ever been implemented in history has ever stopped a game from being cracked.
>>
>>46092042
>Rick Sanchez as a Twilight Caste Solar.
Ye gods and little fishes.
>>
>>46096542
>1) You did see very tiny slivers of such things, as Malfeas did have his own dance charms.
Worth noting that these didn't come into existence until the Ink Monkeys era. A lot of what people actually liked about Infernals had nothing to do with the actual MoEP.
>>
>>46097775
Torrents make me a little more nervous than a Mega pdf download, especially if they're installers or exes, but maybe that's just me.
>>
File: friendly advice for anon.png (114 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
friendly advice for anon.png
114 KB, 224x216
>>46097749
>Worm
Here's some advice. Pic related.
>>
>>46094670
how is she drinking through her helmet?
>>
>>46092925
well its already confirmed that yozi arent just piles of charms anymore, so we can bet that something is changing
>>
>>46098196
Um?
I know Worm is unreadable, but the setting is surprisingly nice.
>>
>>46098553
Complete and utter garbage, the lot of it.
>>
>>46097893
I'm sure you're not alone in that, but frankly I don't think it makes a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. There'll always be people wanting things for free that they should pay for, and there'll always be people buying stuff. It's been pretty clear for years that more pirated copies actually corellates with more sold copies in general.

As for Exalted, Ex2's been through way way *way* worse than that when it comes to development bullshit (remember the Ex2 that didn't give a shit about Ex2 because he was too busy working on his own game?). It seems to me prophecising the death of Ex3 because Holden and Morke are meanies sometimes is premature as fuck.
>>
>>46091800
Just going to say as many as you want. In all honesty creation is old and sorcerers have been around almost forever. At this point I assume almost any fantasy monster has been built by them alone let alone what other random shit is around.
>>
>>46098364
(Space) Ninja Tricks (tm)
>>
>>46098364
How does she fit in a small ball?

I mean this is Samus Aran we're talking about. I don't think she gives a shit.
>>
>>46093933
I'm afraid it'll end up like yet *another* case of solaroids stealing another exalt-type's thing, in this case DBT, and then doing it better.
>>
File: once again.jpg (47 KB, 360x261) Image search: [Google]
once again.jpg
47 KB, 360x261
>>46098553
>Um?
>the setting is surprisingly nice.
I think I haven't made myself sufficiently clear, so I feel obliged to reiterate.
>>
>>46099178
For the love of fucks, this thread needs a discussion. I think your energy would be better spent explaining the audience what Worm is and why you think it is so iredeemably terrible.
>>
>>46098614
>says this in the exalted thread.

The irony burns.

>>46099174
Feels more to me like turning into giant dragons and doing bizarre demonic things then elemental superpowers.
>>
>>46099328
This thread doesn't need off-topic anything, if there's nothing to talk about then there's nothing to talk about.
>>
>>46099357
>elemental superpowers

DBT=Deadly Beastman Transformation
>>
>>46099328
Not him but I honestly find the fanbase far far worse then the story itself. The story itself has flaws but is better then most random fiction online. The fanbase is the end all cancer.
>>
>>46099421
Ah, Read that as just straight DB for some reason.

Though Lunars are more about turning into giant bears and mauling you before turning into a raven and flying off. Or turning into chimeras and ripping your heart out.

There is quite a lot of room between that and using strange hellish transformations.
>>
>>46099421
>>46099357
>>46099492

If I wanted to put some immediate distance between Lunar DBT and Infernal Shintais, I'd lean on what (in theory) separated their respective body-modification to begin with: Infernal shit is permanent, non-optional, and stands out. Lunars can put their claws away.

So an Infernal's Shintai HAS to use all the widgets they've unlocked, even if it would be really inconvenient to be a massive brass dragon right now just because I also want to use the shadow-teleportation widget.

Vice versa, Lunar DBTs would be tune-able, ranging from maximum hulk-out mode possible (like a Shintai) to "an angry guy that gets a little hairier" for when the Lunar's trying to be subtle.

In practice that didn't happen, because not enough (I M O) Infernal Charms were permanent and transformative (and you can see the fanbase's reactions to the few Charms that were; how many homebrew Charms were just "I want Witness to Darkness but without the drawbacks abloobloobloo"?), but in theory it would give Lunars an edge.
>>
>>46098553
No the setting is shit as well. Overall its below average but
>>46099424
The way the fanbase exalts Worm and acts like it has no flaws makes it cancer
>>
>>46099492
By better, I mean I'm afraid that not only will Infernals Shintai forms be able to do what DBT does(RIP'N'TEAR), and do it better(because Infernals are solaroids), but that they'll be more flexible and versatile as well.
>>
>>46099693
>No the setting is shit as well.

I wouldn't quite go that far. Depending on what you compare it to. A lot of the writing tends to be pretty bad but there is a few general concepts that worked okay. Which puts it above most random internet stories which don't even have that. Compared to like war and peace or something though it's very subpar.

>The way the fanbase exalts Worm and acts like it has no flaws makes it cancer

Yes dear god. You would think Taylor was the goddess of planning itself given how they talk about her even though she gets punked out a good chunk of the time.

>>46099705
From what I've seen so far it sounds more like infernals transformations are powerful but limited. While Lunars are more versatile but lacks a lot of the pure strangeness.

That one example Infernal we have doesn't run around turning her body into a dozen things weekly she has one dragon transformation.
>>
Were any of the power armors in 2e worth getting?
>>
>>46100122

Celestial Battle Armor was a decent deal, if only because it was like 10 dots of artifacts for the price of 5.
>>
>>46100455

Assassin's Armour was also a great deal as well.
>>
In what book can I find some stuff about Plasma Tongue Repeaters?
>>
>>46101600
Sorcery 1, Wonders of the Lost Age, page 75, under Alchemical Fire Weapons.
>>
File: 103.png (40 KB, 373x318) Image search: [Google]
103.png
40 KB, 373x318
>>46101628
thank you my man
>>
>>46101600
The Ex3 leak.
>>
Could a male disguised as female with the Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise get pregnant?
>>
>>46101692
u r lieing my man
>>
>>46101787

The leak had some more weapon stats than the backer PDF had; more enemies and such too. Plasma Tongue Repeaters were among them.

(I still don't know why they wrote up so many weapons; the whole point of going to a statline+tag system was so that weapons could be farted out at a moment's notice.)

>>46101783

No.
>>
>>46101787
The leak, not the backer pdf.
>>
How do you guys come up with characters? All of my concepts and most of the inspirations for Solars are very much protagonists who do their own things, it's hard to think of someone who works well in a group.
>>
>>46102071

Try creating a character in collaboration with the other players. Having five people build five characters together would help. Alternatively either weave other players into your backstory or have your character think "these goldy glowy suckers can help me get what I want."
>>
File: 1454377164028.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454377164028.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
What are Djalas?
>>
>>46102247

Short panda-like people who fetch high prices on the slave market. There's several in the corebook art.

I doubt 3e is going to keep the "every single one has enlightened essence because they were a Solar's crafted race" backstory, so the above is all there really is.
>>
>>46102071
>All of my concepts and most of the inspirations for Solars are very much protagonists who do their own things,

That tends to be fine as long as the game has some time skips and there is a reason to be friends.

I've honestly found that most Solar parties tend to be more help a friend now get a favor later deals.

Otherwise you can ask all the players what they are building then build one or two into your backstories. Would make sense for two exalted brothers to hang out and help each other.
>>
>>46102247
Quit with the fucking avatarfagging.
>>
>>46102247

Something that had to be placed in the setting because one artist kept on putting them into the background despite being told to stop.
>>
>>46102282
What's wrong with posting pictures of anime girls with question marks?
>>
>>46102334
The man really fucking wanted his pandagirl waifus. I must admire his dedication even at the potential cost of his job, if nothing else.
>>
>>46102367
Avatarfagging is against the rules, it also makes you look like a prick.
>>
>>46102464

It's hardly avatarfagging when someone asks a question then post a picture of an anime girl with a question mark sign.

Its only when you do it repeatedly with a different character in many frames, like that idiot who posted a Naruto avatarfag way back.
>>
>>46101783
No, but they'd be damn good at faking it.
>>
File: 37.jpg (83 KB, 495x498) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
83 KB, 495x498
Where do Djalas come from? Are they all over Creation?
>>
>>46102606
>Where do Djalas come from?
They fuck.
>Are they all over Creation?
Yes. Predominantly in the south, but again, see: valuable slaves.
>>
>>46102547
it seems to be the same person that's been doing it a bunch for a few threads now
we're glad to answer your questions, but don't do a gimmick
>>
>>46102606

They're a slave race created in the First Age by some Twilight to use to maintain his Magitech, hence why they all have enlightened essence. They're mostly found in the South.
>>
>>46102396
>The man really fucking wanted his pandagirl waifus.

>The man

Came out as a transwoman in 2015, actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Campbell

Actually hadn't ever seen a picture of her before googling her just now.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/sophie-campbell/4040-49915/images/

She's ... real cute, actually. Transition was kind to her.
>>
>>46103245
That woman really fucking wanted her pandagirl waifus.
>>
>>46103245
I like her artstyle. Shame 3e has so much shit art.
>>
>>46103670
I'd be willing to sacrifice the rare pieces of amazing art Ex3 has to have the entire book done by Kiyo or Melissa Uran.
>>
>>46103701
Well, most of the amazing art is in fact the work of Melissa Uran already.
>>
>>46104199
This.

Kiyo I could take or leave though.
>>
>>46104199
I also quite like the warstrider parade and the righteous devil art, off the top of my head.
>>
What would be the worst exalted types to fight in a team match?
>>
>>46091695
Not "unable", just "bad at".
>>
>>46104348
Dawn/Full Moon mated pair strikes me as the worst to have to fight against.
>>
>>46098553
>the setting is surprisingly nice

How, though?

It's not actually any less incoherent than DC or Marvel, it just feels marginally easier to understand because it avoids all the "cosmic level" and "superheroes have been around since prehistory" stuff.
>>
>>46104348

Dragonblooded

They get crazy strong with others helping
>>
>>46104411

They could have their Sidereal mentor.
>>
>>46103701
Having the entire book being art pieces with those star panties included in them would be better than the backer pdf already released.
>>
>>46104479
Chosen of Battles?
>>
>>46104348
Sidereals, because if they're obviously overmatched in the first few actions they just retroactively vanish.
>>
>>46104511

That or Endings, who have Martial Arts as a caste ability in 2e. Seriously, even using SMA only conceptually instead of using them RAW, you've got shit like forcing someone to relive the entirety of their lives backwards or invading peoples dreams.
>>
>>46104348
Sidereal+Solar

Or Two dragon blooded.
>>
>>46104348
There's too much fluidity for any given pair of Exalts to be the hardest to fight - even a Dawn could invest heavily in Ride / Awareness / War and not be particularly dangerous in an Exalt-on-Exalt fight.

I'd have to think that an Abyssal would be part of the equation, though, since most of their Charms revolve around killing no matter what they want/do.
>>
Does SWLIHN have a canon feitch?
>>
>>46106289

No, only Malfeas and Szoreny have any statted up, Ligier and Kagami respectively. Oramus has Daendals, but he has no stats.
>>
Why does weapon accuracy only apply to decisive attacks?
>>
>>46108411
No, it only applies to withering attacks.
>>
>>46108411

Other way around; accuracy does NOT apply to decisives. And: to make them harder to land.

Withering attacks need to hit more often than they miss so that initiative is traded around regularly and easily. Decisive attacks want to hit less often than that, because if you could reliably land them, the chance that someone can yoink their init back after you've built it up drops dramatically. Plus other stuff.
>>
>>46108452
>>46108459
My bad, yeah meant other way.
I get the need to balance withering and decisive, but I don't get why this is the way they go about it.
>>
>>46108484

How else would you go about it, exactly?

"Decisives need to be harder to land than withering attacks, which are easy to land."

The only really simple ways to go about that are to either levy a net penalty to decisive rolls (as they did, denying Accuracy bonuses) or a net boost to Defense vs. decisives (which would be odd).
>>
>>46108547
Yeah, I suppose you're right, a penalty makes sense, maybe it's just the specific idea of the weapon accuracy not mattering that sorta seems arbitrary.
>>
>>46108597

Keep in mind that weapon damage also doesn't apply, so nuking Accuracy is a pretty logical step in light of that.
>>
>>46108597
I've always thought of it as that it is easier to get a near hit or a bruising strike and the likes then to get a full blown death blow.
>>
>>46109210
Oh yeah, still don't get why weapons are all about gaining advantage and momentum in a fight but not about hurting people.
>>
>>46109246

You ever heard the phrase "If a sniper does his job right, the pull of the trigger is a formality."?

Kinda that. Once you've got that opening, it really doesn't matter whether you're swinging a knife or a hammer, he's fuckin' toast.

That said, that's a pretty post-hoc rationalization; first and foremost it works that way because game mechanics. Just like Essence in Shadowrun and class levels in D&D.
>>
>>46104348
Solars. They may not have crazy stacking charms like the Dragon-Blooded (except for Temptation-Resisting Stance), but they still have crazy synergy.

You don't know terror until you've seen Invincible Fury of the Dawn enhanced by Empowering Shout.
>>
How could we calculate someone's walking/marching/running speed overland in larger scope out of combat distances?
What about with high stamina and athletics?
How do we convert combat charms that work in range bands into a roughly sensible unit of distance?
I wanna know if I can be sanic.
>>
>>46109246
They are about hurting people, in setting. It's just that, in 3E, whether you're in a position to hurt your enemy is represented by your Initiative. It's easier to get into such a position when you're swinging a decent weapon, but when you're in a position to hurt your enemy you're in a position to hurt your enemy, regardless of how you got there and what weapon you're using. So basically what >>46109328 said, I guess.
>>
>>46102587
So good they'd pop a kid out?
>>
>>46111099
I don't know about speeds for exalts and with charms, someone else can answer that.
Here's a map with distances and mundane travel speeds on it though.
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted/map/
>>
>>46111531
No, but good enough that they can perhaps convince everyone everyone they did.

All you need is a fake belly, a closed door, an accomplice as the midwife, a galon of pig's blood and a kidnapped baby.
>>
>>46111583
Or roll really well to disguise yourself as the baby and kidnap a corpse.
Do this for a thousand years with your exalted lifespan to impersonate a lineage.
>>
>>46111599
>Or roll really well to disguise yourself as the baby

I tried to picture how that would work and every option seems ridiculous.

So I guess yeah, with a good enough roll that could work too.
>>
>>46111683
Keeping up the role of a helpless infant for years would be a pain in the ass, though.
>>
>>46111728
>>46111683
The solution to this is obviously to impersonate the mother and infant all at once.

You'd be impressed how much you can do with a puppet and ample robes.
>>
File: Sir+bearington_4f9b32_3987342.jpg (55 KB, 720x443) Image search: [Google]
Sir+bearington_4f9b32_3987342.jpg
55 KB, 720x443
>>46111683
>I tried to picture how that would work and every option seems ridiculous.
>>
What charms do I need as Ess3 General for DBs
>>
>>46111961
Hard to say since we don't yet have 3E Dragon-Blooded, which you should probably wait for if you want to play DBs.
>>
>>46112528
>ask for advice playing the game this general is about
>"don't play it lol"

Helpful as ever /tg/
>>
>>46112625
>ask for advice playing shittiest system ever
>gets advice to play much better system
>>
>>46112682
Oh sorry, didn't realise there was a much better system available, can you link me to where I can buy it please?
>>
>>46112690
The link to the backer pdf is in the OP
>>
>>46112704
There's a backer PDF for Dragonbloods? Wow, I am out of the loop.
>>
>>46112704
>Can't purchase backer pdf
>Backer pdf doesn't contain the thing anon wants
It fails twice.
>>
>>46103245
>Came out as a transwoman
>her
>She's

You can identify as a bear and try to transition into one, you'll still be fundamentally a human, and you'd better believe I won't call you 'bear bher bearself'. Same thing with Ross "Sophie" Campbell. I have nothing against him, but there is places common decency won't go.
>>
>>46112730
>there is places common decency won't go.
Are.
>>
>>46112730
That's a very nice false equivalency you have there.
>>
>>46112832
Just like calling a man a woman doesn't make it so, calling an equivalency false doesn't make it so either.

For that you need to, you know, make and argument, and present your case.
>>
>>46112896
He'd only have to do that if the post he replied to had a leg to stand on.
>>
>>46112730
I imagine common decency doesn't go very far for you. I mean, you responded to a thirteen hour old post just to be a prick.
>>
Has anyone tried playing a character with disabilities? Blindness or missing/nonfunctional limbs?

Especially looking for characters that haven't completely negated said problems with charms.
>>
>>46112969

Doing it twice just makes you twice as wrong.
>>
>>46113275
Falling for bait? Yeah, I'd say that was definitely a mistake. I should stop that habit.
>>
>>46112896
You're right it doesn't. Calling things things doesn't cause the things to become things. That is indeed not how names work.

How they work is that you present a false equivalency and I call it how it is.

I don't need to debate transgender issues to shine light on the fact that comparing someone's gender issues to someone wanting to literally become a bear is a false equivalency. Transgender people are not Otherkin, and conflating one with the other is fucking stupid.

I can also denounce it as a gross oversimplification, and you as a smug prick that doesn't actually know what they're talking about, all in one fell swoop.
>>
>>46113360

>I don't need to debate transgender issues to shine light on the fact that comparing someone's gender issues to someone wanting to literally become a bear is a false equivalency. Transgender people are not Otherkin, and conflating one with the other is fucking stupid.

Regardless of what you might think, restating an assertion for a third time doesn't make your case any stronger. Strangely, the "other person is a smug prick" argument hasn't filtered into logic and rhetoric yet either.

Nobody was saying transgender people were Otherkin; they were saying transgender was just as stupid as Otherkin. They weren't claiming these two things were the same, they were claiming they were *alike*. We call this an "an-a-lo-gy".

They are both alike, in that they are both denying the physical reality (I have a penis; I am a human) in favour of their personal delusions (I wish I was a girl; I wish I was a bear). You can claim that for some reason the physical categories of sex and species differ in some fundamental way, that makes one subject to being overridden by your mental state, and the other not, but until you *do* advance some sort of argument, you're basically just rocking in the corner chanting "you're wrong, you're wrong" and bashing your head against the plasterboard over and over.
>>
>>46113360
Stop replying to bait, anon.
>>
>>46112690
>>46112711
>>46112722
ANon(s), there is a reason I said you, or he or whatever, should *wait* for 3E Dragon-Blooded. Because, you know, it takes waiting, but it's better than playing 2E Dragon-Blooded. It is legitimately the best advice to give in this situation.
>>
>>46113604
>but until you *do* advance some sort of argument
I've already said : I'm not debating anything with you. This Exalted General thread isn't appropriate to the debate you want to bring to the table. I'm also not going to fall into the trap of attempting to debate an ignorant Anon with a chip on their shoulder. I'm not educated enough, and I'm not patient enough, to indulge you.

I'm pointing out you're spewing bullshit in the off chance that someone reading this thread who doesn't know much about the issue at hand might make their own research as a result of someone disagreeing with you. Now I'm going to do as >>46113650 said because this is already too much attention for one prick.
>>
Which caste of Lunar are the best waifus?
>>
>>46114404
Waxing Moon

Second Agers will never know what it feels like to have a truly great Lunar waifu
>>
>>46114404
Water
That flexibility~
>>
>>46114404
Changing Moon. Though Full Moon are probably more Athletic.
>>46114422
Reminder that the other phases were shit and implemented incredibly poorly. A caste getting Dexterity, Wits and Manipulation was stupid.
>>
>>46109246
Because combat system isnt meant to map 1:1 with real life, its meant to map 1:1 with epic fantasy
>>
What's the best fighting style in Ex3 for someone who doesn't fight seriously, but wants to be able to really, really hurt someone when shit hits the fan? I was thinking of having a hidden flamepiece or crossbow but I don't like Rightous Devil for the character.
>>
>>46114426
bog standard solar melee
>>
>>46114810

>Doesn't fight seriously

As in he holds back? Just don't use your full dice pool. Single Point and Tiger are both good at doing loads of damage. Don't know if that's what you're looking for, though.
>>
>>46114810
sorcery is the only thing that comes to mind. Its not expressly made for combat but can do serious shit in combat when it needs to
Other than that if you dont fight seriously then generally you just arent good at fights
>>
>>46115199
I think he means someone who can, but doesn't. A non-combatant by choice but who can still wreck shit when necessary
>>
>>46115199
>>46115233
Sorry that I wasn't clear, I mean someone with only a modicum of combat skill. Basically what little investment they have is in ending a fight as soon as possible.
>>
>>46115299

Thrown is probably your best bet for "as soon as possible," since it's the alpha-strike skill (with all the advantages and disadvantages that implies).
>>
>>46115299
Then yeah, melee. Excellent Strike, Fire & Stones Strike and Dipping Swallow Defense does the job,
>>
>>46115299

Oh. Probably Melee then. With only two points in it you can get Excellent Strike and Dipping Swallow Defence. Those two, combined with an Excellency, should be enough to take on any mortal combatant.
>>
Can a half caste Exalt?
>>
>>46115350

Yes, but they are no more or less likely to do so than anyone else.
>>
>>46115350
Yes, but because they already have power they are less likely to because their feats are less impressive by comparison.
>>
>>46115299
>Basically what little investment they have is in ending a fight as soon as possible.
>>46115340
>Then yeah, melee. Excellent Strike, Fire & Stones Strike and Dipping Swallow Defense does the job,
>>46115345
>With only two points in it you can get Excellent Strike and Dipping Swallow Defence.
?????
>>
>>46115402
With that you're going to end any non-exalt pretty quickly, and for a lot less investment than Thrown needs. And i you're fighting Exalts then don't dable.
>>
>>46115444
Two seperate people suggested Dipping Swallow Defense for ending fights quickly. It's a great charm, but it's not what that anon asked for.
>>
>>46109246

This is actually one of the thing that drove my friend nuts and wanted to avoid 3e.

He also disagree with unarmed "Being insanely strong" and thinks charms should bridge that gap instead
>>
>>46115779
The only thing i have to say is to second this>>46114720
He probably wants a straight simulationist game and thats not what exalted is.
>>
>>46115862
Which is unfortunate because a significant amount of Exalted's fanbase was the exact kind of autist that cannot deal with abstracted combat systems.
>>
>>46116126
Which is doubly unfortunate because I think the combat system is innovative and well done, especially compared to what we got before.
>>
>>46116285
I don't disagree.
>>
>>46115862
Honestly 2E was way more on the simulationist side than 3E, but in a way that was to the game's overall detriment.
>>
How does Creation expand?
>>
>>46116956
A Solar goes to the Bordermarshes and yells at the Wyld until it turns into reality.
>>
>>46116956
You get some wryd shaping bros together?
>>
>>46116974
What does the Solar have to yell?
>>
>>46116986
TURN INTO MOUNTAINS YOU FUCKING BITCH!
>>
>>46116986
"Hey you Fae bitches I'm taking your land. Now bend over."
>>
>>46116986
MAKE CREATION GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>46117154
So you're saying we SHAPE A WALL AROUND THE WYLD! AND MAKE THE FAE DO SHAPE IT!
>>
How do Sidereals exalt?
Could a 40 year old somebody do it?
>>
>>46117282
One day they just wake up and can leap over buildings. Minimal fanfare, no real warning but you don't need it since you've probably been trained in yu shan since the age of 6 after they figured out it was going to be you
>>
>>46117312
What if he has never been in Yu Shan?
>>
>>46117367
Then they missed you and when you wake up able to leap tall buildings you get no preparation and a pair of magic ninja teams dispatched to grab your ass before the other one does
>>
>>46117282
Center of some big hooplah. So like think Shakespearean comedy for a chosen of venus, crazy random serious of events that culminates in some finale that somehow ends with everyone happy and in love.
>>
>>46117282
Sidereals have their shards implanted in them at birth, with the shard actually activating at a specific, destined moment.

Said moment might even be delayed, occur prematurely, or in very rare cases never happen at all.

>>46117367
Then technically he's a ronin, and hopefully some god or senior sidereal can explain what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>46117423
>Sidereals have their shards implanted in them at birth

No
>>
>>46117282
Sids are fated to exalt. I'm pretty sure they spend like a week having weird fate shit happen to them and strange imagery show up everywhere. Then they just kind of realize who they are.

Also yes a 40 year old could easily exalt as a Sid or any exalted really. Other then dragon blooded I guess.
>>
>>46117367
If he's not a ronin then he's still probably been trained by secret Sidereal Sifus, like the drunk old man that likes to tell him stories about all the traveling he's done in his life or the ex-legionnaire beggar that trades him fighting lessons for a piece of bread.
>>
>>46117386
Pretty much this. Though you could probably once you figure out what's going on pretty easily go Ronin for a few centuries without any fuss.

Early on though if they get a reading on you and know you are new they'll send everything at you.
>>
What determines the caste of a Sidereal?
>>
>>46117756
Fate
>>
>>46117756
Fate
>>
>>46117756
Spiders
>>
>>46117756
Their player
>>
Is an E10 God a challenge for an E2-4 Solar?
>>
>>46118350
E10 is an Incarnae. Solar gets turned inside out
>>
>>46118350

In 3e? An E10 god is going to splatter that Solar across the pavement.

In 2e? It depends on the god's panoply. Base spirit Charms are nearly worthless even at E10, unless you cheese the few good ones, but panoply charms can be shit like "better I(A)M" which is basically a death sentence against a Solar.

So ranges from "might not get them immediately killed but they probably aren't going to win" to "the god blinked, and the Chosen of the Sun was snuffed out"
>>
What is an Incarnae?
>>
>>46118390
Er, death sentence FOR the Solar*
>>
>>46118393
Top Dogs of Heaven
>>
File: 1457191630403.png (330 KB, 485x442) Image search: [Google]
1457191630403.png
330 KB, 485x442
>>46118368
>>46118390
Ah, fuck.
Well, I'm sure I can figure something out...
>>
>>46118393

Gods like the Unconquered Sun and the five Maidens of Fate: gods so badass that they only qualify as gods as a mechanical concession, not because they bear any metaphysical similarity to other gods in setting.
>>
>>46115460
>Two seperate people suggested Dipping Swallow Defense for ending fights quickly.

>It's a great charm, but it's not what that anon asked for.

I think it is, actually. Having an onslaught-negator means your opponents will hit you less often, for less damage, so you can build up your initiative faster and unleash a big decisive.
>>
>>46118432
>>46118393

Wait what the fuck game is this where you're throwing around Essence 10 gods without even knowing what that MEANS?

Are you just assigning huge numbers to spirits at random?
>>
>>46118458
No, I know what Incarnae are, I just didn't expect them to be statted.
Like, maybe the equivalent of E20 or something?
>>
>>46118514
Essence is capped at 10 in any edition.

E10basically means arbitrarily high stats and misc powers related to their theme, whatever that is
>>
>>46118514
There is no essence level above 10. No. Bad anon.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.