[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we help each other fill in plot holes, brainstorm missing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 379872236.gif (499 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
379872236.gif
499 KB, 550x400
ITT we help each other fill in plot holes, brainstorm missing details, get some second opinions and generally improve our campaigns. I'll start.

>Unknown Armies solo session(s), sort of a prologue before the PCs meet and the campaign begins. I'll try to speak generally so as not to confuse people unfamiliar with the setting
>PC is a computer hacker interested in finding out as much as he can about a strange video clip circulating in some obscure internet communities
>PC gets hired to find the source of the clip by a mysterious but wealthy man (I'm stealing liberally from William Gibson's Pattern Recognition)
>PC will find a forum where someone claims to have gotten a hold of a video tape containing more footage, possibly all of it
>PC's benefactor/boss wants the physical tape. Tells PC to go get it.
>Guy who has the tape is a scrawny nerd a few states away
>Boss drops in when PC and tape guy meet
>Turns out he knows a lot about the footage that most people don't and was just using the PC to find a copy of the tape (the footage is more powerful/valuable the closer it is to an original copy of the tape it was shot on for in-setting reasons, though he probably won't tell the PC this)
>He intends to kill the PC and the tape guy

Basically I'm having trouble finding a reason that the boss would go through the trouble of double crossing the PC when he could just buy the tape from the guy once the PC tracks him down. The betrayal seems forced but without it it feels like the scenario would be kind of boring and anticlimactic. Thoughts?
>>
>>46079380
I have a couple ideas.

>He is using the PC's as a fall-guy to keep his hands clean. Since they show up at the location, he can eliminate both the nerd and the PC's and get what he wants at the same time, and in the process frame the death of the two groups as being a shootout between the two of them rather than a murder.

>It gets him off to mess with people. He sees himself as being so completely above other people that he doesn't give two flying fucks about them, and gets off torturing them, living for the sight of them realizing just how completely fucked they are and always were when they interacted with him.

Just two thoughts.
>>
>>46079380
Maybe he is not the only eccentric rich person after the tape and wants to tie up any loose ends to prevent his rivals tracking it to him.
>>
>>46079380
Aha, the Naked Goddess tape, eh?

Offhand, maybe he and the guy WITH the tape have a history, so he the guy refused to meet with him, and he doesn't want the PC to watch the tape, since he assumes it will grant the PC power.
>>
>>46079380

Here's one I could use some help with.

In short, I have a prince being sent from his father's throne. I need him to travel around and return to retake the throne (stop rolling your eyes) and in the way I've got it, he's sent with the kingdom's bedraggled warriors.

He's not his father's most beloved son by a long shot. I need some realistic reason why he wouldn't just be killed in the city.

The problem I have, really, is that the king sends his son away, then goes 'Oh fuck' and constantly tries to have him killed from that point.
>>
>>46079727
Maybe the tale of the Beggar Prince has spread far and wide, leading to the peasant population turning out in droves to watch him return to the city. The King can't exactly set the guards on him with the streets thronged with adoring spectators throwing flowers at him.
>>
>>46079649
>>46079611
>>46079646
These are all solid. Thanks, anons.
>>
>>46079380
Well, as another Anon already said, trying to tie up loose ends seems plausible. The nerd could be someone much more important as looks are often misleading, or work for someone important who might seek revenge for the loss of a worker. The boss could also use the murder as an excuse to incriminate the PC, further leading any suspicions away from himself. If you're interested in this path you can even branch it out further and use the PC as a tool for causing some major conflict by implanting false evidence that would turn his rivals against each other, leaving the Boss free to do whatever he wants to do without anyone taking notice. I'm unfamiliar with the setting, so sorry if the ideas seem implausible.

I have a slight problem with a setting I'm currently creating - human race is incredibly advanced and, depending on their modifications, belong to different factions. One of them is a purist faction, where fully natural humans belong, but I cannot find any use for them other than the preservation of history and culture. Any ideas?
>>
>>46079892

Trouble I'm having is getting him out in the first place when the king and his generals are something of tyrants.
>>
>>46079727
As a Prince, he might have been a beloved figure for the common people, so they would help him escape from the city, or enter it, unnoticed.

Alternatively, one of the warriors the Prince travels with could be such a hero, or a villain whom the peasants (or even the guards) help out of fear.

If you don't mind romance, perhaps the Prince receives aid from a female servant he seduced? She could be the darling of the common people, or perhaps her father could be a prominent figure for the common people, hoping to scurry some favor from the Prince?
>>
>>46080173
Prehaps the King didn't want the murder to be known, so sent his son on an 'Important Diplomatic Mission' and then arranged for a terrible accident to befall him and his bedraggled bodyguard. However, when the assasins attacked the guards fought bravely to protect him, allowing him and a small group of them to escape into the wilderness.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.