[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: Image.png (126 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
126 KB, 223x311
What is your local Meta running? What are you playing? Are you combating the 4 color fun-times menace?

I've got a story and questions to kick it off:
I played my first standard event at my LGS recently, and I had a pretty good time. I've only played pre-release events before, so actually playing a structured event was really enjoyable.

I encountered a red-goblins deck (the only deck there that wasn't 4 colors besides my own), 2 meme-rhino decks, and a reflector-mage+Eldrazi displacer deck. I lost all my sets but won 2 matches using my UB Eldrazi ingest/proccessor.

I learned a lot from my first experience about my deck, and made some adjustments to it's structure accordingly, but I need some help finding what to put in my side board (and the deck itself).

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eldrazi-ingest-blackblue/
>>
Mostly 4 colored abzan, ramp, and CoCo variations in my LGS. I'm rocking a super weird deck.
>>
When does Khans rotate out? That block has kept me from playing standard ever since it barged in, unwanted.
>>
>>46069267
sometime mid April, I wanna say the 16th.
>>
>>46069229
You need ramp and removal/counterspells bro. Like super bad.
>>
>>46069284
what set is rotating in?
>>
>>46069286
I can replace the benthic infiltrators for spell shrivels, However what ramp would you recommend I add?
>>46069319
Shadow over innistrad iirc.
>>
File: Brain in a Jar.png (104 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
Brain in a Jar.png
104 KB, 200x279
>>46069324
Nice, finally a card I'm interested in in Standard.

Shame everything going on sucks dick right now.
>>
>>46069229

>What is your local Meta running?
Lot of stuff in my meta, Abzan Aggro, Abzan Control, 4 colour nonsense, Elves, GW aggro, Eldrazi aggro, Jeskai decks, Esper Dragons etc.

>What are you playing?
Playing B/W control. It amuses me that i'm playing a deck in Standard that runs zero fetches despite actually already having playsets of each fetchland. Also deck was pretty cheap and viable(and doesn't play Jace!) to assemble together and only had to borrow 2 Gideons from a friend.

>Are you combating the 4 color fun-times menace?
Sure am, went 3-1 last week.
>>
>>46069229
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/white-green-supportally/

I made this from the White/Green intro deck. Planning to add in some more Munda's Vanguards, and if i get lucky definitely slotting in a Gideon if i can either trade to get him or luck out on a booster.

Any advice for the deck, aside from paying 35$ for a planeswalker or two? I'm a bit new, my last proper time playing was Theros, and even then I just played decks my buddies made.
>>
>>46069319
>I am living under a rock whats going on guise

Also, demonic pact all day erry day
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-16-esper-demonic-pact/
>>
File: blight herder.png (132 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
blight herder.png
132 KB, 223x311
>>46069324
>However what ramp would you recommend I add?

I would recommend few Blight herders, maybe instead of Sire of stagnations.
I run a similar deck, though I'm only a casual player playing with friends, so don't treat my advices as a law.
In my deck there are also eldrazi temples, sludge crawlers, tomb of the spirit dragon and Ulamog's despoilers.
>>
>>46071372

If you want to play G/W weenie/allies then I suggest you pick up Knight of the White Orchid(bulk rare but after rotation it will be the only way to fetch specific BFZ duals), Expedition Scout and Topan Freeblade. Replace the Tranquil Expanse with Canopy Vista, the Vista's should be a few dollars but grab a playset asap. With the Knight of the White Orchid in the deck you'll be able to grab a Canopy Vista because it is a plains card.
>>
>>46071901
I'm playing standard, not modern. So half of those except Canopy Vista are useless to me.
>>
>>46072004

I hope you realise all those cards are Standard legal. Nothing from Origins rotates out when Shadows over Innistrad comes in.
>>
>>46072074
I don't follow what's reprinted from old sets. I looked up white orchid and it came up as being from a 2008 set. Will have to pick up some of him.

I prefer my War Cleric in the slot that Freeblade would take up as well. 2 life at end of opponents turn is great,
>>
Building Molten Vortex/Groundskeeper for new standard.
>>
File: getwellsoon.png (2 MB, 1200x1145) Image search: [Google]
getwellsoon.png
2 MB, 1200x1145
Help me Anon... She's not gonna make it... The doctor said she has like 2 weeks left... Poor thing.
>>
>>46072114

Most of the time if you play a GW shell you're looking to be more aggressive or value grindy(Den Protector, Tokens etc.) rather than durdling or playing a long game. If you really want to focus on allies then put in more allies and cards that care about allies. Cards like Kor Bladewhirl, Lantern Scout are good creatures to fit in. Other cards like Stoneforge Masterwork, Captain's Claw's are both dirt cheap right now and undervalued and help with the theme.

I would put in more aggressive 1 and 2 drops if I was you and focus on playing more 4x of particular creatures if you're playing an aggro weenie shell. Cards like Expedition Envoy and Stone Haven Outfitter with said equipment cards will be great. Joraga Auxiliary will die before you ever get to use her ability because she was really designed more for limited than constructed play. Kor Skyclimber is also not what you want in the deck because it will tie up your mana to swing in for damage with her and you're looking to play threats continually to trigger rally effects and you want to also be playing or holding onto cards that protect your guys from mass wipes and damage spells. Last but not least put in some Ally Encampments! You're all allies so the mana fixing from it helps!
>>
>>46072269
Holy shit thats incredible
>>
>>46069284
It rotates on April 8th, which is when Shadows is released abd rotates in.
>>
Preparing myself for SOI, should I get a drana? I´m planning to turn my shitty b/r eldrazi into b/r vampires
>>
>>46071898
Yeah your deck is more stompy than mine. Mine focuses more on control. However you aren't wrong about me needing more counter spells and removal. I've also been looking into what processors to add (I'm usually exiling a lot more than I'm processing, which means I'm building up a resource and not using it enough) and blight herder does just that.
>>
>>46075106
Drana would be fantastic paired with olivia the futa vampire. I'd run at least 2 drana.
>>
>>46075201
Will get her in april then. Short on cash right now. Did the price spike because of the spoilers?
>>
>>46069229
>Local Meta

It's a decent mix. Got a few Mardu Green decks as well as some B/R Dragons, Hardened Scales, U/R Prowess. There's some few brews too, including mine.

I play a U/W Enchantment control deck with a bunch of creature exiling/pacifying enchantments with Starfield of Nyx/Sigil of the Empty Throne/Myth Realized as finishers and some Negates/Disdainful Strokes as backup.

I have pretty good matchups against 4 color decks, I'm more weak to aggro stuff but there isn't a ton this standard thank God.

I'm curious to see what SOI brings to the deck or I may have to retire it when B/R Vampires hits the stage since they're super fast. We will see! Otherwise I'll end up doing some sort of Esper control deck because I really like the new Sorin and I already have 2 Ob Nixilis.
>>
>>46075254
It doesn't look like it right now, i remember picking her up for like 7$ at one point, but she's going for 15$ average atm.

At least according to tcgplayer, she hasn't spiked. Probably because people play allies more than vampires.
>>
Might not be the thread for this, but lately I've gotten the itch to get into Magic again. The thing is, I only have my old cards (never got new ones since maybe '98?). Do people still play with these?
>>
>>46075928

Depends from your cards, if they're any good you can try to play legacy/pauper.
>>
My LGS is having a tourney on Sunday with a $10 buy-in. The prize is a box of your choosing.

I have atarka ramp. My competition is especially control, 4 color rally, 5 color company, and the rest are a bunch of shitty homebrews.

How fucked am I? Also, if I win, which box would be the most valuable to pick up.
>>
>>46078381
If it'still any box they have, in
ininstead is really good. Otherwise zendikar has expiditions.
>>
>>46078381
I'd say it depends on the power of your ramp. Atarka is in general pretty meme-y when it comes to the subject of shitting mana so I think you'll be fine against the slower decks. Hardest matchup will most likely be control, as they can keep their removal handy to respond to your big guys, especially if you're playing Eldrazi.
>>
>>46078381

>rally decks

Bring in Cranial Archive. Rally decks can't do shit about the card.
>>
Was wandering fumarole, the onlynon expeditions u/r land in the battle for zendikar block? I feel likke I´m missing something.
>>
Hey /standard/, any of you ever been to a GP? Couple questions: What is the Planeswalker Lounge? Also, what are VIP drafts? This my first GP and my wife wants A play mat so I'm registering for Planeswalker registration, thanks for your time.
>>
Fuck

I want the rest of this set to be spoiled because I've got a UR pseudo-Storm a-brewin and I need to see what else I can put in
>>
Never done standard before, but decided to take the plunge after the spoiler of titi
>>
>>46082617
>titi
Who?
>>
I'm hyped for doing a UW tempo reflector bouncefest.
Is something like...

4 Reflector Mage
4 Topplegeist
4 Thing in the Ice
4 Eldrazi Displacer
2 Ojutai Dragonlord

Too many creatures?
>>
>>46082705
thing in the ice
>>
>>46082848
Ahhh right

Honestly I'm more excited about making a UR SCIENCE deck, lots of madness and copying shit

>Lightning Axe is back
>all that Madness
>combined with Harness the Storm and Stormchaser Mage together

Shit's gonna be so fun
>>
more like thing in the graveyard/exile
>>
>>46069286
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eldrazi-ingest-blackblue/

I added some removal and counter spells, it also made my mana costs and lands match up, which is super neat. I don't think I'm gonna add any ramp though. Oblivion sower and sire of stagnation both kinda already do that.
>>
>>46069229
your deck needs Ruination Guides, get rid of the salvage drones, and loose two mist intruders for two skyspawners, maybe someone can lend you ghostfire blades since they're rotating in minus 2 weeks. Also, I'll playtest a Rogue's passage, I just love that shitty land lol
>>
Thinking of making a grixis eldrazi deck, should I make it an aggro-deck or ingest/control?
>>
>>46081934

Which GP are you going to?

>What is the Planeswalker Lounge?

I'm guessing it's the VIP area for those who register as a VIP entry. Usually has like snacks and some extra stuff.

>Also, what are VIP drafts?

Not sure but I think it may mean you get to skip the queue lines for drafting.
>>
>>46089560
Grand Prix Albuquerque
>>
File: Elemental.jpg (42 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Elemental.jpg
42 KB, 375x523
>>46069229
>What is your local Meta running?
No idea, haven't played an FNM since Theros

>What are you playing?
The OGW BG Intro pack, slightly modified with goods like Mind Rot, Death Wind, Duress, and Evolving Wilds

>Are you combating the 4 color fun-times menace?
With an Intro pack + crappy reprints? nope
>>
>>46090658
List here for the morbidly curious:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/golgarbage-1/
>>
When do spoiled cards usually end up on the deckbuilding sites?
>>
>>46090370

Ahhh alright ok then. Yes Planeswalker Lounge is another name for the VIP room. VIP drafts i'm not entirely sure but I think you'll get to play a special draft with big name pro players exclusively.

If you do the VIP registration you'll be guaranteed a playmat and a sleep in special if you have any byes. Depending on the organisers they may or may not be short on playmats(rarely happens but it happens.) If you aren't competing in the main event and want to play lots of side events and want an extra playmat then the VIP entry is worth it.
>>
Hi standard, I´m in dire need of instants, sorcerys etc... for this shit b/r eldrazi list. Could you guy name around 5 I could use? When the new standard hits, it´s going to be turned into a vampire tribal.

4 Dust Stalker
4 Flayer Drone
4 Forerunner of Slaughter
4 Sky Scourer
4 Sludge Crawler
4 Smoldering Marsh
4 Cinder Barrens
? Swamps
? Mountains
>>
>>46092706
>Dragons + BFZ Block
http://magiccards.info/query?q=c!br+%28t%3A%22instant%22+or+t%3A%22sorcery%22%29+%28e%3Aogw%2Fen+or+e%3Abfz%2Fen+or+e%3Adtk%2Fen%29&v=card&s=cmc

>Origins
http://magiccards.info/query?q=t%3A%22sorcery%22+c!br+%28t%3A%22instant%22+or+t%3A%22sorcery%22%29+e%3Aori%2Fen&v=card&s=cmc
>>
>>46092911
Thanks. Will be reading through them then.
>>
>>46092706

EXPEDITE!
>>
I would like to try a BR Vamp Madness with Avaricious Dragon and that new Bob Vampire. Though there's a part of me that wants to build the jankiest deck ever with Ghirapur Grid and shitloads of clues, plus the inevitably clue based alt-wincon that's going to be spoiler sooner or later. Suggestions?
>>
>>46092935
You might want to try Impact Tremors too.
>>
>>46092706
roast
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.