[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Want to get into 40K
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (751 KB, 1003x1599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
751 KB, 1003x1599
So, I want to get into 40K, where would be a good place to start?

Would the Skitarii be fine for my first army? I like the lore behind them, and want to know if they're fine for a new player.
>>
>>46055777
Save money, do heroin instead, less self destructive
>>
>>46055797
/thread
>>
>>46055797
Make paper models, cheap, more creative freedom, etc. Just make some rulers and junk out of cordboard and blam, poor mans 40k for 40cents. Don't expect anyone else to play with you though, cause who wants to play with poor people.
>>
>>46055777
>777
At least I got some sweet dubs.
>>
>>46056161
>dubs.
Trips, you fool.
>>
>>46055777
You could start by not getting into it and supporting a game which isn't as incredibly poorly managed.
>>
>>46055777
Ignore the assholes. If there seems to be a cool group of players for it, it's most definitely worth getting into, as with any game.

Get the start collecting skitarii box, it's the best deal for getting started. Then work on painting and building your army, while pirating the rules and codex.

Rumor is later gw will be releasing a new book of the skitarii+cult mechanicus combined
>>
>>46055777
Do you have any friends who also plays 40k?

Do you have an active game club in your area?

Is 40k popular att you FLGS?

If the anwser is no on all of these then I would recommend to not buy anything yet.
>>
>>46057207
Thanks, know anywhere I could get the rules and codex? Preferably as pdfs I could put on my phone for reference.

>>46057309
Yes to the first two, I'll need to check on the last one.
>>
>>46057566
the 40k thread has all the codexes and rules in the op anon
>>
>>46057592
Ah, thanks. Good to know.
>>
>>46057566
Finish painting your army before you play a game. I never did that with my CSM and half are still unpainted. With my new SM army I'm not rolling a single dice until everything is above tabletop standard. Motivation! Plus, your opponent will enjoy looking at your sweet-ass models.
>>
>>46057969
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll have fun painting them. One of the cooler parts of the game.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.