[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let's say that Angels and Demons are the same sort of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 14-angels-and-demons.jpg (141 KB, 900x527) Image search: [Google]
14-angels-and-demons.jpg
141 KB, 900x527
So let's say that Angels and Demons are the same sort of being, like in the abrahamic religions where demons are fallen angels (though the demons probably tell it differently).

What's a good name for the "race" of these critters that isn't biased one way or the other e.g. calling them all angels or all devils or devas or asuras or similar?

Currently leaning towards "theurges" or "devgels" but there's presumably a term for this that I'm forgetting.
>>
>>46054127
How about calling them the Benei Elohim? It's Hebrew simply for "sons of God", would cover both those loyal and those fallen.
>>
>>46054127
Depending on how people all interacting with them, you could call them Tulpas?
>>
>>46054127
"Divine spirits?"
>>
>>46054452

Bit too meta, also not succinct enough.
>>
>>46054127

"Devgels" sounds uncreative.
"Theurges" is better.
Have you considered "Outsiders"?
>>
File: Aeons.png (4 KB, 600x413) Image search: [Google]
Aeons.png
4 KB, 600x413
>>46054127
you could use "aeon", from gnosticism
>>
Watchers?
Witnesses?
Judges?
>>
Celestials?
>>
>>46054127
You could use "Loa", the term for divine servitor from Voodoo.
>>
File: nougami neuro.jpg (295 KB, 463x600) Image search: [Google]
nougami neuro.jpg
295 KB, 463x600
>>46055586

Parakletes might work - could give them all a parroty appearance, like "they always have a beak and feathers"
>>
>>46054127
Theurges sounds much better than Devgels. It sounds like it has some kind of Religious Significance but I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean anything.
I did this once actually, I sorta regret not giving the Life God enough reason to have the demons besides angels and demons seeing the life god as something completely different and refusing to hear out others on the matter. He just seemed too nice, sure he killed a Charitable Necromancer there an every day man Skeleton here, but he's decisions were still fairly reasonable cause they we're into the dark arts. My advice is to give him some more morally grey and a few straight up evil things to remind you that life is good or life is a hardship.
>>
>>46054127
The most annoying thing about this to me is that they didn't even get the fucking virtues right.
>>
DnD and its descendants refer to any being not native to the material world an "Outsider." In DnD cosmology the term also applies to elementals and a host of other creatures, but I think it's still a good generic term.

Devgels sounds fucking retarded. It sounds like a brand of denture cream or medicated toothpaste.
>>
>>46057953

Theurge literally means "miracle worker"

>>46058007
I don't think they are virtues, those are the traditional duties each of the angels and major demons have in mythology.

>>46061012

Too general, I was thinking more on the level of what to call a single race, like a D&D race is baatzu or Deva, if that single race was a highly different looking but stablockwise identical race of beings sitting somewhere in the powerlevels between gods and mortal races.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.