[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/kdm/ - Kingdom Death General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: huge lanterns.jpg (117 KB, 597x438) Image search: [Google]
huge lanterns.jpg
117 KB, 597x438
>Previous thread
>>45957830

Rulebooks:
>>https://mega.nz/#F!HIN0UbgQ!1ReZ9JSVW9UxkiUXOLGxig

>Gorm Scans
https://mega.nz/#!vA4GWYYa!_gBVDgVdYsYusnteemtS39qvvpzMQOH2H070GFHEoig
>>
File: Manhunter.jpg (1 MB, 2048x4608) Image search: [Google]
Manhunter.jpg
1 MB, 2048x4608
>>46032024
Boardgame geek has them
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/187893/kingdom-death-monster-jack-o-lantern-promo
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/182095/kingdom-death-monster-gencon-2015-lantern-promos
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/157658/kingdom-death-monster-strange-spot-promo
>>46032214
Not later. They are up now. Its the "Scenarios BETA" link
http://tools.kingdomdeath.com/
>>
File: Slenderman.jpg (3 MB, 2048x6720) Image search: [Google]
Slenderman.jpg
3 MB, 2048x6720
>>
>>46032909
I have to say, until the scans for Slendy started coming out, I really didn't care about the expasion, but I feel like a really good job was done making what could have just been a lazy meme cash-in fit with the rest of the universe. It's still not a priority but it's better than it could have been.

Also, that hammer seems absurdly good with anything resembling an accuracy stat on its wielder. Herding the monster around could really help. Of course, it would hurt if used poorly but if attacking with it is a disadvantage for the survivors you just have its owner swing last.
>>
>>46033116

I second this with the hammer. I love the mental image of survivors swinging a hammer so huge that it actually knocks the monster away.
>>
>>46033116
Personally, I'm kinda sad that people see it as the meme at all... I mean obviously it's inspired / references by it a lot, but I never felt it was as much as a direct reference as, say, the messengers.
>>
Alright team. what color should my dragon king be? nuclear glow is going to be an arcane blue.
>>
>>46034626
Blue Eyes White Dragon?

For serious, I was going to recommend a grey or dark bone color.
>>
>>46034626
The official art is a lot of black and reds, but Cherenkov Radiation (ie. blue glow from within) would certainly be appropriate for a creature that emits a ton of radiation.
>>
>>46034507

Because messengers exist and no because there was no evidence that it will be anything more than memes.
>>
>>46034656
White/gray will be a bit of a challenge, but I can try.
>>
>>46033116
I still think it's one of the weaker expansions built off le ebin maymays.

Plus the model sucks.
>>
I just bought the Dragon King and all three Knight expansions, and I have not even played beyond Lantern Year 4 with my first Campaign.
I think I need mental help.
>>
>>46036006
No, you need more campaign sessions.
>>
>>46036006
Stick with the level 1 lion as that gear is probably the best. Bring bandages for the butcher, focus on making weapons instead of armor. If you can rush the weapons crafter try to do so as the non-fragile weapons there are great. If you can't, the spear & bow at the catatarium are solid picks.
>>
>>46036111
Yeah, only had two of those with 2 Lantern years each. But we do meet every week once.

>>46036894
Thanks for the tips, I guess we already fucked up then because we are 5 feet away from the Butcher without bandages and only bone weapons. Also I think we wasted to much hide on too many rawhide set pieces. Eh, next campaign is gonna be better if we bite the dust early.
>>
So which of the fights have people found to bed the best so far? I'm loving that every fight has a theme to it. Phoenix strikes me as great with the time travel elements.
>>
>>46038335
I imagine farming the Phoenix actually becomes a necessity if you want to get access to Green Knight Armour at some point. You need it's legendary time-line reset card.

Also, take a look at "The Difference Between Us" from it's AI deck for fun, ouch that attack...

As for what fight I think could be really cool, I imagine the Dragon fight is crazy, if that thing Meltdowns at an inopportune time you could lose a LOT in one fell swoop.
>>
>>46036955
Hide isn't really in need except for armor.

You can take the butcher without bandages, at least if you get lucky and roll tall grass to evade the heck out of him. He DOES have super-dense locations so he'll fuck up your weapons if you don't have something better than bone, though, and probably kill you thereafter. My long-runner campaign we had King's Spear and Cat Gut Bow which were both lifesavers. He also has not too few impervious, so Founding Stones aren't a great help.

Butcher is a harsh filter. If you are neither lucky nor know what's coming and are thus insufficiently prepared he serves as a -4 population event. At least if he DOES kill 4 folks you'll probably get the guidepost from the kingsmen unless you've been breeding like rabbits.
>>
>>46038335
I can't speak to the expansions yet, but I actually enjoyed the level 2+ antelope... and the Hand. I think overall Hand was my favorite fight and we beat it without so much as taking a swing at him, which is weird as hell that it felt so rewarding.
>>
>>46038335
I enjoy every fight except the Watcher. The Watcher encounter is pretty lame, in my opinion.
>>
>>46038534
>at least if you get lucky
We have been lucky all but once in this campaign, and that was getting a Savior as our second child. Everything else were just terrible rolls, and the only reason we actually succesfully hunted our first Lion was thanks to that auto hitting monster of a Savior.

>He DOES have super-dense locations so he'll fuck up your weapons
I guess I better say goodbye to all of our weapons then. We COULD have gotten the Cat Gut Bow, but it was either getting the bow with the senew or the Cat Eye Amulette with the eye since we needed a organ for this Lantern Years innovation, and those were the only ones we gained; we opted for the Amulette since it seemed like the better deal.

>Founding Stones aren't a great help
Good thing we don´t have any of those left anyway...or wait, actually we found one in the cracks from the Cracks Settlement Event, another rare moment of lucky dice roll.

>unless you've been breeding like rabbits
Can´t say we have, we can call ourselves lucky if we even manage to get a full hunting group for the next hunt after we dealt with the Butcher.
>>
>>46038534

Nemesis encounters replace the normal hunt for that year, right? I find that sort of lame because the rewards aren't quite as good as if you had just gone out and hunted something. Generally, at least.
>>
>>46038985
Yup. Special Showdowns (prevalent in expansions, possible but rare in core) don't, but nemesis encounters do.
>>
>>46033116
I mean it's called Slenderman and has no face but I didn't just think it was a meme. The spooky clown or slender jester is common trope.

Are any of you kickstarter backers being filled with joy when you check out the prices on the game and expansion being sold right now?
My only regret is not getting the tree, lion god and gorm. I don't think I would ever get them now for their actual price tag.

Speaking of lion god. I thought he was kind of boring just from the figure but I like his old ruins lore.
>>
>>46039489

Yeah, its such a shame. I really dig the lore and the idea of the Lion god. Everything about it, really.

Except how it looks. Like the Sunstalker, the model is enough to make me never buy it, because I don't want to assemble that and have it sitting on my shelf for the rest of my life.
>>
>>46039807
Sunstalker turned me off at first, but over the long wait I was able to add everything in, and gotta say he looks like an interesting fight. I like things that play with "Light" as an element, because it's so pervasive. Even when it is used it's usually just lasers. Stalker looks like an interesting, but difficult fight. A lot of his attacks just ramp up as the fight goes on and the light increases.
>>
File: image.jpg (993 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
993 KB, 1936x1936
>>
>>46042969
My plastic models from the core were all gray - are xpacs coming in that peach color?
>>
>>46042969
That's northrend. Let the spiderlings have it. IT was their home first anyway.
>>
Watched a game of Kingdom Death on youtube.
HOLY SHIT this game is beyond awesome! Gotta buy the shit out of it.
See price online...
Living on an underdeveloped country, our currency is about 1/4 of dollar's value.

The core game costs about twice the minimun age here.

Life is suffering.
>>
>>46043352
*wage
>>
>>46043352
We'll light a lantern for you, Third World Anon. The buy-in is hard enough for us, can only imagine how much it sucks at your level of income.
>>
>>46043404
Thanks Anon. ;_;
Guess I'll have to keep playing Zombicide with the normies.
>>
>>46043187
That's just the way the lighting in my room makes photos all turn out.
>>
So, uh, why is the Spidicules expansion not for sale yet? I thought this one-week sale thing was supposed to give us a shot at all the expansions? Unless that expansion is just sold out already.
>>
>>46043861
Spicidules had serious packing issues where people got two copies of the same leg sprue. Presumably that has not been worked out.
>>
>>46043861
Production issues. Most notably lots of folks got one set of legs and lots got the other, but only a few got both sets they need.
>>
>>46043861

There's a problem where some people have the wrong leg sprue in their box. Poots is waiting until it gets fixed before making it available for purchase.
>>
>>46043976
>>46043983
>>46043994

Oh, that explains all the pictures of the leg sprues floating around. Thanks.
>>
>>46032909
Slenderman's disorders are kind of better than the figting arts imo.
>>
>>46044488

I think that's by design. He's a character that revels in madness and laughs at sanity.
>>
>>46044488
Especially when comparing Blotted Out to Hypersensitivity. Don't remember what the Darkness Awareness status is. Phantom Friend is OK, but weak. It's at least optional.
>>
File: Spidicules.jpg (6 MB, 4636x6912) Image search: [Google]
Spidicules.jpg
6 MB, 4636x6912
>>46044488
Its intentional. Disorders aren't always bad. See: Quixotic and Immortal. They just are things that, unlike fighting arts, aren't useful for EVERYONE, and could actively imped certain builds. Even if the bulk majority of them are meant to be negative, they do still have some good ones mixed in.

Cause thats part of the theme of KDM. Your mind shapes the reality around you.... for better or worse.

Heck, even Anxiety can be really good, if you are building a tanky character, or Hoarder if you are trying to build a Bitter Frenzy character.
>>
>>46044990
the one expansion I didn't get that I wish I did
>>
>>46034626
I'm painting mine up like Gore Magala from MH4U.
>>
>>46038611
I was unlucky and opened a lens or two I didn't realize was going to fuck me, so I had to end it via tokens. Lucky crit to his codpiece did just that, thankfully.
>>
>>46044990
Anxiety is the absolute best for anyone you want to designate as the party Tank.
>>
>>46045007

Likewise, especially now seeing the silk armor. I forgot what I picked up instead, but I had capped myself at $300 for this, and it was beyond my limit.
>>
>>46045256
crit to the dick for massive damage
>>
>>46045256
I honestly don't know what's better, beating the Hand through damage or through survival. Both have pretty decent rewards, and a decent chance of just outright killing a survivor. I think out of the base game, it is by far my favorite fight though. That finger poke.
>>
>>46045167
Fucking cool, post the finished mini when you're done, I'd love to see it.
>>
>>46045331
For most fights. If you get an Immortal, send them against Butcher. Immortal + Infectious Lunacy = hilarity.
>>
>>46045567
Most, but not all. There is an attack from the Dragon that specifically does as much damage as your Insanity and bypasses armour.
>>
>>46045567
Immortal against Butcher is pretty great in most situations, but it won't protect you if he draws Bite and just eats your head.
>>
Fucking tree is driving me bonkers. It's such a pain to assemble.
>>
>>46046586
No fucking kidding. At the very least several parts of it fit in without glue so I can keep most of the little bush parts off for painting...
>>
>>46046586
I do not look forward to assembling that nightmare.
>>
>>46032187
hate to be this guy but, I need some source on that OP image like right now
>>
>>46048856
Lantern Festival kickstarter update. Artist is Lokman Lam
>>
>>46038455
Getting Deja Vu off is pretty next to impossible to pull off.
>>
>>46048856
If you like bitches with big tits, fat asses, wide hips, and on occassion a love handle or two, look up Lokman Lam's deviantart.
>>
>>46032187
Does anyone have the original of OP image? I need it for my graduate paper I'm writing, strictly research you understand?
>>
So what do you guys find to be the best armor sets, including new ones? Like I know rawhide can carry you pretty far, leather armor has great bonus, silk looks cool with its ability to sort of rearmor itself. I like that dragon lets you dragoon leap, though I don't know if that will be actually useful yet. What good sets have you guys found?
>>
>>46049064
Green Knight Armor, obviously.

In all honesty, Gorment Armor + Regeneration Suit + Shield allows you to make it so the monster only gets 1 attack roll, and you are allowed to block it. And its available very early on.
>>
>>46049209
Really? Jesus. Maybe make 4 suits of that and just starve the monsters to death.
>>
>>46032187
FINALLY Poots is finally selling the expansions on the website guys i about exploded
>>
>>46043352
>>46043603
You could gather 3 other friends and each pay ehh... half a month's wage? That actually doesn't sound much better =/
>>
>>46044488
>>46044990
They way I see it, the difference between fighting arts and disorders is just:
Fighting arts:
> You may X
Disorders:
> You must X

I especially like the Gorm fighting art where you can give yourself a seizure
>>
>tfw you don't care for the Gorm but you really like the armor set

What do?
>>
>>46050790

Join the club of people upset that Poots stupid pet monster with its baby face and giant genitals got all the best things.
>>
>>46051059
Poots' pet monsters are the Sunstalker and Dung Beetle Knight, actually. He said as much.
>>
How are kd recasts? I found some pretty cheap and am a bit worried about losing quality.
>>
>>46044990
what does anxiety do?
>>
>>46051527
Nevermind, just remember. Currently my favorite survivor has Tough, Tumble, and Anxiety.

When he dies, I'm gonna be sad.
>>
>>46045331
>>46051527
>>46051551

Anxiety only lasts one turn. The only good thing about it is that it isn't bad for someone you already meant to take hits.

Like traumatized for a dedicated support/ranged.
>>
>>46051857
>isn't bad
Having the monster attack someone you know is going to get chosen is pretty huge
>>
>>46051857
>only lasts one turn
Yes, but it's specifically the one turn before players are allowed to act, and allows the set up of a first turn plan which is frequently very difficult to pull off, as monsters you tend to know nothing about a individual instance of a monster until a few rounds in.

It's also one of the only (if not THE only) way to get a priority token without spending any actions/survival.
>>
Where does that U shaped piece go on the Lonely Muse?
I can't fit it anywhere.

Does anyone have a picture of an assembled one?
>>
>>46050668
That could actually synergize with Leader
>>
>>46053621
It's pasties that go on her breasts. Take a look at the first few pages of the rulebook.
>>
Monster statcards count as an AI card right?
>>
>>46053774
Silly anon. You know what they say about assumptions.
Double check Survival Actions on page 76. It doesn't say that a survivor needs to be knocked down to use Encourage on them. Just that if they ARE knocked down, they stand back up.
>>46054036
If you mean the double sided ones saying their basic action, instinct, and stats, no. Those are Monster Reference cards.

If you mean the traits/mood cards that start in play, or come into play, yes they do. However, generally any effect that will interact with them will specify Mood. Same applies for traits, but I don't believe any effects exist that allow you to mess with traits, since they are meant to be fundamental parts of the monster itself, as opposed to tactics it adopts for a time.

I assume you are attempting some kind of shenanigans involving locking a monster out of its Instinct and/or AI card?
>>
>>46054036
I'll expand on what >>46054426 said and say: if you mean the number of cards in the expansion vs. the number stated in the booklet / shop page the answer is sometimes (some expansions do, some don't, Dragon King counts rare gear as both rare gear and normal gear, etc.).
Best verify your cards against an online list like this one:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BA0O3hy1Hny8U_cruFG6bGDmR90MzZ5jHa1vXuUca9w/pubhtml#
>>
>>46054426
>Don't need to have the survivor knocked down to use encourage
Holy smokes, you're right! Though the phrasing may be either:
> (A survivor may ... allowing them to stand up) if they are knocked down
> A survivor may ... (allowing them to stand up if they are knocked down)
I guess the only point of the seizures thing is just to stop being a threat, then. Which is still kinda useful.
>>
>>46054799
Yeah, it's a bit ambiguous. Someone should probably ask poots.

That said, I think a better name for the Fighting Art would have been "Drop Prone"
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 403x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 403x218
>made the Lion Gods AI cards basically say "Play this monsters entire AI deck every turn."
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>46054981
God damnit mobile, that was supposed to say mfw.

Anyway, here is why. Spoiler end for actual spoilers.
>>
>>46055077
>dat hair on the cards
jesus anon the same thing happened with your first set of scans

why do you shed so fucking much?
>>
>>46054981
Pretty sure if you get into a situation where all the remaining AI cards have "Draw AI" at the end, you're boned unless you can pull off some shenanigans so there's no legal target or kill it with surges. This happens with the Butcher if he only has Kick cards.
Two relevant rulings (stated by Adam, and I believe also in the FAQ):
> The "Draw AI" clause is applied after the current card is discarded, so if there's just one such card in the AI deck, it triggers the loop
> The currently active card is neither in the AI deck nor the discard pile. Thus, if you can wound the monster during a flow on its AI deck (or with an ability that wounds it when hitting you, like the Green Knight helmet's ability), it dies immediately, since there are no cards left to move to the wound stack.
>>
>>46055199
I thought you were supposed to discard a AI card every time you reset the deck.
>>
>>46055199
This endless kicking Butcher sounds so retarded...
It does not even make sense, all the Survivors do in the meantime is stand still and watch the Butcher kick the shit out of them again and again?
>>
>>46054692
Is there one of those for the Base Game?
I just want to make sure I got everything.
>>
>>46055141
On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.
Nobody!
>>
>>46055199
>>46055231
>>46055244
>"When there's multiple possibilities how to interpret rules, chose one that's against the survivors."
I'd say rulebook is pretty clear about this.
>>
4 expansions scanned. Still working through the rest. Will still be a while even after I'm done scanning them before they are posted, because they will still need a lot of cropping/cleanup.

>>46055141
Obviously it's because KDM is so ball bustingly hard that it has me ripping out my own hair. I mean, come on, that's OBVIOUSLY why.

>>46055262
Anon please. My secret fursona is secret for a reason!

>>46055199
Huh, I don't remember him making any rulings since the expansions went out, and I think a lot more people would have made a fuss about him revealing something about the green knight when he put up the FAQ.
>>
>>46055330
I mean I'm pretty sure there was a specific rule that said to discard a card every time you reshuffle the deck. But I'm probably mistaken.

And AI loops are retarded. I don't care about "le hard meme game" I'm not going to get friends together to sit and do nothing while the monster rolls dice until everyone is dead.
>>
>>46055077
At least he stops when everybody's knocked down, since he needs threats to trigger relentless. Also, I assume there are non-relentless cards in his deck?
>>
>>46055330
The Rule of Death doesn't work that well in situations that can be either positive or negative depending on context, as was proven with Twilight Sword Saviors vs Kings Curse Saviors. People argued that a Savior could not gain the twilight sword, because it has the Other keyword. Others argued that Saviors could be affected by Kings Curse (or at least, not gain the gear of it) even though it had the Other keyword, because it can't be removed from their grid, and not being affected by it would go against the rule of death. If both of these were true, it ruling would vary based on context, which is a fucking terrible ruling to make. Adam eventually said that they cannot gain the sword, but we're also immune to the curse.

Similarly, if there was a monster that forced survivors to use the Encourage action, you could argue that the worst case scenario is them HAVING to use it on a standing survivor, wasting the point of survival for no benefit.

It's kinda dumb to turn around after that and say that you can't use it that way specifically in niche builds built to use it the way it works elsewhere.. Especially when Encouraging a standing survivor is probably a waste of a point of survival, even if you do have Leader.

Looking into it some more, there are also rules conflicts about this elsewhere. The glossary states in very unambiguous terms that it targets a knocked down survivors, while the language innovation unambiguously says that it just requires the survivor to not be deaf.

Considering the general rule of thumb in board games is "If a card says to do something that the Rulebook says you can't, follow the card instead.", I'm inclined to say you CAN encourage survivors, even if they are already standing. Rule of Death be damned.

Plus, looking at it from a fluff perspective, saying you can only motivate your friends when they are knocked flat on their ass, and not to pump them up and press their advantage while standing.... Is kinda nonsensical.
>>
File: encourage rulings.png (90 KB, 296x300) Image search: [Google]
encourage rulings.png
90 KB, 296x300
>>46055751
Pictured is the various places the conflicting definitions show up.
>>
>>46049011
This one, or do you need just the pin-up girl?
>>
File: pinup-art-lantern_1024x1024[1].jpg (119 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
pinup-art-lantern_1024x1024[1].jpg
119 KB, 900x600
>>46049011
>>46048856
One lady coming up.
>>
File: LanternFestivalGirl.jpg (118 KB, 777x1200) Image search: [Google]
LanternFestivalGirl.jpg
118 KB, 777x1200
>>46055989
>>
>Poots says the Lion God can be combined with the White Lion for a stronger version
>absolutely no mention of it anywhere in the expansion of how to do that
>no challenge scenarios in any of the expansions
>barely any settlement events at all, despite the KS saying there would be 20+ of them
>only a small handful of innovations added
>game remains almost exactly the same even with all expansions added
>only worthwhile addition of actually new mechanics is the Hybrid armor from Lion Knight and Tactics cards
Ded game?
>>
>>46056780
Poots is not a good game designer.

This is not a meme.

Settlement events are trash anyway. Even the regular ones suck dicks.
>>
>>46055751
>Similarly, if there was a monster that forced survivors to use the Encourage action, you could argue that the worst case scenario is them HAVING to use it on a standing survivor, wasting the point of survival for no benefit.

in what instance would the intended mechanic of a creature be to nonsensically expend an abstraction through a loop hole in the rules? At that point you're not trying to play the game you're trying to game the system. This is only the kind of problem that arises when you are overthinking, powergaming and rules lawyering.
>>
>>46056884
>>46056780
Agreed on the settlement events being terrible. I'm more upset that he's continuing to include them, instead of phasing them out entirely. Especially Gorm Climate, which is worse than Bone Witch with constantly re-adding itself to the timeline, in my option.

Honestly, the things I have an issue with are that Guidepost, Knowledge Worm, Stoic Statue, etc. don't have a "Unique Innovation" card back. Fighting arts not able to be obtained randomly have a card back designating them as such. Resources not able to be obtained normally have a card back designating them as such. Gear not able to be obtained normally has a card back designating it as such. Innovations though? FUCK IT.

Also sad that no new vermin got added. They feel really tacked on now. If they were something that got added in through DBK or something similar, it would make sense to have so few of them, but this just makes their inclusion feel purposeless.

>>46057054
Are you seriously gonna read the Language card and claim it's NOT two separate sentences, one explaining how to target with it, and one explaining what the effect is? With the second one specifically mentioning if they are knocked down?

I was giving an example of a possible mechanic. There are already monsters who can force you to take actions. It's really not that much of a stretch. Hell, the Hypersensitivity disorder is almost EXACTLY what I described, except it uses a different survival action. There is ACTUAL PRECEDENT for this being possible.

And again, the example of how encourage is used here is spending 1 survival to give someone +1 speed until the round ends, and only being able to do so with a specific fighting art, and even then only once per round. That is EXTREMELY shitty, and going to get your entire party killed by the monsters Trap location, while you piss your survival away. That build is about as far in the opposite direction of power gaming as you can get. It's FAR from gaming the system.
>>
You know, I agree that the settlement events suck in general, and I also agree that there are some mechanics that need to be fleshed out or more balanced. But do you guys actually think this game is poorly designed? A lot of the mechanics in the game are awesome, the development of the settlement is lots of fun, and I think most of the showdowns are really cool and flavorful. It also feels skillful, which is good-- my friends and I are barely making it through our first campaign, but we have tons of plans for a better run through next time around, which I think is the sign of good progression in a game.
>>
>>46057837
The game's biggest flaw and greatest strength is that it did a LOT of innovating. On one hand, that means it gave us something new and awesome. On the other hand, it means that elements that didn't have great models to work from or compare to risked being poorly made not because they had or were bad ideas but because they didn't have anything else's shoulders to stand on. The AI system largely worked. The settlement phase as a whole and the random settlement events... less so. When you experiment some shit is going to fail.
>>
>>46057837
Honestly, the game is better than I expected it to be. That said, I never purchased it with the expectation of playing it as is. I'm a homebrewer. I view board games less as games, and more as sandboxes of mechanics and design space.

However, despite being better than expected, it still leaves a lot to be desired from a design standpoint.

>No line between flavor text and mechanical effect
There is a reason that almost every TCG out there seperates them. Blurring mechanics and fluffs is fine in RPGs with a flexible narrative, but in board games with a rigid and structured rule set, it causes issues. For example, one of the events in the game says something along the lines of "They rip off the nominated survivors head. Gain 1 Skull basic resource." Nowhere in that sentence is your population reduced, or the survivor disabled or killed in any way. OBVIOUSLY that is absurd right? Of COURSE the survivor dies.

Meanwhile if you shatter the Antelops spine, it doesn't even noticed, or get bothered at all, unless it specifically tries to charge in a very specific way, in which case it falls over for a short moment. It doesn't even have its movement reduced.

Likewise, while many cards will say a survivor is "Dead" in unambiguous terms, there are also effects that cause survivors to "Cease to Exist", such as many Phoenix cards and Saviors retiring, where you can't prevent the death (it even kills them in Hero Mode), and don't gain the benefit of your death principle, and other effects that "Banish" survivors, which SOMETIMES counts them as dead, but other times just reduces your population, USUALLY nullifies Cannibalize for that death, and RARELY nullifies Graves. These terms all show out the ought the game, but are poorly defined (if defined at all), but the meaning is not consistent.

So clearly there is a line where mechanics and fluff have to be taken separately, but poots never took that into account, mashing it all together in a game that has no referee.
>>
>>46057837
I'd say different -parts- are very poorly designed and implemented.

The AI is cool. Settlement Events are not.
The game has lots of choices. Some of those choices are straight up worse than others though.
etc.
It's a lot of shit like that.
>>
>>46058281
Even though I like the settlement phase I can also agree that most s. events are poorly thought out. They serve more like a storytelling mechanic (which is what Poots wanted) than a gameplay mechanic if you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>46058342
>the fucking card backs
I got into this a bit above (>>46057431), but the parts where it REALLY sucks is the monsters. Every monster card in the game has the monsters crest/emblem on the back of it. This makes it extremely annoying to mix and match monster cards in creative ways. Being a homebrewer, this is easily the games biggest design flaw, but my opinion on this is pretty biased there. But it has actually caused problems still. As (>>46056780) mentioned, the Lion God completely lacks the advertised comparability with the White Lion, and I think a large part of that is the different card backs. It also lead to the horribly shitty implementation of the Challenge Scenarions, and also severely limits the design space.

Imagine how much better the Lonely Tree would be if they included a set of AI cards that could be added into any monsters deck, changing how it fights to actually be related to the tree itself.

Want an expansion that adds variant monsters where there is some kind of frenzy disease spreading around like in MH4? Well if it's not just a single trait card that starts in play, like the Lonely Tree, it's NEVER happening.

Or what about an expansion that adds elemental variants, as a set of cards that can be mixed into a monsters deck. I.E., being able to hunt specifically for a Fire Phoenix, Ice Phoenix, or Thunder Phonix, in addition to the normal one, each one still being mostly Phoenix cards, but having a few new attacks and resources based on the variant hunted? Nope sorry, Poots decided to destroy that entire design space just so he could make the backs of the cards look ~SPESHUL~ and ~PRETTY~. It makes sorting them slightly easier (except NOT because the AI cards should be sorted based on the Level of the card listed on the top right of the FRONT), and that's it.
>>
>>46058740
Draw from the bottom of the deck. Problem solved.
>>
>>46058740
All you really have to do to solve this problem is put the AI cards (or possibly even hit location cards too) into sleeves with opaque backs. Bundling expansions that would use these kinds of cards with a 50-pack of official KD:M sleeves would be the best the company could do officially to retrofit this kind of mechanic into existing decks.
>>
>>46058740
Or sleeve your cards.
>>
>>46058740
>This entire rant.
You should change your name to Universal Retard desu senpai.

I guess I can't blame MH and anime for creating stupids, but wow dude.
>>
>>46058740
The Hunt phase is equally badly designed, or at the very least, they have bad implementation. They are almost entirely unexpandable.

You have a dozen or so copies of identical cards, which then just say "Roll 1d100". You can get the exact same event multiple times in a row, and every single event has the exact same chance of showing up. There are really only 2 ways to add new hunt events to the game now: Have them be a new card, in which case the chance is now scaled EXTREMELY towards that event showing up every 2-3 hunts you go on, OR you have them be a new set of cards that have you roll on a different hunt event table instead of the core game table, which keeps from biasing the odds towards one particular event, but requires you to design an entire table of hunt events with any expansion planned to affect them, and prevents the players or mechanics from being able to influence the hunt events. In the KS he mentioned that sometimes the Kingsmen might be on patrol. Right now, that works as just "They wander into your settlement and fuck shit up." If the hunt phase/events had been designed differently, the Armored Strangers event could have added hunt events into the deck that made it possible for them to ambush you on the hunt. But nope, poots loves tables too much, so that's never happening.

Also they are absurdly redundant. Do you know how many hunt events on the table are just "Determine a straggler, roll 1d10, oh no the straggler is dead/injured"? I'm sure the number has to be AT LEAST 20. And all this could have been avoided, and more flexible probabilities added, if it was just changed so each of the Hunt event cards listed up to 10 hunt events, and you rolled on THAT table, instead of combining all of them into a single table that all cards reference. You could even skew probabilities to make certain events more/less common, without throwing off ALL of the numbers entirely.
>>
>>46058740
Stick to making the TTS mod anon, apparently common sense is too much for you to grasp.

The solution for this problem is even in the fucking rules.
>>
>making a board game meant from the start to be expandable, and designing it in a way that customizing the rules of the game requires making significant alterations and ignoring a large amount of the existing rules, is bad game design
How the fuck is this a controversial opinion?

Seriously, I love the game, it's innovative in numerous ways, and I think it was worth every penny. But it is fucking badly designed.

>>46059544
>>46058912
No shit. That doesn't make it any less shitty of an implementation. Especially when, as stated, the only reason it was done in the first place was for purely aesthetic reasons.

>>46058918
>>46058949
Exactly what I did, for exactly the reasons I listed. I would love some official card sleeves though.
>>
>>46059702
When you build a deck with multiple card backs,
draw from the bottom of the deck rather than the
top to avoid revealing what card comes next.

How is this such a bad thing? I don't get why drawing from the bottom from the deck instead of the top is that big of a deal.
>>
>>46059992
It's not a big deal. It's a simple thing to do, and only takes like a second longer. That isn't the issue. Especially not for someone who plays over Tabletop Sim, because then it's just 1 difference it button click. Woopty fucking do. The issue is that it can't be properly shuffled. Let's say a monster uses only a single card from the Butcher mixed into their deck. You shuffle the cards together and the Butcher is the card on top of the deck. Do you leave it, or keep shuffling? Either way, you now have information about the placement of certain cards in the deck, which literally defeats the purpose of shuffling the deck in the first place.

Drawing from the bottom of the deck is fine as a mechanic, when done properly. Pandemic is a great example of this. You frequently reshuffle the discarded infection cards and place them back on top of the deck, causing the same cards to get continuously drawn, while giving players the edge of knowing what cities to prepare for. However when an epidemic card is drawn, the only thing you know is that it won't infect a city you have seen infected in this game, because it's drawn from the bottom of the deck.

Pandemic properly uses drawing from the bottom of a deck for strategic purposes, while taking advantage of the fact that you have knowledge of the structure of the deck. Good game design.

Kingdom Death fucked with mechanics for purely aesthetic reasons, and shoehorned in a solution when one was needing, while pretending the deck is still randomized and just looking the other direction. That's bad game design.
>>
>>46060474
Just stop talking
>>
does anyone know if there is a complete list of the contents of each expansion? Want to double check that I'm not missing any cards.
>>
>>46060474
I think what you are talking about limits your design space for custom encounters, but doesn't necessarily make it worse. for one, try to design encounters that use more than one card from a given monster, so even if you know a Butcher card is on top, you won't know if it's a kick or a bite, for instance, until you draw it. I can see where your frustration is coming from, though. I already dropped a lot of money on this game, I don't want to drop more on card sleeves just to make house ruled in monsters perfectly fair.

I'm starting to think that Poots promised so many things to backers that he has started to forget everything he promised. I know he said they tested challenge scenarios, and they ended up not working well, but the Green Knight armor for instance requires several more sets than he said it would, and the whole Lion God. Lion God feels like, to me, that he started trying to design it, decided it wasn't working, and instead applied an idea for a hypothetical Lich monster that he had to it in order to save design time.

That all said, it's an amazing game. I get anxiety when I think about playing it because I've grown so attached to some of my survivors, and I don't really get that feeling from games these days. I think you just need to be prepared to houserule some things, which is something Poots even encourages you to do in the rule book. For instance, I now remove settlement events from the event deck after I draw them so I don't draw murder 4 times in a row like I did my first playthrough.
>>
Stupid question but I don't have their AI cards handy, but Sunstalker and Dragon King both have fire attacks, right?

Because I really want Spidicules, but the armor is flammable.
>>
>>46062750
I don't know Sunstalker, Phoenix and King's Hand both have abilities that destroy flammable gear. Dragon King actually doesn't, all his damage is radiation, not fire.
>>
>>46062595
Been doing same with Settlement Events - feels better than just not doing them. It makes it easier but likely still harder than no events at all. We didn't draw Murder, Skull Eater or Plague till late, so it all kinda happened at once.
That and rolling a d10 and picking X cards down in the deck to draw our Event is the only way A Strange Spot would ever actually be drawn at random too. It's larger than my other cards.
>>
>>46062875
What attack of Sunstalkers destroys flammable gear? I just went through the AI deck and didn't see anything.
>>
>>46063974

That should have been a period after Sunstalker, not a comma. I don't own Sunstalker, didn't know if it burned flammable gear or not.
>>
>>46064068
Well, then let me confirm that it does not destroy flammable gear.
>>
File: gorm_vomits3.jpg (91 KB, 900x507) Image search: [Google]
gorm_vomits3.jpg
91 KB, 900x507
Gorm expansion for TTS

Just upload the .json file to wherever you have your saved objects in TTS and load it from the chest in game.

Let me know if I missed any pieces

https://mega.nz/#!Qxw0wQCB!Zvlp2EV9M5gyxOrCycn6D-OrdW5gLMysqIfSrWXaMb8
>>
So it turns out the Sunstalker campaigns "Losing a nemesis encounter results in a game over" isn't as bad as it initially appears.

The first Nemesis happens in Lantern Year 20
>>
>>46064416
Interesting. I wonder if the nemesis monsters can sense it's about to awaken or something and decide to go try and... destroy it? Harvest it? Fuck it? All of the above?
>>
>>46064489
Look, if you want to get your nut off on a half melted fish monster with tentacle dicks instead of legs, that belches acid rainbows at you, well that's your call.

Best do it -before- it wakes up, though.
>>
>>46064416
The boss rush at the end is kind of interesting.
>>
>>46064558

The Sunstalker is ALWAYS awake. It's the Watcher that's asleep.
>>
File: wharf.jpg (24 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
wharf.jpg
24 KB, 400x307
Kinda want to paint my Gorm up like Stimpy, but not sure if I can make it work...
>>
>>46064758
Just give him pale hands and "lips"
Actually sounds like a p gud idea mang.
>>
I keep reading about people complaining about the gorm climate event, but what does it do? I'm on the fence about getting the expansion.
>>
File: 1457995889880.jpg (5 MB, 2160x9732) Image search: [Google]
1457995889880.jpg
5 MB, 2160x9732
>>46065582
>>
>>46064876
Maybe make the bulb blue. Not like that's a big deal. It's more the white on red. Maybe pale face and ruddy body to get the image across.
>>
>>46065639
Wait, so once you draw Gorm Climate, you are forever in Gorm Climate?
>>
>>46065639
So basically you're hunting gorms every year until you innovate song of the brave?

Alright, thanks. This definitely makes my decision easier.
>>
>>46065639
>gorm expac had great axes
Man, I want one of those for my dragon king armor survivor.
>>
>>46065857
you remove it if your settlement has the song of the brave innovation when you defeat a Gorm
>>
>>46065857
Nope. It's already added to the timeline by the event that lets you hunt them. So as soon as you add the expansion, it takes over the timeline. The only way to get rid of it is to innovate Song of the Brave, and then kill a Gorm.
>>
>>46066083

That sounds awful and you are right to hate it.
>>
All of this shit does NOT fit in the box. I'm going to need to make a new box or something. Don't suppose anybody's got any plans for one somewhere? I've got access to CNC machines.
>>
>>46066004
>see the prices of the expansions
>know I'll never get that great axe or the silk armor
Suffering
But not as much suffering as those that didn't kick the game.
>>
>>46066640
An Anon a few threads back had a picture of a box fitting it all: corner risers around the plastic inset provided a raised platform for the board, and the books and such went on that with all the cards below.
>>
>>46055885
How are they conflicting?

"Encourage at any time" is obviously referring to the timing. That is, you can Encourage in the middle of a monster's action.
>>
File: Sleeping Virus Flower.png (477 KB, 565x565) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping Virus Flower.png
477 KB, 565x565
Flower Knight expansion is scanned and cropped. Everything else is scanned, but not cropped yet. Gonna work on the remaining stuff in the morning. I really really hope I didn't miss any cards. Hopefully the mod will be done either tomorrow, or friday.

>>46067765
That is not at all what the conversation was about. Its about if you can target a survivor who is already standing with Encourage.

Language says yes, Glossary says no, Survival Actions is ambiguous.
>>
>>46068124
Wait, are you missing any of the expansions?

If not, I never managed to scan anything but gorm. Sorry.
>>
>>46068124
Are you checking that one google docs catalog someone made for the expansion contents?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>46066798
Was me.

I don't have sleeves on my cards though.
>>
What's the tumblr that keeps getting mentioned? Wasn't in the opening post. Does it perchance have the gear and innovation cards, etc? Thanks to the Mega link I have an offline copy of the rulebooks but now can't find gear from two weeks ago. Also currently devouring any AI/HL card spoilers.
>>
>>46055231
>I thought you were supposed to discard a AI card every time you reset the deck.
Not at all. When the deck is reset, you just shuffle the discards and use the stack as the deck.
>>
>>46055330
Not sure if trolling.
The "Rule of Death" you quoted is a guideline one how to determine what to do when a question arises during play. Like the part in every wargame rulebook that says "in case of a dispute roll off to see who's right".
It has nothing to do with what is the *correct* interpretation of any given rule.
>>
>>46055386
>Rulings about the expansions
Reread what I said.
He said (unrelated to any expansions and before they came out) that if you manage to hit a monster during the activation of its last AI card, it dies (and you don't need to "wound" the last AI card). Until the expansions came out, the only way to do this was to use surge. However, the Green Knight helm gives another way to wound the monster during its AI card, so I gave it as another example of the same rule.
>>
>>46055751
See >>46070028 .
Rule of Death is a helper for when you are playing. It is not to be used as a guideline for "rules lawyering" (in the positive sense) when determining the interaction between two rules that conflict.
From what I've seen, Adam is very much a RAW kind of guy when it comes to rulings, and his rulings are almost always letter over flavor.
>>
>>46057431
>No special card back for "Special" Innovations
Protip: When sorting through my cards, I put all innovations that don't have "X consequence" in one pile and the others in a second one. This helped me immensely.
>>
>>46058740
>Monster card backs not being different.
If you read the promo rules, there's actually a very neat solution for this:
1. Shuffle cards as normal
2. The bottom of the deck is now the top, and vice-versa. You draw from the bottom, you cat's eye from the bottom, you wound from the bottom
3. (My addition) take two proxy cards and put them on top of the AI and wound stack. When shuffling / wounding, don't look until the proxy card is back on top. That way you don't even know the back of the topmost card.
alternatively, just get about 50 opaque-backed card sleeves and use them when homebrewing.
>>
>>46059702
Expandable =/= customizable
>>
>>46061426
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BA0O3hy1Hny8U_cruFG6bGDmR90MzZ5jHa1vXuUca9w/pubhtml#
>>
File: SS_Solar_Track.jpg (35 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
SS_Solar_Track.jpg
35 KB, 540x960
>>46062750
>>46062875
>>46063974
>>46064068
>>46064293
Dragon King radiation doesn't destroy flammable equipment, but his lava pools do.
Sunstalker burns all your stuff every 3 turns with Solar Flare (see pic related)
>>
File: GenConLantern.jpg (170 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
GenConLantern.jpg
170 KB, 1333x1000
>>46032909
Can you make the full rules set available? Slenderman's one of the few expansions I don't have and I'm completely out of monies to throw at this game (I have downgraded to poorfag.) Will post an expansion I do have in exchange for the ones I'm missing!
>>
>>46068124
Can you please upload the scanned images the same way as the Gorm expansion? :-)
>>
Yuussss... All the cvards for Flower Knight et alt. would be veeeery awesome :-) !!!
>>
>>46071257
The rulebook is in the link in the OP
>>
>>46070577
Whoops. Missed that one. Well, it is a predictable affect, you could hide in shadows.
>>
Are all the armor kits that came in the main game worth anything? I only made the monsters and 4 starting survivors
>>
>>46073061
Sure. Depends on your build.
>>
>>46073223
I think he means the miniatures, not the gear.
>>46073061
They are "for show", though if you want to play the 5-6 player variant, you need to build 2 more (alternatively, consider building the intimacy couple on the Antelope / Hand sprue).
The kits themselves allow you to build WYSIWYG models of any survivor with any gear loadout - but are limited in amount so unless you use pins, magnets, or blue-tac, you're gonna run out.
A few things people do:
* Build a complete set of each armor kit, they look neat. Use them if you have a survivor that uses a kit
* Build models of survivors you liked especially, heroes of the settlement, the group you used to beat the Watcher, etc. for commemoration
* Just build loadouts and poses that look cool to you from all sets and use as you see fit
* Sell them all on eBay, untouched sprues could go for at least $25 each (that's how much they cost on the official shop on Black Friday)
>>
File: EPSON159.jpg (343 KB, 1336x1032) Image search: [Google]
EPSON159.jpg
343 KB, 1336x1032
>>46070530
That list is slightly off. It says there are 4 cards named "Serpent Wing" in the Dragon King Hit Location deck, which is wrong.

There are actually 2 cards called Serpent Wing, and 2 cards called Serpent Wing.

Some might argue its semantics, but if you are making a list to check for possible missing parts, knowing the cards are different is kinda important.
>>
File: Darkness Awareness.png (1 MB, 639x1003) Image search: [Google]
Darkness Awareness.png
1 MB, 639x1003
>>46044942
Its what allows you to gain his Secret Fighting Art, which is absolutely amazing if combined with something that forces you to always be insane, and something that ignores knockback.
>>
>>46073711
Very excited to fight the dragon King, but just started a People of the Stars campaign. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.
>>
People of the Sun Intimacy Probabilities

Basically, you NEVER want 2 impure people to breed, generally you want at least 1 Sun Eater to breed, and 2 Sun Eaters virtually guarantees a Child of the Sun (98% chance)

Seriously though, don't let two impure people breed. Bad idea.
>>
File: People of the Sun Intimacy.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
People of the Sun Intimacy.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46075139
Fixed a small formatting error.
>>
Hey guys, if we're getting Gorm and Dragon king to slap on the same campaign, and want a knight, which knight should we add?
>>
>>46075492
Flower Knight
Beetle Knight
Lion Knight.

Anyone is a good choice. I´ld go for Beetle
>>
>>46055244
waaaaaa

it's not like the butcher is even hard compared to the other shit out there. complaining about a rare as fuck occurance that can be avoided by using headbands, which are easy as fuck to get, is hilarious. i hope you roll 1s on your next settlement event bud
>>
>>46058912
/thread for all these children whining lol, good on you anon for using your brain
>>
this game looks extremely complicated to play
is it?
>>
>>46075695
Not really. It's got a lot of moving parts for a board game but not all at once and it's damned simple compared to an RPG, which it straddles the line on. Combat is easy to play, harder to win. Hunt phase is roll on tables. Civ phase is draw a card, card probably makes you roll on a table, then pay resources to perform actions. By the time you have a lot of choices for what actions to perform, you're more used to the game, it starts off very bare bones.
>>
Any pictures of painted Monsters? I rarely see any of those for some reason.
>>
>>46073711
good catch, I'll let them know
>>
>>46073711
>>46073873
>>46075139
>>46075169
TTS Anon, scan dump when?
>>
>>46072426
I'm talking about the Slenderman expansion content, bro.
>>
>>46075492
Lion Knight is completely unobtrusive.
The other two are quarries, and it's up to you whether you want something easier or harder.
Flower Knight might work for Dragon Civ.
>>
>>46069456
Got a template for those corner thingies?
>>
I'm loving the Spidicules model. She goes together so nicely, apart from shaving the sprue nubs on some of the more delicate hairs. And also had to do a little filing on her left ear.So creepy. So good.
>>
>>46078525
It's just eight squares (or four folded rectangles) and four corners to fit on them. I think I'm going to cut up a plastic box that an end mill came in for mine.
>>
>>46079807
>shaving the sprue nubs
Nail clipper?
>>
>>46079973
sprue cutter, straight razor, and occasionally a bit of filing.
>>
>>46079973
Not OP, but I've never considered using a nail clipper to get rid of flash. ill have to try that out tonight.
>>
File: stepan_alekseev_07a.jpg (151 KB, 860x1236) Image search: [Google]
stepan_alekseev_07a.jpg
151 KB, 860x1236
>>46075989
Seconding this. Painted survivors that arent the first four are rare too.
>>
File: MlHm0Zg.gif (979 KB, 331x255) Image search: [Google]
MlHm0Zg.gif
979 KB, 331x255
JESUS CHRIST

I've been wondering why the top of the Solar Track was rounded, instead of it just being a straight track like the Hunt board.
>>
File: White_Lion_WIP.png (268 KB, 337x464) Image search: [Google]
White_Lion_WIP.png
268 KB, 337x464
>>46075989
I haven't gotten back to painting/modifying my figs in months. Hopefully in April.

I'm probably a quarter of the of the way done with the White Lion right now. I'm thinking of doing the Tree next. I probably should try to get the base set done though. So much crap to assemble and paint...
>>
Going to fight the Gorm! Here goes nothing!
>>
>>46073711

So what happens when you run out of lava pools to place with the Dragon King? Do you just recycle old ones?
>>
>>46083278
Have fun getting melted
>>
File: image.jpg (814 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
814 KB, 1936x1936
Fucker's knocking us down all over. Worse than the antelope ever has.
>>
>>46084160
Get someone to use encourage at the start of the turn.
>>
>>46084160
Is... is your survivor decapitated?
>>
File: image.jpg (885 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
885 KB, 1936x1936
>>46084313
Cat knocked her off the desk.

EVERY ONE! Lying in a pool of vomit or face full of stanly Gorm Ass
>>
File: wlion.jpg (93 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wlion.jpg
93 KB, 1024x768
>>46075989
this is mine, the flash really accentuates the places where the matte varnish didn't get into nicely and makes it look weird.
>>
>>46055077
How are survivors supposed to tank that Speed 4 damage 4 hit? You can only dodge one of them and armor will only reasonably take a single hit in each location. (If at all …)
>>
File: image.jpg (958 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
958 KB, 1936x1936
One survivor left, her ax was destroyed, couple heavy injuries, and no stone. Gorm is down to basic actions. Wish her luck.
>>
And Ciaran wins with a critical hit to the Gorm's nuts. Hooray for earth!
>>
>>46084946
Lion God is pretty late game, it's not inconceivable that you could flip that card and have the survivor dodge 1 with survival, surge a shield block with another (or 2, depending on shield), and have the last one just miss due to some evasion bonuses and a low roll. Leaves you to tank the last blow on your Phoenix armor or whatever you happen to be wearing. It's a really nasty attack, but it's not unmitigatable. The fact that he can combo it into other shit though... Yeah. Tough monster.
>>
>>46085199
Well done anon. Now hope she doesn't die on the way back.
>>
TTS or another anon, if you have it handy, can you post the necromancer fighting art and wound table? I'm curious what it does for you.
>>
>>46086430
She lived, and birthed two healthy children. Our settlement's first. Leaves us with 7 people.
>>
File: A Worm Trauma.png (753 KB, 639x1003) Image search: [Google]
A Worm Trauma.png
753 KB, 639x1003
>>46086499
>>
>>46086707
How do you suffer an unspecified severe injury?
>>
>>46086707
6-7 and 8 are exactly the same, nice poots.
>>
>>46086707
Thank you! Can you post the front as well?
>>
>>46086859
If an attack or event specifies a hit location for a severe injury, as opposed to a random hit.

My question is, would it affect brain severe injuries?
>>
jesus christ anon rotate and resize your shit.
>>
i'm too scared to paint my models
i don't want to ruin them
i'm trying to think of a minimalist way to paint them and retain the theme of the game but i can't
>>
>>46087155
Solid colors (probably various shades of grey and pastels/washed out colors) with heavy shadows/shading and highlights.
>>
>>46087155
I don't know much about painting but can't you just strip the paint if you don't like how it came out? Like with simple green or something like that?
>>
>>46087155
you are not alone there
>>
>>46087204
do you have any examples?
>>46087206
i don't know jack shit about painting so i can't tell you
>>46087242
i hope we think of something soon
>>
File: kdm dragon king wip.jpg (78 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
kdm dragon king wip.jpg
78 KB, 720x960
>>46075989
current WIP...
>>
>>46087572
Nice! That's exactly my planned look! Keep us posted!
>>
>>46087572
What paints did you use for the glow?
>>
File: 2015-10-01 15.30.40.jpg (667 KB, 2830x827) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-01 15.30.40.jpg
667 KB, 2830x827
>>46087605
p3 arcane blue and citadel ceramite white.
Also the only other monster I've done.
>>
>>46087645
I wish I were half as good as you
>>
>>46087804
it just takes practice. Unfortunately, it takes a long time of being pretty bad before you see significant results.
Unless you're some sort of an artsy person, in which case you pick it up quicker.
>>
>>46087645
While well painted, it looks really derpy. Could use some shading or other details to make it more menacing.
>>
Come to think of it, the Dung Beetle Knight is probably the best deal out of all the expansions per dollar. Two survivor models, two monster models, a new crafting location, a fuckton of new gear, and it's in the cheapest "tier."
>>
>>46088734
Also features another legendary hunt which is pretty cool. Lots of flavor.
>>
>>46087572
how did you manage to get that glow?
>>
>>46075664
What's with all the random asshole replies in this thread?
>>
>>46089952
It's one guy trying to shitpost.
>>
>>46087572
Great job.

Holy shit though. The inside looks awkward to paint.
>>
So how does this game actually run? Is it a campaign like D&D or is it just a bunch of encounters? How long does the game last? I'm interested in getting this, but if it has to be run like D&D I'd be concerned about finding the time.

Also rereleased Black Knight when?
>>
>>46091845
It's a campaign, but there's not by default role playing like D&D. The campaign consists of, by default, 25 Lantern Years of gameplay, each Lantern Year consisting of Settlement, Hunt, and Showdown. One Lantern Year is a good 'session' of gameplay and takes about an hour. maybe a little north of that depending on all factors, which is way shorter than the low end for a satisfying D&D session.
>>
>>46091922
Interesting. How hardcore would you say the gameplay is? Like my boyfriend doesn't really like tactical games if they're too difficult. From what I understand it kind of has that Dark Souls "you can die at any time" feel to it. How inconvenient is that?
>>
File: 1447282592653.jpg (173 KB, 1010x810) Image search: [Google]
1447282592653.jpg
173 KB, 1010x810
I am thinking of getting an airbrush for painting the first 2-3 layers of the monsters before swapping to a real brush. Any suggestions on which set to get?

Thought about spending 150-200 Euro
>>
>>46092010
So you'll need an airbrush (gravity feed preferred, less wasteful) and a compressor. Amazon has a bunch of combo packages. Should be able to get both for about $100 USD.

I'd also highly recommend investing in a Spray Booth and an airbrush cleaning pot. The spray booth is so you don't fuck up your work environment and breath in paint fumes/particles, which will make you sick. The pot is so you can spray out the rest of the paint and spray airbrush cleaner somewhere, and act as a stand for your airbrush if you have to set it down while there's paint in it.

What size models are you trying to paint? How much flat space is there on the model? Because its really only time efficient to airbrush if there is a lot of flat space or the model is large. Otherwise you're better off hand brushing with very thin paint.
>>
>>46087572
The thumbnail looks like an evil cooked turkey and that made me laugh.
>>
>>46089044
I'm not the painter, but I think I understand what they did. They painted the inside turquoise, then did a green or blue wash, then relayered the turquoise on most of the inside, then heavily highlighted in a very light blue, then highlighted further in pure white. Then they painted the ribs, which are the skin color, but with the edges highlighted the same light blue then pure white.

It's a cool effect and not terribly difficult to pull off. Though the face being obscured by the ribs makes highlighting difficult, I imagine.
>>
>>46091989
The tactical combat isn't super hard but it does require applying strategic thought. The game eases you into it, though, because your suite of options starts at a mere "Move and attack" and grows over time, including terrain, survival actions, special gear effects, and so on in about that order and only as unlocked.

Honestly, the Showdown is probably the least "Anyone can die at any time" phase because you have some control over your fate between dodging, the padding against the random that armor represents, and even the severe injury table which CAN kill outright but is far more likely to apply penalties and bleeding tokens that add up to death over repeated hits. Other phases when you roll 1 on a d10 on all but the most benign tables you probably lose a survivor. It's pretty OK though because in almost every circumstance you will be survived by your gear and the settlement consists of more survivors than you'll use at any given time. KD:M is more about the survival of the settlement than of any one survivor -- it sucks to lose a badass veteran to childbirth or a bottomless pit but depending on where you are in the game you probably have a supply of faceless, nameless npcs or mildly skilled journeyman hunters to step up and start earning their own battle scars in earnest. My best tip is to work with that -- breed well and take a newbie or two alongside vets unless you NEED the hardest of hardcore teams for this fight.
>>
>>46092202
Can't unsee
>>
>>46092284
Ribs are separate pieces. Probably he glued them in after highlighting the face.
>>
>>46089044
Painted the blue, then started mixing blue with white until just painting white. Admittedly the the blending isn't perfect or anything, but since it's inside the chest it won't be seen too often unless actually being looked at.
>>46091538
I glued the ribs on after painting. Same with the wings, which I'll be working on separately so I can paint the body and wing parts easier.
>>
>>46092182
You know the big monsters like gorm and Phoenix
>>
>>46087645
>>46087572
>>46084803
>>46082340
Thanks. Are there any pictures of finished big monsters? I am mostly interested in the Phoenix.
>>
>>46093301
These are from the Google+ KD group, not my work.
>>
File: phoenixcloseup[1].jpg (489 KB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
phoenixcloseup[1].jpg
489 KB, 1296x972
>>46093301
>>46093366
>>
>>46093301
There are more monsters on there, but you said you were primarily interested in the Phoenix.
>>
>>46093366
This looks pretty cool, but I feel like just making it fully black kinda cheapens the miniature and the possibilities you could paint it in.
When I think of the Phoenix I think more of a really colorfull creature, a bit like >>46093379
>>
>>46093618
There's a fair bit of subtle tonal variation in the black phoenix, but I agree with you, everything about it (including the description of the feather and on the resources) hints at quite a colourful creature.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.