[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /tg/, I am going to referee D&D 3.5 battle between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1393604048184.png (47 KB, 225x272) Image search: [Google]
1393604048184.png
47 KB, 225x272
Hello /tg/, I am going to referee D&D 3.5 battle between 2 lvl 1 characters in several hours.

Rules are:
1) ECL = 1, HD = 1 (class levels only)
2) Point Buy 32
3) Magic of Incarnum is banned, Regional (related to any specific setting) books are banned.
4) BO3, fight arenas are created by 3rd party.

The point is, I am interested in just how strong optimized lvl1 characters are. Post your builds for those restrictions, ideas, rough estimations of damage/turn, DC of almost SoD spells and other stuff you might find interesting.
>>
>>46030723
Tell us how it turns out. What sort of minmaxers are you getting to run the test?
>>
>>46030723
Optimized what?
Off the top of my head, some sort of Cleric that gets two Quickened spells with Divine Metamagic and Extra Turning while only having to drop a 12 in Cha sounds quite useful, especially because you could attack right after.
Winning initiative might be more important, though, so don't quote me.
>>
>>46031026
Haven't been at 3.5 in a while so I just remembered that that would take one feat above the two max (unless Flaw gives free feat bullshit is allowed)
Still, simply dropping extra turning and getting two spells for the price of one while wearing heavy armor sounds pretty decent.
>>
>>46031079
Flaws are allowed, so according to both players optimization is mainly going to be around them.

Both are also pretty confident in turn one kills, so I guess initiative is going to be really important.

I am not really great at DnD optimization myself, this thread was mainly started to give me feel of "what to expect".
>>
>>46030723
What equipment is allowed? How much starting gold to purchase said equipment with?
>>
>>46031169
Is sourcing from Dragon allowed?
Hummingbird Familiar boosts Initiative.
Any feat that grants or boosts SR or increases spell DCs will likely be on the table.
How many flaws can they have?
>>
>>46031305
Maximum starting gold for that class. Equipment only from PHP.
>>46031383
2 Flaws max, Dragon magazine is banned.
>>
>>46031413
So armor is kind of not a thing then.

Barbarian > rage > greatsword > swing
>>
So they just started. Wizard opens with Maximized Empowered Enlarged Power Word: Pain off the Nerveskitter. I don't even.
>>
>>46033000
Wouldn't that be a level 5-6 spell? How is he casting that?
>>
>>46031540
Nevermind, a Greatsword costs 50 gp and a barbarian starts with 2d4 gp.
>>
>>46033000
When they're done can you give us scans or pictures of their char sheets? Or at least list off what they have?
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-15+at+07.45.03).png (24 KB, 698x697) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-15+at+07.45.03).png
24 KB, 698x697
Wizard makes absolutely heroic doublejump over 2 infinitely deep chasms by rolling exactly14 on die 2 times (he put crossclass points into jump skillfor that sweet +1) to have hopes of winning second fight.
>>
File: coffin.jpg (3 KB, 60x106) Image search: [Google]
coffin.jpg
3 KB, 60x106
Well, it ended. Battle of one-DoT mage vs Tempesan Erudite finished with 1 - 2 (1-3 if we count joke round) in favor of Erudite.

Charsheets are http://pastebin.com/qYJ3a5Xd

It was kind of fun, but Vigor spam while pet chases the enemy (entangled due to infinitely long quickened breath with 1-3 damage dot) vs 7-9 no save DoT was extremely wierd and dependant on arena.
>>
>>46034538
Can anybody explain to me how the fuck they have 4 and 6 feats at level 1?
>>
>>46035318
They might be using a book of flaws that allow them to select extra feats
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.