[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 1454360261852.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454360261852.jpg
471 KB, 1920x1080
Pathfinder General /pfg/

'Welcome to the Fairest of Lands' Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/TvnRtPbt

Old Thread: >>46021558
>>
>>46027056
First for you're all faggots.
>>
Blindsight, Tremor sense or Lifesense?
>>
>>46027068
We love you too anon.

>>46027078
Blindsight.
>>
>>46027078
They all have their weaknesses
Blindsight won't work if they don't make a sound
Tremorsense won't work if they don't touch the ground
Lifesense won't work if they're undead or constructs
>>
>>46027100
>thinking blindisght is sound-based
HOLY SHTI MACIMUM PLEBE TOP KEKE

"Some creatures possess blindsight, the extraordinary ability to use a non-visual sense (or a combination senses) to operate effectively without vision. Such senses may include sensitivity to vibrations, acute scent, keen hearing, or echolocation. This makes invisibility and concealment (even magical darkness) irrelevant to the creature (though it still can't see ethereal creatures). This ability operates out to a range specified in the creature description."
>>
>>46027100
>Blindsight won't work if they don't make a sound
Lol nope.
It depends on which way of blindsight you have. Most options don't require them to be loud to be detectable.
>>
>>46027056
Well shit, if you're just gonna leave an /invitation/ like that.

Fresh link to the Lords of the Mists - the Midway Faire playtes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pBP7kQ14gCc-xTsjIdK7EJov38IpDZFG73anj6KyifI/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback remains welcome.
>>
>>46027151
We're not called /dsp general/ for nothing
>>
File: b48.png (76 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
b48.png
76 KB, 680x383
>>46027185
>>
I want to bully a dragon.
>>
File: 1454453840205.jpg (153 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1454453840205.jpg
153 KB, 1366x768
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about your homebrews

And maybe we can update the pastebin to include some of the ones you've made.
>>
Does holy ammunition bestow negative levels on evil creatures using them? Since it's one of the main things which made me effective against our most common enemies lately (we're fighting CR 20 creatures while being lvl 13 ourselves).
My alignment will shift to evil around next game session and I'm curious as to how fucked I am.
>>
>>46027218
why would it not?
>>
>>46027218
Yep. Have fun with Jatembe's Ire, too, friendo.
>>
>>46027238
Welp, then I'm fucked for good.
Since many enemies have enormous DR/Good AND something.
>>46027249
I guess I will.

Being evil in a good campaign sucks, who would have thought?
>>
>>46027218
>we're fighting CR 20 creatures while being lvl 13 ourselves

That's stupid, and should also be literally impossible.

I mean, a single casting of Weird should wipe a 13th-level party in one go.
>>
>>46027260
Just get +4 weapons/ammo, those auto-bypass alignment-based DR.
>>
>>46027260
A +5 Weapon will bypass that
>>46027294
+4 Bypasses Adamantine
>>
>>46027294
It's +5 which ignores alignment DR.
Way outta my price range.

>>46027290
The DM usually cherrypicks creatures without at will fuck everyone.
At most it's something like 1/day DC 31 wail of the banshee.

>>46027306
+5 is pricey, but I guess I'll have to spend that money on ammunition. My current total wealth is around 140k.
>>
>>46027314
>>46027306
My bad. Still, +5 is 100k. Or spend a +4 equivalent on +3 bane (evil outsiders).
>>
>>46027314
>The DM usually cherrypicks creatures without at will fuck everyone.

I don't mean at will. I mean that literally everything what a CR 20 creature can do should kill a minimum of one 13th-level character every round and that at least 50+% of that will kill 2+ 13th-level characters a round.
>>
>>46027349
We have enough buffs and defence mechanisms at our disposal to live through those battles.
For example, my unbuffed fort is +5, with buffs it jumps up to +16.
And that's my lowest save.
>>
>>46027365
I'm also our main damage dealer. I dealt over 70% total damage of our party in our last boss fight. With me no longer having access to holy ammunition, we're all sorta fucked.
>>
>>46027365
Why would a level 13 character ever have +5 to his Fort Save? That is horrifying.
>>
>>46027405
8 con, bad fort save. Also, d8 hit dice.
It's what I used as an argument to convince my DM to allow me other cool things without nerfing me too much. Quite cool things.
>>
>>46027365
>+16 Fort save

So? At CR 20, even the "weak" abilities have DCs of 25+.
>>
>>46027428
What class are you?
>>
>>46027434
And I still have active abilities that can increase my saves further.
I've been lucky so far - survived a wail of the banshee which would deal almost 4x my total hp in damage by rolling 32 versus DC 31.
>>46027444
Investigator.
>>
File: SigilWalk.jpg (88 KB, 796x1048) Image search: [Google]
SigilWalk.jpg
88 KB, 796x1048
>>46027206
Well, I want to mindlink a psion.
>>
>>46027434
As for that - my buffed reflex is around 24. I'll pump it even higher soon - maybe even something like 26-27. And I have a ring of evasion. Good enough to be nigh-invulnerable to reflex save spells (especially important since with my HP they're save-or-die).
I can also roll reflex to avoid touch attacks that would otherwise hit me as an immediate action (the DM allowed me to have some leeway with 3pp stuff since I have 8 con, which is why I like the current arrangement).
So while I do have weaknesses, I also have strong sides.
>>
>>46027555
Have you got Twist Away? Stagger yourself next turn to roll reflex vs a fort save.
>>
>>46027578
He didn't allow qualifying for it via the ring of evasion as it would let me cover my main weakness way too easily.
And I don't want a 2 level dip into a shit class to get it normally.
>>
File: AtomicGreenLantern.jpg (196 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AtomicGreenLantern.jpg
196 KB, 1280x720
>>46027207
I already posted my Homebrews in the pastebin.
I worked on the Tanuki, Siege Technologist and Crimson Magus

My new project is the Psycher Aegis and Avatar Aegis

Psycher Aegis loses their Augment Suit class feature, but gains the Psychic Warrior power list (up to 4th level powers)

Consider this an 'ironman aegis archetype'

Avatar Aegis creates an Astral Avatar, which allows the Aegis to fight outside his armor, much like an Eidolon. The Avatar, by fluff, need not be humanoid shaped, and may assume any form given by the Aegis upon creation. (Use the Eidolon ruleset)
Form Astral Suit has been modified and they lose Astral Repair and instead gain the summoner's Merge Forms class feature

Consider this a 'green lantern aegis archetype'

Thoughts?
>>
Is there an Aegis archetype to let me play a Tiny creature piloting a Large astral suit?
>>
>>46027629
Try being a Small race, permanencing shrink person, and taking one of the astral suit mech archetypes.
>>
>>46027400
Why not just use a Linked-Striker weapon?
>>
>>46027746
Is that something from PoW? Our games have a blanket ban on PoW and any PoW-related content.
>>
>>46027645
>one of the astral suit mech archetypes

Is there such a thing?
>>
When a Collegiate Initiate/Magaambyan Arcanist learns a new spell with Halcyon Spell Lore to replace an old one, does he forfeit his ability to learn an entirely new spell at the same level or can he retrain and learn a new one at the same time?
>>
>>46027797
Yeah, they were all the rage in /pfg/ a few months ago.
>>
>>46027775
Actually, to be more exact, a blanket ban on all DSP content.
I never asked why, desu.
>>
>>46027812
Damn word filter.
>>
>>46027207
I had one, but I converted it to Fivey around the time it came out, but I could easily whack it back into the shape it started in. I've been working on it for about five years, thinking up everything from the creation myths accepted by most in-setting and the cosmic powers that hold sway (both of which are layered with half-truths and outright lies for the players I've told about it), down to the species that inhabit the world and the politics of its nations. What's funny is it all started from "You know what? I want a setting sans dwarves, elves, and other such Tolkienisms." This ultimately resulted in a big pile of monster people(my biggest soft spot being for Roman inspired ant people and Scando-Germanic beast-men), psychic humans, and the terrible secret that binds them all together. Even pulled out the Monster Manual and started refluffing monsters to better fit my cosmology, turning hobgoblins and orcs into a mashup of the Jem'hadar from Deep Space 9 and the Sardaukar from the Dune novels: warrior-slaves for technologically advanced faeries.
>>
>>46027612
That is VERY little loss for a LOT of gain on the Psyker Aegis. Honestly, while it's my favorite class, it doesn't need a buff like that.

... *COUGH*
*COUGH COUGH*
*COUGHECTOPICARTISANCOUGH*

>>46027645
And where are those, exactly?
>>
>>46027806
Were, except they never actually came out.
>>
>>46027612
Mate.. I hate to tell you.. The Avatar Aegis already exists.
>>
How do I make five characters who can combine their powers to form Captain Planet?
>>
What about the Aegis equivalent of the Bladebound Magus?

>Your suit is sapient
>Standard benefits of having an extra ally on your person, like awareness, uncanny dodge, double skill checks, free retaliate customization
>Can gamble to grant your suit more power temporarily in exchange for the chance of losing control and being taken over
>Suit gives you lewd massages inside your clothes during battle
>>
As a generic option for characters who want friends, how's this:

>NEW FEAT: Magic Familiar
>You get a familiar, as a wizard or witch of your character level -4 (minimum 1)

>NEW FEAT: Animal Acquaintance
>You get an animal companion, as a druid of your character level -4 (minimum 1)

And then you can take Boon Companion whenever you want to make it fully-fledged. Seems dumb that granting these is mostly on archetypes when they should reasonably fit nearly every single class and concept no strings attached.
>>
>>46027593
Eh. If you're dex-heavy, three levels of Rogue ain't bad for the dex to damage.

Assuming unchained of course because why would you not?
>>
>>46028020
Familiar Bond already exists anon desu!
>>
>>46028020
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/familiar-bond
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/eldritch-heritage (arcane)
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/animal-ally
>>
I found my new favorite part of Golarion.

>http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Orv

How many of the vaults have been features in adventure paths?
>>
>>46027868
That's because it was a godawful mess, and I think one of the main people working on it was Ssalarn.

And then gravity forgot he existed and he was FLUNG into outer space.
>>
>>46028048
>>46028053
Familiar bond is kind of awful though since that familiar can barely go into any archetypes.
>>
How would /pfg/ feel about an Orv theme'd adventure path?
>>
File: orz.gif (73 KB, 485x213) Image search: [Google]
orz.gif
73 KB, 485x213
>>46028100
I don't know what that is but it made me think of Orz, and that would be fucking rad/spooky.
>>
>>46028054
Not going to lie, it has a hot-mess of interesting sites to set an adventure. Might take my current group there. For lewd purposes, where do you guys think would be the best place to start?
>>
>>46028140
Are you a <happy camper>? Can we <make> with the <dancing> now?
>>
>>46028199
*Jumping* *peppers*! This is *smiley* time!
>>
>>46027983
Actually, that's the Crystal Warrior. Minus your ERP bits.

Additionally at 7th the psicrystal starts being able to use your ranged attack customizations to play turret too.
>>
>>46028100
Orv isn't a real 'theme', it's an excuse to plant any number of disparate settings within Golarion, especially if they demand an environment that wouldn't work with the rest of the world. It's thematically just like a plane-hopping campaign.
>>
The printed version of the Mithral Current discipline states that you must have either "the Quick Draw feat or a BAB or +1 or greater" to draw a weapon as part of a maneuver, and that "a soulknife with an unformed mind blade" counts as a warrior with a sheathed weapon. Soulknives have full BAB, so they have +1 or greater at all times. Does this mean, then, that a Mithral Current soulknife can form their mind blade as part of a maneuver, without needing the 5th-level Quick Draw ability?
>>
File: xp8CYgx.jpg (33 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
xp8CYgx.jpg
33 KB, 500x318
>>46027207
I'm working on a Harrow Summoner archetype
It doesn't really require a Harrow Deck, its just a class that can sacrifice his summoned monsters to cast summon monster of a level higher than his summoner level.

example:
A 5th level summoner casts Summon Monster 2 and Summon Monster 3
He may sacrifice those two monsters to cast Summon Monster 5, despite not being normally accessible at his level.

Pic related
>>
>>46028164
Minos-Pishat probably, there's a good mix of oozes, half-fiends and probably a minotaur or two down there. Sightless Sea also has a decent mix-up of encounters
>>
>>46028041
I'm ranged.
>>
Was rubato bard specifically designed to be T4? 6th level maneuvers are less versatile than 6th level spells. And compared to pathwalker psywar I don't see the need to remove spells at all.
>>
>>46028421
Can he sacrifice more than 2? Can he sacrifice three Summon Monster 3 monsters to get a Summon Monster 9 monster? Can he add Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon to a secret Summon Monster 10 list?
>>
>>46028464
I'm thinking of making a hard cap to prevent any shenanigans that may break the game.

In fact, part of my thought process involves less Tribute Summoning and more Fusion-like similar to Persona.
>>
>>46027207
Yiska
>the many-faced god of peaceful passings

>Ascension
Test of Starstone

>Portfolio
Happiness, Departure, Soothing, Passage

>Domains
Repose, Healing, Darkness, Travel

>Subdomains
Psychopomp, Restoration, Loss, Exploration

>Alignment
Neutral

>Sacred Animal
Whip-poor-will

>Sacred Color
Purple

>Favoured Weapon
Dagger

>Holy Symbol
A purple bird wearing a plain white mask

>Nationality
Unknown

He was once a Medium (Spirit Dancer) who completed the Test of Starstone and acts as a guide to the afterlife. Capable of adopting many guises, he comes to the dead in a form most comfortable to them and patiently leads them through the long night. Death is not seen as a negative to his followers but rather a new journey and their funerary rites are often a time of celebration - like a wake. Masks are often utilized in religious ceremonies and very region to region often meshing with local designs.
>>
>>46028464
Can he cast Ice9?
>>
File: edijanto-3.jpg (253 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
edijanto-3.jpg
253 KB, 1000x1000
Hello /pfg/

I'm looking for scans of the Advanced Bestiary, but I can't find them on the Trove, Google or any other pirate sites.

If one of you has access to it, I'd be forever in your debt if you could provide the page(s) regarding the Dunesage template.
>>
>>46028450
The Rubato doesn't do a perfect job of being a bard, but is a pretty good thing in its own right.

Considering how versatile Elemental Flux is, it still has some built-in utility, but I see it as more T-shaped than the regular bard.
Bard is T3 because it does a wide range of things decently, Rubato is low T3 because it does combat very solidly and can still do other stuff, but less well.
>>
>>46028421
Seems terribly over powered.
How many monsters can you sacrifice at once?
>>
>>46026586
>>46026366
>>46025543
>>46025825
For stats, I'm thinking something like

Str 15
Dex 26
Con -
Int 14
Wis 16
Cha 18
Bab: as class levels
Saves: as class levels

Weapons: a pair of twin revolvers that must be used in a pair. Probably +1 or +2 with an enchantment to aid in reloading fast on them both. Maybe Lucky as well.

Armor: basic +1 leather

Doom Grenade (Su): Hurls an orb of negative energy that explodes in a 15ft(Maybe 20-25) Exhausting all within. Reflex save DC 16 to avoid the effect.

Spectral Hands (Su) Creates spectral hands to hold his weapons. The hands move at a speed of 20. The Spectral Gunslinger must take a move action to move the hands. The hands fire the guns at the Gunslinger's will, allowing him to take cover and fire from a different spot.

Ghostly Visage (Su)[Needs a new name]: For one round, the Gunslinger takes on a semi-incorporeal nature, attacks seeming to pass through him. He gains Dr 15/-. This ability takes 1d4 rounds to recharge

As for traps, something like...

Blinding Rune (Sp) Places a trap that lasts for a day. The Gunslinger can remote activate it, causing targets in 5ft to make a Will save Dc 14 or be blinded for 1d4 rounds

Grasping Hands (Su) Places a trap that lasts for a day. The Gunslinger can remote detonate the trap causing targets within 10ft to be Ensnared on a failed Reflex save Dc 14

Debilitating Shards (Su) Places a trap that lasts one day. The Gunslinger can remote detonate these traps causing targets to take 3d6 damage on a failed Reflex save Dc 14 for half
>>
>>46028662
Just 2. Also, it has its own "math" similar to the results you get when you fuse monsters like in Shin Megami Tensei games.

If you sacrifice a magical beast + an outsider, the result would be summoning an Aberration 2-3 levels higher than what you sacrificed.
>>
>>46028675
Did you catch the memo that Rapid Reload makes Advanced Firearms (Like revolvers) reload as a free action?

And did you catch my 'gun twirling' post?
>>
>>46028723
I did not catch either of those memos. Which is the gun twirling?
>>
>>46028731
Gun Twirling lets you holster firearms as a free action (And feint at a distance, which is the main component of it). Combined with advanced firearms reloading as a free action if you have rapid reload, you can holster one gun, reload the other, holster the loaded one, draw the unloaded one, load it, then draw the first loaded one, all using free actions.

Essentially reloading your guns in a flurry of spinning and metal clicks.
>>
>>46028731
Rapid Reload turns all advanced firearms into a free action. Gun Twirling is a grit feat where you can holster a pistol as a free action, but it costs like five feats, it's taxy as fuck. A better choice is to find some other way to gain a free hand, or count as having a free hand. Taking two levels in Juggler Bard is one possibility.
>>
What's a good amount of gold for a 4th level party in a treasure trove? My players are looking to buy a house and have money to spare, they're currently around 2000 gp on each of their persons.
>>
>>46028766
Meow
>>
>>46028768
>Gun Twirling is a grit feat where you can holster a pistol as a free action, but it costs like five feats, it's taxy as fuck.
Eww. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/mixed-combat-combat
>>
>>46028768
Weapon Focus and Dazzling Display.

And then Quickdraw for the holstering component, but you were likely to have quickdraw anyway.

Dazzling Display I don't get as a prereq, but it's not THAT taxy. Gunslingers get a few bonus feats too.

>>46028846
Gun Twirling's primary function is letting you feint at a range of 30 feet. The free action holster is just an extra thing.
>>
>>46028766
As tempting as that is, I think I'll keep it so that the guy has a bunch of ghostly spectral hands. While that's cool, and certainly something I'm keeping track of, I don't think it much fits the tone. Even if one of the players keeps trying to choke slam random children ooc
>>
>>46028766
>Gun Twirling lets you holster firearms as a free action (And feint at a distance, which is the main component of it). Combined with advanced firearms reloading as a free action if you have rapid reload, you can holster one gun, reload the other, holster the loaded one, draw the unloaded one, load it, then draw the first loaded one, all using free actions.

Assuming someone from Paizo isn't about to go 'This is why we set limits on free actions/turn!'
>>
>>46028846
Yeah, if DM allows path of war, there's so many different feats and class features and disciplines that make dual pistols super viable and downright deadly. But 1p material is harder to pull off.

One interesting trick is to take the Prehensile Hair witch hex and use it as a free hand to hold your gun while you reload, but being a hairless skeleton I'm not sure he'd be eligible.
>>
>>46028894
Any initiator classes that work with guns? I'm assuming Solar Wind does, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>46028902
Anything that allows "an attack" or "a ranged attack" would work fine with guns senpai
>>
>>46028894
Yeah, but Prehensile Hair is only 1minute/day, which is really only enough for one encounter.

>>46028902
The privateer class template and Gunsmoke Mystic from PoW:E.
>>
>>46028865
Fair enough.

Hey, if you're giving him multiple hands, Leaping Shot Deed might be fun.

It's sadly one of those feats that has Mobility and Dodge as a prerequisite, but lets you make one attack with each firearm you're wielding as you dive through the air ala Max Payne.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/leaping-shot-deed-grit

Alternatively, depending on your class's environmental awareness, you could fill the place with cover... let them take cover... and then give him Ricochet Shot, letting him bounce bullets around to ignore it.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/ricochet-shot-deed-grit

I like Gunslingers.
>>
>>46028894
Alchemist tentacle. Can be picked up by a mere 2 lvl dip into alchemist.
>>
>>46028941
>Skeletentacle
That takes some alchemical doing, I tell y'hwhat.
>>
How would you guys go about making a cavalier I wanted to play one for a while but I don't want to be a knock off useless fighter. Any tips?
>>
>>46028955
>I want to be a cavalier but I don't want to be a cavalier

You're gonna have a bad time

Paladins are better cavaliers than Cavaliers.
>>
>>46028955
What are you even trying to achieve in the first place?
>>
>>46028951
Vestigial arm is the less cooler alchemist option if you dislike skeletentacles.
>>
>>46028955
Cavaliers are hardly knockoffs of Fighters. They're pretty darn nice, really.

Challenge makes it so that they don't have to worry about keeping up their melee damage.

Tactician lets them make good use of teamwork feats.

Order abilities range from nice to hella nice, like letting yourself and everyone around you charge a guy at the same time in the same action, becoming unkillable by hp damage as long as you yourself can keep killing hard enough, or declaring any one d20 roll to have been a 20, the wording even letting you trigger things like Vorpal.

Cavaliers are NICE.
>>
>>46028706
Going to explain this "math"?

>If you sacrifice a magical beast + an outsider, the result would be summoning an Aberration 2-3 levels higher than what you sacrificed.
Oh jesus christ, you better make up a table so people can look up what adding x and y gets them.
Also what happens if summon a monster whose type is not on that particular spell level?
>>
>>46029016
My Witch raised some Mind Flayers as skeletons.

They just have massive gaping holes in their faces.
>>
>>46029032
>Also what happens if summon a monster whose type is not on that particular spell level?

Then you're fucked.
>>
>>46028936
I like em too, but most places I've looked wont allow em so I haven't looked too deeply into them in a long time.

I doubt they'll take cover, as most of them don't really have a ranged option, and I wanna get them to know that's not a good idea. Or if they surprise me, hey. Good job, guys.

Would you say just going straight Gunslinger, taking some feats For PoW maneuvers, and then calling it a day is about where I should go?

Also do you happen to have any undead gunslinger pictures? Preferably ghostly ones.
>>
>>46029028
>Tactician lets them make good use of teamwork feats.
Take a level as something else with full BAB, then at Cav level 9 get Coordinated Charge.

Have the entire party charge on a swift action.
>>
>>46028401
Touhoufag please go.
>>
>>46029087
This guy's got a little left in the flesh department, but... he's got multiple arms?
>>
>>46029191
Touhoufagfag please let it go.
>>
>>46029087
Alternatively, you could use something of Western Ghost Rider.
>>
File: Spectre.jpg (176 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
Spectre.jpg
176 KB, 595x842
>>46029220
That could work.
Mostly what I've been imagining is a ghostly humanoid who is largely intact flesh-wise. Kinda like a spectre. Pic relate for the kinda thing I'm looking for. I cannot, for the life of me, remember the word I'm looking for
>>
>>46029284
Sorta wraith-ey?
>>
So how does one get an ability to the 40+ range in a way one might actually do in a campaign?
>>
>>46029313
All the buffs.
>>
>>46029284
Not exactly what you're after, but it's vague enough that it could pull in a pinch.
>>
>>46029299
Yeah, sorta.

On a different tangent: about how many class levels should I give the guy? He's supposed to be a challenge on his own, so I'm thinking around 12 or so since the party is level 5
>>
First 1-2 decides my next character. Paizo only.
>>
File: gunslinger 2.jpg (150 KB, 600x927) Image search: [Google]
gunslinger 2.jpg
150 KB, 600x927
>>46029087
i've got some
>>
>>46029337
Oh man, that looks badass. Hell, I'll probably use that and describe the man as pale and otherworldly on his appearance. Thanks, mate!
>>
>>46029347
Vow of Poverty Chained Monk.
>>
File: Gunslinger 3.jpg (288 KB, 600x845) Image search: [Google]
Gunslinger 3.jpg
288 KB, 600x845
>>46029352
>>
File: gunslinger 4.jpg (478 KB, 888x804) Image search: [Google]
gunslinger 4.jpg
478 KB, 888x804
>>46029367
>>
File: 1452927527048.jpg (66 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
1452927527048.jpg
66 KB, 300x287
>>46029362
Who hurt you, anon?
>>
>>46029362
Alright. Let's do it. I'll report in if I can get things rolling.
>>
>>46029315
What ability buffs are there besides the +4 ones?
>>
>>46029400
Mutagen, elemental form, transformation, sacred/profane from outsiders (a succubus can give a +2 profane bonus, for example), etc.
Buffs can stack up to over +20 to one stat together, if you're dedicated.
>>
>>46029338
Do you want him to only have Gunslinger levels, or stuff in other things like say, Fighter or Rogue?

If you gave him two levels of Rogue, you could get Ninja Trick>Wall Climber, to let him easily get to high ground and screw with them from out of range. Also nabs him Evasion.

If you gave him five (A lot, I know) levels of Fighter, you could take the Advanced Weapon Training feat and get him Weapon Sacrifice. That would let him take an otherwise fatal attack to one of his guns instead, potentially destroying it, which would be a really nice thematic moment.
>>
>>46029417
Grand mutagen, to be more exact.
>>
>>46029417
And all of that is doable by a single alchemist, I believe.
>>
>>46029429
I was thinking all gunslinger levels, but mostly gunslinger works for me. Weapon Sacrifice would be good, though if the players do that I'd have to leave it as a regular gun without a few of the enhancements.

Don't Gunslingers get a form of Evasion?
>>
>>46029455
They get the Evasive deed which requires them to have at least 1 grit point, and gives them the effect of evasion, uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge.

Moreover though it's a 15th level deed.
>>
>>46029448
>>46029417
And how would you go about that when not an Alchemist yourself, and there's not one in the party, either? I don't really see a GM going "Sure, have this NPC pump your main ability to ridiculous levels"
>>
>>46029500
Mutation warrior fighter archetype + a bard or other spellcaster (preferably brown fur transmuter arcanist) in your party for additional buffs.
>>
>>46029467
>>46029467
That IS an issue. I'll probably cap his levels out a teither 13 or 14, and might go rogue 2, and the rest gunslinger. Maybe a few Fighter levels
>>
Good morning /pfg/.

Been really busy lately (and running around without a trip for a bit), but I figured I should probably show back up at some point.
>>
>>46029517
Seriously, though, grand mutagen is the single best ability score buff in the game.
You ain't going far without it.
>>
>>46029455
5 levels of Fighter also gets you three combat feats, as opposed to gunslinger getting you one combat/grit feat, if feats run a little tight.
>>
How do you make a strong and independent martial artist who needs no magic/magic equipment?
>>
>>46029595
Vow of poverty chained monk.
>>
>>46029595
by not playing pathfinder
>>
>>46029595
Never go above level 5-6.
>>
>>46029555
Whatever you decide on, do come back and storytime about it afterwards!

You could save a level if he's a Weapon Master Fighter. They get access to the feat at level 4 rather than 5.

Could also get some dueling gloves to bump up his weapon training bonus.
>>
>>46029595
Sorry, this is not a game where the underdog wins and where heroes are made, here only the one who has more magic items and higher level spells wins.
>>
>>46029595
Deadly fist soulknife / aberrant aegis / awakened blade. Psionics isn't magic, nor are supernatural abilities.
>>
>>46029595
Can I ask what your motivation is here?

Specifically, are you trying to avoid dealing with the annoyance of buying equipment (which can get tedious at high levels) or do you dislike the christmas tree effect (in which you're carrying a full arsenal of magic items and suck without them), or something else?
>>
>>46029652
It totally is magic, stop lying to yourself.

It's just a different kind of magic.
>>
> Party is already below WBL
> GM offers to make up for it
> Martials and gishs in my party think they don't need magic item to function and refuse

Why..?
>>
>>46029455
Assuming a +2 revolver, they'd have to do 32 damage in a single attack to completely destroy it? Which doesn't seem like that much.
>>
>>46029660
In that case, >>46029604 >>46029647
>>
>>46029595
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/automatic-bonus-progression

Ask for the +2 level low-magic variant. It works pretty well honestly.
>>
>>46029667
Take all their shekels. Craft them items. Obtain profit of half of shekels taken.
>>
>>46029595
What do you mean by "no magic"?
You mean literally no magical abilities? try another game
You mean some minor magical abilities? try another game
You mean gish? try another game
Unless you're full caster you can't do shit without magic items, and forget about "combat", this is about casting SoD spells
>>
>>46029634
Will do! Game is supposed to be later today (It's, like 6 in the morning and I haven't slept. I'm hoping to get to this fight today if one of the players is done being sick)
Is Pistolero any good as an archetype?

Thanks for the advice
>>
>>46029727
>and forget about "combat", this is about casting SoD spells
SoD spells suck because they allow, well, save, and most of them allow SR. No-save-fuck-you battlefield control and buffing big stupid fighters is way more effective.
>>
>>46029703
Man, those variant rules are really awesome if you're a monk
>>
>>46029752
Still, he wants to be strong and independent, pretty sure he doesn't want to have 5 boosts from his casters friends to do something meaningless
>>
>>46029759
Yeah... but you're still a Monk, even with them.
>>
>>46029709
I might actually take up craft Wondrous Item next level. But I don't thinks the gish would let of go "muh build" for Craft Magic arms and armors though
>>
>>46029703
This. You will kick ass and be terrifyingly effective as an Unchained Monk using the automatic bonus progression. You can even limit your Ki Powers to non-magical effects and still be fairly effective.
>>
>>46029729
It's not the worst archetype, but doesn't really give you much, mostly just Up Close And Deadly.

Worth having a look at Mysterious Stranger though. They use Charisma instead of Wisdom for their Grit, and if he's undead, he'll want a good amount of Charisma anyway.

It also lets him ignore misfires (Which would be pretty crappy for the mysterious wrath gunslinger to have happen to him), and spend grit to add his charisma modifier to damage. Downside is they don't get their first Gun Training until level 9. Depending on your gun setting rules though, his first coulda been at level 1, and woulda thus accelerated his second to level 5. Theoretically. GM call but that's you, so.
>>
>>46029776
>even with them
Actually, you don't get the +X to your Armor and your Shield neither the +X to your Weapons, because you're a monk and have neither Armor, neither Shield nor Weapons, I was being sarcastic, on top of being a monk these variant rules literally ignore you.
>>
>>46029667
>>46029790
So, uh, your martial refuse to take bonuses to hit, damage, ac and saves?
Then your DM should either scale down monster numbers, their CRs, or don't do it and let them die. After talking to them like sensible adult of course.
>>
>>46029799
I recommend you to reread that link, anon.
>>
>>46029752
Except this is Pathfinder we're talking about, not 3.5. Stuff like Solid Fog isn't as good as it was before, and when it comes to monster saves, Reflex is a shit save. Combine that with the fact that you can make your fireballs daze enemies for 3 rounds if they fail a save, and well...
>>
>>46029809
+ armour can be applied to clothes, it's then assumed they initially had 0 ac
>>
>>46029809
You can choose clothing as "armor", but yeah, no shield bonus or weapon bonus for you if you're a monk
>>
>>46029809
It mentions you can use normal clothes for your armor attunement. And monk fists can be treated as manufactured weapons for effects that improve them.

>A monk's unarmed strike is treated as both a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons.

So yeah. Auto bonus progression still helps monks.
>>
>>46029821
Walls and pits are still here, fogs still limit visibility, and dazing fireball should be banned is technically save-or-suck.
>>46029838
UCmonk's unarmed strike doesn't count as weapon any more?
>>
>>46029838
Most DM's would allow weapon attunement to AoMF
>>
>>46029802
My gun rules are...iffy. None of the players wanted them, but they ARE things. Not usually Advanced, but still are things.

I'll lower his Wis by 4, and raise his cha by 2 and make him a Mysterious stranger. Probably still wont be as big a challenge as I hope, but who knows?
>>
>>46029817
Yeah. They blame all their miss attack and low damage on the dice... I don't even know how to convince them anymore..

missing an attack on 12-13 shouldn't be acceptable...
>>
>>46029839
>>46029844
So you have to wait to at least 8th level to have a +1 to one fist and one leg?
>>
>>46029844
Save or lose all your actions for 3 rounds is definitely save or lose, not save or suck.
>>
>>46029667
>Martials and gishs in my party think they don't need magic item to function and refuse
They shouldn't.
Also it might go against their character concept, see >>46029595

You, GM included of course, have to talk to them and tell them you can't function if you don't have magic items and bonuses from spells on you if you're a martial, you can't, even if you try really hard, if they stil refuse, change system to some more "inner strength" friendly
>>
>>46029809
A monks unarmed attacks are considered manufactures and natural weapons for the purposes of effects.

You can use the bonus granted by Armor on clothing.

It's almost like they made it available to monks and wizards as well as other classes or something.
>>
Hey PFG.
Besides harm, are there any high level spells I can use on my players which reduce those affected to -1, 0, or 1 hp and stable?
>>
>>46029861
Unarmed Strike is only ever referred to as ONE thing.

"A Monk's unarmed strike' for instance. So the 'weapon' you're attuning yourself to is effectively 'my body' not just 'my arm'
>>
>>46029888
Anything at all that deals massive amounts of damage, and give the caster the Golden Legion's Stayed Blade feat. Any time you do damage (Including spells) and it'd kill someone, you can choose for them to be left stable at -1 instead.
>>
>>46029890
Then why amulet of mighty fists cost more than one or even two magic weapons of the same bonus? I thought it was because unarmed strike were many weapons.
>>
>>46029901
Nah, it's because Paizo doesn't want monks to be good.

It's why they made Ki Intensifying and then explicitly banned it from being used with unarmed strikes.
>>
>>46029819
I've used that build. It works fine even when other characters have magic items because they're still using those magic items for the big six. with Ki Powers you get access to enough utility magic to cope with a lot of issues, and style strikes give attacks that bypass DR/miss chance/hardness/grant move+attak/grant AC bonuses,

>>46029861
Only if you get to keep other magic items. If you give up access to all magic items, you move two levels up on that table, meaning you're treated as 8th level at 5th. Ki Pool powers are useful enough you won't need other magic items since you have the Unchained abilities and access to the Qigong monk power list as well.
>>
>>46029901
Because paizo hates martials.
>>
>>46029857
Well, I can only hope for the best for this ghostly gunslinger of yours. Just make sure he's got some means of keeping at range and he shouldn't do too poorly.

The area being trapped with those traps that entangle will REALLY help him out, since they'll do things like break charges and make people cautious about moving.

And I suppose the world itself doesn't need to be at Guns Everywhere setting so much as the dude himself does, really.
>>
i am reading spheres of power and i am a bit baffled by the armorist. this spellcasting full BAB class seems to get a free weapon and a free armor fully enhanced for free.

for example at level 5 the class seems to gain permanently gain a +2 weapon and a +2 full armor for 0 gold points and 0 spell points. isn't this a bit broken?
>>
>>46029915
And let's not forget, even if we're being stupid and insisting that a monk has to imbue his fists and feet and headbutt and whatever separately; a monk can use the SAME WEAPON for every attack in a flurry. I have a single +2 fist? Fine, I'll make four attacks with that one +2 fist.
>>
>>46029926
>spellcasting
It has 1/2 CL iirc.
>>
>>46029922
I was probably gonna put two of those traps, and one of the others each. Might end up having him back pedal a lot and fire, duck behind cover and just kite the people.

Yeah, this guy is a bit of an oddity. Mostly trying to get revenge of sorts on someone.
>>
>>46029901
>cost more than one or even two magic weapons of the same bonus
But that's wrong. They cost exactly as much as two magic weapons of the same bonus.

The AoMF, however, does apply to all natural attacks, which is probably what you're thinking of. It can be a bargain if you have enough natural attacks.
>>
>>46029888
Psychic Thrust from Occult Adventures does exactly that..
>>
>>46029930
>a monk can use the SAME WEAPON for every attack in a flurry
Problem with unchained is that style strikes come from different body parts
>>
>>46029926
Not really.

They've 'expended' class features to get those. If not for them having those features, they'd have some other abilities in their place.
>>
>>46029901
one amulet work on all natural weapons.
>>
>>46029941
>They cost exactly as much as two magic weapons of the same bonus.
Depends the source, anon.
>>
>>46029950
And one magic greatsword works on all iteratives, what's your point?
>>
>>46029882
I tried to convince the GM to run other system (Savage World) once before. He said he doesn't feel comfortable with anything that isn't d20.
>>
>>46029964
But amulet works on both natural attacks AND iterative attacks.

Are you not playing a kungfu-dinosaur druid who Claw Claw Bite Headbutt Headbutt Headbutt?
>>
>>46029970
Then tell him to use this >>46029703

3.PF doesn't like people who isn't decked on magic items
>>
This guy sounds like a barrel of fun, if I'm honest.

Good luck!

Another possible thought occurs. Two levels of Rogue could also get you the Stand Up Rogue Talent, allowing you to stand as a free action and not be concerned about going prone after a Leaping Shot Deed. This would allow him to more easily keep distance while keeping up the attacks so long as he has Grit to spend on Leaping Shot. Just another thought.
>>
>>46029991
I'll try. Hopefully I can bribe him with pizza or beer or something.
>>
File: 1423886617801.png (181 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1423886617801.png
181 KB, 303x311
>>46029964
The difference, of course, being that you won't get your first iterative until level 5 at the earliest, whereas you can have six natural attacks at level 2.
>>
>>46030028
>first iterative
Meant level 6 goddamn it it's almost 5 AM.
>>
>>46030028
You don't have 2000 GPs at level 2 either.
>>
>>46029926
Magic weapons and armor are not particularly powerful, honestly. They ARE useful, and you do want to have them, but there are numerous ways to get them... including just spending gold, the most abundant resource you'll have.

In addition, with its low caster level (half of its level) and minimal number of magic talents (also half its level), the armorist is a martial character with some magical side benefits similar to Ranger or Paladin.

In my experience, people easily overestimate just how much magical weapons and armor do - which is why the 3.5 soulknife (and the base soulknife DSP ported over to Pathfinder) was always something of an underperformer. It sounds a lot better than it really is, for some reason.
>>
File: 1439392977041.gif (297 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1439392977041.gif
297 KB, 500x281
>>46030037
Just one more hour and you get your first iterative.

Go to bed, you madman.
>>
Does bleed damage persist? If I deal, dunno, 3 bleed damage (1d4) due bleeding attack feat that enemy takes 3 damage every turn?
>>
>>46030115
Yep.
>>
File: 1345676571962.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1345676571962.gif
2 MB, 288x288
What do we build with 14 11 14 18 11 12, pre-racials?
>>
>>46030141
Warder, go 18 11 14 14(+2) 12 11 or 14(+2) 11 14 18 12 11 if the race doesn't give +int
>>
>>46030115
You roll the bleed damage amount each round. Literally stated by devs.
>>
>>46030155
>>46030141

I should mention, non-psionics.
>>
>>46030141
In that order? wizard
>>
>>46030170
Warder doesn't have any psionic features, anon. What are you talking about?
>>
>>46030181
Accidentally clicked on him.

Muh bad.
>>
File: 1390852749622.png (49 KB, 1111x1024) Image search: [Google]
1390852749622.png
49 KB, 1111x1024
>>46029603
Anon, are you having a bad day? Do you want to talk about it?
>>
>>46029250
But it IS 2hufag.
>>
>>46029595
Why would you play this character? You would have no reason to go on adventures.
>>
>>46030229
>Wants to become strong by himself
>Wants to beat the evil dude without relying on magic trinkets
>Etc
Is like you don't have imagination, btw, it's a pretty used trope of warriors in hundreds of books, even more in oriental mythos.
>>
>>46030115
You would roll a 1d4 at the start of the enemies turn every round.

Roll a 3? 3 Bleed Damage
Next Round..
Roll a 1? 1 Bleed Damage
etc...
>>
>>46030251
>oriental mythos
>>46029660
Are you trying to troll?
>>
>>46029595
>>46029647

what if he just pick a good fighter class with high attack bonus abilities, get a bard into his party ( inspire courage is not magic r-right?) and just dump all his gold into his teammates?

as long as his attack bonus doesn't fall behind he will get along just nice until really late levels, even if he will become less and less pwoerful compared to his teammates.
One of his teammates should find a spell to let everyone pierce heavy DR on a target,without having to buff him directly.
>>
>>46030223
Are you sure?

For that matter, who cares? Was it a bad question?
>>
>>46030268
Do you prefer the word eastern?
>>
>>46029896
>>46029946
The caster's gonna be a lich-While he's technically epic levels, I don't see him burning a feat on that unfortunately.
And for the second person, no it doesn't? Only thing with a similar name is Mind thrust, and that's just straight damage.
>>
>>46030229
That's literally the monk description, anon, a dude who shoulnd't rely on equipment but only on his body.
>>
>>46030272
You makes me look up..
> Inspire Courage (Su)
> SU

I guess it is magic... does this means inspire courage doesn't work in Anti Magic Field?
>>
>>46030272
He would still suck asses and be literally useless.
>>
>>46030251
Probably because you're doing a poor job of selling the concept. Play something else. Or a no-magic setting.
>>
>>46030285
Cause I swear such a spell exists, but if nobody else remembers it either, I'll just pull a Mass Harm out of my ass.
>>
>>46030280
How many eastern mythos with completely mundane heroes are there compared with these who use supernatural abilities?
>>
>>46030300
Why should he sell the concept? he doesn't want to sell it to you, he wants to play it. Also, maybe you want to be billy, they dude with 5 tons of magic items, legendary swords, epic armors, etc, who could have not accomplish shit if he lacked any of that, but maybe he wants to play David, the dude who relied only in his arms and back and beat the evil dude with his own power.
>>
>>46030272
I wouldn't waste my time babysitting this character.
I'd just use the gold he gave me to hire a mercenary or cohort, or summons some pets and buff them instead.
>>
>>46030314
I'm not him, but I think that by no magic he meat no full caster shenanigans, I hope that

Of course he needs supernatural abilities, how does he expect to punch a dragon if his str is below 18? how does he expect to do anything while being a dude with average stats and npc classes? That's what I assumed though, no full casting shenanigans

I would recommend something like steel fist commando or sacred fist, though in this system you still need magic items to accomplish anything on melee combat
>>
>>46030273
Why would we want to answer touhoufag's questions? That just encourages him to stick around.
>>
>>46030314
Heck, completely mundane heroes without any magic equipment are kinda hard to come by in ANY mythos. You can find normal guys, you can find guys without magical equipment (though those are rarer), but someone without either?

There's like a handful of them at best, and those are probably debatable.
>>
>>46030326
>I wouldn't waste my time babysitting this character.

considering he wouldn't want to be buffed by magic, you litterally could not babysit him at all.
>>
>>46030316
Why can't he build it himself? I don't care if he wants to be Gary Stu who can fly and pick up boulders "with his own power that's basically magic anyway".

I'm trying to save him the trouble and suggest he use his imagination or play in a setting/system that can actually accommodate what he wants to play. I don't see you doing anything help at all.
>>
>>46030351
>considering he wouldn't want to be buffed by magic
I heard barbarians with superstition are pretty good.
>>
>>46030351
So he's steamrolling through everything with his martial might or getting his ass handed to him because he too good for energy resistance, overcoming dr, mobility, vision, heals, and all that other magic shit.
>>
>>46030273
>>46030344
Touhoufag is a blight and needs to stay out of /pfg/.
>>
>>46030379
People whining about him are worse.

He asked one question. There's been at least five posts bitching about him having dared to say something in a public fucking area.
>>
>>46030273
>>46030387
Gareth blacklisted Touhou from /pfg/.
>>
>>46030398
I'm... pretty sure Gareth doesn't have that power?
>>
>>46030398
Bait.
>>
File: shieldbro.jpg (176 KB, 733x1090) Image search: [Google]
shieldbro.jpg
176 KB, 733x1090
Can I make Shieldbro with Paizo only content?
Bonus point if I can get a fat raccoon as animal companion.
>>
>>46030289
The Monk still needs equipment though.
He can't fly or breathe underwater on his own, but given the concept he should be able to last a lot longer underwater, and his unarmed strike should be like the soulknife instead of reliant on magic weapon, magic fang, or that gay ass overpriced amulet.
>>
File: 1457337678626.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457337678626.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>46030398
He didn't.

You're an ass and your bait is poor.
>>
File: 6e9.png (29 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
6e9.png
29 KB, 500x275
>>46030398
THIS tired old meme?
>>
File: 1443122543690.jpg (145 KB, 628x1273) Image search: [Google]
1443122543690.jpg
145 KB, 628x1273
>>46030417
And you don't need to fight that way. It's just a different way of roleplaying a character.

I played a particularly ascetic monk, he was very capable through body mods. He did end up using magic items, but never to the extent that he would be at a disadvantage if he should be disarmed or they were rendered defunct.
>>
I need suitably silly names for leadership roles under a Magocracy. I know Royal Enforcer will be Honorary Muscle Wizard
>>
>>46030510
You need a Grand Poobah.
>>
>>46030510
Grand Wizard
Grand Dragon
Grand Titan
Grand Giant
Grand Cyclops
Grand Magi
Imperial Wizard
Exalted Cyclops
King Kleagle
>From a real life magocracy
>>
>>46030411
Some kind of shield-using Magus? It changes abilities so often that it can't be a normal magic item.
>>
>>46028578
I'm pretty sure it is in the trove, under 3rd Party -> Green Ronin Publishing
>>
>>46030554
Why the fuck does the KKK use these titles anyways?
>>
>>46030591
Because the Klan are neeeeeeeeeeeeerds.
>>
>>46030591
It's a LARP that went too far. Originally it was just a bunch of Wizards complaining how black people wouldn't have been in fantasy medieval Europe.
>>
>>46030591
I have no idea, they're pretty nuts.

Their territory used to be referred to 'The Invisible Empire', but their terminology is straight out of Mortal Kombat.

"Klannishness" - refers to loyalty to family, nation, race, and the Ku Klux Klan itself. This term was in common usage during the 1920s Klan period.
"Klonvocation", "Klonvokation" also" National Klonklave" - a national convention and legislature of the Ku Klux Klan. In June 1941 the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan held their Tenth Biennial Klonvocation in Atlanta.
"Kloncilium" - an advisory and judicial body appointed by the Imperial Wizard. It substitutes as a legislature when the Klonvocation is not in session.[2]
"Klectoken" - the $10 initiation fee (Second Era)
"Klanton" - the jurisdiction of a klavern.
"Kigy" - means "Klansman, I greet you."
>>
>>46030575
I did not realize the Advanced Bestiary was 3pp.

Thanks a bunch!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.