[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok distinguished gentlemen and ladies of /tg/, I am in need of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1404338350814.jpg (196 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1404338350814.jpg
196 KB, 800x800
Ok distinguished gentlemen and ladies of /tg/, I am in need of your assistance. Im holding a get together at my house for D&D, etc and i need ideas for what to feed my guests. Now, i make a mean chili but im sure that they would want something with a little more panache. any ideas for recipes? Also tabletop etiquette thread
>>
Meat bread, see 1d4 Chan

Bourbon and coke if they're drinkers but that's a personal preference.
>>
>>46003409
That actually looks pretty good. Got anymore ideas anon?
>>
My mates are usually partial to pizza, soft drinks, alcohol and assorted snacks. From the mention of chili and the meat bread interest I gather you're looking to prepare something.

I'd suggest a ploughman's board, not the most /tg/ thing in the world but they're always good, sausage, cheese, Apple slices and branston pickle. It's traditional English/Irish fare and I've yet to hear complaints so far.
>>
>>46003327
Well, I like chilli.

Just do chilli and beer / strong cider, and some tonic water or lemonade for any non-alcohol drinkers. Based completely off my own preferences.
>>
>>46003556
im mostly looking for something to fill a stomach, if worst comes to worst i'll make a snack tray and and whip up some chili. maybe pick up some cider like you said.
>>
>>46003327
I'd recommend something dry & clean- things like sandwiches and chips+dip. The sort of thing you can eat while playing and not worry about staining your character sheet.
>>
>>46003327
What sort of time frame does your game operate on? Would your players be ok with stopping for an hour to eat?
>>
>>46003327

Finger foods are always good, I try to bring pigs inna blanket to my games and they go over well.
>>
>>46003573
If the chilli isn't enough then perhaps you could serve it with bread or rice? I think I would prefer bread - perhaps you could buy a few cheap baguettes, hollow them out a bit and fill them with chilli?

If you don't want to cook anything then as the other anon mentioned, there's always the ploughman's. You can put any cold savoury food in it mostly.
>>
>>46003599
it's going to be on the 21st and the 22nd since i have those days off. my main worry is that i'll do all this work and no one will show up
>>
Make chili with beans...and maybe potato chunks.
>>
OP here. I'm going to make a hearty chili with beans and potatoes (as per anon suggestion) with sweet tea, sodas and beer to wash it down. I'll have chips, a snack tray (probably) and in case anyone is of the vegetarian persuasion, something without meat in it for them to enjoy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.