[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you never see elven farmers in fantasy settings, and humans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
If you never see elven farmers in fantasy settings, and humans are supposedly the best at agriculture, does that mean that elves take humans as slaves to work at plantations to exploit humans' agricultural skills?
>>
File: image.png (891 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
891 KB, 900x600
>>
>>46002874
Yes, and then the slave owning elven mistress calls the sweaty, calloused field hand in and...
>>
>>46002874
Elves don't farm because they live in "harmony" with the land where as humans "exploit" it in most fantasy settings.

But you already knew that and just wanted an excuse to post shitty loli, didn't you?
>>
File: african elf.jpg (135 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
african elf.jpg
135 KB, 1080x1350
>>46002874
Of course not, the dwarves do that because they think that mining is noble.

The elves use dwarves slaves for picking fruits.

And the humans use elves as furniture.

And I use cachaça.
>>
>>46002874
No, I think it means elves cheat a lot by liberally applying magic to their food supply problems. Helped by the fact that elves don't have as many mouths to feed in the first place.
>>
>>46003281
>the fact that elves don't have as many mouths to feed in the first place.
Are you saying that Elves are actually the infertile young of a mouthless, breeding species-much like a caterpillar is to a butterfly or moth?
>>
>>46003319
Yes. Where do you think all of those giant trees in elven forests even come from?
>>
>>46002908
go on
>>
>>46003336
Nah, that'd be like the Piggies from Speaker of the Dead..
>>
>>46003319
...No? I mean, that's interesting enough, but I just mean they tend to have orders of magnitude smaller populations and so are more likely to get away with smaller scale ways of getting food.
>>
>>46002874
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>46002874
Wait, I thought elves were really close with nature or some dumb bullshit, why are humans better at agriculture?
>>
>>46003590
Hippies can't grow potatoes as well as they grow the dank stuff.
>>
>>46003049
>loli
>>
Which settings make agriculture mankind's thing?
>>
>>46003590
They're not, Elves can grow enough food for an entire city with a handful of nature Mages over a few acres while Humans need miles and miles of farmland.

Having your house grow food for you helps too
>>
>>46003590
Elves dont need agriculture, they just pick fruits and stuff from the plants naturally growing around them

AND ENGAGE IN WILD HUNTS
>>
Elves cultivate enchanted gardens and orchards and go on wild hunts. They don't farm, they their lessers to do that, like goblins.
>>
>>46002874
Thats a big leap in logic, why do you think a consistently CG race would own slaves? Why don't you instead assume they use magic like for everything considering thats the other thing they differ from humans?
>>
>>46002874
Well, in my setting there are no dwarven farmers so I'll swap elves and dwarves around for your scenario. Dwarves don't enslave humans, they trade: living deep in the mountains and being miners at heart they can access all kinds of crazy ores humans can only dream of (basically every fantasy ore like mythral or cold iron is found ind warven mines in my setting) which is then traded with humans for agricultural resources. Dwarves are almost entirely reliant on trade with the humans for survival.
>>
No. They live off the leaves, fruits and roots of the jungle plants like all the other dumb animals of the jungle.
High elves farm and mine like the civilized races, and drow stay in the dark depths of the underground where they belong because they know they were made entirely to fuel Gary Gygax's domination fetish. They eat nothing but cave bugs, bats, mushrooms and if they're lucky salt rock.
Any other races are assumed extinct in any world worth a damn.
>>
>>46002874
TES Aldmer Farmers are superb farmers. Able to grow corn that tasted like oranges. Also they use a lot of goblin slaves. They also utilised giants as workers.
>>
>>46002874
They have Magic Arcologies.

Farming is for the poor races that can't afford proper large-scale enchantment.
>>
>Pedospammer is back
>>
Elves eat leaves, bark and grass. Problem solved. Shit race.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.