[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best way to shuffle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: dsfg.png (1 MB, 966x682) Image search: [Google]
dsfg.png
1 MB, 966x682
https://youtu.be/zjLp5wh5y90?list=FL92tdk1ZlVINAp4qxaUr3mA

for Pokemon,Magic, etc. cards
>>
>>45995091
Spread out the bottom pile more before letting the top half fall into the gaps, then push them together. just jamming them down into each other will cause average sleeves to break quicker.
Also shuffle with more of a slant downwards. He can easily see the cards and could shuffle them in an advantageous way for himself. This applies to his deck and yours when an opponent shuffles it.
Always put the deck on the table after and cut towards the opponent. Looks natural and leaves it in a good place for them to pick up.
>>
File: shufflin.png (28 KB, 987x426) Image search: [Google]
shufflin.png
28 KB, 987x426
I usually go for 3 weave shuffles; with the bottom half going into the top half, an overhand shuffle and then 3 more weaves after that. Only because I watched a math vid that said 7 riffles is what randomizes a deck.

I always cut my opponents deck with a half cut, maybe a little higher/lower for variance. But I never shuffle there deck. Also fuck pile shufflers, especially ones who count their cards.
>>
>>45997996

I take it your a casual player? Pile shuffling is specifically meant to count your cards before a match and after SB, it's not even technically shuffling.
>>
>>45997741
thanks for the advice! yeah I'm working on keeping the bottom looser. And it's funny you mention the "seeing your cards" aspect. I noticed I was staring at my whole deck fly by . . . which isn't good.
>>
>>45998388

There are plenty of competitive players who still pile shuffle. It's a huge pain, since it does nothing but slow down the match, but judges refuse to give slow play warnings for it.
>>
>>45997996
>>46001432
>I mana weave and hate pile shufflers and want them to be penalized for cheating

Yeah stacking your deck and not randomizing it is so much better. Mana weaving fuck.
>>
Why are players allowed to shuffle their own decks in professional rounds?
Seems uncouth to let that happen. There should be approved, neutral shufflers for that.
>>
>>46001432
It's necessary, because most MtG players are hypercompetetive, unsufferable cunts that do 't care about how they win. So they'll sic a judge at you if they lose, let him count your deck and if you're off, get you disqualified.

>>46003553
Hold your horses, mate, no need to use the m word.
>>
>>45995091
the autism is sooooo real in the OP's pic.
>>
I usually do a semi-mash type shuffle to get the cards I drew/which are on the table together, then do an overhand shuffle to get it all together.
>>
I do a mix between Hindu shuffling and 3 packet mash 2 or 3 times.

If it's after a pile I do it about 5 to 7 times.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.