[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG LEGACY GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 11
File: doomsday.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
Rate my trash edition. In which we post and rate each other's trash.

Rate my trash:
DDFT - http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
>>
File: eternalmaster.jpg (57 KB, 393x362) Image search: [Google]
eternalmaster.jpg
57 KB, 393x362
My vision on what eternal master should have been.
>>
>>45992386
Sometimes dreams just have to stay dreams.
>>
Are there going to be ANY original cards in Eternal Masters, or is it going to be just non-reserve list legacy staples?
>>
>>45992064
Also the deck seems meh. I haven't seen it play though maybe I am wrong.

I mean it seems a lot less consistent than TES or ANT and that random emrakul on the side is just for shits and giggles right?
>>
>>45993212
It should be like modern masters, so reprints only.
It kind of hurts that what was originally an uncommon is now a mythic simply because of monetary value rather than its use in limited.
>predictions for eternal masters, wish list
>>
>>45994748
frantic search unban

don't care for anything in the non reserve list
>>
>>45994748
Predictions:
>90% shit
Wishilist:
>Not complete shit

I mean, if what we have seen in commander sets and MM2 keeps being true, it's not going to be anything to be excited about. Also I don't like the modern masters treatment eternal is having. Just look at reserved list cards, many of them are shooting high up in the skies.

Wish for reprints fuckers! For only 99.99$ per booster.
>>
>>45995049
Merfolk is actually competitive I don't know why people don't play it as much.
>>
File: reprints.jpg (92 KB, 788x543) Image search: [Google]
reprints.jpg
92 KB, 788x543
>>45995252
meant to post with pictures.

basically, yeah, the only thing holding me back is picking up a playset of these. I don't want the current ugly FoWs if they're gonna reprint nice new ones. Even if they're mythics. New Wastelands should help with the prices.

>Merfolk is actually competitive I don't know why people don't play it as much.
I guess they think there's better shit. For me, it's just a few cards swapped and my modern deck is okay for Legacy. Been thinking about doing it since a local store does weekly legacy with a ~20 man turnout.
>>
BUG Delver:

Lands: 19
3 misty
3 verdant
3 delta
4 underground sea
1 bayou
1 trop
4 wasteland

Creatures: 15
4 deathrite
4 delver
4 goyf
2 bob
1 true-name nemesis

Planeswalkers: 1
1 Liliana of the Veil

Sorceries: 8
4 hymn to tourach
4 ponder

Instants: 17
4 force
4 daze
4 abrupt decay
4 brainstorm
1 dismember

Sideboard:
1 Liliana of the Veil
1 pithing needle
1 grafdiggers cage
1 dismember
1 engineered plague
2 disfigure
2 golgari charm
1 Flusterstorm
2 surgical extraction
1 life from the loam
2 thoughseize

Thoughts? The sideboard is currently in the most flux, but the maindeck has a couple flex slots. The Bob's, tnn, 1 force and 1 hymn maybe
>>
>>45993292
The random shelldock isle/emrakul randomly beats blue heavy decks. It's actually highly consistent. It trades about a turn of speed vs TES/ANT for the ability to beat more types of hate, especially permanent-based hate.
>>
>>45995984
I think you should play more flusterstorms in the side.
>>
>>45996174
Shelldock/emrakul is mostly anti-miracles isn't he?

Doomsday also randomly loses to stuff like thought scour or surgical extraction. Also if someone brings their modern lantern control deck?
>>
>>45996290
I was on 2, but the storm and miracles matchups already seem very good. Thoughtseize and hymn are proactive, and the deck generally wants to tap out every turn
>>
>>45996352
Yeah, Shelldock/emmy can be used for that. Need to watch out for terminus, of course. Vs miracles I usually bring in Decay and Shelldock/Emmy for a couple rituals and lotus petal, maybe a Top.
Doomsday doesn't necesarily lose to surgical extraction. But a lot of combo decks randomly lose to certain things. In my time playing doomsday the thing I lose to most often is my own fuckups.
>>
>>45996410
I think a lot of storm decks would rather play vs BUG delver than any other delver.
>>
>>45996577
Doesn't surgical on doomsday in response to gitaxian probe/top actually ruin your day?
>>
>>45996410
Would you want something like Engineered Explosives? maybe as a 1-of?
>>
>>45996618
RUG runs more soft counters, grixus runs therapy. It might not be as bad a matchup as RUG, but it still feels quite strong. Being able to attack storm from 2 angles is pretty strong.
>>
>>45996688
Against what? I'm running other board wipe effects against elves and d and t
>>
>>45996632
yes. which is why you don't doomsday blindly and build piles thoughtlessly. You can use the discard spells to try to stop your opponent from doing things like that. You could try to have 2 ways to draw into the pile, like probe + top so you can respond with top to get the top card of your pile. You can use the sideboard Infernal Contract as your draw spell and build the pile so that the order of the cards doesn't matter. There are ways around something like that. The key difference between DDFT and other storm decks is that it doesn't want to go off ASAP, partially because it can't. it doesn't have the same redundancy that other storm decks can use to power through countermagic and such. It wants to wait as long as possible, so that you can have the resources to go off through the hate you know about and know you can beat.
>>
>>45996759
I don't know exactly. Unexpected bullshit? with three colors you can nab random shit, and 2+-for-1 your opponent, which Decay can't do. But you know the deck better than I do, so maybe it's not worth the slot.
>>
>>45996898
I'm trying to run more as an aggro deck than control. Also ee for 0-2 are pretty damaging to my own plan.
>>
>>45997069
I suppose that's a good point.
>>
>>45997135
If I want to board into control I could go to 20 lands and throw in a pernicious deed
>>
File: lol.jpg (48 KB, 637x489) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
48 KB, 637x489
>>45995561
How early can you pre-order singles from card retailers?

I wouldn't mind getting some new FOWs.
>>
Muh niggas <3 who here Pox main like I? c:
>>
>>45998472
How is Pox vs Infect in flavor legacy?
>>
>>45998822
Breh that match up is too ez, but in modern it's almost impossible too
win unless you get smallpox.
>>
>>45998472
I have Mono-B Pox built and think it's great fun, but I don't have the brain to play control.
>>
>>45999429
Familia it's a very rewarding deck c:. I'm just missing 1x Nether Void and 1x The abyss to finish the deck. I heard after you get those two the deck really jumps on power. So what are you playing I'm legacy instead if you don't like control? :p
>>
>>45999591
I'm the Doomsday guy that's been posting. I like having decks at very different ends of the spectrum that I can play if I get bored of one. I built Pox because I could build a decent budget version and slowly upgrade it as I had funds. Now I have everything except those two 4-cmc enchantments.
>>
>>45999837
Bro how is doomsday (Pox player here) it looks fun af.
>>
>>46000276
It's a hell of a lot of fun. You can learn like 3 basic piles and play it well enough to have fun, and then once you learn the deck better you can do shit like beat resolved Thalia and Gaddock Teeg with a double-doomsday storm pile, Or build piles that can win right away with tendrils if your opponent doesn't have the stifle you think they have, and win the next turn with Lab Maniac if they do.
>>
>>46000586
Breh post list pl0x
>>
I play omnitell on xmage cuz nobody plays legacy on my lgs
Deck rocks
>>
>>46000621
up here
>>45992064
>>
>>46000775
<3
>>
>>46000807
There are a few flex slots. I'm not totally sold on the Chromatic Sphere. Might make it another Petal. You can also swap the main LabMan out for the Chain of Vapor in the board, depending on what kind of hate you expect to be most prevalent. Lab Man is better in blue heavy metas, since he lets you build Pass-the-turn piles more easily, which can be important to beat slow blue decks. Chain is better if there are decks with permanent-based hate like Hatebears or MUD where you may need to remove a hatepiece while going off.
>>
>>45992386
What the shit is this, Wasteland is at rare? How am I supposed to profit off of my excess 'lands?
>>
>>45994865
Is that the retail price? How many cards per pack, 8 or 9?
>>
>>46000956
If you cut sphere you really should cut lab man.
The lab man pile generally seems worse than assembling shelldock pass pile
>>
>>46001183
If you cut Lab Man from the main you should really cut Sphere. But Lab Man should always be in the 75. You don't need to pass the turn to win with lab man, but you always need to pass the turn with Shelldock+Emmy. All three kills (Tendrils/LabMan/Shelldock+Emmy) are vulnerable to different hate and beat different hate. I always include all 3 in the 75 and you should too.
>>
>>46001294
>>46001183
also LabMan can kill no matter the life total
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 1800x1200
Any other Miracles players here? Do you guys prefer the legends builds or the durdle versions? Secret tech? How salty do people get when you get Countertop going? This is what I've been running. Need to replace the Ghostly Prison with a Moat (when I can find one) depending on any changes to the format after the B&R update.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-11-15-qSI-wizard-tribal/
>>
>>46002176
I played it for a while, but moved on to greener pastures. It makes playing other decks more fun when you understand that CB isn't just a super chalice, and that casting spells into it can be pretty good
>>
>>46002176
Don't bother getting a Moat, I don't even bother playing in person anymore.

Last time I did everyone got so salty about the one I cracked in a pack over 20 years ago and kept accusing me of spending hundreds of dollars on a card. One kid tried to steal it.
>>
What's the consensus on the eldrazi deck? Its kind of pushed me off storm and onto delver. What I'm concerned about is how to sideboard
>>45995984
Is my current list. Are disfigures good off the board? The matchup doesn't feel that bad, but sometimes their deck hits and looks pretty good. Right now my plan is -4 force on the play -2daxe/-2force on the draw and + disfigure, dismember and Liliana. I'm considering cutting some stuff for 2 baleful strix. Is that too reactionary?
>>
>>46003680
I don't think disfigure is that great, although the overlap against other decks makes them better. I think strix is fine, good even. As for the deck itself, it's clearly a contender but not a scourge like in modern. It will ebb and flow as people get used to it. For a while it will be flowing after the modern bans.
>>
>>45995561
I think Alliances Force is just as good. It and Counterbalance are two of my favourite cards because of their contrast. The new FoW art is amazing but it's a bit bled out and boring in the top corners.
>>
>>45992064
thanks bruh
I want to pull the trigger and build the deck.
It just tickles that inner Johnny so nicely
>>
>>45995561
>having this shit taste
>>
>>45998472

I run a Pox build, but I've been tinkering with adding Haakon/Knights because fffffuck me I got tired of my opponent topdecking Swords to Plowshares and killing my only creature. Tell me what you think:

Haakon x 3
Gatekeeper of Malakir x 3
Stromgald Crusader x 2

Dark Ritual x 4
Duress x 4
Hymn to Tourach x 4
Smallpox x 4
Raven’s Crime x 2
Nameless Inversion x 3
Pox x 2
Waste Not x 2
Liliana of the Veil x 1
Phyrexian arena x 1

Land (25)
Dakmor Salvage x 3
Mishra’s Factory x 2
Swamp x 20
>>
>>45995561
Old FoW art is better, the Alliance art actually represents the card's effects, while new FoW is yet more generic waves hands around doing blue shit.
>>
>>46006325
>>46010397
>>46010588
Old art is better. I just hate old card styles especially when they're the one card out of the bunch. I like my edgy modern looks and my Genuine®©™ hologram.

I contemplated getting Judge Foils, but, not with the reprint coming.
>>
Guys, I need some advice. I am trying to build Death and Taxes, upgrading from my modern Death and Taxes (it's dogshit in comparrison). I've pretty much got all the pieces save for the lands and Stoneforge Mystics, and the small things like Mom but thats easy to acquire.

So far I've traded a shitton of shocklands to get my first copy of an (Italian)Karakas. With the goal of running 3 in my deck. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to get my playset of Rasidan's first, or finish up getting Karakas. Or maybe getting some Wastelands ahead of time. I know some of these -could- be reprinted in Eternal Masters, but knowing Wizards I'm scared as fuck they are going to fuck up, and it's going to be OG modern masters all over again. Or they don't reprint the land(s) I need and they skyrocket in price like with what happened to Inkmoth Nexus.
>>
>>46011130
Wastelands will be reprinted as a rare. It's one of two spoilered cards.
>>
>>46011219
>rarity upgrade from uncommon to rare
>really small print run
>increase demand cause everyone wants to play legacy now

Dunno man, it's looking pretty bad to me.
>>
Is it a dick move to call up a guy about a previous trade you did, realizing the version you traded for is worth way less then the other version of the card? It's a pretty substantial difference too, like 30-40ish dollars. Or is the trade just done and over with, and too bad so sad for me? The guy didn't rip me off, it was a genuine mistake.
>>
>>46011264
I don't think that EM will increase demand for legacy as much as MM did. I expect more players to open one and try to trade for more standard junk.
>>
>>46011538
Bring it up casually next time you see them, make a decision based on their reaction
>>
>>46011603
I don't really see the guy outside of FNMs, and I sorta want to message him on Skype asap so we don't totally forget the cards we traded. Or is messaging the dude online a bad idea?
>>
>>46011538
Ask him, but if he says no, it'slLesson learned, you're fucked. It'd be a dick move to pressure him into trading back.
>>
Looking to buy proxies to finish Pox and Grixis Delver, anyone know where I can get some good ones?
>>
>>46012417
yeah at killyourself.com/faggot
>>
>>46011538
Out of curiosity; which card?
>>
File: FoilDeck.jpg (97 KB, 800x398) Image search: [Google]
FoilDeck.jpg
97 KB, 800x398
Thought I'd ask Legacy too.

http://strawpoll.me/7082637

How much of your deck is foiled?
>>
>>46013514
I foil out the storm cards in ANT, but not the rest of the deck
>>
>>46013514
fuck foiling shit man. LEDs and duals are expensive enough as is. Fuck.
>>
>>46014256
I know it's expensive, and I know it's probably a stupid idea. I just get this urge to do it.
>>
File: 1453338038841.png (182 KB, 335x323) Image search: [Google]
1453338038841.png
182 KB, 335x323
>>46013514
Spoiler that image next time.
>>
>>46013514
Bit of a legacy newfag here. What deck is that?
>>
>>46017440
a bad one.
>>
>>46017440
One I found in Google.
>>
>>46013514
nice flavor shit deck
>>
>>46018459
see >>46017440
>>46018369
>>
I like casting hymn to tourach. What's the best deck that runs hymn to tourach?
>>
>>45996618
I would play any deck vs RUG delver if I was guaranteed to be on the play every game.

I have hundreds and hundreds of games with bug delver and rug delver and if all I had the 'must win' I would take bug everytime, even before this eldrazi meme

i switched to lands because of the amount of people in trying legacy and playing eldrazi, you want to fun police? fuck you im going durdle and jerk myself off while you do nothing
>>
>>46019691
BUG delver or shardless BUG if you want to have decent matchups across the board, Pox if you want to also cast sinkhole or smallpox and don't care about winning
>>
>>46019692
I want to play lands to fuck the eldrazi player, but he's actually a retarded kid who doesn't like blue decks so I would feel pretty bad just fucking on him
>>
>>46011130
Wasteland is more central to the decks game plan than karakas, get 4 wastes before you get your karakas'
>>
>>46010588

>implying the alliances art isn't equally cliche blue Mage counterspell art

Idk what you're seeing that I'm not

The dude is clearly having a moment of intense willpower and magical energy surrounds him

I like the old art but in terms of what it depicts, you're a literal subhuman shit eating faggot if you think there's a substantive difference between alliances and eternal masters
>>
>>45995984
Whats the over-under on this list but -1 TNN +1 disfigure main, -1 disfigure +1 flusterstorm or go for the throat sideboard?

The meta is 75% to face elves, rug delver, soldrazi and belcher and a reasonable chance of infect.

Is the lili in the sideboard necessary? I could go -1 disfigue -1 liliana of the veil + 2 baleful strix SB
>>
>>45993212
>all these people only thinking about legacy
It's been explicitly stated that it'll be nolthing but non-reserved reprints, focused around the 4 most common eternal formats: vintage, legacy, EDH, and cube.
>>
File: 106.jpg (59 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
106.jpg
59 KB, 312x445
Is there a decent Legacy brew with Gamekeeper? It seems like it'd fit into a Nic Fit shell given its ability upon being sacrificed, and Nic Fit having access to the ramp needed to cast it, but I haven't been finding anything.
>>
>>46027098
The problem is that he really wants to be the only creature in your deck, so in nic fit your best case scenario would be to be running only big creatures, but then you end up cutting down on deathrite or veteran explorer. Hitting itself isn't great either.

That being said its nic fit so anything goes. let's build it. You want to minimize your bad hits, so you might want to run a bunch of cheap planeswalkers as your early spells, then have your cheap creatures be 4 veteran explorer 1 dryad arbor. I was initially thinking of going for a recurring nightmare build, but he doesn't actually play nice with that. Maybe pod nic fit, but then you're playing a bunch of curve fillers which suck to hit

If you want to really build around him, maybe try 4 GSZ, 4 worldly tutor.
>>
Whats the best Delver build? Grixis, BUG, straight up 4c?
>>
>>46027098
Just back 8post with living wish and call it a deck. Trying to hit 4mana efficiently without good core of creature cards sounds not worth it.

Other than that, in BUG nic fit it's probably ok single, when you back it up with brainstorm. 4x GSZ and 2x pod to make it relevant with therapy.
>>
File: WP_20160315_002.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160315_002.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>46013514
Meh, I prefer weebing my deck. Looks prettier than foil imo, although it depends on the card in question. I used to run foil Reanimates, Exhumes, Entombs and the likes, but I prefer my japanese ones a lot better. Not sure what /tg/'s opinion on this is.

(Yeah I know that Elesh is Chinese, I got it at a massive discount from a guy who dislikes foreign cards, so why not)
>>
>>45992064
Can someone explain the "who do you hate? myself -> doomsday" joke to me? The deck's bad so you have to hate yourself to play it?
>>
>>46030701
Grixis
>>
>>46031184
Probably from the number of possible piles you can construct, which people feel is a chore to learn.
>>
>>46031341
Okies, gotcha.
>>
>>46030701
Bug
>>
>>46031184
When you choose to play tendrils of agony decks, you're going to lose to yourself. If you choose to play doomsday, you're going to spend a minute and a half resolving a spell, then lose because your math was off
>>
>>46031241
>>46031497
More important Delver question: do you take the delver out of its sleeve to flip it, or do you use the DFC checklist cards?
>>
>>46031732
Up to you. Checklist card is the more official and safe way to do it. It prevents damage to your card.
>>
>>46031766
I'm double sleeving so theoretically it should be about the same right?

What clear sleeves should I use for my delvers if I go for the checklist rout?
>>
>>46031791
the checklist cards are the same size as regular cards so your standard KMC perfect fits will work. Either method works fine.
>>
>>46031711
I've never seen ANT fizzle though.
>>
>>46031858
I've played a lot of ANT, and although it usually doesn't fizzle on you, it does cause a lot of mental fatigue to play over a long tournament, and if you aren't playing carefully mistakes can happen.

Doomsday is like that, but the piles are harder to build and sometimes you'll make little manual dexterity mistakes like mixing up card order. I've made a perfect pile, then IU'd into LED LED doomsday at least one time when I was tired.
>>
>>46031926
Alright, that makes sense. I've only played Dredge in a big(ger) tournament once myself so I couldn't tell.
>>
>>46031968
Most of the lines involve a lot of different numbers, so getting out the dice and a notepad isn't entirely unreasonable. Getting called for slow play while resolving doomsday is a thing, but most judges that aren't dicks will let it slide because you're making more decisions with a card resolution than some decks make in an entire game
>>
>>46032387
I've never been called for slow play while resolving doomsday, but I usually warn people that im going into the tank and that it might be a minute or 2. Generally though with enough practice you know your pile pretty quick. Only time I've ever had to break out the pen and paper to build a pile was when I was trying to beat an opponent who had exiled my lab man, resolved gaddock teeg and gotten to 28 life.
>>
>>46032577
I'm mostly an ANT player, and I'll mostly use a pen and paper if i have multiple colors of mana floating, like in a value PiF line
>>
File: Revoker in response to lilly.jpg (44 KB, 200x284) Image search: [Google]
Revoker in response to lilly.jpg
44 KB, 200x284
Death and Taxes reporting in.
>>
>>46033138
I die a little bit inside every time a Containment Priest flashes in. Keep crushing those dreams, anon.
>>
>>46032667
I have 8 sided dice in wubrg colors that I prefer for tracking mana. Paper is mostly for life totals.
>>
>>46033156
Just play a t1 Griselbrand :^)
>>
>>46034111
That's the plan but sometimes you don't hit enough Narcomoebas.
>>
>>46034296
I never was fond of Griselbrand in dredge, just seems win-more to me. My main is Reanimator though, I only whip out my dredge when I think grave-hate is nearly absent.
>>
I'm a modern baby and enjoy 8 rack

Is there a legacy deck that plays cruel control and isn't shitty?
>>
File: ngbbs53b0d45e3e0ad.jpg (60 KB, 293x491) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs53b0d45e3e0ad.jpg
60 KB, 293x491
How'd I do?
>>
>>46038266
Pox isn't shitty if everyone's on delver

Lands is good and durdly, as long as you know how to not get paired against storm
>>
>>46040167
All jokes aside, is it worth running TNN if you aren't running lords or equipment?
>>
>>46041529
Maybe. Depends on what exactly you're running.
>>
>>46031732
Usually just flip it and put a die on 3 on top. Never had any problem with that.
>>
What do people generally board out against the eldrazi deck? I don't have a good read on how good discard/force are. Or what the good threats against the deck are.
>>
Why is pithing needle so common in sideboards? I've been playing with 1 in all of my boards for a year, and it feels like it never does a lot and I usually just want an answer for whatever I'm needling instead of a card that's not incredibly strong in any matchup
>>
>>46049176
Probably its versatility, but it depends on your deck. As reanimator, I can bring it in against so many decks. Jund (Lili, DRS), Elves (DRS, Scavenging Ooze, Wirewood Symbiote), Miracles (Top), Reanimator (Griselbrand), DnT (Vial, Karakas, Port, Mangara, ...), Infect (Inkmoth Nexus), etc... Just one card gives me a lot of game against a large number of decks.

What do you play?
>>
>>45992064
>>
>>46050415
I'm on BUG delver, and it feels like a very generic answer for things that either aren't a problem, or could have a more efficient answer.
>>
>>46031241
>>46031497
>>46030701
>all these plebs

It's RUG, obviously.
>>
test
>>
>>46054546
Nimble Mongoose vs deathrite

RUG feels like when they can mana screw someone out of the game they've got a chance, but if the opponent can make 2-3 lands all of RUGs creatures are readily outclassed
>>
Has anyone lived the dream of getting a goyf to 8/9? I just hit 7/8 against nic fit and it was sweet
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.