[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: Liberator.jpg (237 KB, 813x1058) Image search: [Google]
Liberator.jpg
237 KB, 813x1058
>resources
pastebin.com/ZVJFC5km

Vandus did nothing right edition

Comeback with his dracoth bro Calanax, now grown up with wings, why GW love Vandus so much.
>>
replying to prev thread.

>>45975583
seriously.
the community grew terrible, model count needed to play a standard game began to increase way too far, the meta exploded with waacs beign the majority.
tried to do a few games with what remained of my skavens something like 5 years ago but the game was basically dead in my area and the only players left were terribly waacs, so i stuck with 40k(with power creeping beign even worse, but at least the game was alive).
Went back recently with Aos after the initial WHAT THE FUCK and im currently-gasp-having fun.

Anyway, anyone here has read Warstorm?
Im tryng to read it but its so badly written its almost unbearable.
is the plot important enough to finish it or I can skip it entirely? i really enjoyed gates of azyr but this is written like a 12 y old fanfiction.
>>
>>45976097
Have you tried Warbeast book that just came out?
>>
>>45976168
Not yet.
I only read the gates of azyr the other day and begun warstorm. the difference between the two is abyssal.
I wanted to read them in cronological order tho, thats why I went for warstorm. next in line should be Ghal Maraz. is it decent?
because every page of Warstorm i read is a pain that makes my eyes bleed.
>>
>>45976295
Ghal Maraz is good I liked it best so far.
>>
>>45976407
I think i'll read it then. Im going to read only another 10-max 20 pages of this abomination before dropping it.

At least i didn't paid for it. be blessed, holy Aos pastebin.
>>
I remember someone taling about an Aos games somewhere in the next months.
Anymore info?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Star Drake
>>
>>45977027
also, the paint job is disgusting.
Cant wait to see one painted decently.
>>
>>45977027
Dragon with shoulders.
>>
>>45977027
armor on the joints of the wings seems like a really stupid idea
>>
>>45976569
You should finish it because the stories are connected and so that you would understand the events and know the characters.
>>
File: dude where's my gyrocopter.png (1023 KB, 1211x610) Image search: [Google]
dude where's my gyrocopter.png
1023 KB, 1211x610
>>45977027

Remember when only Lizardmen and Elves had giant reptile mounts and dragons (excluding Chaos dragons)? Now even fucking dwarves or whatever they're called now have giant scalies.
>>
Is Be'lakor doing anything in the fluff right now?
>>
Rules question, is a model within range of itself for the purposes of buffs?
>>
>>45976295
Ghal Maraz is decent, as is Hammers of Sigmar. Wardens of The Everqueen is good, and what I've read of Warbeast is arguably better. Most of the best stories are the side stories, like some of the Call of Archaon shorts, half of the advent calendar stories are really fun, and the Nagash audio book has its moments.
>>
>>45978789
No
>>45978822
Yes
>>
>>45978390

Magmadroths are pretty cool though. I think they'd look better on another race, but eh, time to give dorfs their big silly monster unit.

I'm going to get one or two and put skinks on it. That or somehow chaos-ify it..
>>
>>45978789
Nothing.

But his orgin fluff was retconned a bit. It's said that he is the first Everchosen but he turned away from that path to pursue his own agenda.
>>
>>45978938

Gav Thorpe's work reads a lot better when he isn't doing big 40k set events. Last Chancers, for example, so I imagine Warbeast is pretty good.

I liked their first novel with Vandus Hammerhand and the Bloodbound cannibals. Gate of Azyr I think it was called? I haven't read the rest yet.
>>
>>45979014
it would make a decent engine of the gods if you got a second stegadon platform, but I'm not spending that much money on a unit I don't need
>>
>>45979027

So does that mean we can have Undvided Daemon Princes now?
>>
>>45979074
No.
>>
>>45979094

Eat shit, i'll do it anyway.
>>
>>45979957
I don't care really.
>>
File: 1456910948615.jpg (4 MB, 2607x2904) Image search: [Google]
1456910948615.jpg
4 MB, 2607x2904
>>45978390
But anon, how else could GW accomplish their goal of leaving 28mm minis behind?
With a bit of luck, in 3 years all we'll have will be dragons, dracoths and other huge kits, so that you can grab their paws and fight your opponent with your own hands.
>>
>>45978822
I'd say no, because abilities like the on-foot Celestant's Command or the Putrid Blightkings ability specify "this model AND all others within X inches" which would imply that any rule not specifying that does not target the user.
>>
>>45981078
which is exactly why Chaos Marauders, Skinks and Clanrats are still an integral part of the game, because they're so humongous.
Stop it with the bullshit.
>>
>>45976640

only that it will feature Tzeentch in some way.
>>
>>45981510
If you can't see the scale creep of the past 6 years, you are not only blind, but dumb. There are easily 4, 5 times as many big kits as 6 -7 years ago.

Just look at half the start collecting boxes. One humongous miniature, 5 cavalry/heavy infantry, 10 basic. The ratio is fucked up.
>>
>>45981510
Have you seen the skink mounted on the Troglodon (aka lizardmen's most recent kit)? It's as big as a Saurus warrior and towers over normal skinks, not just because he's standing almost straight but because he's huge.
>>
>>45976569
Well, War Storm is a collection of 3 novellas, other novellas in it might be better.
>>
>>45982891
it is? ill keep reading then, i tought it was a single tale.
>>
>>45976097

Here is my personal experience on when I tried to get into Warhammer fantasy.

After two games of 6th Edition everyone bailed 4 Warmachine. I tried again during 7th edition and every single person in my local area which was almost a dozen people either play Dark Elves chaos daemons or vampire counts.

I played beastmen. You can see how that went.

I did have some chaos Warriors because when I started playing it was during storm of Chaos and I could take these guys together as one Army but when the seventh picked up no one would allow me to use the older book or run them as a unified Force and I did not have enough chaos Warriors to run them as a separate Army much less one that was competitive.

Then during 8th Edition I got my ass reamed by skaven, High Elves, woc, etc. New crowd different area same stupid bullshit. During the end times everyone insisted we use the new magic rules because 'it was only fair when I'm using that OP legion of chaos list'.

I want to remind you that most of my Army was gors, ungors, bestigors, a few chariots, no giants or mobsters. The beardiest thing I had was a chimera and I guess chaos warriors? ( everyone cried foul about these guys regardless of how equipped to them...)

Eventually I bought a single unit of skull crushers but never used them.

And that was my experience with fantasy. So for all those people who have those Nostalgia tinted Rosy colored glasses about how great this game was I honestly was not that impressed. It was already a little clumsy and felt very dated despite playing through 3 different Editions and I feel like newer games such as kings of War are doing it better faster and smarter period I like fun rules and customization and feeling powerful just as much as the next guy but I sure do hate having my asshole ripped open and raped buy a magic face I can't possibly win and generally having most if ny army be garbage units because 'it's fluffy'.

At least my doom bull slaughtered their characters....
>>
>>45981078

I love the Mortis Engine and chaos chariot though. The Tzeentch one is also pretty cute.
>>
>>45981647

I hate painting dozens of infantry just to make a single unit so big kits are a-okay with me. Stupid cunts like you wanting 40+ strong Steadfast core blocks are the real cancer.
>>
>>45981078
Condidering every army had its own share of fucking infantry and making more would have been stupid, i dont see how this was a bad things. Big machines riding along armies is a cool sight, expecially in a FANTASY setting.
>>45983865
>I played beastmen.
im sorry lol.
The big problem for me was the impossibility to play outside waacs and tournaments and the huge model count. 28mm is NOT suited for big scale battles, I had an orc list in mind but i dropped it because it would have required something like 200 models. And also i would have bee kicle horribly, because no fun was allowed in my scene.
>>
>>45983984

Yeah, even 40k is way too big. 28mm should cap around 30-40 models, max, and that is for 'swarm' armies.
>>
>>45984014
>>45984014
1500 games still are passable, with vehicles and stuff you field around 30-40 models but really, 1850 is just plain retarded, and apparentely its the new standard.
>>
>>45984053

Jesus, really? I'm still playing 1k games and I feel Ike it can be unwieldy at times.
>>
>>45984073
For games over 750 the game really requires knowledge of your army, or the games will literally never end.
Played against a friend of mine, he just recently got back into the game and updadet his 500 point army to 1500...it took HOURS and we couldnt even finish. Had a lot of fun tho, maelstorm really balances games.
Back to Aos tho.
Do your lgs hosts tournaments? Mine did a couple of weeks ago but i couldnt go because of work, and in the end i was glad i did...it was a double tournament, with only wound count as a restriction, 50 wound per player.
Guess who won? an asshole who brought fucking NAGASH. Thats why even when doing tournaments is better to go for scenarios and narrative games. Of all the tournaments i saw the one at wharammer world had the rules i liked the best so far.
>>
>>45984137

Banning named Heroes seems like a wise decision for AoS tournaments. That or neutering summoning.
>>
>>45983865
Yet I bet you play AoS with some kind of comp, to balance things out by wounds, models or units, am I wrong?

You are comparing a comped system to an uncomped one, which isn't fair. And by the way, your main problem was that your meta was full of assholes. And AoS, like any system, will have its assholes, as you can read in >>45984137

>>45983891
The beast pulling the Chaos chariot looks only slightly less retarded than the new dracoths, and I could see a point being made about the mortis thing provided it was 1/2 as tall.

But I really see no need for such a massive kit in an army with already interesting centerpieces.

>>45983919
Go choke on your smegma. I never said anything about hordes, and I fact they are one of the reasons why I didn't like 8e much.

Blocks of 16-20 strong were perfect for me, 12-15 when talking about elite infantry (HE/DE, skellies, orcs and skaven obv slightly more).

>>45983984
Are you going to scream FANTASY SETTING to justify everything?
They could have started by resculpting some of the infantry (the hideous HE core, TK core, VC zombies, Chaos barbarians... the list is long). Then they could have released nice monsters (resculpt Malekith & his mum, Imdrik, a decent dragon for WE, redo the TK colossus...).

Half of those big machines look extremely dumb. I've got nothing against chariots, love them, but when your chariot starts being the size of a two floor building you are doing something wrong.
>>
>>45978390

But Karl Franz could ride on a dragon forever

So could Chaos warriors
>>
>>45984491

Not those anons but I'm fine with no points and no army book or list restrictions. If you want a comp system, limit by how many unit Types can be taken. Me personally? Clash of Empires or Path to Glory, but I actually know the people in my local scene and who to avoid, with or without a points system. Game rules cannot govern who is and is not a cunt.

The real bastard for AoS is summoning, period, and of course morons only playing with the 4 page booklet scenario rules instead of one with more engaging objectives to achieve. I guess because you have to buy the rest if you don't pirate them.
>>
>>45977027
Lol that does look like a t-shirt instead of armor
>>
>>45978938
The rat garden one was funny
>>
>>45981510
Wait did you just use clanrats as an example of something good
>>
File: extremis-8.jpg (373 KB, 1218x976) Image search: [Google]
extremis-8.jpg
373 KB, 1218x976
>>
File: extremis-9.jpg (282 KB, 1181x946) Image search: [Google]
extremis-9.jpg
282 KB, 1181x946
WORLDBUILDING!
>>
>>45985282
>>45985314
Well alright, it's cool that we're getting some lore behind Dracothion and these drakes. This theme about souls being reincarnated seems to be a common aspect for beings of/from Azyr.
Also we might have gotten hints on possible models:
>Stymphalions
>Zephyrgriffs
>Thundertusk
>Grigordon
>>
>>45984491
>Yet I bet you play AoS with some kind of comp, to balance things out by wounds, models or units, am I wrong?

you are wrong.
Not that anon but by far, the only aos asshole i saw was ONE guy in ONE tournament because they tought no one would ever actually field something broken.
Also, Aos for me works pretty good when there are no points. It usually "i field this" "then i field this"until one of two is fine on how things are. Havnt got tabled so far and enjoyed every game-even losses.
>Are you going to scream FANTASY SETTING to justify everything?
They could have started by resculpting

thats dumb. Im okay with rescuplting old kits but-how can you keep a game alive and justify new edition without releasing new units? Warmachines and big kits were okay, and while some are bad others are cool. Just like every other model. No one forces you to field them anyway.
>>45984446
And that fixes most of the balance.
I play daemons in my nurgle army but i never summon anything, i just love seein the units on the field from the first turn. Otherwise when summoning is involved i play the to-be summoned models as a part of the army when cpunting models(or, better, counting them as 1/2. after all, you may fail on summoning and have them on reserve all game)
>>
>>45985570
These names tho
I cant avoid but to laugh sometimes. They really need to fire the guy in charge of the names.
>>
>>45985715
I know, really it's all to much to take seriously. We can only hope the models themselves are worth the silliness.
>>
File: thundertusk.jpg (49 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
thundertusk.jpg
49 KB, 600x620
>>45985570

>Thundertusk

They're already in the game breh

I would be willing to be that Zephyrgriffs at least will just be renamed Griffons or Demigryph's
>>
>>45985715
The stymphalions at least got a bit of thought into them.
I mean what name would you give to reverse griffons?
>>
>>45985570
>Stymphalions
Sounds like something out of Greek mythology, I'm okay with that (Swamps of Stymphalos iirc)
>Thundertusk
This one is left over from WHFB
>>
>>45985839
That's right, well at least we know their trying to incorporate previous stuff into this.
>I would be willing to be that Zephyrgriffs at least will just be renamed Griffons or Demigryph's
Shit, your most likely right. Though I'm hoping it's something different, like an especially large and crazy looking Gryphon at least.
>>
>>45975695
Has GW released a point balancing system yet?
>>
>>45985839
I love the ogre mounts, but the ogres themselves do nothing for me. It's weird.
>>
>>45985997
That's got me thinking of some kind of large swamp gator or something that would go well with the Trolls/Troggoths or whatever their called now a days.
Maybe it could even be some kind of large lion mount for a new upcoming Aelves army. That has me imagining white lions of Chrace riding literal giant white lions.
>>
>>45986090
nope
>>
is the keeper of secrets good?
I'd like to add a small daemonic force to my warriors of chaos army
>>
>>45977027

I mean not like there ever was a question if the stormcasts are the worst GW range or not, but jeez...
>>
>>45986147
Well, shit. I guess I'll just have to stick to KoW for a while.
>>
>>45985634
>Otherwise when summoning is involved i play the to-be summoned models as a part of the army when cpunting models(or, better, counting them as 1/2. after all, you may fail on summoning and have them on reserve all game)
Thank you, you're one of the few people that plays summoning right. I play skellies, so I'm always summoning something. But that unit has to have been in what I originally set up, either as reserve or on the table. This is how the rules say to do it as well.
>>
>>45985715
>>45985784
That shit is even worse in the German translation. It sorta works (barely) for warscrolls and such, but having to read a otherwise reasonably translated text, only to sumble upon some garbled English word salad is really fucking awkward and takes you right out of any text...
I like the game, but those names can go to hell, ugh.
>>
Guys...

I've looked the numbers over again and again, but I keep coming up with the same solution. I'm aftaid that maybe... Maybe...

Age of Sigmar just isn't very good
>>
File: sayitonemoretime.jpg (21 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
sayitonemoretime.jpg
21 KB, 600x400
>>45985282
>celestial
>celestial
>celestial
>celestial

SOMEONE LINK THESAURUS FOR GW FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>45985570
>This theme about souls being reincarnated seems to be a common aspect for beings of/from Azyr.

A fading aspect, at least for these drakes.

The timeline section says that they are now a dying race. These new pages explain why.
>>
>>45987499
Copyright mothafucka
>>
>>45987499
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Seraphon-Saurus-Warriors
>>
>>45987706
>Their sinister growls

I'd thought they'd more like likely hiss if anything
>>
>>45986912
Sie kommen aus dem Celestial Realm!
Wegen solch einem Scheiß lese ich die Regeln sowieso nur noch auf Englisch
>>
I'm thinking about giving AoS a try (I know shit game play KoW etc)

Trying to pic between stormcasts and fyreslayers

The naked baby men aspect of fyreslayers isn't very interesting but damn if the magmadroth isn't cool. What are they're play styles like?
>>
>>45988249
Can't talk much about playstyle, but you can just use Stormcast and ally in a magmadroth
Alternative Stormcast will be getting a big Lizard too >>45977027
>>
>>45987243
There's a simple solution for that. Support the game.
>>45988249
Here's a page about the Stormcast units to help you figure out what you wanna use.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Edition_1.0/Stormcast_Eternals
A page for the Fyreslayers hasn't been made yet, sadly.
>>
>>45988460
>supporting the game will magically make it better
>not just encourage the company who made it to make the sweeping changes that it desprately needs

What? The game and setting has potential, don't get me wrong, but how would supporting a bad thing make it in any way motivated to change for the better?
>>
>>45975695
How silly would a task force of Seraphon and Empire be? I am a massive fan of both factions, and think it would be fun to have "my guys," be a veteran Sigmaron regiment who a minor Slann has decided to assist, as the Empire troops are efficient Chaos slayers (my local meta has some Chaos because a couple 40k players decided to carry their demons minis over).
>>
File: 2352352.jpg (36 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
2352352.jpg
36 KB, 600x620
>>45981078
>back when I started fantasy Beastmen were all about huge models
>Cygor, Ghorgon, Jabberslyth, Gigants!
>now everyone has much bigger things
>at least my army isn't super shit anymore
>at least my Cygor now literally dunks rivaling wizards

I am actually having fun. Also, Fantasy models just look beautiful on round bases.

And GW actually, kinda confirmed in the Chaos fluff that Beastmen are rapegoats. Are they getting balls again?
>>
>>45988762
I admit that I'm most likely not the best to explain such business procedures. But from what I understand, if something is supported and allowed to grow then eventually new features will be made for it. If Age of Sigmar has the chance to be better then it'll do so when GW has the funds needed to make a lot more content that's created for and to support the game and story itself. They have the chance to make something really swell with this new setting and world of theirs. We can only really hope that they won't screw it up.
>>45989000
Not so much I would imagine. With how the realms seem to work and all, I'm sure you could piece together a cool setting where a human empire has the support of a Slann and it's Seraphon. Besides there's the whole allies of Order thing to work with.
>>
>>45989000
Sure, its a cool bit of fluff. Totally viable on the table, too, as the Slann can just plonk down a nice saurus unit or two if your gunline is about to get into trouble.
>>
So I was thinking of getting Wardancer for my Wanderer. Now I really dislike the models for being finecast only. Looking through the avaiable figures I was wondering if I could use Witch Elves as count as? And maybe Lylith Hesperax as Shadowdancer. It might be incredibly confusing for my opponent, seeing I could actually use Witch Elves as Wanderer...
>>
>>45989057
>Fantasy models just look beautiful on round bases.
Yeah I actually really like the way my Lizardmen look on round bases
>>
>>45989000

Totally fine. Seraphon and Stormcast campaign together in the latest fluff, humans and lizards are on the same page in AoS
>>
>>45989057
Source? I'd actually be kind of hyped if that were the case. It'd give my regular opponent a reason to rage when I beat down his vampires.
>>
>>45977027
>sigmar version of varanguard
>giant dragon in a t-shirt
Why GW
>>
>>45989306
I would rather save my money and let the company listen to any actually legitimate complaints than spend money on a product I consider sub par and just hope they don't double down on the things I dislike.
>>
File: Skavenclanrat.jpg (46 KB, 270x286) Image search: [Google]
Skavenclanrat.jpg
46 KB, 270x286
>Tfw Eshin player
>Mfw Gutter-runners will never get a new box
>Tfw GW-Senpai will never notice you

SKWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>45990791
I feel like they're working their way through each of the Great Clans.

First Pestilens, then Skryre, then Moulder, then Eshin.
>>
>>45985634
>how can you keep a game alive and justify new edition without releasing new units?
You've got to be kidding me. Nobody could ever be this daft. A new edition is justified by a major rules update, the single most important part of any wargame.

Also
>Also, Aos for me works pretty good when there are no points. It usually "i field this" "then i field this"until one of two is fine on how things are.
>when summoning is involved i play the to-be summoned models as a part of the army when cpunting models(or, better, counting them as 1/2.
You are using your own houserules, but yeah, AoS out of the box works for you.
>>
>>45986266
this tbph
>>
>>45989057
>And GW actually, kinda confirmed in the Chaos fluff that Beastmen are rapegoats. Are they getting balls again?

i need to see this fluff
>>
>>45989000
definetely not silly.
>>45990791
they will.
I WANT TO BELIEVE

>>45991228
>Nobody could ever be this daft. A new edition is justified by a major rules update, the single most important part of any wargame.

You are totally right, because wargames lives solely by their new edition books sales. Definetely the wargames most important part are not new models.
i may be deaf, but you are idiotic.
>You are using your own houserules, but yeah, AoS out of the box works for you.

yeah, it does. I got that summoning houserule over an internet format and I use only when I face someone whos picky about army composition etc. Most of the times the people I play with don't feel the need to abuse the games summoning system and that rule is not needed(most people I play against do not summon at all to be honest, my fav is a Slaanesh demon player that has no mages at all, because, in her own words "slaanesh is about titslapping your opponent. Magic takes the fun away from it")

>>45991443
stormcast themselves are not bad.
Every fucking dracoth is, mostly thanks to the dull pose.
>>
>>45985314
Build that world, GW. I'm digging it, even if I think the model looks stupid, and the monopose cavalry even worse. Just fluff my shit up
>>
>>45991686
there are strangely less spaces between commas than usual.
Is...is gw learning again to write?
>>
>>45986325
Ok, enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.
>>
>>45991635
>You are totally right, because wargames lives solely by their new edition books sales. Definetely the wargames most important part are not new models.
I never said that wargames lived solely by book sales. I said that a rules update is the single most important reason for a new edition, and not new models.
You really should read everything four or five times, something might stick.
>>
>>45988249
One difference I noticed is that SCE usually have their champions be more accurate, or have more attacks. The Fyreslayers insted have their chapions deal more damage with each successful wound roll. So they flail about and don;t hit things much, but when they do their target gets hit hard. Plus the riflemen or whatever they're called for the dwarfs are good monster killers with a neat special ability.

If you paint them in really dark tones they can be like ash golems or stone men, might look better than nude asses and all that
>>
>>45989864
>>45991610
In the grand alliance Chaos book there is a blip about Beastmen loving nothing more than to kill, to feast on flesh and to mate. It kinda implies that they rape other races since there literally are no female beastmen, other than Ungor if you count those.

But even if rape or not, GW actually mentioning sex in their official fluff is pretty rare.
>>
>>45989000

Have them come from an area or a kingdom or astrology is a really big deal. Maybe they have a caste system or military structure where certain people and certain units are signed that way based on prognostication?

Or badically, the 108 Stars of Destiny, if you are a Suikoden fan.
>>
>>45992001
Gotta appeal to the edgy 14 year olds huh? At least they do something besides get killed by Stormcast now
>>
>>45991785
>Replying to a 4 hour old ignored anti-Aos post with salt

Word to the wise

Don't do that.
>>
>>45992001

I think you might be reading into it too much. But you should always take that as a nun broken given. If anything that's more nuanced than throwing it right in your face I'm being smug at how edgy they are.

I hope they keep female beastmen in I wish they had elaborated on that more in setting books the most we got was in Shamanslayer. I may or may not be biased because my Great Bray Shaman's model is a female one.
>>
>>45992175

>an unspoken
>>
>>45992001
>literally are no female beastmen,

>What are harpies?
>>
>>45992001

Man that sounds really Bland when everyone else is also big on killing and eating people.

'WHOA WATCH OUT, THESE DUDES HAVE SEX!' rape or not that seems like a really pathetic point to have as a character establishing thing for an entire faction. Like no shit who the fuck doesn't?

Oh well it's not like they would ever developed beastman Beyond being cannon fodder ripped off from someone else's setting
>>
>>45992227

Shamanslayer had female goat.. cow... things. They were surprisingly gentle and maternal, but still very dangerous??
>>
>>45977027
Wow GW the dragon could have been passable if it wasn't wearing a tshirt.

Did GW see the kit and go shit this might be good, we better fuck it up somehow?
>>
>>45992296

It looks like you can leave the pauldrons off? That might save it if you also give it a better paint job. Terrible color scheme.
>>
>>45977027
Hahaha holy shit watching GW burn is hilarious

Raging schadenfreude boner right now
>>
File: GWInstructionsforMagmadroths.jpg (72 KB, 612x820) Image search: [Google]
GWInstructionsforMagmadroths.jpg
72 KB, 612x820
>>45987792
Ich kenne dein Problem, Bruder.

At least the French translate all the names into French and then give the original English in brackets afterwards..

>>45988249
Fyreslayers rely very strongly on internal synergy. They have lots of bonuses for being near Heroes, their Heroes buff them to high heaven and their units work best when put together. You also need to use their formations and, unlike every other army in the game, you NEED their Battletome. Why? Because when you buy a Magmadroth, it comes with three Heroes. The two you don't put on the Magmadroth you can field on their own, but the on-foot variants don't have their rules online.
Other than that, fun, slow army that has very powerful shooters and very tough melee units and, huge. ass. lizards.
>>
>>45992279
Fluff mentions that the beastmen breed very fast, pretty sure you can't accomplish that with raped mothers. Think about it, would the beastmen really drag captured weak human women around, thus handicapping themselves, just to sustain their numbers? In my head canon beast women are just as common as beastmen, but are focused mainly on protecting the young and don't participate in war.
>>
>>45992001
There are female beastmen, you idiot.

Also Beastmen can mate with animals. In the Archaon novel, there was a Kurgan chieftain who was feuding with the herd leader of a centigor tribe because he raped and impregnated his favorite horse.
>>
>>45992296
>Not protecting your dragon's throat.

Pretty vital thing for a dragon to have intact.

Also just remove the shoulders and chestplate.. Worst case scenario you have to sculpt a few scales on a flat surface oh fuck no not actual hobby work !

>inb4 shill

this is just common sense for anyone who's been wargaming for years. I ain't buying it but it's not a terrible mode
>>
>>45992381
I hope so the pauldrons realy ruin the modle.
>>
>>45992411

I could see them handling every other aspect of society that is not raiding war or religion..

And even then I could still see some of them becoming Shamans it's just not very common?
>>
>>45989057
>>45992001

>And GW actually, kinda confirmed in the Chaos fluff that Beastmen are rapegoats. Are they getting balls again?

They pretty much confirms that /tg/ does not read the fluff. The fucking 6th and 7th ED Beastmen army books has fluff describing the habits of the Beastmen to destroy, rape, and shit over everything.

It goes into fluff about Beastmen revels and the sickening acts they perform. Then there is also the novels.

You need to be smacked upside the head for being an ignorant degenerate.
>>
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 1936x1936
>>45992408
Nope, all three versions on foot are in the app.
>>
>>45992555
Okay, I stand corrected. I did not find them on the homepage as pdf, though maybe I'm just dumb.
>>
>>45992411
>Think about it, would the beastmen really drag captured weak human women around, thus handicapping themselves

Yes.

Scroll to the Harbie entry and look at the Bret legend fluff piece.
>>
>>45992639
The rules are in the pdf. The only way to build either of the three heroes is through getting the magma froth box, they are not sold individually.
>>
Hey guys, two quick things:

1) Did anyone else notice that the new Warscroll for the Lord Celestant comes with the option for a shield but no mention of what the shield does? I mean, you can infer its ability by the fact that literally all other Stormcast shields do the same thing, but it's not on the warscroll. Would you allow an opponent to claim that bonus?

2) Abilities like summoning or Thunderstrike or whatever allow you to set up a unit so it's "more than 9" from the enemy". If I want to charge with that unit afterwards, people keep claiming you need to roll a 10 but wouldn't you need to roll a 9, given that "more than 9 inches" can mean 9" and a hair breadth and to close into combat you only need to get within 1/2" of an enemy? Or is this the sort of cheesemongering one should not engage in?
>>
File: img.png (149 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
img.png
149 KB, 330x330
>>45992456
For a $200 or whatever the fuck GW is charging you really shouldn't have to resculpt part of it to make it not look like shite
>>
>>45992664

Beastmen are robust. They probably do all of these things, but human captives are slow, frail, weak and would get lost in the Chaos landscaoe, unlike the beasts. Plus you have to put up with feeding them and tending to them enough so that they don't miscarriage for what we can assume would be a 9 month time period.
>>
>>45992411
Honestly, I'd say they simply rape whom- or whatever and eat them afterwards.

All in all i always liked the BM fluff, nothing about big heroes or epics, just misery and hatred for everything that is civilized. It isn't complex or deep that's why /tg/ seems to hate it so much but it gets the job done and creates an easily understanable antagonist faction.
>>
>>45993261

I I don't hate it but I wish there was a little bit more to them. Or at least some sort of 'culture' in the sense that orcs and orks have a kultur.
>>
>>45993261

They had some of the bigger and more useful chaos heroes, ironically, especially during End Times.

Wulfrik, Crom, a lot of the Warriors just kinda got curbstomped.

Can I count Thogg as an honorary Beast Man?
>>
>>45993359
What happened to Wulfrik by the way? I guessing that instead of making him a realm faring wanderer that slays all kinds of monsters, they just killed him off?
>>
>>45992780
1. Sure, I assume that that's how the rules work.
2. It's a 9. If a unit is set up 9" away, then you need to roll a 9 to be able to get the models within 1/2" of the closest enemy unit.
>>
>>45993652

He died during End Times to Valten iirc
>>
>>45993652

All chaos characters except Archaon were killed off unceremoniously
>>
>>45994471
>who is Festus?
>who is Valkia?
>who is Gutrot?
>who is Skarr?
>who is Scyla?
>who are the Maggoth Lords?
>who is Thanquol?
>who is Skreech?
>>
>>45995023
>killed because his own life magics turned a stake from vlad into a tree
>stalemated by 2 second in commands, Kouran and Schwarzhelm. Killed twice, first by Malekith ,second time by impaling herself on the imperial standard.
>ran away from altdorf after Sigmar returns, albeit only after the rest of the pussies left and he realized he couldn't win.
>backstabbed by a bretonnian who wasn't even a grail knight, then turned to gold, then probably killed by elves
>rekt by Ungrim
>the only ones to remain based the entire story
>conquers nuln then disappears from the story forever
>little bitch tells entire skaven race to bend over to Archaon, turns skaven into beastmen with guns.

yeah most of them returned to life, but they were still killed off unceremoniously in the end times,
>>
>>45992544
Beastmen's greatest urge in the old world was to throw down walls and banners wherever they saw them, because they represented civilization and were anathema to the wild. Once they trampled everything humans called progress into the mud, they would literally shit on it.

Based Goats need some AoS love, please
>>
>>45992544
seriously, people need to read the damn fluff before making retarded statements like
>hurr durr the beastmen don't rape thats too far for gw they only write for kids

Beastmen always have been rapist. I mean pic related pretty much implies the bretonnian damsel gets raped to death. Anytime the beastmen fluff mentions something about "unpleasant ends" assume it involves rape or shit. Or, if you are truly unlucky, both.
>>
What is better: Gors with two weapons or shields? I would try to use the shield spell on them with a shaman additionally
>>
>>45997316

Two weapons. If you want a dead 'ard unit from beastmen go with Bestigors or Chaos Warrior allies. The life of a Gor is one filled of Going Fast and Hitting A Lot, you want the two weapon bonus to make up for their underwhelming accuracy because with proper set up they will be in melee by turn 1-2 and making shitloads of attacks.

I've tried running them with shields and they still ended up dying like chumps most of the time, as they should then I found myself later wishing I had taken the second weapon.

Note that even without shields they should still be getting Mystic Shield....
>>
is there any possibility for order beastmen or Desturction beastmen? Or what about Beastmen who don't look bovine in nature? are they still exclusively Chaos in Age of sigmar? Also wondering if there were any non chaos dragon ogres. Its strange that a race that feeds off of thunder and lightning wouldn't want to ally with Sigmar, and they look very much at home in a mixed ogre and greenskin war band
>>
>>46000035

>is there any possibility for order beastmen or Desturction beastmen?
Beastmen are not humanoids that worship Chaos. They were created by Chaos and act to further it's ends instinctively. They cannot choose to not follow Chaos.

>what about Beastmen who don't look bovine in nature?
In the fluff Beastmen are as varied as the animal kingdom. Though there are a few primary types. Older metal minis had different animals represented.

>Also wondering if there were any non chaos dragon ogres
From Lexicanum-
Long before Elves had developed writing, or humans had learned how to make fire, the Dragon Ogres were on the verge of extinction. During the Coming of Chaos, the eldest of their race made a pact with the Chaos Gods. The Dragon Ogres were granted immortality, but were eternally damned and bound to serve the Dark Gods.
>>
>>46000341

You could always do them as nature spirits or whatever created by the Aelves' gods.
>>
>>45992555

The Father.
The Son.
And the Holy Smith
>>
>>46001336
RHYMES
POETRY
>>
>>46000341
We know that creatures like Griffons and pegasi were shaped by chaos but weren't inherently chaos like many of the other beasts. Perhaps there are beastmen who were shaped by chaos in the same way but from there, they are free to choose their own path? Besides, I think that the fluff mentions benign non-chaos beastmen living in Ind and Cathay, so to have them in the mortal realms wouldn't be such a stretch. Its a damn shame though that ALL beastmen have to be chaos though, i'd like it better if they were closer to the old interpretation of wood elves.

As for Non chaos dragon ogres, I think the fluff mentions there being Shaggoths in the realm of beast before the coming of chaos. Maybe in the mortal realms not all of them turned to chaos? i know the hold outs from the world that was still follow chaos though. One could fluff some dragon ogres to have turned from chaos and serve sigmar instead, it would make sense that they follow the lord of lighting
>>
>>46003966
>We know that creatures like Griffons and pegasi were shaped by chaos

I don't think so. Magic was used to create these creatures, not Dark Chaos magic.

Creatures that were shaped by Chaos are manticores, dark pegasi, slaughterbrutes which are inherently evil.

>Besides, I think that the fluff mentions benign non-chaos beastmen living in Ind and Cathay, so to have them in the mortal realms wouldn't be such a stretch

I think not. This has always been a sourceless thing.

> I think the fluff mentions there being Shaggoths in the realm of beast before the coming of chaos.

As the guy who proundly owns GA Chaos, I can say this is false.

The fluff is the same as it always was. The Dragon Ogres swore their whole race to serve the Chaos Gods in exchange for immorality. The Dragon Ogres thought that the destruction of World That Was would free them. Surprise, Surprise, it did not. The Dragon Ogres race remained slaves to the Chaos Gods and continue to bitterly serve them in the mortal realms.
>>
Reminder that even the art is CAD trash
>>
>>45996275

Doujin when?
>>
>>45975695
do you feel dirty when you buy from games workshop for this game?
>>
>>46004340
I don't anymore, I buy from 3rd parties or chinamen and play 8th and 9th and hombrew shit with it
>>
>>45992001
Beastwomen exist and are mentioned in novels and elsewhere. Not sure where you got that idea.

>>45992544
Don't forget fimir. They can ONLY reproduce through rape. Because edge.
>>
>>45997316
Don't know what that other guy's on about, multiples of the same weapon don't give extra attacks (GW actually errata'd the four page rules about this). I'd go with shields, the improved save helps a lot when there's a lot of Rend -1 about, while rerolling 1s to hit isn't that great.
>>
>>46004490
It's reverse rape, it doesn't really count.
>>
>Night goblins are safe!
>Black orks are safe!

>generic goblins stii missing.
>>
>>45990923
And they haven't updated a single model yet.

>No new censer bearers
>No new jezzails/Poison wind globadiers
>No new gutter runners/night runners.

I could die happily if they just updated Eshin and Skryre specials. Imagine how awesome Gutter Runners/Night Runners could look. And I could pick up Mordheim again...
>>
File: 1392310234241.png (637 KB, 1049x969) Image search: [Google]
1392310234241.png
637 KB, 1049x969
>>46005317

>Moonclan
>>
>>46000035
Beneath the Black Thumb specifically mentions a Beastman as horse-headed, and in Ghal Maraz there are cooper-skinned beastmen.

Dragon Ogres thought that destroying the world-that-was would free them in death from their pact with chaos. Chaos had other plans for them.

I would totally love to see non-chaos beastmen for order or destruction. Really play up the fact that there are is a realm of beasts now.
>>
>>46005522
"moonclan grots"

it has such a nice ring to it
>>
>>46000035
>non-Chaos Beastmen

Go for it, they softened the edges quite a bit. I mean, all the Beastmen are soandso-Gors and Ogres are now O-Gors, so I think that's incentive enough to add some of them to your Destruction army. Having those as seperate armies... yeah, no.
>>
>>46004821
What the other guy said was that while rerolling 1s To Hit isn't great, it's better than no bonus whatsoever and even with a better save which by the way only triggers in melee they still die fast, so you might as well go all out on offensive and forget about defense. If you want hardy units, run some Chariots in front of the Gors (everyone goes for the big scary chariots first) or something else fast and tough. Razorgors work well, or WoC allies.

But Gors are fragile no matter how you slice it and the first Waywatchers they meet will shoot them dead by the truckload before they even close to melee range.
>>
I haven't painted miniatures in over 10 years or so but lately I've been thinking of buying the Age of Sigmar starter pack, mostly because of the price but I also like the look of the Stormcast Eternals.

I've no plans or desire to play the game and I really just want to paint, but I would prefer to practice my painting without buying a bunch more models than I currently have money for, is it easy to strip the models a repaint them 2-3 times or will they degrade in quality quickly doing that?
>>
>>46005317
>Aleguzzler Gargant
That sounds like something an angry Dwarf housewife would call her husband when he comes back late.
>>
>>45996275

>Her own tale did not have a pleasant ending

This must mean she was raped to death!! This is so heavily implied here, I can't see that it could be anything else!!!
>raging authist

Please tell me, how far away from children did the court say you are to remain at all times?
>>
>>46005317
Don't you mean Moonclan Grots and Black Orruks?

What kind of machine they use to create these kind of names? Aleguzzler Gargant? Seriously?
>>
>>46004283
Once again. The problem isn't the technology but how it is used.
>>
>>46004490
>They can ONLY reproduce through rape. Because edge.

You mean exactly like all other animals?
>>
>>46006852
Try reading between the lines a bit, anon.
If she was just tortured or killed, they would have said so, instead of pussyfooting around it.

What were they going to say? "and so the sorceress was brutally raped to death by like fifty giant beastman dicks".
>>
File: TWWH_Emp_Siege_Watermarked.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TWWH_Emp_Siege_Watermarked.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Sieges_and_Siege_AI

Bit more info on total warhammer.
>>
File: TWWH_Emp_Siege_02_Watermarked.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TWWH_Emp_Siege_02_Watermarked.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: TWWH_Dwarf_Siege_Watermarked.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TWWH_Dwarf_Siege_Watermarked.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>46008100
>>46008120
>giant skull mountain
I'm all for quirkiness, but that feels a little over the top.
Outside of the chaos wastes, at least.
>>
>>46008165
It's just a giant monument, there are things like that in real world.
>>
>>45990923
Skryre is the new chaos dwarfs, after all they got a list in ga:c
>>
>>46007144
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: Fuck_you.jpg (85 KB, 776x573) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_you.jpg
85 KB, 776x573
>>46006585
>>
>>45985282
>>45985314
Eh, seems dull but I give them credit for starting to worldbuild in meaningful ways rather than just about the MCs.

I still want some fucking maps though.
>>
>>46008543

Have you seen how limited the poses are and uninspired the designs?

I'll grant you the sculpt quality is pretty solid: Lot of elaborate detail work. Doesn't mean they haven't produced a shitty base design and horrendously limited flexibility within the kits though.
>>
>>46008143
>>46008120
>>46008100
thanks, but wrong thread m8
>>
File: The vault.png (6 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
The vault.png
6 MB, 1536x2000
>>46008826
Each campaign book and battletome has a map, though.
>>
>>46005522

I nearly popped a vein recently when reading some fiction that detailed "the three main clans of Skaven Pestilens"

Fucking shit fuck Pestilens are one of the Skaven clans you retarded cockturkeys
>>
https://youtu.be/6mim-mGujO0

How do you guys feel about this?
>>
>>46009053
A real map.

As in a map of the realm as a whole, so those maps of small regions actually have some context.
>>
>>46009056
Not anymore.

The Great Clans of old broke up to thousands of smaller clans and subclans. Though, they follow the general doctrine of the Greater Clans of old, they deviate in many other things.
>>
>>46009080
That would defeat the entire purpose of making the realms vast and unknown places though.
>>
>>46009080
A single mortal realm is said to be the size of a universe.

You cannot map that.
>>
>>46009105
>A single mortal realm is said to be the size of a universe.

Not true.
>>
>>46009105

Have you considered that that might be utterly retarded, then?
>>
>>46009056
No, apparently the (minimum 20k, since we know that's how long ago some Fyreslayer lore happened) years since ET of having no opposition or infighting and being part Daemons that require no food or drink have caused a Skaven population explosion so now what was once a single clan of billions is a type of clan, of which there are billions of many billions.
>>
File: image.jpg (783 KB, 2729x1865) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
783 KB, 2729x1865
>>46009105
That's fucking stupid.

Fuck, even an abstract representation with arrows pointing to it would be better.

>>46009100
That's fucking stupid, which is why nobody in fiction does it.
>>
New e-shorts.

Bridge of Smoke - https://www.sendspace.com/file/z3yuyu

The Manticore Dreadhold - https://www.sendspace.com/file/1tbj0b

I suppose Scaven Battletome was not shared yet?
>>
File: The Mortal Realms.png (1 MB, 4016x684) Image search: [Google]
The Mortal Realms.png
1 MB, 4016x684
>>46009156
It's true.

Each is said to be near infinite.
>>
>>46009491
>I suppose Scaven Battletome was not shared yet?

seems like it. will you be the first? :^)
>>
>>46009638
Near infinite is meaningless, as it is impossible to be near infinity, and does not imply they are the size of universes.
Aqshy is said to be inside a sun for example.
Azyr can be seen in the night sky from the other realms.
Chamon is floating around in space, and we've seen the gaps into the void.
>>
>>46009638
How can a battle mean anything in an infinite realm?
How can any individual?
How can a group of sixty mortals on an infinite plan kill a being like Archaon or Nagash who can dominate or destroy something near infinite without effort?

This is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>46009839
What, you think people with degrees in science or history wrote Age?
>>
>>46009640

Sorry, anon, can't afford it now. Novels is my upper price limit. :-(
>>
>>46009839
The fluff says that each is a universe unto itself. What do you think that means?
>>
>>46009899
No. People did though.
Near infinite is a fine expression, when you are smart enough to take it as very large.
The mortal realms are of an unknown size, but we know that they are very large. We also know that they roughly co-inhabit the same universe, and likely the same solar system.
>>
>>46009960
The fluff has shown us that they are not.
>>
>>46009984
>Alarielle’s screams of denial echoed loud across Ghyran’s near-infinite scope, her anguish so intense it drove uncounted souls mad. There was no safe haven or sanctum left in all the Jade Kingdoms. Only war remained

The fluff tells us a lot of things.
>>
>>46010068
That doesn't contradict anything I said.
"Near-infinite" is just a way of saying very large.
There are near infinite grains of sand in the Sahara desert. That's not true at all, because no number can be near infinity, but it may as well be for practical human purposes.
>>
>>46009640
>>46009953
My money for Vandus and Calanax. ;_;
>>
>>46009839
>Aqshy is said to be inside a sun for example.

Sources!
>>
>>46009962
So in other words, a map of the realm is possible.

So where's the fucking realm maps, GW.
>>
>>46010432

Take a chill pill, anon. Maybe you want GW to release list of ALL SM chapters and IG regiments or all Imperium worlds too?
>>
>>46010432
>So where's the fucking realm maps, GW.
What is the point? We all know that GW won't give a fuck.

>>46010390
>Sources
I want sauce too!
>>
>>46010432
>So in other words, a map of the realm is possible.

Yes.

>So where's the fucking realm maps, GW.

They don't want you to have a realm map to avoid WHFB syndrome.
>>
>>46006650

This.

You get extra attacks via the Anarchy and Mayhem rule for Gors (good odds of achieving it if you have that +2 bonus) and another extra attack from Primal Fury if you're running a Furious Brayherd.

With proper support your 20+ strong Gor herd hit on 3+, re-roll 1's, wound on 3+ and make 3 attacks each.

Brayhorns let them Run and Charge on the same turn, and the army has a shitload of bonuses you can heap onto their Run and Charge distances, as well as Pile-In. Beastmen gotta go fast.
>>
>>46010521
We have a map of the 40k galaxy, and maps of important planets.

We know the big picture.

We don't have that in Age.

>>46010603

Define "WHFB syndrome", if you please.

Because it fucking worked for 40k, so it should fucking work for Age too.
>>
>>46010760
>Define "WHFB syndrome", if you please.

You've got a world with no wiggle room because we've seen all the borders.

>it fucking worked for 40k

40k is a galactic map rather than land masses.
>>
File: Vulkite Bezerkers.jpg (165 KB, 1600x687) Image search: [Google]
Vulkite Bezerkers.jpg
165 KB, 1600x687
I actually would consider starting this game if they had made proper rules. Didn't like the huge battles of FB, with the square bases and units moving...well as a one huge unit.

The lower model count of AOS seems appealing and it would be a good counterpart to 40K, where I have multiple armies, some of them really big with lots of minis. I'd be even open to some of the new fluff in AOS, though the new names and shit are stupid and another example of GW's insane obsession with trademarking everything.

But there are no good rules for the game. Also it seems like no one is playing it. Even LOTR and Hobbit have some players near me but I don't know anyone who plays Age of Sigmar.
>>
What base size for Gors?
>>
>>46010859

Standard infantry.
>>
>>46010836
What do you classify as "good rules"

It seems to me that you just aren't familiar with all the rules, or at least how they are structured.
More complicated stuff is now on a units warscroll rather than in the main rules, and the game is designed around playing it with scenario rules (which they foolishly only made available in the books, you would think they would release a handful of free scenarios considering how important they are).
>>
>>46010830
>You've got a world with no wiggle room because we've seen all the borders.
Wut.

Most of Fantasy was undefined space. We only knew the borders of established factions, and even inside that was mostly undefined space.

There's a reason absolutely no setting forgoes all maps and sense of scale. Because its fucking stupid.
>>
>>46010836
So why not play Mordheim? Or Necromunda?

Good rules for Warhammer skirmish games exist, and you can still get the models secondhand.

GW is also rereleasing Necromunda, probably Mordheim too.
>>
Stormcast Inquisition. How could it be fluffed? I'm hardly an AoS fan but more grimdark Stormcast somewhat appeal.
>>
>>46011118

Because those games were not actually that good and are not currently supported. Face it, people gravitate toward what is new and in the company's mindset.
>>
>>46011185
None whatsoever.

Stormcast are offensive forces. They only care about destroying the armies of Chaos, not policing anyone.

Even beyond that, all indications are now that there is no subtle intrigue. Whole groups are either full Chaos, or fully for their planar patron. Its outright stated all Sigmar's people are fanatically opposed to Chaos in all forms.

This is a grimbright setting. It will never be grimdark unless you go against canon.
>>
>>46011071
>Most of Fantasy was undefined space.

No. Most of Fantasy was the baddies raiding into a goodie territory and then dying or leaving.
>>
>>46011185

Do you think they take whole rescued populations in with open arms and send them back to Azyr without even checking them for chaos corruption?

No.

What do you think happens to chaos held populations that aren't the frontliners in a chaos army? Plenty of sorcerers, witches, and other devotees exist. Someone has to purge them and keep Azyr safe.

Although iirc they aren't even taking in 'refugees' so.. but it still helps to cull the population that could be dangerous to your war efforts after securing areas. But then again, iirc, the Stormcast have only been taking high profile military targets and been largely ignoring civilian populations or population centers unless those held a realmgate or some other aspect of strategic importance.
>>
>>46011208
They were fantastic, and Necromunda is confirmed to be coming by GW.
>>
>>46011242
>grimbright
You wot
It's nobledark
>>
>>46011276

Not really. Especially not Necromunda, where overwatch and range weapons raged supreme. Muh lol randumb charts were kind of tedious and nothing was more irritating than seeing players drop from a campaign because a few bad dice rolls completely destroyed their gang's ability to operate at all.

Mordheim was the superior of the two by far, unless someone was being a faggot with slings and/or Skaven.
>>
>>46010526
I think in one of the books, a tribe believes that Aqshy is actually inside the sun. I forget which book, but it's not confirmed, it's shown more as a belief that one tribe has that may or may not be true.
>>
>>46011266
That's exactly what Age is, except we now have an entire realm.

Same story as when it was the Empire and Ulthuan.

Fuck, they don't even need fucking borders. Just show us the damn continents and name those.
>>
>>46010874
25mm?
>>
>>46011315

Uh no? Its Order raiding into Disorder this time around. They already lost and Chaos cannot mount an assault on Azyr. That's the whole point of the setting, its a huge tone shift from WHFB and 40k having the 'protagonist' faction constantly under siege by chaos.

The apocalypse has already happened. The world has already fallen. Now its about stealing it back from the darkness and being the aggressor.
>>
do we have scans 4 grand chaos alliamce?
>>
>>46011315
>That's exactly what Age is

Not even a little. In AoS the good guys are swooping in a taking territory. That's the opposite of bad guys swooping in and doing nothing really.
>>
>>46011118

I'd love to play Necromunda but it's dead near me as well. People play 40k, Infinity, Warmachine, Bolt Action and X-Wing mostly.

I'll probably start Infinity.
>>
>>46011269
There was fluff about Sigmar having to execute countless refugees, many of them probably innocent, because Archaon seeded the refugee columns with chaos plagues and cultists. And then laughed about it.
>>
>>46011422
>I'll probably start Infinity.

Gross.
>>
Just bought a Blightking box.
God damn they looks so good...im not particulary happy with the monopose but the details and the bits are amazing.

Im working on a unit of Nurgle savage Orcs, because i really like the idea, do you think anyone will be angry if I add Nurgle keyword on them? otherwise they kinda are useless.
>>
>>46011484
I'd allow it
>>
>>46011476
>Gross
He says on a AoS thread. Stay classy.
>>
>>46011350
>>46011397
So exactly the same thing, but switching factions, is now a "huge tone shift"? I mean you may like the new setting more for being more planescape, it's a matter of taste, but the tone is a very poor point to make. It's the same old, tiresome shit, but with the factions switched.
>>
>>46005317

Azzguzzler
>>
File: fed.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fed.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>46011760
>Stay classy.
>>
>>46012199
>So exactly the same thing, but switching factions

Can you read, nigger?
In WHFB nobody actually did anything.
In AoS territory is actually taken.
>>
>>46010836

Get the models, play SAGA or Dragon Rampant.
>>
>>46012298

Yeah, this would be the same as before if they got blown off their points by Archaon and ran away to Sigmaron to lick their wounds and try again during the next event.
>>
>>46011350
>Chaos cannot mount an assault on Azyr.

Actually, with the opening of the Gates of Azyr. Archaon and the Skaven sees his chance to invade Azyr and conquer it. He has long foreseen it.
>>
>>46012353
see their chance*
>>
>>46012327
Saga is really good, it's a shame it doesn't have fantasy army lists and isn't better known.
>>
>>46009053
>I don't know if we will ever get 'full maps', like all of Chamon detailed, but we might get some big section of a realm detailed for some campaign, with everything beyond that left open for you to do whatever with. Eventually they might give us something like what you're looking for.

Either way, I think that's a cool map, even if it isn't a real map. Also, the Scuttling City sounds like a great place for some cityfight-style mayhem
>>
>>46008982
Yeah, that won't be of any interest to people here, will it? Stupid twat.
>>
>>46004283
But this one art is really fucking beautiful.
>>
>>46012298
How do you know?

Show me on a map of the realm what they took.

>>46012353
Why is Chaos and Slann the only ones with foresight? Even the fuckimg Skaven get it now.
>>
>>46012878
Its not art though, its posed vidya models with a filter.
>>
>>46013175
>only handpainted work can be considered art
Fuck off you dumb faggot
>>
>>46013141
>How do you know?

I've read the fluff.
>>
>>46012341

What storied lands have been taken? What mighty cities have switched from one realm to another? Which kings have been enthroned or replaced by turmoil? Which feuding dynasties have been caught in the crossfire and used it to their own advantage?

AoS cares not. All the fighting, no matter how grand, is ultimately over an empty page.
>>
>>45989057
>>at least my army isn't super shit anymore
Dude, what?
The arrival of 8th made Beastmen viable for the first time in almost a decade.
-easily buffable gor hordes
-scouting harpies
-dirt cheap chariots
-the pure rape that are minotaurs with a character leading them

The only thing that sucked were the new biggies.
>>
>>46013226
GW's policy of loose canon means pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>46013458
The basic dudes were just overpriced though, so you'd end up with too small an army compared to books that got updated in 8th. There's a reason swedish comp and that gave beastmen more points than any other army.
>>
>>46013460
What?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.