[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magnus was the most powerful Primarch.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Magnus.jpg (589 KB, 1280x1785) Image search: [Google]
Magnus.jpg
589 KB, 1280x1785
Magnus was the most powerful Primarch.
>>
>>45973149
Maybe, but what good is power when you're also the dumbest primarch.
>>
>>45973452
He wasn't even the dumbest Primarch, simply the most arrogant and self-centered.
>>
Literally fucked everything up forever. Way to fucking go.
>>
>>45973513
>What is Russ?
>What is Lorgar?
>What is Fulgrim?
>>
>>45973643
Oops, meant to link to the OP.
>>
File: Perturabo_sketch.jpg (203 KB, 535x464) Image search: [Google]
Perturabo_sketch.jpg
203 KB, 535x464
>>45973149
Petty magiks and an army of dust is nothing compared to the sweet sound of heavy artillery being directed by the most brilliant of the Primarchs .
>>
>>45973513
Yeah he sure was. Definitely more self centered than the guy that chose to serve slaanesh. Yep. No doubt the most arrogant.
>>
>>45973643
Russ would be strong if it weren't for the fact that hes too busy plowing a wolf to fight most of the time.
Lorgar would be strong if he wasn't busy gargling chaotic nut sacks all day.
Fulgrim needs to put his mirror down before he can fight so hes out too.
Magnus wins that round by default due to no shows on his opponent's parts.
>>
>>45973149
Too bad he had no idea how to use it.
>>
>>45973149

"My feet are the size of my head. Clearly, I am the greatest."
>>
>>45973149
No anon, you're the most powerful primarch
>>
>>45973149
>Magnus was the most garish Primarch.
ftfy
>>
File: Aztec Eagle Knight.jpg (117 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Aztec Eagle Knight.jpg
117 KB, 480x640
>>45974003
>Definitely more self centered than the guy that chose to serve slaanesh

Magnus' self-centeredness supersedes Fulgrims, because Magnus thought to use the Chaos Gods to his own ends and purposes and he'd never get caught, even though he was pretty goddamn certain he knew exactly what type of being he was bargaining with. He thought he could out-manipulate the God of Manipulation, and believed that HE could break the rules because HE knew what was right and what was wrong, NOT the Emperor. He was so self-centered that he didn't even care when his Legion and homeworld were being slaughtered by the Wolves, he sat and moped in his tower and had a pity party, and only got involved at the last minute because he finally realized how absolutely selfish he'd been.

He fucked over everybody who followed him - EVERYBODY - and bargained their souls in exchange for knowledge and advancement of his Legion. Did he use that knowledge to save his Legion from the Flesh Change? Yes, he did. But he also did it to gain insight into the secrets of the universe, and used the opportunity to further his own goals in the process.

THAT is why he is the most self-centered - because he was self-centered with no self-awareness of it.
>>
>>45974857
>Aztec/Mayan/Egyptian style
>garish

Lowborn scum, I bet you like to sit in a pain-closet to atone for your fuckups.
>>
>>45973149
Most powerful in picking clothes that could burn the eyes of the emperor. WTF MAGNUS HOW CAN YOU EVEN FAIL TO DRESS YOURSELF PROPERLY
>>
>>45975073
What did you expect from one of the galaxy's biggest nerds?
>>
>>45975045
But Magnus was supposed to be Persian and Egyptian themed
>>
>>45975507
A lot of his artwork also depicts him with Aztec/Maya themes as well, which is also very fitting. The Aztec and Maya were HUGE into mysticism and celestial knowledge, to the point where their daily lives revolved around understanding and interpreting the spiritual forces all around them and both appeasing them and using them for their own ends at the same time.

That OP pic has a lot of Maya/Aztec in it: the pyramidal headress, the feather motifs everywhere, the spotted trousers (like Jaguar spots), the earrings, the war paint - there's a lot going on here, and I don't know if I like the hybrid Magnus or the straight-Egyptian Magnus.
>>
>>45974996
hence why he was dumb as shit. thanks for proving me right.
>>
>>45974996
I think the word you're looking for is "arrogant," not "self-centered."
>>
>>45979036
People can be smart as shit and be brought low by pride. He was up there as one of the most intellectual Primarchs, with Rowboat and Perty, but he was brought low by lacking humility and self-reflection.

So he was dumb in a sense, but not in the typical intellectually deficient sense.

>>45974996
One of my favorite quotes in 40k is from Ahriman while Magnus is being a mopey child.

>"We are the Red Sorcerers of Prospero, damned in the eyes of our fellows, and this is to be how our story ends, in betrayal and bloodshed. No...you may find it nobler to suffer your fate, but I will take arms against it."
>>
>>45975045
>those bananas on his shield

Kek'd
>>
>>45973149
lol that shit looks ridiculous
>>
>>45973149
He is entirely too happy in this picture.
>>
>>45979134
Ahriman seems like he's kept away from the Eye and Magnus simply so Tzeentch can stop him murdering his face off and taking control until Tzeentch is good and ready.
>>
Magnus is still dumber than Spiderman.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.