[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.eternalcrusade.com/ So Eternal Crusade is comin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Eternal Crusade 2016.jpg (575 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Crusade 2016.jpg
575 KB, 1280x720
https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

So Eternal Crusade is coming out this year on XBONE/PS4/PC.

For those who don't know, it's basically Gears of War + an MMO + 40K.

>Orks
>Spess Muhreens
>Chaos Spess Muhreens
>Eldar

>can still play F2P but only as Ork boyz

Each faction also has five sub-groups to pick from.

>Evil Sunz, Bad Moons, Deathskulls, Goffs, Blood Axes
>Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Yiffs, Fists
>Black Legion, Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, Night Lords and Alpha Legion
>Ulthwe, Biel Tan, Saim Hann. Iyanden and Altansar

I am cautiously hype. Looks bretty gud. The fact that the Orks are the F2P race is kind of fridge brilliance to me; they're going to be screaming and infighting like retards and have terrible internet connections and general be awful. Like real orks.
>>
>>45967745
Oh also, there's 'Nids but only as an enemy NPC faction.
>>
>>45967745
Thought they dropped the f2p Orks part?
>>
>>45967798
>there's 'Nids
Hell yeah motherfucker

>as an enemy NPC faction
All interest dropped.
>>
>>45967859
>>45967975

http://steamcommunity.com/app/375230/discussions/0/451852118781031999/

Well, fuck. You're right.

There goes 80% of the playerbase. It was such a good idea too.

Fucking GW. I should have known they would fuck this up.
>>
>>45967975
What did you think they were going to do?
>>
>>45968014
It would be fun as fuck to play as a Genestealer or something. I dunno.
>>
>>45968011
For once, you can't blame GW for this one. Its all on the developer.

Also, fom what I've seen so far, the melee part of the game is garbage.
>>
>>45967745
Game is on Steam in early Access currently. Only (Chaos) Space Marines though for now. Looks not too shabby and the new developers work hard on it.
>>
>>45968065
Well their reasoning for Nids not being PC is because individual Nids don't make choices. If they ever add Necrons it would probably be the same.
>>
File: obliterator.jpg (444 KB, 1600x933) Image search: [Google]
obliterator.jpg
444 KB, 1600x933
>>45968037
I'll be happy if we get Obliterators. It's practically a Carnifex made out of guns when you think about it.
>>
>>45968065

Melee is fine, git gud shitter
>>
>>45968011

You should actually read what you link. The current status on f2p is unknown.
>>
>>45968132
I agree with the Nids part, they work for arm size games, like the tabletop or RTS games, but not shooters like this.

But this game is a case of the developer promising way more than they could deliver. From what's been shown, its not looking like a bad game (with some exceptions), but its not nearly what the original idea was. Hell, it wasn't until recently that they acknowledged that the hero units thing wasn't also dropped.
>>
>>45968183
http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/free-to-waagh-is-currently-out.49265/page-4#post-928061

It's out. Don't be a nig.
>>
>>45968236
Well I can't say much because of NDA, but the founder's severs have some big updates.
>>
>>45968340
Oh, I have no doubt that I'm going off of out-dated info on a lot of things. But it doesn't change that some promised things aren't going to be there at launch. I'd be happy enough to invest if they announced that they were able to move the Orks release up, though, since them not being at launch is a big sour note for me. Not even f2WAAAGH stuff, just straight up Orks being available.
>>
>>45968513
There's no Eldar yet either. It's ridiculous. They're claiming the game is going to be out in 2016 but it's going to be just like Street Fighter V.

It'll launch with Marines vs CSM and people will get bored and stop playing by the time they release another race months later. It's fucking moronic.
>>
>>45968541

They already said they're going to implement Eldar within the next couple of patches, among other big updates.
>>
>>45967745
>no f2p boyz
>MMO aspects toned down so it's just repeated arena battles
>only marines at launch
>>
>>45968340
>NDA
Good thing you're anonymous.
>>
Feel like this is gonna be awful. They've completely abandoned their original plans and we're left with a shitty copy of Space Marine.
>>
Fuck that, is anyone playing the Battlefleet Gothic Armada beta? I made the mistake of buying right before I went to work, it was fun as hell and now I've been distracted all day.
>>
>>45969843
Haven't yet but it looks awesome. I want to play as Orks.
>>
File: 1456260944400.jpg (188 KB, 500x561) Image search: [Google]
1456260944400.jpg
188 KB, 500x561
Did they show anything Eldar related yet? I wanna kill mon'keigh with my future tech.
>>
File: 1436481752444.jpg (169 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
1436481752444.jpg
169 KB, 569x571
>>45968687
>>no f2p boyz
Fuck, that seemed like a clever way to increase ork numbers
>>
>>45968132
>If they ever add Necrons it would probably be the same.

You could somewhat reasonably be a Praetorian. They have quite a bit of free reign and clout in the Necron empire, and can pretty much do whatever they want.
>>
Been following this game for a while. It's always looked like it was going to be shit, and it's definitely going to be shit now. I'll be shocked if it survives for a couple years.
>>
>>45970424
Eldar aren't in at launch.
>>
>>45968340
yeah, you know you're anonymous, right anon? but then, we all know you is just talking out your ass - fuck off
>>
>>45973471
Honestly, buying games at launch is for chumps. Especially with an MMO. It's far better to wait a year and see if it gathers a decent community (in size and in toxicity), what the F2P model / cash shop shakes out as and how much impact it has on the game, if the developers are making a good effort balancing it, and so on.

I hope Eternal Crusade is good, but I'm not going to donate my money via a Founder's Pack or something equally dumb. If it's around in a year and worth playing / worth paying, I'll consider picking it up.
>>
File: Nathan-Chan.jpg (628 KB, 800x1040) Image search: [Google]
Nathan-Chan.jpg
628 KB, 800x1040
Nathan doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>45968711
Eldar comin in hawt son.
>>
>>45970675
It's more than that. f2p ork boyz sets the quality floor at "ork-themed IMVU" which is still a worthwhile thing. And it would build in a playerbase right away, because what fa/tg/uy wouldn't roll up an ork and fuck around a bit, if it were free?
>>
>>45967745
Would never buy
Would never play
If you like this
You are gay
>>
>>45967745
>F2P is Orks only

I have to say, that's brilliant. It will ensure that Orks are always the most numerous faction and be generally awful, just like orks.
>>
>>45967745
>no SoB
Pass.
>>
>>45973905
Just when I thought my faith in this project couldn't decline any further.
>>
>>45973905
Yes, they are, orks and eldar will be added before the alpha ends.
>>
>no Salamanders

also, looked shit and boring when Brote played it, and he's the only one i trust.
>>
>>45968541
>but it's going to be just like Street Fighter V
Don't compare some garbage shovelware to solid fighting with decent gameplay.
>>
>>45967745
As someone who spent over £100 on this game back in the day. I can tell you with confidence that in its current state the game is clunky and doesn't play well. There are a loads of balance issues that I don't see them being able to fix in time for the release date. I mean they have gave melee combat a complete overhaul like 4 times now and it still sucks.
>>
>>45967745
I was interested when it was an MMO, seeing as its just another Space Marine game I'll avoid it.
>>
>>45967745
The game as it is now it's pretty shit: look worse than space marine, there're still buggy effects, there's little content and many maps play as a one sided massacre too often (not always though).

But I see these problems as part of the alpha: The models look basic because visual customization and progression aren't in and they will; the buggy effects seem to be exclusive of the newer maps so I can assume they will get fixed; the planned content of pve with tyranids, the edlar classes and the orks for me it's enough, it's just the maps that to me seem limited and not very varied though; the massacres happen when there're premades vs pugs and this happen because of an exploitation of the not random matchmaking system, the warparties are supposed to be put against one another when possible when the game reaches them.

It's a shame though that it will probably end up as a lobby shooter in practice: The world map will have multiple identical locations and the cap of many maps seem to be just 32vs32, with only the fortifications arriving near 100 players total; the tyranids too will only see teams of 5 players.
Not as massive as I would have liked.

The balance of classes and the effects of weapons is strange, as is the TTK and the melee: It seems like judgement of these things in general is warped by the fact server can be slow and register many (too much) hits together rather than dispersed in the proper amount of time making certain deaths look like instant.
The lascannon is boring to use, the plasma gun instead is too versatile; the boltgun is too often ditched for other weapons too; the melee is a rock paper scissors minigame that will be usually interrupted by other players, could use some tweaks but honestly I don't know how without changing it too much.
The implemented cover system feels useless.

I'm in due to hope and I will crash and burn with this game if it has to be so.
>>
>>45983054
Oh and many newcomers think the game space marine is a realistic representation of the abilities and characteristics of a proper astartes and will whine to hell and back because of it

>orks don't die fast enough
>marines die too easily
>why are eldar as tall as me when I'm 8'+?
>why isn't the meltagun a shotgun?
Though the actual implementation of the meltagun does look strange.
>>
>>45967745
>no f2p Imperial Guard
Dropped
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.