[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a fucking Deutschophile in my group. They're so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
I have a fucking Deutschophile in my group.

They're so fucking annoying. I was hoping to avoid having one in my group, but there's so many of them these days that you just can't avoid them.

He's always talking about how Germany has the best culture in the world. The only weapon he ever uses is a zweihander, which he claims is the best weapon ever designed, and he refuses to call his class "fighter," instead referring to it as Landsknecht and expecting NPCs to react to him differently because he's got a huge feather in his hat.

He probably worships the Nazis and wants to have sex with dead Jews. He needs to stop trying to insert German shit in a campaign setting that has nothing to do with German culture, and he needs to take a look at himself and understand that it's fucking weird for an Irish guy to get all misty eyed over such a retarded country, that fucking Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte-eating prick.
>>
>>45958319
Is this copypasta or a new meme?
>>
>>45958327
I'm going to take a wild guess that the original version was about a weeb using katanas and insisting on being called a samurai.
>>
>>45958319
>He's always talking about how Germany has the best culture in the world.
Well, he's not wrong. Better than the Irish at least.
>>
I'm betting on estocs being the next meme weapon. They work like a combination of a rapier you can hold with both hands and a short, manageable spear and they are specifically made for fighting armored opponents, which allows for many reheated arguments.
>>
>>45958360
It's a bad copypaste, because the dude is not even using a Katzbalger.
>>
>>45958360
Does the opposite ever happen in Japan with Knightaboos?
>>
>>45958400
I'm hoping for the Swordstaff, which is more or less literally a sword on a stick
feel the not!scandinavian fury, goblin scum
>>
>>45958384
I'll fucking fite u m80
>>
>>45958319
Germaniphile or frangophile would be a better words.
>>
>>45958422
well if you think about it, it's pretty spot on. I mean the picture is a larp pic, and the opening post has a lot of errors too, ones that you would expect from weeaboos tier people
>>
>>45958319
>zweihander
It literally just means two hander. This is just about as dumb as that on fuckwit who said he'd be real interested in on of these "schwert" swords the Germans use, or the people who think panzer is a special name for a special type of tanks and doesn't literally just fucking mean armour.
>>
>>45958615
And Katana just means "sword" in Japanese.
>>
>>45958615
I know, right? The correct historical term is bidenhander. Zweihander is just a modern name for the sword
>>
>>45958384
I'm sure the Romans would say differently.
>>
>>45958319
>He's always talking about how Germany has the best culture in the world.
It does.
>The only weapon he ever uses is a zweihander, which he claims is the best weapon ever designed,
He's not wrong.
>and he refuses to call his class "fighter," instead referring to it as Landsknecht
Not seeing a problem here. Fits rightbin with all the spellswords, duelists, and bounty hunters out there.
>and expecting NPCs to react to him differently because he's got a huge feather in his hat.
They wouldn't? It's a big feather!
>>
>>45958319
Go back to Syria.
>>
>>45958615
It's even worse when people think that the German name was what they were known as all across Europe.
>>
>>45958644
>It's a big feather!
For you.
>>
>>45958422
Anima has even Katzbalger as seperate weapon with special rule.
And people say Anima is only about anime shit.
>>
>>45958501
I want the answer to this.
I'd be that guy if I went to japan.
>>
>>45958501
Certain Japanese worship France/Paris
>>
>>45958641
Ireland was so utterly worthless that the Romans didn't even bother trying to take over.

The German tribes at least had something worth trying to take and conquer.
>>
>>45958687
And get culture shock when they go there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome
>>
>>45958699
The vikings built Dublin so there was something worth raiding there.
>>
>>45958699
>that the Romans didn't even bother trying to take over.
I thought they never bothered because they feared the Irish militia with their Wiskey of destruction.
>>
File: 1375166699520.jpg (2 MB, 2900x2440) Image search: [Google]
1375166699520.jpg
2 MB, 2900x2440
>>45958571
You could say that they are a Wehraboo
>>
>>45958730
Iceland genetically is mostly gaelic women and Danish men. So that "something" was probably women.

It also says a lot that filthy fucking Vikings, the rapefugees of the migration era, built the only city in Ireland.
>>
>>45958501
There are a lot of Japanese who are super obsessed with cowboys, which is sort of analogous in time period, if less so in social allegory.
>>
>>45958760
They were barely interested in britannia, it was considered the arse end of the empire.
>>
>>45958699
>>45958760
>>45958806
Who let the Brits in?
>>
>>45958730
Given that they also tried to colonise Greenland, I'm just going to say it's an indication that their sense of "good places to go" was spectacularly hit-or-miss.
>>
>>45958931
It was a less a sense of "good places to go" and more "Where haven't we been yet?"

They went everywhere bar asia and south africa, they were the great explorers of their time.
>>
>>45958319
>schwarzwälder
Please kill yourself
>>
>>45958501
Lots of japanese games and anime seem to have a thing about knights and a distorted version of christianity, so I'm gonna say yes
>>
>>45958980
But Black Forest gâteau are moist and delicious and not a lie.
>>
>>45959131
Fuck, I want cake now.

>captcha is a cake

It knows!
>>
>>45959131
>gâteau
Get out of here France, and leave my Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte alone
>>
>>45958638
Tsurigi - sword
Tachi - saber
Katana - type of Tachi
>>
>>45959328
Apparently that's the Island French term for Schwarzwälder. They really should leave the island to the Scots and the Irish and move back to Scandinavia, yes.
>>
>>45958422
Katzbalger were typical of Landsknechte, but there was a special class of fighters among them called Doppelsöldner. They used Zweihänder and received twice the pay of the other mercenaries, because their job was so dangerous.
>>
>>45958319
>zweihander
Tell him to use the proper spelling at least.
Its Zweihänder because in german names are always spelled with capital letters. Furthermore its ä not a (in case he does not own a german keyboard ae is an official substitude, making in Zweihaender. Just to bullshit him back.

if this is not a joke.
>>
>>45959446
but the point is, I think, that Katana are a sidearm, and so are Katzbalger. Katana are the thing fetishized, even though they weren't effective enough to be main arms.

Also, Doppelsöldner are named after OFTEN getting the double pay, it was by no means universal practice
>>
>>45959468
>if this is not a joke.

It's obviously a joke, and so are you, thinking the German word for Bidenhänder is Zweihänder. No, zweihander is a Germanism in English, used for Bidenhänder, which is a TYPE of two handed sword, which are called Zweihänder in German. A langes Schwert is just as much a Zweihänder as a Bidenhänder.

So his spelling, as an English word taken from German is correct you goddamn pedant who is also wrong about his pedantry.
>>
>>45958774

Completely underrated post
>>
>>45958849
Completely wrong. Britain had the largest supply of Tin at the time and made the best bronze and had many of the best blacksmiths.
>>
>>45959559
having no knowledge of the time I am made immediately suspicious by the phrase 'the best bronze'
>>
>>45959590
He's right though. Britain had been the prime supplier of tin ever since somebody figured out how to make bronze and had been part of the inter-european trade network before that already. The reason why Caesar could just jaunt over and kill a bunch of locals on a weekend was because there must've been shitloads of boats and ports and locals with geographical knowledge of the coastal region of Britain around along the channel coast.
>>
>>45958501
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWiaRhQDZFE
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.