[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Collector stats for Edge of the Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Collectors.jpg (4 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
Collectors.jpg
4 KB, 160x90
/tg/ I need stats for pic related for a game of Edge of the Empire I'm running with a Mass Effect conversion.

Preferably for the ME3 incarnation for ease of use.

So, normal Troopers and Captains.

Not particularly fussed about Praetorians and Scions and Abominations just yet though.

I don't want to kill my party with extreme prejudice just yet.
>>
Bump.

I've got equipment and the like covered, just need the stats.
>>
>>45951368
What kind of stats do YOU think they should have?
>>
Standard soldier stats with maybe some extra CON, short fly speed, and a limit break that raises all thier stats for a short duration.

Fluffed as the whole assuming direct control thing.
>>
>>45951769
That's just it, I don't quite know. If I gave them the deployable barriers from ME2 that'd be bad enough, but considering the way they're gentically and cybernetically altered, I'd go the route of min-maxing them.

Low Int, High Brawn and Agility and probably with a fear check involved somewhere.

>>45951845
I might just use that.
>>
Just use the stats for Verpine or Killiks or something, surely they've been statted in EotE.

You might have more luck asking in /swg/.
>>
>>45952859
Thread link maybe?

I considered using the Verpine stats from that one Age of Rebellin splat book, but I don't have it myself,-it belongs to a friend,-and I seem to remember them being a bit on the squishy side.
>>
>>45951930
do you plan on them having biotics? are they going to have a collector general go ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL to boost a single units capibility? are you going to have the hive minded?

i need more information. i can fluff them for you but i can't actually stat them because i have never done EotE
>>
>>45952933
>do you plan on them having biotics?
Only during a Possession and the barrier power. I've already got a Biotics system worked out.
>are they going to have a collector general go ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL to boost a single units capibility?
Yes.
>are you going to have the hive minded?
Are the Collectors a hive mind? I just thought the General and Harbinger controlled them.
>>
>>45952970
the general is a flesh puppet for Harbinger. are you having Harbinger run the show? if you plan on going for the genetic cyber abomination you can have an imperial moff get too ambitious, have him create a cyber abomination between human and killik. they needed something to keep the new solders in check so they created the general to manage the information of coordination and keeping them in line, so they made him semi-sapient. unfortunately the general grew too smart too fast and broke free, killing the research team, taking his people and fled into the galaxy.

the general is trying to get them to become aware and sapient, alot like the awoken collectors you see in ME3 multi
>>
>>45953063
Just to clarify, I'm running a Mass Effect campaign using the Edge of the Empire system and a fuckload of modified weapon statlines and tweaked enemy profiles.

Collectors are the first enemy type that have really given me trouble trying to stat, hence coming here for other opinions and inputs.
>>
>>45953063
>>45953124
That said, that'd be pretty cool if I could convince my GM to actually use that idea in his game.

The one downside of writing a functional conversion is wanting to play it yourself.
>>
File: 142232592148.jpg (20 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
142232592148.jpg
20 KB, 600x200
>>45953124
oh. never mind then. like i said, i can't help statting them.

now i want collectors in star wars now anon. thanks
>>
>>45953150
I know your feel. I want Biotics in Star Wars. Especially since I've figured out a pretty solid system for them.

If you want the reason for what I was aiming for, my party is going to be infiltrating a slaver's stronghold and finding him doing an exchange:

Slaves for bulk credits.

That's the short version anyway.
>>
>Mass Effect conversion for EotE

Go on.....
>>
>>45953370
It wasn't that hard. Just starting stats for each of the major races, weapon profiles, a system for Biotics to replace Force powers, tech powers...

It was a lot of work however. I've got most of it on a google doc, but I don't think I've added my most recent edits yet.
>>
>>45953443
And I had to work out stats for enemies as well, but just tweaking stuff that already existed covered most of it.

It's going to be fun when I eventually stat an Atlas. I've already done a YMIR and that thing is fucking sadistically tough.
>>
>>45953370
I take it you actually want a look at what I've written?
>>
>>45953696
I'd be in your debt anon.
>>
>>45953782
One link. Feedback would be much appreciated.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qS2gQC9swJXOzSSv_FU8H-YiNjtaLZHTi9V8T3jcr-I/edit
>>
>>45953792
Glancing over it looks pretty solid, I didn't see anything that jumped out at me as broken or unworkable. If I can convince my group to try a short game with it I'll write up any other thoughts we come up with and shoot you an email assuming that's your contact on the doc header.
>>
>>45954025
Yep. I'd appreciate it. I'd love to hear how it goes for another group. I'll turn comments on to make it easier or if you want to link a doc write up of your own.
>>
>>45954090
Alright, got everything saved and book marked. Talking with folks it sounds like there is some interest so hopefully I'll have some cliff notes at least to send your way in the next week or two.
>>
>>45954623
Have fun.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.