[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So...who won in the Kauruva war? we know it was a slaughter for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Soulstorm_Coverart.jpg (204 KB, 300x417) Image search: [Google]
Soulstorm_Coverart.jpg
204 KB, 300x417
So...who won in the Kauruva war?
we know it was a slaughter for the humans, which means it's not a huge stretch to assume the Sisters of Battle and the imperial guard were wiped out on top of the blod rehvens

it seems unlikely the orks won, though it's not impossible.

the same can be said for the dark eldar and the nekrons, as their wins would mean a lot more shitty shit than just losing a system.

I doubt the Tau pulled it off....so did the eldar win?
>>
>>45910366
None of the above.
Tzeentch won, just as planned.
>>
>>45910366
Guards won. I forget where it says that, but that's what happened.
>>
>>45910366
I always thought Stubbs pulled it out somehow. He was certainly the coolest character of the lot, though Carys was pretty sexy.
>>
>>45910366
Blood Ravens definitely lost.

Guard probably won.
>>
>>45910366
the guard won.
>>
>>45910397
>>45910624
You are mistaken. There's no official word other than "Boreale lost".

Guard victory is a meme that spread thanks to Stubbs' popularity, but you'll find no official sources confirming it as canon.
>>
>>45910746
No, it ain't, champ.

If only you could prove it wrong... you can't
>>
File: 1338107966752.jpg (45 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1338107966752.jpg
45 KB, 396x400
>>45910864
And if you could only prove it to be true. A negative doesn't have to be proven. A positive does. So either prove the Guard won, or shut the fuck up.
>>
File: Dr. Wily is in control.png (71 KB, 255x214) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Wily is in control.png
71 KB, 255x214
>>45912414
You've made this thread before and gotten the same answer. It's the only answer you'll ever get.

Accept it or be forever lost.
>>
>>45912753
I'm the OP though.

I literally just finished soulstorm as dark eldar.

I have never made this thread before.
>>
Reasonable assumption is Guard victory, as the after-battle report for the BR claimed that prisoners were taken but eventually returned to their chapter. Cyrus survived Kurava, and his best odds of doing so would have been with a Guard victory.
>>
>>45910366
If the Necrons won, blood raven prisoners would not have been released, everyone would be dead, same with Dark Eldar, except with orgies and power nipple rings.
Ghazkull lost and moved his next waaagh elseware
Eldar lost since their commanders soulstone becomes a major plotpoint for the eldar in DoW: Retribution
Blood Ravens were led by a hilariously incompetent commander and lost which led to potential heretics hiding in the chapter as a result.
It is possible that Chaos, Imperial guard or Sisters of Battle won.

Chaos may have purposely released marines they managed to ccorupt in order to begin a heresy in the Blood Ravens for the war master of chaos.
Ig may have won since aforementioned prisoner released occurred.
SoB winning is also possible since the DoW games like to end on a happyish note that hints towards utter insanity occurring later on, though SoB releasing the Blood Ravens is a little less likely since Space Marines are viewed as mutants, and Space Marines not viewing the emprah as a god may cause some religious conflict between them on occasion
>>
>>45913595
>Ghazkull
Gorgutz
>>
>>45913595
That was taldeer, and she was in dark crusade.
>>
File: 1291818647182.jpg (46 KB, 363x310) Image search: [Google]
1291818647182.jpg
46 KB, 363x310
>>45912753
Far better lost to you and your obvious stupidity then agreeing with you.

I side with logic. Logic says that nothing has been stated other then Boreale lost.

All else is your fanboi wank in progress.
>>
>>45913817
>>45913855
Shit, sorry, my knowledge on the game series is a bit hazy since it has been a while since I played
>>
>>45913089
Or a retreat after the Eldar finished cleaning everything up. As the Eldar would not have hunted the scattered survivors of the Space Marine defeat.

Or the "ransomed" former imprisoned victims of a Tau victory. Allowed to leave in hopes that the Imperium would leave the new Tau world alone, and along with a promise to never raise arms against the Tau again. The Tau are that naive.

Both of those are possible. Not necessarily likely, but as they are as unproven as a Guard victory...
>>
File: 1410256547558.jpg (69 KB, 558x379) Image search: [Google]
1410256547558.jpg
69 KB, 558x379
>>45913595
Sorry, didn't know about Retribution, soulstone thing. Eldar victory is very unlikely at that point. Never played Retribution.
>>
>>45914085
you should.
The VA alone is awesome
>The eternal war ends for you this day.
poetic.
>>
>>45912808

Well the true answer is that we have no fucking clue other than that the Blood Ravens consider the entire campaign an embarrassment to the point of staining their honor, but besides that it's mostly up to the player.

Personally I prefer the Eldar ending the most because it arguably works out best for everypne who isn't a complete monster in the long run but aside from that it's up to you.

As far as you're concerned the Dark Eldar won and that's it.
>>
One gotta wonder how close Kauruva was to the Bloody Magpie system. If Chaos got it's hands on a system that can manufacture Baneblade and shits I doubt the Imperium would let them live for more than a decade, same with any of the xeno races.
It could also explain why the Blood Raven would try to keep Meridian secure since they'd have only Angel Forge to craft their shits, as a victorious IG/SoB would blackball their asses for a long ass time
>>
>>45910366
Fan favorite were the IG with Stubbs. And for good reason.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.