[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me fluff out my Special dudes/Shooty man's, /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: Doom_Eagles_Assault_Marine.jpg (272 KB, 1058x1326) Image search: [Google]
Doom_Eagles_Assault_Marine.jpg
272 KB, 1058x1326
I'm working on a custom SM chapter and I would like some help fluffing them out (and maybe deciding a colour scheme).

What I've got nailed down so far is they're shooty, stealthy, and tacticool, but willing to use heavy equipment when the situation calls for it. They're most likely Ultramarine successors. They're similar to the Doom Eagles in that they take a very dour, even cynical view of war - but where the Doom Eagles see themselves as already dead martyrs fighting for the good of the Imperium, my snowflake men's believe that they are fighting for a future in which they themselves would be irrelevant and unwelcome. That the future of humanity is ultimately one of peace (after each and every mother fucker has been killed) and that it's a shame that billions grind themselves into paste in the machine of war, let alone that they have to recruit and mutilate children to make more Marines. They see themselves as weapons, a necessary evil cutting the cancer out of the universe, not something to be lauded or praised but grudgingly accepted until the killing is finally done and there are no more enemies of men left - and then, they can become embarrassing relics of a savage past and fade I to obscurity. As a result they fight dispassionately and coldly, but with an eye for limiting unnecessary loss of civilian life - despite the comparative value, they actually do believe the lives of even the most dogshit poor and ignorant Imperial civilian is worth just as much if not more as them, the killtastic demigods - similar to the Doom Eagles, Lamentors, Salamanders, etc.
>>
File: band_u18chan.jpg (100 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
band_u18chan.jpg
100 KB, 500x321
>>45896620
One, fucking format your post. Christ, is it so hard to press enter a couple times?

Also that is so bland and cookie cutter -with fucking nothing to work with- that you should probably go for an existing chapter as you appear incapable of writing lore.
>>
>>45896620
Instead of flying the chapter colors, have them use camo for the battlefield they find themselves on. If you want parade colors, I'd suggest looking at some old and current military dress uniforms.

I got kind of a Metal Gear vibe from your description, so maybe check it out for ideas too.
>>
I think an interesting development for your chapter would be since your marines think of themselves as weapons with no future in their utopia, they would try their hardest to get themselves killed in battle to avoid being ostracized in the future.

On the other side, since the command also think of their troops as weapons and assets (they dont want to mutilate more children to make more troops) they only approve near flawlessly survivable missions.

Both of these merge to create a dynamic that every troop goes balls deep everytime they can, but usually do not die since they are on ingenious missions
>>
>>45896737
Also this would lead to a disconnect between the marines and command, since command is stopping their suicidal lusts, but dont do anything about it since they respect them as the users (weapons). The command would have to pick marines to replace the dead captains to prevent that dynamic from changing.

A little fun thing to have for fluff is that the ceremony for promoting new captains/commanders is a "funeral". Marking the death of a marine and a birth of a captain.
>>
Sounds pretty decent, anything fluff related you want help on specifically?
>>
>>45896773
Going on with my funeral ceremony idea, I'm thinking that the chosen marine for promotion would be put in front of his new company in his new artificer armor, and the chapter master come up to him gives a speech or a eulogy and shoot the captain in the bulk of the armor with a low powered pistol.
>>
File: 1446268918488.png (12 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
1446268918488.png
12 KB, 217x232
>>45896620
If you don't mind, I'm going to take a nap. Reading that wall of text was so tedious and fucking tiring I feel the urge to sleep.
>>
File: 1432849120448.jpg (97 KB, 402x608) Image search: [Google]
1432849120448.jpg
97 KB, 402x608
Since a lot of people complained about formatting, I went ahead and edited OP's post a little here:

>What I've got nailed down so far is they're shooty, stealthy, and tacticool, but willing to use heavy equipment when the situation calls for it.

>They're most likely Ultramarine successors. They're similar to the Doom Eagles in that they take a very dour, even cynical view of war - but where the Doom Eagles see themselves as already dead martyrs fighting for the good of the Imperium, my snowflake men's believe that they are fighting for a future in which they themselves would be irrelevant and unwelcome. That the future of humanity is ultimately one of peace (after each and every mother fucker has been killed) and that it's a shame that billions grind themselves into paste in the machine of war, let alone that they have to recruit and mutilate children to make more Marines.

>They see themselves as weapons, a necessary evil cutting the cancer out of the universe, not something to be lauded or praised but grudgingly accepted until the killing is finally done and there are no more enemies of men left - and then, they can become embarrassing relics of a savage past and fade to obscurity.

>As a result they fight dispassionately and coldly, but with an eye for limiting unnecessary loss of civilian life - despite the comparative value, they actually do believe the lives of even the most dogshit poor and ignorant Imperial civilian is worth just as much if not more as them, the killtastic demigods - similar to the Doom Eagles, Lamentors, Salamanders, etc.

Personally, I find it a little over the top: why make them so much like the Doom Eagles if you're barely going to do anything with it that's different? And the stealthy and tacticool bit makes me think more of the Raven Guard, not the Ultramarines.
>>
File: Cringey.jpg (47 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Cringey.jpg
47 KB, 250x250
>>45897010

Fact: If you humour faggots, you just get more faggotry, not less.

OP: Soldiers fighting for peace and military irrelevancy is like hookers fucking for virginity. Get your shit together before you post again.
>>
File: 1418201794327.png (115 KB, 474x383) Image search: [Google]
1418201794327.png
115 KB, 474x383
>>45897319
>Soldiers fighting for peace and military irrelevancy is like hookers fucking for virginity.
>>
>>45896902
Explain.

"Yeah, your a captain now blah blah blah new responsiblities yadda yadda yadda new outlook on war yap ya-" *BLAM*
>>
>>45896620
You've might've seen the "Sanguinary Shield" Threads around recently.

If you NEED and I mean ABSOLUTELY have no other options, you can start fluffing SOME stuff with this.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables
>>
>>45897010
Sounds more like Raven Guard. This Semi-Edgy Background and Ideology is also rather believable for them.
>>
File: operative.jpg (64 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
operative.jpg
64 KB, 320x240
>>45897319
>> It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.
>>So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?
>> I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster.
>>
File: Korvydae-mini.jpg (132 KB, 677x800) Image search: [Google]
Korvydae-mini.jpg
132 KB, 677x800
>>45898256
At least it's not full Obsidian Glaives. And come on, the Raven Guard can be bros. Shrike goes out of his way to help the little guy, and Korvydae actually lost a battle because he was reluctant to just let Guardsmen die.
>>
>>45896773
>A little fun thing to have for fluff is that the ceremony for promoting new captains/commanders is a "funeral". Marking the death of a marine and a birth of a captain.

I actually like this concept. A chaplain reads off his honours before rows of seated marines. Occasionally one will stand and regail the rest with a tale of how the 'fallen' brother demonstrated his selfless heroism, the only time it is considered appropriate to interrupt a chaplain.

The service concludes with a prayer-oath: 'As he dies, I shall live. As he lived, shall I live. Unto my final hour.'

Should have a sufficiently deathly name too, 'Skeleton Warriors' or something.
>>
>>45899297
Tempted to take this and use it in another thread with rolling.
Concept being the higher up the ranks you get the closer to death you become. Maybe toning back the edge with death to them being kindly, for only one who has seen war and death can understand what peace and life are worth.
>>
>>45899321
>Tempted to take this and use it in another thread with rolling.

By all means, /tg/ is a primordial soup of half-complete ideas looking for their destined use.

I'm also partial to the idea of a marine chapter of cowboys, engraving their armour, wielding bolt pistols, riding massive robot horses. No stupid hats.
>>
I am wondering if this would fit a sort of dark angel's theme, imagine that this chapter was rushed out of their parent chapter too quickly to be part of the DA inner circle. this would mean that the rank and file would be used to being left out of the big picture by the command, but the command wouldn't know about the Fallen and would do nothing to find out about it.
>>
>>45898200
since Space marines already think of themselves as a means to get to a galactic Imperium, they already are disconnected from their humanity and are out of themselves(indoctrinated).

I take the idea that they think of themselves as weapons as they are even more disconnected than normal space marines from themselves(super indoctrination).

I don't see it being too far of a stretch to have soldier to put aside his past to become a captain, and changing the way he thinks and acts since he isn't his natural self. he would become what he has seen from his officers
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.