[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm guessing it's a bad idea to disobey your deity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: Kelemvor_Lyonsbane_MotB.jpg (62 KB, 757x549) Image search: [Google]
Kelemvor_Lyonsbane_MotB.jpg
62 KB, 757x549
So I'm guessing it's a bad idea to disobey your deity when he's literally right there in front of you as a divine champion? Fuck your wall, old man.
>>
File: trump point.jpg (22 KB, 635x425) Image search: [Google]
trump point.jpg
22 KB, 635x425
You have to go back.
>>
Yfw when Wall of the Faithless was built to keep the godless moochers out of the afterlife.
>>
>>45896978
>The Wall exists because without it, mortals could freely choose not to worship without punishment
>Which could make gods die, and we're way more important than the countless godless souls that are plastered together
>Nevermind the fact that 95% of the sapient mortals on Toril have no idea the wall exists because they're not privy to the secrets of the afterlife
>So most of the souls in it are there out of ignorance, as if it's somehow their fault
>If you're lucky, fiends find their way into the fugue plane and steal your helpless soul from the wall to torture for all eternity or devour

Wall of the Faithless is one of the greatest injustices in the FR cosmology. TEAR THIS WALL DOWN
>>
>>45897996
Didn't it get torn down in 4e?
>>
>>45892104
you could have gone full mask infront of your deity
compared to that "TEAR DOWN THIS WALL" isn't that bad
>>
>>45898023
It failed to be mentioned in any 4e material, but there's no reference to it being destroyed AFAIK.

It's mentioned in 5e's Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, apparently. Still there.
>>
>>45897996
to be faithless in toril is very difficult, a deliberate act of defiance, what with all the proofs of their existence all around
>>
>>45892104
No if that SOB want's to delete your soul despite being faithful to his stupid ass.
>>
>>45897996
That might make a good campaign.
>>
>>45901763
I'll roll up Reagan right now
>>
>>45892104

Too be fair, he didn't like The Wall either and wanted to give you a fighting chance to get your soul back.
That's why you didn't get curb stomped the second you entered his plane.
>>
>>45901842
At that point in the game you can have already eaten one god, let's make it two.
>>
>>45892104
I wish you could have destroyed the wall in that game. Supposedly the developers originally intended for its destruction but some liscencing bullshit with WOTC or ed greenwood prevented it.
>>
>>45903621
You ate the desiccated soul of a dead god. Kelemvor is a greater deity and you were standing in his domain. Do you really think you'd have any chance of winning in those circumstances?
>>
>>45905622
>>45903830
>>45903621
It would be a cool payoff for having eaten the souls of X number of very powerful entities, if that allowed you the option to attempt to eat Kelemvor and just fucking will the wall out of existence (or eat it if you're evil and intent on becoming a truly lovecraftian abomination.)
>>
>>45897996
The wall is blackmail, plain and simple. Another case of the gods being dicks. We need another time of troubles.
>>
>>45906027

After beating your hunger into submission and reclaiming your soul, you can go eat Kelemvor and someother greater deities...
>>
>>45897996
How do you think the FR gods will react if people start putting their souls inside machines or robots to circumvent that rule?
>>
>>45898128
>Souls that are unclaimed by the servants of the gods are judged by Kelemvor, who decides the fate of each one. Some are charged with serving as guides for other lost souls, while others are transformed into squirming larvae and cast into the dust. The truly false and faithless are mortared into the Wall of the Faithless, the great barrier that bounds the City of the Dead, where their souls slowly dissolve and begin to become part of the stuff of the Wall itself.

the key question is what qualifies as "truly false and faithless", but it's clearly not the case that everyone who doesn't worship a god ends up in the wall.
>>
>>45906397
I speculate that perhaps the willingly faithless - those who knew they could worship the gods but chose not to - always end up in the wall, but those who somehow never got taught about the gods are shown leniency.
>>
>>45906652
They're totally not. There's no "the nice part of hell where Greek homos get to hang out" in Walltown. If a god doesn't come to collect you, you're fucked.
>>
>>45906193
Kel decides not to get involved but apparently you eat like half the pantheon before fucking off to China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsUwihtGDM0

Maybe you shouldn't have let an epic level adventurer with NO FUCKING SOUL wander around, idiot.
>>
So many things are wasted on Forgotten Realms. You don't build a wall for no fucking reason, you build it to keep shit out or in, and to divide an area. If I was building a wall out of the souls of the faithless dead, the least they could do was protect against the encroaching Other that seeks to consume reality.
>>
>>45897996
Wall exists because without worship gods die
Gods die without worship because AO punished them with that for not doing their fucking jobs.
Maybe if the gods did their fucking jobs they wouldn't need the fucking wall.
>>
>>45906199

With another insufferable soap opera drama played out in the heavens, most likely. I'm way past beleiving any new good storylines are possible in FR.
>>
I'd like to see the collective will of the mortal races deified and said god give the rest of them a Babylon 5 "we're tired of you assholes using us as pawns, get the fuck out of here if you're not going to act like adults" speech.
>>
>>45909691
I'm glad he got put in gay baby jail in 5e.
>>
>>45906027
In the real evil ending, you basically DO become a Lovecraftian horror capable of murdering the shit out of gods.
>>
Throughout MotB Gods and there servants claim the the wall is a necessary evil and part of the natural cosmic order.

But the wall didn't even fucking exist until like a few hundred years ago when Myrkul built it, and he did so purely to be a dick. Everything went along just fine before the wall existed. It only continues to exist because Kelemvor is a crybaby wuss and let the other Gods bully him into keeping it up.

FR deities are such fuckboys, and so is WotC for forcing Obsidian to remove the ending where you could tear this fucking thing down.
>>
>>45910246
IIRC, WotC didn't turn it down. Obsidian never actually brought it up to them because they assumed the idea would get shot down.
>>
>>45898412

What if you believe in all of them, since they obviously exist, but think they're all cunts?
>>
I loved MotB

Cum all over my face, Ziets
>>
I am still trying to find a way to counter mages without being a mage in tMotB. Help me anons.
>>
>>45910641
Step 1: Cast all necessary protection from bullshit buffs
Step 2: Dispel all of their buffs
Step 3: Smack them over the head like your annoying girlfriend
>>
>>45909660
Chinese want to have a word with you about not building pointless walls.
>>
>>45892104
>tfw "Tear down this wall" could have been one of the options, given how soon the 3.x was being given the boot and 4e swapped over
>tfw it could have actually been included if WotC/Hasbro had been remotely competent

Also, does anyone have the writeup about Kelemvor being the laziest motherfucker of a god ever, and the entire Mask of the Betrayer plotline existing because he just doesn't do any of the things that are his duty as a god?
>>
NWN:MotB = Planescape: Torment
fite me
>>
>>45912570
But you're right
>>
>>45912570
I disagree, but I'm pretty sure you're NOT Hitler.
>>
>>45913507
>>45912955
I guess I'll have to settle for this.

>>45911085
Anyone got that Kelemvor writeup?
>>
>>45912570
Hordes of the Underdark was pretty good too, especially the part in Hell.
>>
File: The ultimate blackmail.png (98 KB, 407x151) Image search: [Google]
The ultimate blackmail.png
98 KB, 407x151
>>
>>45896978
They could feed them to a moon like they do in Pathfinder.
>>
>>45912570
NWN:MotB = Planescape: Torment = KotOR2 = PoE

Not quality wise, mind you, but the stories are so fukcing simmilar, and always built around same fucking themes. Obsidian really should do more games in non-fantasy settings, at least then they're forced into something fresh (like Alpha Protocol). They can do it, they're just too lazy to not make another game with protagonist having some kind of tragic gift-curse that makes him center of the universe and shit.
>>
>>45915953
They did it twice in NWN2 with the same character. Remember the MC from MotB is also the Shardbearer from the NWN2 main quest.
>>
>>45915953
>PoE

Just get this fail out and we can agree and be happy.
>>
>>45916444
but I say it wasn't quality wise.
Yes, PoE is fail, but it basically follows the same premise, only sucks at it.
DESU i liked KotOR 2 the most from these games. I liked motb and torment, but I'm far from standard hype they get.
>>
>>45916467
>Apathy is death.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.