[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was thinking of doing a game in where a standard DnD fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: mall cops.jpg (174 KB, 1600x669) Image search: [Google]
mall cops.jpg
174 KB, 1600x669
I was thinking of doing a game in where a standard DnD fantasy world was recently destroyed by a cataclysmic event and had to evac to our world. The adventurer party had to get jobs has mall cops. I need ideas for small and big random encounters.
>>
>>45871754
The epic climax of the campaign should be Black Friday.
>>
The obvious small encounter is shoplifters. A big encounter could be armed robbers in a jewelry store or something.

Assuming other creatures managed to evac here as well, you could have all sorts of wacky things like an ogre refusing to leave a mcdonalds as he helps himself to other people's meals, or a gelatinous cube sitting in an elevator and swallowing people who aren't paying attention and just walk in.
>>
>>45871754
This is kinda brilliant

Make them amazing killer godslayers, brought to our world on a harrowing journey. And now they need to make rent. Fill out health care forms. Take OH&S. Park.

Take cues from Wizard of Aus, and GATE. But make it as mundane as possible.
>>
>>45872150
I was also thinking that the gods themselves would also be on Earth just goofing off since their obligation to being a god isn't there anymore due to the Astral sea in our realm being piss weak.
>>
>>45872488
>Zeus is doing time in San Quentin for all the rape and sexual harassment charges he has accrued
>they be fuckin' more than ever in that place
>everybody gets Zeus' dick
>>
>>45872522
>Gruumsh works at a pizzeria whispering at every Orc that comes by to murder the other patrons.
>Lolth runs a sex shop.
>>
>>45872150

>I, THE GREAT WIZARD BAYOSH AM PREPARED TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SUCCEED FOR THIS "WALMART"
>Well we certainly like the enthusiasm. Can you tell us about some work experience?
>I ONCE FELLED AN ANCIENT DRAGON, THE SCOURGE OF THE EASTERN COASTS
>Right, and what did that experience teach you about teamwork?
>I NEEDED NO TEAM THAT DAY, FOR MY MAGICS ARE STRONG, STRONGER THAN ANY MORTAL MAN ALIVE
>the interviewer writes "doesn't seem team oriented" in their notes
>>
File: Fables.png (294 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Fables.png
294 KB, 300x450
>>45872150
You just described the comic series Fables.

Only it's classic fairy tale characters (eg Snow White, Big Bad Wolf, Beauty and The Beast, etc.) who had to escape fairy tale land into the "real world"

You should check out the game "The Wolf Among Us". It shows just how awesome a concept like this can be.
>>
>>45872990
>Bayosh's Arch-nemesis, the lich king rides about in a mobility scooter taunting him along the way from it.
>>
>>45872074
I thought it was supposed to be a post apoc scenario, not just an apocalyptic one.
>>
I was thinking that governments across the globe banned adventurers because of what they did during the first week they were here. They treated banks, museums gold repositories has dungeons and the international crime rate essentially exploded for that week.
>>
File: 95c.jpg (60 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
95c.jpg
60 KB, 387x580
>mall cops
You know damn well what this means, OP
>>
Team of muggers a'mugging.
Team of gang members collide with team of rival gang.
Team of organized robbers hit up the mall bank.
Team of mafia enforcers here to racketeer.
>>
>>45873764
And now their trapped in a mall with a group of ex-adventurers.
>>
>>45873814
Yes that is the point of this thread.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.