[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever reward your players by giving them a "party
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 1453833534824.jpg (39 KB, 229x385) Image search: [Google]
1453833534824.jpg
39 KB, 229x385
Do you ever reward your players by giving them a "party mascot".
Think of Puck from Berserk for an example.
>>
>>45868464
nah they usually pick maskots themselves.
notable ones
>single orphan boy (died to a trap)
>Reanimated squirrel skeleton
>A chicken they stole at lvl 1 for reason everybody has forgotten now (was made into emergency rations and they died anyway)
>Frustrated fairy in a bottle and they kept hiring tailors for tiny dresses to have more or less real life barbie (they never bothered to find out that fairy in question was infact a male)

I like random humor and so do my players so I let strange things happen seldomly but not too often but they have a habit (not by malice or lolrandom attitude) to go against my plans and become the random incident because there is only so much I can prepare for before going full "making things up as they go" mode.
>>
>>45868464

Players activated a golem in an old magitech ruin so they could order it to batter down a wall and progress deeper in. For some reason they got attached to the golem and wanted to bring it along with them forever, even when I said it wouldn't function at anywhere near full power outside of the ruins.
>>
>>45868464
Our 4e party found a gnome in a bottle. Said bottle is magical, unbreakable and incapable of being opened. The Gnome doesn't remember how he got in there, or even how old he is, but he's a snarky bastard.
>>
>>45868464
at warhammer my players have pick an old soldier (like 60ish) who was groping the tavern waitress and convince him to follow them for telling his war tales ,and they reward him with whores O_o
>>
File: 1457078880091.jpg (154 KB, 700x934) Image search: [Google]
1457078880091.jpg
154 KB, 700x934
more snek
>>
>>45868464
at star wars d6 the pc have upgraded an incompetent R5 droid to make french fries
>>
Same as
>>45868695

I once had them find a goblin asleep in the bathroom during the raid and they kept the guy as a pet calling it "Snoop Gob" to which they fed it a constant supply of drugs and prostitutes between sessions, willing to put up their own gold to do so.

Eventually the attachement to him got to the point where they managed to convert it into an LG paladin. Im still thinking of ways to run a low level campaign of him finding a holy goblin order.

In a game I PC in we were given a fairy in a bottle but forgot about it. The orc chef we kidnapped on the other hand...
>>
>>45868464
Puck seems like more of a punishment.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 512x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 512x576
Using gray renders is a really good method of telling your players "Not all big creatures are monsters". Using baby gray renders on the other hand has the unique issue of the players jumping at any opportunity to keep the little guy around. After lots of trying and begging OOC I relented and had the little thing get attached to the fighter. Didn't have to get rid of it myself since the players decided it was better to leave it in the hands of trustworthy friends, so left it with the fighter's massive family, consisting of 7 younger siblings, 3 grandparents, 8 cousins, and Uncle Ron (nobody knows if he's actually related but he's a joy to be around and helps run the place) at his family's hotel.
>>
>>45870131
>Free healing fairy dust
>Scout
>Comedy relief in a serious campaign
>Takes up a negligible amount of supplies to sustain.
Perfect mascot
>>
File: goblin family and samurai pops.jpg (188 KB, 764x1000) Image search: [Google]
goblin family and samurai pops.jpg
188 KB, 764x1000
>>45870108
Probably Chaotic Neutral or Evil Goblin, fed prostitutes and drugs, unlawful things, turned into Lawful Good Gob. Please explain.
>>
>>45869751
Is it any good at making them though? Or is it also horrible at making french fries?
>>
>>45868464
I gave my players a donkey that only walks backwards.
>>
>>45869691
C U T E
>>
>>45868464
A Cthulhu chibi, sent by the Outer God itself to interact with obscure and exotic aspects of reality like mundane fantasy world's mortals.
>>
>>45870219
>TN Goblin
>Never big on pillaging and murdering, very lazy by all standards and not treated well by the clan for above reasons
>Found by party while it was asleep on the shitter
>Entertained by the apparent fool and in need of someone to interrogate for reasons of plot, they keep it trapped in the basement for a bit
>Really mild mannered, straight to the answer if it knows it, purposely use a pot-head voice
>Party falls in love with the guy and "Snoop-Gob" began

Setting was 3.P Sandpoint so prostitution was technically legal and it didn't go against any of the codes the LGs took up. Also
>No one expected the goblin to pass the seduce check when all the paladins failed

>During downtime 'Good Cop' pally taught it ethics and morality, 'Bad Cop' taught it combat and the stricter codes

Overall it had no reason to really hate the party since they technically treated him better than his own clan did, and he's been with them for nearly a year in game.
Any other details are to be specified in future campaigns. Drugs were just a joke on the whole pot-head voicing I used.

Overall a really good time, 10/10 would crusade with Snoop Gob again
>>
>>45870192
>comedy relief

Yeah, that's the punishment he's talking about
>>
>>45868464
Yes, a bar wench-cum-camp whore they picked up in an early town.
>>
>>45870234
a R5 is better at making french fries than at repairing spaceship ^^
they take that droids on every mission and become known for the strange smell of frie floatting around after their passage
>>
we have a sentient mushroom in the party right now and at least one player is already in love with it
>>
>>45868464
>Think of Puck from Berserk
So do I ever punish my players with annoying NPCs? I mean, I could, but they would just kill them, so why bother?
>>
We have a soup golem hanging out with us
>>
>>45873699
>I mean, I could, but they would just kill them, so why bother?

It might serve as a moment for character growth and introspection for the party; most player characters have blood on their hands, but it's the blood of people who stood between them and a greater goal, or people who posed a risk to their lives. Killing somebody just because they annoy you is rather different and might trigger a moment of "wait, are we the bad guys?"

Of course, if your group are playing bad guys, or not really into the introspection thing, or have already murdered quite a few things just for the giggles, it's extra XP and loot. Players love XP and loot.
>>
>>45869751
>Star Wars
In our Star Wars D20 game we've got one character (the technician) obsessed with Separatist tech. One of his goals is to have a full-fledged droid army.
Our mascot as it were has ended up to be a specialized buzz droid named "Buzzy".
Although recently the technician upgraded Buzzy so it's more of a free-floating AI that can go into any of the 5000 buzz droids we have in storage.
But it's not like that's going to bite us in the ass later or anything.
>>
File: 1457090554030.png (175 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1457090554030.png
175 KB, 800x800
>>45868464
>>
>>45878958
Many cutes. What from?
>>
In my 40k Dark Heresy Table Top
I gave my party a mascot basically my tech priest is heratek and put a Rouge-AI in a SkullDrone(for got their names) with a loud Haller so it could talk it basically shat talked the party (but not the tech) and he loved it and it was fun for me as I knew its stats not that it could do much as he made sure it was stuck but I was just waiting.

Anyway shit happened it got stolen he's pissed should be fun.
>>
>>45879371
>rogue AI in a servo skull
>not smashing it into little bits at the first realisation, drinking holy water before pissing on the fragments
>then not incinerating the fragments and sending the ash off to Mars for disposal

Just how heretical is this party?
>>
>>45868464
I try to leave them the option. They're captaining a pirate ship, and they encountered a dead guy whose parrot seems to follow them around while they're there. If they don't mention taking him with them I'll just leave him there, but they can just have him.
>>
>>45868464
One of the player is already the party mascot.
>>
>>45879398
Well the techie is a full heratek he no longer cares about the "code".

The leader thought about killing him then thought if I do no one can keep the ship happy and flying.

The pysker went full khaos for a while until he was slapped around by two khaos gods and thought fuck yas.

The "Space Cops" way of getting info is torture not matter what.

Assassin is pretty normal.

Imperial guard is like well not craziest shit I've seen.

And the Inquisitor (DM/GM controlled by me) is very much what ever gets the job done (I rando gen'd him he has tome's of fobbiden knowledge own personal army so on)

So yeah quite.
>>
>>45875561
a what?
>>
>>45877966
in the mascot go wrong category:
in star wars d6 the pc go to endor and take with them the finest hunter of the local ewock tribe and put it in a cage and totaly neglect him some week later he manage to free himself and the killing spree begin..
the mercenary had his skull split by a stone axe in his sleep
the jedi was putin the coma by a poisonnous trap
the kid chase the ewock into the cargo zone and ambushed then arowed to death
the two surviving pc set the ship autodestruction and flee in an escape pod
>>
>>45879019
Jeka Wyznorr a.k.a. Sensor from Legion of Super-Heroes. Was apparently turned into a lamia by Ra's Al-Ghul, that mongirlfag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensor_(comics)
(almost makes me consider reading degenerate Western finger-paintings)

Her buddy Gates seems pretty cool too
>>
A manservant
>>
The severed head of a talking gargoyle.
>>
>>45870108
In my pathfinder party, we captured a goblin and named him Gob Marley.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.