[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does 40k have a chainsaw/power whips yet? They already have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: ChainWhip.jpg (85 KB, 709x603) Image search: [Google]
ChainWhip.jpg
85 KB, 709x603
So does 40k have a chainsaw/power whips yet? They already have all this other ridiculous shit so why not chain/power whips for killing xenos of the night?
>>
Deldar do
>>
>>45858182
The sister leading the repentia has some power whips.
>>
>>45858182
>chainsaw whip
...what would that even look like?
>>
File: Arcoflagellant.jpg (81 KB, 611x871) Image search: [Google]
Arcoflagellant.jpg
81 KB, 611x871
>>45858182
Yeah, one punishment for heresy is to be turned into a sort of cyborg called an arco-flagellant, who has elecroflails (electric whips) as fingers. Pic related.
>>
>>45858182
Power whips definetly exist.
The Dark Eldar have serrated whips but they're made out of alloy and not chainsaw tech. They're basically mono-swords that are also whips.

I don't think chain whips exists, because that makes no sense.
>>
>>45858801
Nigger, there are chainsaw chakrams in 40k. Nothing makes sense.
>>
>>45858395
Take chainsaw.
Remove part that holds chain.
Chainsaw whip.
>>
>>45858865
Don't forget Chain Hammers...
>>
>>45858182
some chaos dude in atlas infernal used a chain-flail
>>
File: Untitled.png (18 KB, 722x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
18 KB, 722x480
>>45858395
Multiple mini-chainsaw blades fused together, have about 10 links or so for maximum killy
>>
>>45858182
They do if you or your gm adds in some artifact that happens to be a whip of chainswords.
>>
>>45858182
As mentioned by other anons, there are more advanced kinds of whips in the 40K universe: The Imperium has arcoflails, and the Dark Eldar have Agonizers.

That being said, although these weapons are 'powered whips,' they are not true power whips, which don't seem to exist. Which is strange, considering that, if you could give a fist a power-field, I see no reason why you couldn't give one to a whip as well.
>>
>>45860138
One of Corax's weapons was a power whip.
>>
>>45859496
Don't know if this is incredibly stupid or turns me on
>>
File: Dark_Eldar_Melee_Weapons.jpg (831 KB, 2531x3682) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Eldar_Melee_Weapons.jpg
831 KB, 2531x3682
>>45858182

> /thread
>>
>>45860138
Likely the same reason lightwhips while possible and a thing in star wars aren't really used much. Because it's nearly impossible to try and control, due to not just passing through many objects, but things reacting violently on contact due to burning/vaporizing pushing the whip around. Though a whip that functions like thunder hammer would be pretty cool, wrap it around something then turn on the power field to wreck it. Maybe something like the Razorflails the dark eldar have, where when you turn it on it goes from whip to sword form but also turning on a power field while it does this, creating a blast and becoming a much more manageable power sword.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.