[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What feats would you need to effectively dual-wield bastard swords?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1457321749800.png (193 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
1457321749800.png
193 KB, 500x421
What feats would you need to effectively dual-wield bastard swords?
>>
House rules feat.
>>
>>45854244
Ah, thought it could be done in vanilla with gorilla grip/two weapon fighting/something something.
>>
>>45854222
>>45854303
What fucking system are you playing with?

It might be helpful if you let us know.
>>
>>45854370
5th ed.
>>
>>45854222
Assuming 3.5,

>Exotic Weapon Prof (Bastard Sword)
>Monkey Grip
>Two-Weapon Fighting

Mind, I don't think it'd have much practical value from a powergaming perspective, so it's just for looking cool.
>>
God I wish monkey grip became official in 5E. I NEED TO BECOME ANIME
>>
>>45854423
No, Monkey Grip is a trap!

Go for that one feat whose name I don't remember that let you treat a second one-handed weapon as light.
>>
TDA: Strenght 16+, Dexterity 16+, Special Talent: Weaponmaster (Bastardsword), Special Feat: Lefthand (left Hand trained to be almost if not equally useful as the right hand, if left-handed it is the same but for the right hand), Special Talent: Both Hands, Malus on AT and PA of iforgottheexactnumbersprobablydependsonDM.
Weapon Master ight not be necessary, i think i once created a Character who could do that from the start with japanese-styled swords wielded like bastardswords to piss of my GM. Kinda failed, since he enjoys fuckery like that.
>>
>>45854386

No.

Exotic wpn proficiency bastards sword
Oversized TWF from complete adventurer
TWF
Wpn focus helps make up for penalty.

Even better play a dorf and do it with dorf waraxes since they deal same damage and dorfs get free proficiency in them.

You can't do this in 5e because 5e is a shitty system. Case closed.
>>
>>45854383
Dual Wielder feat or whatever it's called lets you use 2 one handed weapons. Two Weapon Fighting fighting style lets you add your damage modifier to the off hand attack. Bastard swords are basically long swords, just call them bastard swords and call it a day.
>>
>>45854222
Brain damage
>>
>>45854222
Someone is watching too much anime and playing too much video games.
>>
>>45854222
A dire-doublesword fluffed as two separate swords.
>>
>>45856221
>How dare a martial want to do something fantastic
>>
>>45854386
I always wondered why bastard swords were exotic, but longs swords were not, since a bastard sword is really just small longsword (or an arming sword with a long handle)
>>
>>45856354
Really, it'd make more sense for greatswords to be classified as exotic, since your only historical options there are claymores and those ridiculously huge German ones.
>>
>>45854386
Why would you nee monkey grip. That's only necessary if you want to dual wield 2handerz
>>
>>45856354
I thought, in 3.5, they were martial weaponry if you used them in two hands.
>>
>>45856442
from what I know of the very large greatswords, they had very long handles were wielded more like polearms

I think it was di grassi who describes a way of wielding a greatsword one handed with a shield (he stated it should be used like a spear when used in such a fashion, and not like a sword)

>>45856483
the whole point of them is that they were easier to use with one hand than a longsword (though still intended to be used with two hands)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.