[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get a decent sized desk to organize cards on >spend a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: kozilek.jpg (226 KB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
kozilek.jpg
226 KB, 1620x1080
>get a decent sized desk to organize cards on
>spend a few hours organizing piles with cards specific to certain decks
>come back and see this

Why do pets love lying on magic cards so much?
>>
>>45786244
>dont mind me just laying my asshole on a 50 dollar ugin
>>
>>45786244
After living with humans for thousands of years, domesticated animals like dogs and cats can identify things that possess our attention. Being natural attention whores, they insinuate themselves between you and the object, activity in question.
>>
>>45786348

and in the case of cats they would try to destroy the object, be it a handheld console, a notebook, cellphones, glases, you name it, those assholes allways drop things from the table and I once saw my ex's cat trying to drop a glass with water on top of her notebook
>>
>>45786348
>>45786546
>I once saw my ex's cat trying to drop a glass with water on top of her notebook
Angry dog poster detected
Go chase your tail and accept that cats are god tier pets
>>
>>45786794
I love cats but you have to admit they are assholes. That is why I love them so much.
>>
>>45786244
It's a cat. She's just demanding your undivided attention.
Basically this >>45786348
>>
>>45786244
Have you tried worshiping your cat as a favored being of the divine, as the ancient Egyptians did? I hear they appreciate that.

But seriously, don't leave your cards out.
>>
Your cat is cute. Post more pictures of your cat.
>>
>>45786244
They have something similar to the Monster Hunter Desire Sensor, where they can sense the value of something and will prioritize laying/pissing/shitting on that thing first. Dogs do too, but they aren't quite as agile.

Chickens, though? Holy shit, chickens. They're horrible combinations of the value sensor and an almost parkour-like amount of agility.
>>
>>45786794
Cats won't run through gunfire to drag me out of hell. A dog however will go wherever you need it, without ever demanding anything from you besides love.

I'll take a dog any day.
>>
>>45790982
I always find people who are lonely or to insane to have children always have dogs whom they dotted over.
>>
File: cat pounce (Maru).gif (4 MB, 204x355) Image search: [Google]
cat pounce (Maru).gif
4 MB, 204x355
>>45790982
A dog will because it's been bred that way for thousands of years, and can barely function without humans.

Cats have more in common with a tiger than a dog was in common with wolves.
>>
I'm more of a bird person, honestly. I like cats and dogs though, if not for my allergy towards dogs.
>>
>>45786244
You have a cute cat. Very fluff.
>>
>>45790982
If you live in an environment where gunfights in the street are a common occurrence, your preference of household pet is the least of your concerns.
>>
>>45786244
I think they just like the feel of paper or something. Every cat I've ever owned has done the same thing to paper items or anything that gave off heat like a laptop.
>>
>>45786244
Post more of your cat, OP.
>>
>>45791162
>lonely people have dogs
real world kind of beat you to the punch on that one, crazy cat anon.
>>
>>45791208
then why can dogs breed with wolves and tigers not breed with house cats.
>>
File: 1279167642887.jpg (45 KB, 600x522) Image search: [Google]
1279167642887.jpg
45 KB, 600x522
>>45786244
>domestic animals
>dogs
>cats

>not crows
>not rats

Really disappointed in you and humanity at whole, guys.
>>
File: 1454881872240.webm (1 MB, 404x720) Image search: [Google]
1454881872240.webm
1 MB, 404x720
>>45793110
>not hedgehog
>>
>>45793161
african pygmy hedgehogs are pretty cute

but i think they make for poor pets unless you dont have problems with smell and specialty care.
>>
Do you fuckers not train your pets to not do things you don't want them to?

Don't believe bullshit about cats not taking to training or stupid shit like that- you can train a cat just as well as a dog.
>>
>>45793025
I think, but that just my honest opinion, only based on my eyes and experiences, don't take them as truth, but I think that SIZE may be a factor in this difference
>>
>>45791208

Complete bullshit. Dogs and wolves are the same species and much more similar genetically than a domestic cat and a tiger. You could say cats have more in common with their progenitor species, Felis silvestris catus (the wildcat) than dogs do with wolves and you'd be correct, but the tiger is not *that* closely related to the cat.

>>45794135

Not relevant. You can't artifically impregnate a tiger with a cat either. You can breed a shetland pony and a shire horse just fine though.
>>
>>45793110

>crow

>domestic animal

I have bad news for you anon.

Rats are domestic though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>45791252
Birds are basically loud fish. And fish are basically mobile plants.
>>
>>45794189
Has anyone tried keeping a crow as a domestic animal, and if so what are the caveats?
They're like, mad clever.
>>
>>45794217
While the way you phrased it is kind of retarded, I find myself actually somewhat agreeing.
Birds aren't quite as bad as fish in the "can't interact with" category though.
>>
>>45794240
> the way you phrased it
You just mad 'cause I'm stylin' on ya.
>>
>>45791324
Underrated post.
>>
I'm pretty fond of plants, actually. Used to have a mad ass ficus with vines covering half a room (properly pruned, of course).
Couple of dope ass ferns and some Japanese roses really gave the place a refreshing look.

Sadly, I had to give them away when I moved to a colder place. Ah, well, global warming has my back.
>>
>>45794236

Domestication is a particular genetic process, initiated usually via selective breeding that lowers an animal's fear of predation, extends the juvenile phase and creates a whole set of follow-on effects like coat variation. Crows aren't domestic animals because they haven't undergone this process of domestication. You could keep them as pets though, for sure.

The big issue with keeping crows is that they are mad clever. This is actually a bad thing because it means they get bored and will refuse to stay in a cage while you are at work. Once they are out their idea of a fun time is ruining everything you own, generally. They also have a very sharp beak so you have to treat them with serious respect.

They would make fantastic semi-wild pets, however, if you raised a small flock from chicks to adults and lived in a rural environment. You just don't want to try to make them live with you.
>>
>>45790982
Imagine choosing a companion based on its relevance in a gunbattle.
>>
>>45790982
One of our adopted cats interposed itself between an angry dog and my handicapped mother.
>>
>>45794446

Actually, it's pretty easy to raise them in an urban environment, too.
It helps if you live on a higher floor.
Just right up some perches with housing.
They'll fly about and will be away, but they come back, especially if you're nice to them. Make sure you don't offer them *too* much food or they'll come back with friends.
The difficult part is taking them to the vet in this case, or just accepting that some will be sick and die.
>>
>>45794462
>sure, you can throw a ferret pretty effectively
>but let me just say how effective uparmouring a cow is
>>
>>45794412
This is why creating GM plants for non-essential purposes is so interesting.

You could get strains of those same plants with extreme resistance to cold, for just such a situation.

Sorry for the tangent.
>>
>>45794462
>>45794501
This is why I love /tg/
>>
>>45786244
It's a new desk, so your cat was probably just trying out the new place.

If she likes it chances are she'll sit there more often. Especially if you sit a lot of time on your computer.
>>
File: dyemmr?.png (189 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dyemmr?.png
189 KB, 480x360
>>45786273
>not keeping all your most valuable cards up your ass
>not then selling them off at a profit
>not delighting in knowing that every person who handles your OP high price cards now has your ass juices all over their hands
>>
>>45790982
You're right, if you want an animal to commit suicide for you out of brainwashed loyalty, dog is the way to go.
>>
>>45793161
Psht. Nothing personel kid...
>>
>>45794217
>Birds are loud fish
Nigger what? With even a bit of training you've got a faithful companion with a unique personality that you can hold, stroke, have him fly away and return, and generally lounge about the house with. They're more affectionate than cats.
>>
File: GxBvDrgO_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
GxBvDrgO_400x400.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>45791252
Bird person?
>>
>>45794446
does domestication even work on animals that smart?
We know it consistently fails on elephants, but that may be due to their long reproduction cycle
>>
>>45791208
Horseshit. Yeah, completely overbred breeds with fucked up genetics, yeah. A Chihuahua, Shar-Pei or dachshund isn't going to get far, but neither will a Sphynx or Persian. Especially mixed breeds of both species are highly resilient and adaptable and they do pretty fucking well when they go feral.
>>
>>45794896

Elephants fail to be domesticated because it's hard to assess whether an elephant has any of the precursor traits that make breeding a particular elephant useful for domestication - a wolf or wild cat that lacks the fear or caution that would stop them from getting close enough to human habitation to try and steal food or prey on vermin that gets into our food stocks is clearly suitable for domestication, while an elephant that lacks a fear of humans is any elephant.

There's also the issue of anti-domestication caused by the more easily or partially domesticated elephants being more prone to do shit that causes people to kill them because they've been destroying crops, trampling infants or knocking down buildings.

anything bigger than a cow is gonna be nigh impossible to domesticate simply because they're not gonna give enough fucks about us.
>>
>>45795001
...I wonder what happens if you breed a Sphynx and some sort of cat with really really long hair.
>>
>>45786794
>Go chase your tail and accept that cats are god tier pets

>mfw my cat loves chasing his tail around in the bathtub
>and he's two and a half years old already
>>
>>45796830
It just comes out as a dsh
>>
>>45794217
Only that the parrot and crow families are extremely smart and social.
>>
>>45791252
Fuck birds
>>
>>45794320
Nah, you just don't have a dog. If you lived in an area where gunfights int he street are a regular occurrence, you'd understand it is, in fact, extremely high priority to have a dog. The anon you're quoting made a shitty post that demonstrates a lack of understanding.
>>
>>45786794
Cats are god tier pets. They're self-interested and sufficient creatures with dignity and grace, able to be respected, admired, and even able to entertain rather than slavishly slobbering in your direction. They can learn to live in our homes as honored guests, to clean up after themselves, and have the charm to come and go of their own choosing rather than at the command of a master. A cat is a friend more than a slave and even in the times they bring us humor with their capering and occasional lapses of judgment or balance retain a greater mystique and and pride than a dogs possess at the best of times.

But as any cat person knows, a good number of them are spiteful little assholes too. Lounging around watching tv for hours with an open lap? Cat fucks off, does its own thing. Attempting to write on your computer? Keyboard is now a cat bed. Most aren't destructive as much as obstructive or intrusive, but if you have a cat you don't leave unattended glasses out where they could be knocked over and spilled or shoved to the floor. And if you can, you keep things like /tg/ miniatures in cat safe locations like shelving units with doors (glass or otherwise) over them or in a room the door to which stays closed, disallowing the cat entry.
>>
>>45798436
>Cats are god tier pets. They're self-interested and sufficient creatures with dignity and grace, able to be respected, admired, and even able to entertain rather than slavishly slobbering in your direction. They can learn to live in our homes as honored guests, to clean up after themselves, and have the charm to come and go of their own choosing rather than at the command of a master. A cat is a friend more than a slave and even in the times they bring us humor with their capering and occasional lapses of judgment or balance retain a greater mystique and and pride than a dogs possess at the best of times.

You've obviously never met my sister's cat.
>>
>>45786244

>dat filename
>>
File: nanny-atf-dog-ftr.jpg (93 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
nanny-atf-dog-ftr.jpg
93 KB, 1240x775
>>45798436
You either know shitty dogs, or are just a shitty person. If you think dogs lack dignity and pride, you've never seen a dog with a job. Look at this motherfucker. This fucking dog saves human lives. VOCATIONALLY. He lives in a war camp and he spends his day saving people. The fuck can your cat do? "Clean up after himself" "entertain"? Fucking learn to find landmines. Learn to nursemaid a human being. Then I'll be impressed.
>>
>>45794236

>clever

Thats an understatement if I ever heard one. Crows can recognize human faces and can describe a person to another crow, so if you throw a rock at one, all THAT crows friends will hate you too. Crows also use tools, and understand displacement and basic puzzle solving (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZerUbHmuY04)

They also hold funerals for their dead. They gather around a fallen crow bro and bring flowers and shinies, then have a moment of silence.

Crows are amazingly intelligent, almost as intelligent as parrots and dolphins.
>>
>>45798720
Dogs are great work animals. Honestly, to the degree that I treat work dogs and pet dogs, though genetically the same, as essentially different topics. Part of what makes them worse pets, honestly, is that keeping them in and around a suburban household fucks any potential they had (Not much for a chihuahua, but a good deal for a collie, shepherd, or retriever), while a cat will obligingly rid your household of vermin and simultaneously be for the most part a good fellow resident.
>>
>>45798780

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URZ_EciujrE

Also here is some problem solving. Look at that fucking tool use.
>>
>>45798780
Corvids are almost certainly sapient -- along with dolphins and chimps among the smartest animals on the planet. And they're pretty bro-tier too, or at least far less likely to be serial rapists than most other intellectual animals.
>>
>>45798843
What are you even talking about? Suburban dogs can still be guide dogs or support dogs, can still guard homes and shepherd children, and, this is whats really getting me, where do you think cops live? Cops live in suburbs. Nearly all K9s are suburban dogs. Suburban life, if anything, makes the dog MORE useful (better socialized, familiar with human constructs). The only drawback is for the dogs personal well-being. He should have more space, that much is true. But then, cats should be allowed outside.
>>
>>45798273
You're fucking rude
>>
>>45798843
You only differentiate between work dogs and pets because that enables your argument. If you acknowledge work dogs as pets, obviously cats are pieces of shit. And they are pets, so fuck off.

I do love cats and all, I'm bothering mine right now, but to suggest they're better than dogs is as if to suggest dogs are better than humans. Maybe for your own definition of "better," but not in terms of the word as its defined.
>>
>>45798938
Right? You have to buy them a drink, first.
>>
>>45798876
I believe certain crow species also have been documented to have true education were non-instinctual knowledge and culture is taught to young members of the community

which is a pretty darn good indicator of intelligence as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>45794135
dude, cats are descended from wildcats

its a bit of a name jump but trust me.
>>
>>45794189
>Rats are domestic though, I'll give you that
But they are still bad taste.
>>
File: S7300106.jpg (456 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
S7300106.jpg
456 KB, 1024x768
>>45794446
>they get bored and will refuse to stay in a cage while you are at work. Once they are out their idea of a fun time is ruining everything you own, generally.
My cockatiels were like that. In their first cage they somehow managed to break the metal bars and open a way out for them while I went to school. Once that happened I put a cardboard piece to close it but they'd just pull it out, and I'd come back home to see them chilling outside. Not that I minded, honestly. I'd leave them free to roam the house as long as I was home and awake.

In their new larger cage they figured out within a week how to open the top and side doors, but they weren't strong enough to open it.
>>
>>45798436
>I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
I like both.
>>
>>45794412
I'm kinda the same way. Never been an animal person.

I've got this aloe that I've had for 3 years. It's getting pretty huge and already made some baby buds.
>>
>>45786244
High surface area/owner's scent concentration?
>>
>>45798969
Not that anon, but dogs are a 10/10 work animal, but 99.9% of domestic dogs serve absolutely no work purpose, thus using working dogs as an example is pointless to pet discussion. What's so hard to understand?
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.