[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Return of the Assimilator 4 (Flesh Quest)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 4
File: cyka blyat.jpg (358 KB, 900x598) Image search: [Google]
cyka blyat.jpg
358 KB, 900x598
Welcome back to RotA!

Remember to follow on twitter for game updates: https://twitter.com/AssimilatorDave

We left off in mid afternoon on the 2nd day on Earth. The option chosen was "Follow the policeman"

Thread music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3evBfjnKw

You nod silently, and hop down from the seat. The policeman smiles and introduces himself as Junior Sergeant Polkovnik Aryemyev. He is taller than the other man, and more muscular, wearing dark grey slacks, a thick jacket of a matching color that extends to the thighs, buttoned up the front, with a broad felt collar. A black belt with a gold buckle is worn over the jacket at the waist, holding a holster for a pistol, another holster for a stun gun, a pouch for handcuffs, and other pouches presumably for mace and magazines. Atop his head sits a black ushanka with the flaps let down to cover his ears.

As you go to follow him, the other man waves goodbye at you cheerily, and leaves. The policeman leads you into the building. "It will be quicker to cut through here. Plus, you must be cold, wearing only a shirt and slacks. Where is your jacket? Your shoes? Is your father a beggar?"

'I lost them' you state plainly.

"How? Why did you even take them off? You could have died."

You pause and think for a moment. You don't want him to suspect you before he takes you to the city center. 'I tripped and fell on some ice into a shallow puddle. My jacket and shoes got wet, I did not want to wear wet clothes in the cold.'

CONT BELOW (Sorry, I like writing too much)
>>
>>45784331
He makes a gruff "hmph" sound and nods, acquiescing. "Smart." As you've been walking alongside him, he's led you down a hallway which seems to have bisected the building. You pass an open doorway with stairs leading down into the darkness, and he suddenly reaches out and pushes you into the doorway. You were unprepared for that, and trip, falling down the stairs. "But not smart enough." he says, sadly, as he slams the door, cutting off most of the light. You fall down the stairs, a full flight, and come to a stop. You faintly hear him talking through the door before he leaves "You would have been better off freezing in the woods. It would have been less painful. I'm sorry."

A) Try to break the door down
B) Look around the basement
C) Call out to him, attempt to make him reconsider
>>
>>45784337
>C) Call out to him, attempt to make him reconsider
If he doesn't respond,
>B) Look around the basement
>>
>>45784337
Call him out, be prepared to slash his throat if he comes back. Or look around around for a nice jumpscare location.
>>
ASSIMILATE
>>
>B) Look around the basement
Perhaps he locked us down here with some poor unfortunate fucker.
>>
>>45784735

I second this.
>>
>>45784735
2/2 tie between "Call out" and "Look around"

Break it somehow.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>45784790

Look around.
>>
>>45784790
No combining?
>>
>>45784790
As >>45784814 said, is combining not allowed? If it isn't then count my vote >>45784380 as B), look around.
>>
Rolled 8218 (1d9900)

>>45784790
Calling out is evens
>>
>>45784331
>quest
>twitter
You can't get on the boxcar to auchwitz fast enough.
>>
>>45785063
Every quest I've seen so far has a twitter or ask for updates.
>>
>>45784882
Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not. If you call out to him, things play out differently than if you look around.

>B) Call out to him

You try to make yourself sound hurt and confused, and shout up "No, wait! Come back please! I want to see my Papa!" you pause to see if he responds, and there's a heavy sigh.

'I can't. I have quotas. My family is at stake. I'm sorry, child.'

You hear footsteps, and he walks away.

'He won't be back.' you hear a quiet, broken voice say. 'He never comes back, never opens the door again. You're stuck here with us.'

You whip your head around and peer into the darkness, but can't see anything.

A) Investigate
B) Attempt to break down the door
>>
>>45785154
Break out, it's not worth dealing with this bullshit.
>>
>>45785063
>shitposting on /tg/ like it's /b/
>expecting a QM to not have a method of communicating with readers outside of the thread

Your AIDS can't kill you fast enough.
>>
>>45785154
>A) Investigate
Because lets be honest with ourselves, we're in no real danger and we could easily pierce the door.
>>
>>45785177
>passing up free mass
>>
>>45785154
>A) Investigate
Might as well
>>
File: Demon-Baby-Meme-29.jpg (100 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
Demon-Baby-Meme-29.jpg
100 KB, 625x625
>>45785154
Oh boy. He gave us supper. I guess we can stick around.
>A)
>>
>>45785347
No... no, infect him, or them, however many they are, and use them as a squad to take over whatever building we're in.
Make sure no one can escape.
>>
>>45785380
I could probably have worded that better myself but yeah, I am in full agreement with this plan. Make sure whoever they are are aware of just what they got stuck with though.
>>
>>45785427
Ideally with a witty one liner liner "No no...it seems you're stuck here with me."
>>
File: the basement.gif (1009 KB, 497x180) Image search: [Google]
the basement.gif
1009 KB, 497x180
>A) Investigate

You mutate slightly, giving yourself feline eyes so you can see better in the dark, and look around. As you walk deeper into the basement, you can see about ten kids huddled behind various dust covered pieces of furniture or in corners away from the stairs. They're all different ages and genders, but mostly look to be between 8 and 13.

A) Ask them what's going on
B) Infect them
C) Absorb them
>>
>>45785463

LUNCH TIME!
>>
>>45785463
>B
>>
>>45785463
B) Deploy the one liner.

We can raid their memories for what's going on.
>>
>>45785463
Infect them just to zerg our way out. Let's also realase some wasps.
>>
>>45785524

* hornets
>>
>>45785524
Is it possible to infect them solely by releasing hornets? Just spread our arms and swarm them and listen to their screams... loud enough for the "officer" to hear... and then all falls silent?
>>
>>45785463
>B) Infect them
What's going on is irrelevant to us. This city and everyone in it will be ours one way or another.

But, could we do it quietly so as not to alert anyone above with a bunch of screaming children?
>>
>>45785557
But then we lose the element of surprise.
>>
>>45785557

Evil swarm-mancer we are I guess. I fully support this.
>>
>>45785463
>>B) Infect them
And do so silently as possible, so we can surprise the dirty cop
>>
>>45785557
After we break out I meant, release the swarm.
>>
>>45785584
We will be a platoon of biochemical soldiers at this point. Shoot us, and we will bleed but not fall, taze us and we will be invigorated, pepperspray us, and then try out our spray.

Very well though... still be good to sneak up on him.. then we can give him a 1 liner as he's begging for mercy. "I can't. I have a quota. My family needs to be made. I'm sorry, man."
>>
>>45785654
I think of them like African child soldiers, or a really cheap labor force.
>>
Ok so I just want to point something out to y'all since you all want to do this as stealthily as possible.

There are at least 10 children, in a basement that's probably around 30' by 20', already terrified, and hiding.

You will not be able to infect all of them without screaming. There will be at least some screaming.

Also I saw mention of hornets. You're not currently adapted to release those atm you're in the form of a small child with abnormally strong arms/legs and fingernails that release hornet venom.

If you guys want, I can allow you to go hide in a corner and mutate to a new form to better infect large numbers of children faster, or I can go with you choosing "infect them all" and then offer another multiple choice which will have 2 stealth options but may not be as effective or fast.

Your choice.
>>
>>45785747
Fuck it, let's just go all in after them, I wanna leave a sickening mess.
>>
>>45785747
Going off into a dark corner and mutating before we begin our hostile takeover would probably be the better move.
>>
>>45785747
Meh, fuck it. The screaming might help us since we need some way to get the Cop to come back down here.
>>
>>45785762
DON'T FORGET TO DEPLOY THE ONE LINER!

But yeah, one of us, ten of them, it's really not fair. And the policeman is just kinda boned. He was boned the moment we decided to go with him.
>>
Stealth. Go over to another trembling child and offer her "The gift". Make it sound like it'll save her and make her better. Then, as subtly, quietly, and painless as possible we infect her.
>>
>>45785826
Also, the screams might be the right bait, along with us hanging the ceiling or skiitering accross the ground for maximum horror for those who dares enter afterwards.
>>
>>45785824
Why? We can just bust through the door.
>>
>>45785893
We might need the mass/or horde, and also revenge.
>>
>>45785893
Can you? You never tried.
>>
>>45785893
We're horror monsters... he's an acceptable victim so he's not going to pull a hero and escape, he's going to wander into the blood soaked room like and idiot, get surrounded by devil children, and then die screaming himself. Or the world will be a bit more realistic and we'll see what happens. I'm acting as though this were a cinematic movie though.

Like for every long mutation scene, the camera shows the start, does some stuff with the protagonist, and them jumps back to us and follows our trek at key points into the city where the protagonist just got a job in sewer maintenance.
>>
>>45785952
Or just corpse parts everywhere and we swing from the ceiling onto him.
>>
>>45785920
There's always ventilation to crawl through.
>>
>>45785828
I like this. Got the cult horror feel to it.
>>
Ok so I'm going to go ahead and make this a little easier to determine instead of wading through thought processes.

A) Infect the children with no care of how loud it is
B) Try and infect the children stealthily a-la >>45785828
C) Do a small mutation in a dark corner to stealthily infect all the children at roughly the same time
>>
>>45786028
>C) Do a small mutation in a dark corner to stealthily infect all the children at roughly the same time
Which I assume would also make us more combat ready if there's more than just a couple people in the building.
>>
>>45785987
Ceiling swingers don't make one liners. We're an intelligent sophisticated abomination. We can't use our "final form*" on every little mook.

*not final at all.

Also, >>45785828 is genius.
>B)
if it works, we can order they all scream to enact "get revenge on corrupt cop part 2"
>>
>>45786028
A, let us vent our anger.
>>
>>45786028
>B
Also throw some of >>45785828
Into it.
>>
>>45786028
>B)
>>
>>45786028
>C
We got spores for a reason
>>
>>45786028
>B
With
>>45785828
As the method.
>>
>>45786028
>C) Do a small mutation in a dark corner to stealthily infect all the children at roughly the same time
>>
File: Vira.jpg (93 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Vira.jpg
93 KB, 1024x768
>Infect the children stealthily

You look around, trying to find one or two children by themselves, and eventually settle on a corner under the stairs where you see one girl huddled by herself, quietly sobbing. You walk over to her slowly and sit down next to her. She jumps a little and goes to move, but you put a hand on her arm gently. "No, please stay? I'm scared too..."

She hesitates, looks down at you, and sits back down. She looks to be about 9 or 10, roughly the same age as your current form. 'Y-you smell like c-cats... wh-what's your name?'

"Oleksiy" you say, saying the name of the man you killed earlier.

'H-hi Oleksiy. I'm Vira.'

"Do you know what's going on, Vira?"

She looks away 'I think so... my mama told me about people like this... bad men that take children away to be sold as toys...'

You look at her, somewhat confused. "Toys?"

She looks up, tears in her eyes 'Playthings, mama told me they do things to us that... that only adults should ever do... and only to each other...'

Your stomach turns. You may be a space monster that absorbs organic matter, but pedophilia? Holy shit that's evil.

"Are you scared, Vira?"
'Yes, Oleksiy. I'm very scared. I want to go home.'
"I can help you not be scared, but it will hurt"
'...how?'
"I can make you like me"
'What do you mean like you?'

You take a chance, and lift up your hand close enough to her face so she can see it, and mutate your fingers into small tendrils. She gasps softly, but doesn't scream or run away.

'What are you?'
"I don't know anymore..."
'Will it hurt for long?'
"Not long, no."
'Will I remember who I am?'
"I think so"

She's silent for a few minutes, then nods slowly. 'If you say it won't hurt after, and it will get me away from these men, okay.'

"You must not scream"

'I will try.'

CONT BELOW
>>
With that, you pull her against you, and cover her mouth with your unmutated hand for good measure as you drive the tendrils from your other hand into her chest over her heart, aiming to infect her as fast as possible. You may be a monster, but you're not a total asshole all the time. Okay well you generally are but Vira is a nice name and you really hate that this has happened to these children. She convulses against you, and you feel hot tears on your hand as you drive the tendrils further into her body. She does scream, but you manage to muffle it enough that the others shouldn't hear. As you burrow the tendrils into her spinal cord, you do something you've never done before. You sever her pain response nerves, and avoid infecting her brain. Instead, you absorb her internal reproductive organs and replace them with an auxillary temporal lobe and link it to your conciousness. From there, you encourage the lobe to grow tendrils of its own, which spread throughout her body into all of her muscle tissue. After a few minutes, you pull your hand off her chest, your fingers now fingers again, and the five holes you left close up. Tentatively, you remove your hand from her mouth, and she pulls away, looking directly at you.

'I... am still me?'
"Do you remember?"
'I-I think so... I don't feel any pain.'
"I made a promise."
'Why?'
"I don't know."
'Can I do what you can, now?'
"Yes. It won't hurt. I left some of myself in you, I want to try something new this time."
'This time? You've done this before?'
"In a manner of speaking."
'I feel different... like myself but better. Smarter.'
"That's me."
'You're not really Oleksiy are you?'
"No"
'What should I call you?'

You hesitate, uncertain for the first time. You've never had this much interaction with another sentient being.

"Viktor"
'You mean to conquer us?'
"Yes"

A) Infect the other children in the same way with Vira's help
B) Mutate to infect the children quietly en masse
C) Infect the children loudly with Vira's help
>>
>>45786693
>A) Infect the other children in the same way with Vir
CHILD ARMY
>>
>>45786693
>A) Infect the other children in the same way with Vira's help
Looks like we have a war council.
>>
>>45786693
We got one, lets do the rest as painfully as possible.
>>
>>45786693
I was not prepared for loyal subjects. I was not prepared. I'm not entirely sure what we are anymore either.

>A)
These will be the only ones though... and perhaps any others that somehow twinge what little compassion we have.
>>
>>45786778
This.

These children and no more, the rest of the world will simply be biomass for the harvest.
>>
>>45786693
>A) Infect the other children in the same way with Vira's help
These children will be our lieutenants. Vira will be our second-in-command. With them, we shall conquer the world.
>>
I thought I was playing Thing: The Quest. When did we suddenly get a conscience?
>>
>>45786921
We've always had one, we just ignore it.
>>
Dave, update on our fungal network? Out terraformed woods? Or the guy we left shambling along the country side?
>>
>A) Stealthy infection

You explain your plan to Vira. At first she is a little uneasy, but as you continue to explain how it will remove their ability to feel pain and make them strong beyond reason, she comes around. That and because you're releasing chemicals into her body that affect her brain in a way to make her more loyal to you.

It takes a little while, a few hours at best guess, to infect the children this way. The first few are hard, most of them strong willed or too new to be afraid enough to accept any alternative like Vira did, but eventually you manage to get them all. There were 11 children, Vira, Nadiya, Lyubov, Sofia, Nikolay, Alyosha, Alyona, Vladyslav, Tymur, Ruslan, and Abram. You infected them all in nearly the identical way, using their own biomass of unnecessary internal organs such as reproductive organs and duplicate organs to create the auxiliary cortexes.

A) Break down the door
B) Try to lure someone down
C) Find another way to escape
D) Set up a spore emitter
>>
>>45786973
Not much has changed. It's only been like 5-6 hours since we set down our 2nd spore emitter, maybe 8-10 since our first, and 6-7 hours since the guy we left in the woods. He's at another house already but I sort of have him on autopilot infecting and moving on, creating 'zombies' like him. I assumed y'all would rather follow the main character, not mindless automatons.
>>
>>45787106
Lure someone down, time fore revenge.
>>45787152
Thx for the update, I like thinking about the side quests a bit. Zombie count?
>>
>>45786921
>>45786936
Even evil has standards.

>>45787152
Yeah, just good to know what's up in the kingdom.

>B)
Get everyone in ambush positions too... then show this man no mercy. (Except to quip our one-liner)
>>
>>45786921
I don't really know if turning children bound for a fuck toy smuggling ring into horrible abominations incapable of love or independent thought to be used to take over the world can be defined as "conscience"

More like saving them from one hell to put them to use in another.
>>
>>45787106
>B) Try to lure someone down
Horror movie time, boys.
>>
>>45787106
No mercy. After the quick slaughter we use their biomass to set up a spore emitter, probably testing how one works.
>>
>>45787185
4 total. Will start to add a zombie count at the beginning and end of every thread.
>>
>>45787106
>>
>>45787250
Thx man.
>>
I think the real question is do we consume him... or do we let the kids devour him like a pack of wild dogs? After all, they must be starving.... riiiiiight kids? (I'm mostly curious how much of our metamorphic capabilities are in the kids and whether them gaining biomass would have any noticeable effect.)
>>
>>45787372
Feed ourselves first, pawns last.
>>

You instruct the kids to do whatever they can to get someone to come down. Most say that no matter what they've already tried, no one comes.

You ask if they've tried screaming. They say yes.

You ask if they've tried screaming all at once. They say no.

You tell them to do that.

While they're doing that, you position them under and alongside the stairs at the bottom of the floor, out of sight from the door.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/56d8eb379750d-ohfuckwe-reallgonnadie.php

A) Wait
B) Wait
C) Wait
D) Wait
>>
>>45787491
D) Wait.
>>
>>45787491
>that link
Now they definitely aren't gonna come the fuck down.
>>
>>45787491
D) My body is ready to accept his body.
>>
>D) Time for the waiting game.
>>
>>45787522
YOU try and search "children screaming" on youtube and actually get a decent result. Everything is horror SFX or kids playing.

Also I'm pretty sure this thread will have me on the NSA watch list.
>>
>>45787491
>C) Wait
>>
>Wait

You wait. And wait. And wait. It's been thirty minutes. The children tire of screaming, and you let them stop so you don't tear their vocal chords. You don't think anyone is going to come.

A) Keep waiting
B) Try to break down the door
C) Look for alternative methods of escape
>>
>>45787749
C, if that fails lets attack the hinges of the door.
>>
>>45787749

It was worth a shot this could mean a couple things. a. They don't care if something horrible happens to the merchandise, yet more reason to kill them slowly... b. They are pissing their pants in terror at the possibility of what would make the kids scream. c. The building's kinda abandoned.

There might be others I can't think of.

C)

Keep a couple eyes on the door at the top of stairs and be ready to return to ambush positions at the first sign of movement.
>>
>>45787749
>C) Look for alternative methods of escape
>>
>>45787749
>C) Look for alternative methods of escape
Ventilation ducts.
>>
>C

You have the children look around for any way to get out. There are no windows and no other doors. There is one ventilation duct, but it has had the grating removed and a piece of steel welded over it.

A) Check the door
B) Try to pull the welded metal off or otherwise break it
C) Wait
>>
>>45788028
We got this. No problem. Little bit o steel aint no problem and we can regain any surprise we lost.
>>
>>45788028
>B)
>>
>>45788028
Time to check the door for hinges.
>>
>>45788028
>A
We can use our handy dandy tendrils to lock pick.
>>
>>45788028
>C) Wait
Sometimes doing nothing is the best option
>>
>>45788028
>B) Try to pull the welded metal off or otherwise break it
>>
>>45788028
>A Check the door
We either go through the obviously locked and manually barricaded door or we go through the welded shut grate. I'd like to try the door first.
>>
3/3 tie between door and grate.

Fix it.
>>
>>45788325
Grate.
>>
>>45788325
Door.
>>
>>45788343
Door. We're doing door now.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>45788325
Roll for door.
>>
>>45788343
>>45788363
>>45788370
>not pulling some Aliens shit and crawling through the ventilation
Fags.
>>
>>45788370
Well, Biological Monstrosity changing his vote would have swung it to doors but now you've gone and rolled so now I have to give the grate people a roll.

Grate people, roll.
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>45788442
-2 for the two additional votes for door.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>45788425
I will roll for my original people I suppose.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>45788442
Roll
>>
...ok so 2 of 3 of those rolls beat doors so, grate it is.

That being said I will be ending this here tonight an hour early. Sorry. I'm extremely tired, though.

The game will resume tomorrow some time in the late evening or early night, not quite sure. After jury duty I have to do some work at one of my client's jobsites so we'll see how that goes.

Remember to follow on twitter for game updates:
https://twitter.com/AssimilatorDave

Game Date: 6pm December 22nd, 2014
# of Mindless Pawns: 4
# of Intelligent Pawns: 11
>>
>>45788691
gnite
>>
>people just didnt adapt acid spitting and make a hole through the door
>>
>>45788691
Goodnight. Gotta get to bed myself.
>>
>>45788691
Rest well man, see you tomorrow.

>>45788785
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>45788785
Great, fuckin thanks for ruining how I was going to let them get through the door.

Jackass
>>
>>45788785
>Implying we can even remember all of our abilities.
>>
>>45788801
>>45788845
>>45788874
sorry guys i slept two hours too late
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/requestinterface.html?
Can someone archive the thread?
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.