[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My April MtG ban-wishlist Modern: Nothing banned, Sword of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5
File: banned.png (54 KB, 320x258) Image search: [Google]
banned.png
54 KB, 320x258
My April MtG ban-wishlist

Modern: Nothing banned, Sword of the Meek and Ancestral Vision unbanned

Legacy: Terminus banned, Gush unbanned

Vintage: No changes
>>
>>45734735
>Modern: Nothing banned
You can go straight to hell.
>>
>>45734749
Why? Modern is fine as it is. What do YOU think should be banned?
>>
I would unban Splinter Twin and Pod, and then laugh as nothing changes.
>>
Modern:

Ban Eldrazi Temple. Kinda need to wait and see how the meta turns before unbanning anything fancy, since we basically lost four months of Post-Twin meta to the Eldrazi deck shitting on everyone.

Or they can just go ham in the dollar store and unban Visions, BBE, and Sword.That might be fun.
>>
>>45735386
At this point Eldrazi is more than a third of the top results. If the deck doesn't get shit on hard I think SFM, a better cantrip, and a ritual need to come unbanned. Give decks that aren't aggro some basic tools to work with.
>>
>>45734735
terminus doesn't need to be banned you baby

also Gush is just a card that protects delvers mana base at the steep price of drawing cards, it's not the combo piece it is in vintage, it won't be ok just because there's no fastbond, it's a tempo card
>>
Eldrazi isn't too good to be banned out but Miracles is? What the fuck is going on here.

If you want to hurt the deck, unban Survival or something, that would do a whole lot more than Sword of the Meek or Ancestral Vision would do for keeping Eldrazi down.
>>
>>45734735
>Modern: Nothing banned, Sword of the Meek and Ancestral Vision unbanned
No Eye of Ugin ban
Your wishlist is shit
>>
>>45735095
>Modern is fine as it is
Are you retarded?
>>
Modern: Unban everything. See what happens
>>
>>45734735
>Ban terminus
Modern babies don't know how to play against control
>>
>>45737722
>Artifact lands and skullclamp go back into affinity
still better than losing to Eldrazi I guess.
>>
>>45737722
Hypergenesis make up the entire top 32
>>
>Terminus banned, Gush unbanned

Hahahaha
Git gud.
>>
>>45735095
you, and all of the other semites, skinny-ass nerds and other assorted untermenschen too
>>
>>45735386
>Eldrazi decks start playing Pod
>T1 Mimic, T2 TKS, T3 Pod, saccing TKS for Reality Smasher, lap up the tears
>>
>>45734735
Modern: ban Thoughtseize, Urza's lands, Karn, Glistener Elf. Scapeshift, Arcbound Ravager

Legacy: everything on the reserved list
>>
>>45741609
>Thoughtseize
What?
>>
>>45741697
Control is too strong in Modern
>>
>>45735454
Affinity would start using SFM to search Plating
>>
>>45741609
The only card you listed that makes sense for a ban is Ravager, and even then, either Opal or Plating would be better bans.
>>
Modern: Twin unbanned, Eldrazi Temple and Eldrazi Mimic banned. Possibly a ban on Mox Opal too.

I don't know enough about the other formats to make ban calls.
>>
>>45742486
Legacy: no changes. Format's healthy again now that dig and treasure cruise are banned.
Vintage: Mishra's workshop restricted
Shops is very clearly the best deck in vintage and restricting it's titular card will go a ways into making other decks viable.
>>
>>45742742
imo Bazaar of Baghdad should be restricted too, since it's the reason that Vintage Dredge takes 0 skill to pilot.
>>
>>45743221
And Maybe Gush too, to prevent Mentor from becoming too oppressive
>>
>>45743271
Gush was fine when the main Gush-related win-con creature was Tog. Then Delver replaced Tog, and now Mentor replaced Delver. At this point, Gush decks are WAY too strong.
>>
>>45743336
Yeah and now they have Jace VP too...
>>
>>45743336
No. Goyf replaced Tog. Delver is a different deck.
>>
>>45741727
This would dilute Affinity. Maybe a strange, controlly build like Neofinity might appear, but the standard Affinity wouldn't want SFM.
>>
Anyone not calling for an Eye of Ugin ban is fucking retarded
>>
>>45741609
>Ban Tron
Almost as retarded as >>45734735
>>
>>45744519
Fuck you tron deserves it
>>
>>45744553
Dead serious: Why?
>>
>>45744727
Not that guy, but take a look at precedent. 12post wasn't allowed in Modern because its fast mana would be too good to beat. Eldrazi's fast mana is so good at what it does it's 35% of the competitive metagame. Tron does all the same things 12post and Eldrazi can do, it's just that until this point Wizards has arbitrarily considered that T3 Karn is okay when only Tron can do it.

With Twin gone and Eldrazi probably on its way out, expect aggro to be king while the metagame adjusts (which is ALWAYS the case), then expect Tron to become dominant. At that point plenty of people will be clamoring for a Tron ban.
>>
>>45741609
Glistener Elf and Scapeshift, really? because with what reason?
>>45744832
the difference is that Tron can die to combo and very fast aggro which modern is full of.
>>
>>45744832
Eldrazi's fast mana is good only because it's better than the entire field from turn 1 whereas Tron has absolutely zero early game so is being kept in check by Infect and Burn at all times, the reward is the best lategame against everything that doesn't destroy your lands every turn.
>>
>>45744933
>Tron can die to combo
Yeah, like Twi... oh. Right.
>>45745099
And decks that aren't Infect and Burn do... what, exactly? Roll over and die?
>>
>>45745136
Mess with their lands and play Thoughtseize while applying pressure, play a Stony Silence or a Blood Moon backed with counterspells, Ghost Quarter + Surgical Extraction, Pithing Needle, Phyrexian Revoker, Aven Mindcensor and Shadow of Doubt, play Ad Nauseam or Living End.
>>
>>45744832
so what you're saying is that if there's time to buy into Tron, it's between now and next banlist update?
>>
>>45741697
>>45741751
>>45744519
>>45744933
It really says something about the state of Magic on /tg/ when I can throw random deck keystones on a ban list and you absolute madmen will fall for the bait.
>>
>>45745607
The sad fact is that for every thrown bait some retard out sincerely holds said opinion and Poe's law is still a thing,
>>45744832
>>
Chalice of the Void banned in Legacy?
>>
>>45744832
The idea is that in tron you need to commit to deckbuilding sacrifices. The deck is lands, land searching, and threats. It has very little disruption.

With Eldrazi, you get to play aggressively costed creatures for half price, threats that either scale, or are an automatic 2 for 1, AND you get to play lock pieces like chalice. Its almost like if affinity and shops had a nightmare lovechild.
>>
>>45746761
Why would Chalice ever be banned in Legacy? It defines a huge number of the non-blue decks. Banning Chalice doesn't just kill Eldrazi (which isn't even that good, it just played against a field that wasn't prepared for Stompy), it kills or badly wounds:

- MUD
- Dragon Stompy/Sea Stompy/Angel Stompy/Demon Stompy/Deep Blue/Werewolf Stompy etc.
- Sylvan Plug
- 4c Loam
- Merfolk
- Stax

It's an incredibly healthy card, broadening the field of playable decks and reducing the power of cantrip-based decks (necessarily without killing them, since it's easily to hate).

tl;dr: u r dum
>>
Unban pod
pliz, i want tool box again
>>
>>45748884
You'll take coco and you'll like it!
>>
>>45748884
You do realize how busted Pod is in Eldrazi, right?
>>
File: 1455377419908.jpg (25 KB, 442x298) Image search: [Google]
1455377419908.jpg
25 KB, 442x298
>>45741564
The thought of that just makes me sick. Like stop.
>>
>>45734735
Modern: unban blazing shoal
>>
>>45734735
Modern:
Bruh, Deathrite Shaman unban pls
>>
Is it too much to ask for jiite in modern? It's so much fun.

Also ban eye.

Legacy is great right now.
>>
File: 1452703857563.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452703857563.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>Modern
>unban: Green Sun's Zenith, Dread Return, Ancestral Visions, Stoneforge Mystic

>ban: Eye of Ugin, Dryad Arbor
>>
>>45753930
>Dryad Arbor
Why?
>>
>>45754852

So it won't get used with GSZ, I imagine.
>>
>>45754942
Why is Tutoring a Forest banworthy?
>>
Modern:

Ban Snapcaster Mage, Remand, Mana Leak, Cryptic Command, Serum Visions, Delver of Secrets, Gitaxian Probe, Vendilion Clique, Sleight of Hand, Peer Through Depths, Anticipate, Worldly Counsel.

I bet you 95 % of players will still whine about how blue is overpowered.
>>
>>45754951

Tutoring a mana dork for 1 mana is considered "too strong" by the same company that considers Counterspell, Wrath of God, Lightning Strike and, yes, Llanowar Elves "Too strong". Also by newbshits who haven't actually played for long enough to realise how dumb that is and just repeat everything Wizards say. Go to Leddit, you'll find them in abundance. Wizards can do no wrong, what they say must be true, and anything that's playable is a mistake. Doubleplus goodthink.
>>
>>45754951
it's not. He's just a fag.
>>
>>45754942
Exactly.

>>45754951
Turn two three drops seems to be broken in Modern? If people dont want Jund Deathriting into LoTV, then neither should G/X have theirs.
>>
File: FTV Lore.png (12 KB, 245x390) Image search: [Google]
FTV Lore.png
12 KB, 245x390
FTV: Lore Spoilers
>>
>>45750276
it's not that insane though, you forget that Eldrazi's fast mana only works with the Eldrazi, and their creatures don't generate value before they start getting turned sideways

It's worth experimenting with, but Pod is more powerful in shells built around it, and it's hard to build a shell with Memedrazi
>>
>>45755013
>It's
>fucking
>nothing
Dank Depths won't make up for that shit
>>
I really don't see what the big deal is with Eldrazi. How is the deck that good? Thought Knot Seer is basically just V Clique and that's considered a completely fair card.

I think people just enjoy whining about stuff.
>>
>>45756681
>Thought Knot Seer is basically just V Clique and that's considered a completely fair card.

FAIR AND BALANCED is scrub speak for bland NWO shit, Clique would hurt their fee fees if it was printed now
>>
>>45745184
what do you do when you're not facing Tron?
>>
>>45754971
but muh U-tron!
>>
>>45756681

It's a 4/4 V-Clique for 2 mana that doesn't give the card back until you kill it. The card isn't overpowered when played as normal, it's the manabase that enables it. If you're talking about Standard and not Modern, no idea. People are just dumb.

>>45756717

Well, duh. It's blue. If it's good, that means blue is dominant.
>>
>>45735095
>20% of the meta, probably more, is Eldrazi
Everything is fine?
>>
>>45757024
Wait it's a 4/4? I thought it was a 4/3.

Hm... That is pretty good. Still you can just path it or Dismember it or terminate it. That's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>45757388
What makes it good is, that it's not the actual threat. It can buff up Mimics and it's mostly there to deal with your means of stemming the Eldrazi tide. Even if you remove it, it's probably done it's job since it slowed you down long enough for the other Eldrazi to kick in.
Basically, it covers the weakness of the deck and is way too easy to play, making it completely unnecessary to dedicate more space in the deck to cover your ass, which in turn allows the deck to push harder and be more degenerate.
>>
Survival is surely safe to unban nowadays, isn't it?
>>
>>45757024
It doesn't give back the card, it just lets you draw.

Essentially it takes the Clique effect and makes it more permanent. What's gone is gone for good, and you're given compensation only after it dies.

It's like Castigate on a body. A 4/4 body. It might not have been so obnoxious if it was merely like Tidehollow Sculler, but as is it competes very favorably with Clique as an efficient disruption body, perhaps even too favorably.
>>
>>45734735
>Gush unbanned
>Gush
>Unbanned
[Gushy laughing noises]
>>
File: file.png (252 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
file.png
252 KB, 312x445
>>45741727
>>45744246
They don't run gift.
They won't run SFM.
>>
>>45734735
>Modern: Nothing banned, Dread return unbanned, baghdad, cabal and ichorid reprinted

GAS THE ARCHETYPES.
FORMAT WARS NOW.
>>
>>45743221
>Dredge is bad >:(((((((((((((((((((

Angry kike! Stop right there and fuck off to >>>/modern/
>>
>>45757935
To this day I still struggle to understand why Gush is so dangerous.

It draws two cards and puts two islands in your hand. Am I underestimating some sort of insane synergy here, like how Brainstorm can easily convert those two islands into other cards? Drawing cards for free is amazing and all but I feel like the amount of hype that surrounds Gush warrants something more shamelessly broken.
>>
>>45758063
Play 2 mana spell, then use gush, draw 2 cards (get fuel) and then play one land, you tempo-ramped for one and got fuel.

The tempo gain is inhumanly strong.
>>
>>45758063
It's a free draw spell that occasionally produces mana and has ridiculous Brainstorm synergy. It slots immediately into every Delver deck, which is a deck WotC is cautious about pushing. It also makes Pyromancer/Mentor even better since you now have something proactive to do for free after casting them.
>>
>>45758130
You say that, but to me it registers as "good job, you're down by two land drops anyway, guess you're playing a low curve anyway."

Admittedly, a single untapped land can be just about anything, hell it could be anything and a Daze on top of that and that's more than enough for a Delver deck to do silly stuff with.
>>
>>45758521
You're already well-rewarded for playing low to the ground decks. You don't need more incentive to do that. Look at Treasure Cruise. That meta was not to different from what I imagine the meta would be like with Gush around.

You play a deck with nothing but one drops, Young Pyro, burn, cantrips, and Force. You don't care about your lands as long as you have one or two.
>>
>>45758521
Free recall monica
>>
Ban shocklands and fetchelands. Let's see some actual diveristy in this bitch.
>>
>>45760021
Then tron and Eldrazi are the only decks with decent land bases
>>
>>45738793
is that before or after losing to Blazing Shoal Infect
>>
>>45758521
>You say that, but to me it registers as "good job, you're down by two land drops anyway, guess you're playing a low curve anyway."
You're playing TEMPO IN LEGACY.

Your game plan is drop an effective creature (tarmo, delver, etc...) and defend it for free (FoW, daze, etc...) and get cheap fuel and card quality.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.