[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say a wizman makes a really great sword out of orphan parts.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Ougi.png (248 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
Ougi.png
248 KB, 500x308
Say a wizman makes a really great sword out of orphan parts. Are you a bad person for using it once you beat him up and take all his stuff?
>>
>>45725328
What race were the orphans? if they were evil it's okay, people make shit out of dragon's and crap all the time
>>
I dunno, how did he acquire said orphan parts? Were they organic and ethically sourced?
>>
>>45725339
Humans.
>>45725347
He opened an orphanage, people brought in orphans and the ones who got "adopted" ended up as sword parts.
>>
File: Kotomine.jpg (118 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Kotomine.jpg
118 KB, 800x600
>>45725440
I'll see you in court.
>>
>>45725440
How painful was the process, was it a legal orphanage, how come there wasn't a single no human orphan among the bunch.

Also what does the sword do?
let me summon zombie orphans to consume my foes in a wave of sorrow and impotent hate?
>>
>>45725518
Well, it was a wizard, so I guess he used some kinda death magic? Something that would leave an intact corpse to work with.

There's no formal licensing process for orphanages in-universe.

I guess this all going down in the heartland of a large human kingdom would make the lack of non-humans plausible.

Yeah, something something negative emotions.
>>
>>45725328
Did you know it was orphan powered?
>>
Are the orphan parts obtained lawfully?
>>
File: orphanmeat.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
orphanmeat.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
>>45725328
he was making a meat dragon, how are you supposed to make a meat dragon without orphan meat.
>>
>>45725608
What alignment am I feasibly? is this a straight cut good campaign? Neutral? A mixed alignment party, or is just straight up evil group?

If it is good, I'll try to free the souls or whatever and destroy the foul thing, wiping it's taint from the world, and burning the records and notes about it, so none may recreate it

Neutral, well that depends on the characters personal morals

Mixed, I wait to see what my companions want to do with it and act accordingly

Evil, Well, again depends on the character, as I have a bad habit of playing evil characters as pretty nice and pleasant people who just so happen to have a skewed morality/Eat people. SO I may use it if my character doesn't give a shit about the children or simply lusts for power, but if my character has some code of ethics I'll burn the damn thing and the wizard
>>
>>45725642
Yeah, you get visions of orphan death when you pick it up.
>>
>>45725700
Could be an enchantment, wizards do love pranks
>>
No, you were not involved in the process of making the sword.
Also, you are not giving the creator any benefits by using it

Now, if the kids in the sword are still semi concious and suffering then i suppose it would be. Depending if euthanasia is considered evil in your setting or not.
Or maybe if by using it you are making the orphan's pain and misery worse.
>>
>>45725646
>That feel when no Orphan Meat in town to make your Meat Dragon and Meat Sword incase if the Meat Dragon rebels and releases the Orphaned Souls of sexually abused mutilated girls in which your primary source of power for the Meat Dragon is.
>>
File: 3216deb186_47252040_o2.jpg (62 KB, 796x462) Image search: [Google]
3216deb186_47252040_o2.jpg
62 KB, 796x462
>>
>>45725698
You're the leader of a party on a quest to save the world from some ancient bullshit. The most morally ambiguous person you've teamed up with is a chaotic neutral thief.
>>
>>45725777
So yes, than it's the good option unless the dm is pushing us to have to use it to defeat the ancient rape god for some reason
>>
Organic material aside, the sword is imbued with the negative emotions of the orphans at the time of their deaths, so they're not alive or conscious in any real sense.
>>
>>45725845
Yeah, but you just know peasants will call you a monster for using it, because you know, it's made out of the children they couldn't feed and handed over to the creepy fucker with the twirly goatee
>>
>>45725875
In their defense the church-run orphanages aren't all sunshine and daffodils either, it's just that none of them had underground torture chambers.
>>
You can't un-murder the orphans, so use it to do some good, maybe give their deths some meaning.
>>
>>45725894
Depends on the church really. I mean drow have churches after all and not all gods are good aligned upstanding citizens are they?
>>
>>45725949
These are crystal dragon jesus/church of the light/totally not catholic churches. Humans just have the one god.
>>
>>45726058
Yeah but not everyone is a human now are they?
We could be talking about those dwarven churches couldn't we?
>>
>>45725328
I refer you to the flavour text for Might and Magic 7 Alacorn wands. To paraphrase: "Whether you use a product of such cruelty depends upon whether you think your ends justify such means."
>>
Are the kids still in pain or not?
This is important
>>
>>45726145
Their pain exists, they don't.
>>
>>45726238
That's like saying that using a firesword is bad because the magic fire is the same that killed the people needed for its creation.
The people are dead, the fire can't hurt them anymore. Making the sword is evil, using it for something else not.

Okay, how about another dilema
There is a wizard working on a machine that can bring clean energy to everyone for free and improve the quality of life of the common folk. And yes, this is what he intends to do, even if it is for the cred he will recieve from his peers and not helping for the sake of helping.
Also, the thing is powered by an evil god of evil. You could submit that thing to the worst tortures in the universe and your patron god of good would still pat you in the back.
The machine backfires, the god escapes and an area the size of, say, France is being overrun by demons. Your party takes care of it and goes to comfront the wizard.
The wizard not only does not give a shit about the damage his attempt caused, but he also tried it again and succeded. The machine is working, the evil god won't be able escape ever and the thing is giving as much energy as he promised to everyone.
He also is the only one in the universe that knows how to operate the machine. No matter what you do or don't. the evil god won't escape again.
What do your character does?
>>
>>45725328
>a wizman makes a really great sword out of orphan parts.

I take the wizman's body and make HIS parts into a sword. I wield it in battle against murderers and other wicked men. I kill the wicked men and add their body parts to the sword. See how he likes it.

Then I dual-wield the swords of orphans and wicked men, such that neither died in vain.
>>
>>45726743
Is making swords out of any sapient creature, regardless of that creature's alignment, an inherently evil act?
>>
>>45726549
Have him write a comprehensive manual to maintain the mammon machine, complete with countermeasures if things go tits up again, have him agree to a geas that prevents him from telling anyone how to make a third one.
>>
>>45727540
Oh, and then put him on trial for blowing up France.
>>
>>45727448
>inherently evil act?

Dunno. I stopped caring about alignment a long time ago. My group doesn't need the manual to tell us when someone's acting like a dick. And we're playing 5e, so alignment doesn't really matter anyway. You have a few cases like pixies being able to see it, but overall it's not something that you worry about.
>>
>>45725328

Why beat him? Instead I could be bringing him orphans for awesome gear.
>>
File: indy.jpg (52 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
indy.jpg
52 KB, 720x405
>>45725328
>orphans are inherently Good and anything that involves their death even tangentially is Evil
Says who?
>>
There's pretty much no way something that magic and invested with emotion doesn't eventually develop a will and identity of its own. Set a good example as a sword daddy, use it justly and take it on rollercoasters.
>>
>>45725328
Is it better than what I'm using right now? If so, take it and use it until something better comes along.
>>
>>45725328
That depends, are the orphans somehow trapped in a state of sentience within the sword? If not, it's all good.
>>
>>45728445
I haven't seen many chaotic evil 8 year olds, but that's just me.
>>
>the evil god won't be able escape ever

Statements like these in moral questions always seemed pointless to me because it makes the scenario inapplicable to reality. Not knowing what's gonna happen in the future is one of the main difficulties for decisions in real life. Like in the trolley problem, knowing the future perfectly makes the question seem meaningless.
>>
>>45731065
Meant for >>45726549
>>
>>45730345
Used to work in this camp out in the woods. Rich bastards would send their kids there in loo of juvinile are prison.

first day I got there there was a legitimate swarm of 12 year olds and under down to 5 year olds, charging with pointed sticks into the woods.

Then i saw chasing them a legit 350 lb man running after them with a fuckhuge revolver in his hand.

He got there first and fired two shots before i got in close. Turns out the kids had run down a bore and had brought the bossman to finish it off.

I meant everything from a six-year-old rapist to a murderers and sodimites to compulsive liers and scared little basterds there.
Leave a orphan with a kitten at three, see how long it takes before they're using it's eyes as marbles.
>>
>>45731369
>>45731369
Excuse garbled english. Phone is being dildos.

Those kids were fucked up tho. And those were first world basterds

Man, i would use the fuck out of a orphan sword. Those little cunts would like nothing more then to live in filth blood and power.
>>
>>45726549
My wizard punches your wizard for 1 damage, and tells him not to be so reckless.
>>
>>45730345
You clearly haven't seen many eight-year-olds.
>>
Well if I'm torturing their souls every time I swing it at something I'd probably be a bad person, but it's not like breaking the sword will un-murder them.

I suppose you could argue simply displaying the effectiveness of an orphan powered weapon encourages turning orphans into swords though, so you probably shouldn't go around telling people why it sounds like your sword is crying
>>
>>45731582
>why it sounds like your sword is crying

"It's angels weeping tears of joy at the deeds I do with this blade!"
>>
>>45725328
no. it brings glory to the children and puts their souls to rest! truly a great deed!

...or something like that

...reminder that we're moral because we say so.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.