[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not enough personal threads, let's fix that.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: Pervy Game.jpg (15 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
Pervy Game.jpg
15 KB, 273x185
I feel like just two weeks ago the forum was clogged with threads like How's your First Cleric and What kind role do Goblins fulfill in your setting? Lately it's been about specific types of Table Top Games.
Lets keep posting generic questions about your setting, your characters, and how you play, huh?
Is there a difference between Light Magic and Healing Magic in your game? Necromancy and Dark Magic? Does Hydromancy require Pyromancy and Cryomancy talent to be cast or is it it's own thing? Have you ever wanted to retire your character to a peaceful place after they fulfilled their life goal instead of killing him off or raising him into godhood? Do y'all conaider how Hobgoblins are always tougher, bigger Goblins when the're supposed to be much more kind and reasonable Goblins according to Folklore? Do y'all hate Monks, Druids, and sometimes even Clerics who are always talking about Auras, Chi, and some type of Tea thats supposed to help you medically? Keep posting fa/tg/uys.
>>
I hate guys who role play Druids like dumb fighters.
>>
>>45713076
>Necromancy and Dark Magic? Does Hydromancy require Pyromancy and Cryomancy

Reminder that 'mancy' means divination and using it as a generic term for 'magic of' is objectively wrong.
>>
Druids suck. Nature sucks and is constantly trying to kill us.
>>
>>45713279
Do people care though? Is it the fact that the're like four -mancies in two sentences that made you remember or is this a real up in arms thing?
>>
>>45713279
What's the matter? You don't appreciate the schools of magic? Adjurmancy, Evocamancy, Conjurmancy, Divimancy, Enchanmancy, Illusimancy, Transmumancy And Necromancymancy.
>>
>>45716852
don't forget magic like effects
Psionamancy
Prayamancy
Occultamancy
Musclemancy
Technomancy
Alchemancy
Lawyermancy
Whine-at-the-DM-amancy
>>
>>45718948
I really want to point out Technomancy is just googling the answer.
>>
I just played a downtime session that was literally a game of werewolf because the town druid didn't like the idiots chopping down a grove of dark wood trees. I fucking hate druids.
>>
>>45718957
>in fantasy setting
>technomancer uses technomancy
>accesses the google plane
>"I'm sorry we couldn't find it do you mean"
>>
Are druids really that awful? I've only played Clerics and sometimes Wizards, but I was tempted to check them out because I respect their neutrality.
>>
>>45718981
Hippy druids suck. I play mine with a nod to the fact that druids were originally MM enemies mixed with the Iron Kingdom druids who worship the natural embodiment of chaos. Those trees were bitches that did nothing to defend themselves, so they deserved to die. Kingdoms should crumble: not because they are "unnatural", but because they foster and protect a proliferation of weak beings.
>>
File: Comfy Templar.jpg (94 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Templar.jpg
94 KB, 960x720
>>45713076
Do you guys ever feel the urge to turn your setting/campaign into actual stories?
>>
>>45718957
>>45718948
>>45716852
We need that screencap with shit like Thaumodynamics and the like.
>>
>>45719090
Everyone feels their experiences are unique and should be shared.
everyone is wrong.
>>
>>45713279
Yeah basically :>>45713431
Like, what do you call Pyromancy at your table? Thaumatile Pyrodynamics?

..man that actually sounds rad
>>
>>45719222
Trips, pls.
>>
>>45719222
Thanks for being wrong.
>>
>>45720075
He has trips though, he can't be wrong.
>>
>>45720389
He called himself wrong, so he's still wrong even if he can't be wrong.
>>
>>45720398
I am fairly sure he meant that everyone who thinks that their stories deserve to be shared are wrong, with that statement.
>>
I need some ideas for my character backstory.
I'm rolling up a rogue and I am sick of the classical "orphan on the streets making a living by pickpocketing gets accepted into the thieves guild" bullshit and things along those lines.
I was thinking he used to be a woodsguide and moving around stealthily just came natural and was the best thing for his job sometimes.
I want him to stumble into some sort of secret society or order or something like that, where he learns about stealthy combat, but not a proper guild. A small sect that protects something and/or is dedicated to finding something. It shouldn't be a religion based thing though.
My questions are:
Where could their base be/how did he stumble upon it?
What are they guarding/what do they want to find?
Is there a particular reason they prefer sticking to the shadows or would it be better if they accepted all kinds of archetypes?
Any suggestions and ideas regarding those things and also ideas for the name of that order would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>45720417
This has to be it since it makes sense otherwise
>>45720075
Is wrong about being wrong
>>
>>45720519
Your pappy and you lived innawoods and he taught you "hunting" techniques revolving around moving unseen and unheard to take down game. One day pappy left to track down some deer and never came back. Leaving behind his diary which just so happens to have a cypher leading you to -city characters are currently in- and the secret 7 man sect of rogue based guards protecting -mcguffin name-.
Tl;Dr daddy taught you roguing while on his temporary retirement and left you clues to track him down as a test.
>>
>>45720417
m8 I don't care about what he potentially meant, I care about what he said.
>>
>>45713076
Don't you hate it when the GM just gives the NPCs special stuff but you don't get any of the tood things that they have? I think it's one of the worst things the GM can do!
>>
>>45720937
What he said was that someone named "everyone" is wrong. I can't imagine its as common a name as you're making it out to be.
>>
>>45720943
Kill the npc in question. Now you got the fun shit and the dm learned a lesson (hopefully)
>>
>>45720985
No, names are capitalized. Obviously it was the common use of the word.
>>
>>45721012
Everyone was capitalized. I can only assume the spoilered bit was a typo. Its almost like you're creating something just so you can be mad about it.
>>
>>45720992
>The NPC survives through GM fiat.
>>
>>45720937
You're interpreting it wrong.
>>
>>45721041
>the DM's body is found years later in crashed 1998 Fiat Multipla at the bottom of a riverbed
>>
>>45721033
>everyone is wrong.
Note the lack of capitalization. Obviously you're double wrong.
>>
>>45721052
You're wrong about my interpretation.
>>
>>45721076
Like i said. I'm pretty sure thats just a typo considering the first Everyone was capitalized.
Seriously though are you just trying to make this into a thing to justify childish anger bouts or something? Cause its kinda weird you're THIS insistent.
>>
>>45721094
I don't care about what was potentially a typo, I care about what was written.
>>
>>45713076
In my setting Light magic does not denote good/evil in any way. Light is a literal element like any other generic magical elements. Light's specialty is "outward". That is, Light magic is specialized in affecting others, rather than yourself. Dark magic is the opposite; it isn't evil in any way, but it is focused on the self. There is no healing magic or necromancy though, any greater or more complicated magics fall under "Arcane" and require artifacts, rather than any player action.
>>
>>45721101
And what was written is some asshat named everyone was wrong. Are you ESL or something?
>>
>>45721152
Names are capitalized, everyone was not capitalized, thus it is not a name.
>>
>>45713076
>copypaste: the OP
>expects serious responses
>>
>>45721181
We've been over that it was a typo since the first Everyone was in fact capitalized.
>>
>>45721202
I don't see any indication it was a typo, since the sentence makes more sense assuming everyone is used normally. In fact, if everyone were capitalized in the middle of a sentence that would likely have been a typo.

Regardless, I don't care about what you think is a typo, I care about what was written.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.