[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Friend in a causal game plays two of pic >Argues for literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 277x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 277x382
>Friend in a causal game plays two of pic
>Argues for literally fifteen minutes that he doesn't have to rip them up
>Other friend comes over and tears both in half
>Friend punches the one who ripped it.
>Brawl proceeds until the rest of us can separate them and make them apologize to each other.
Who was in the right?
>>
He should have played this one instead.
>>
>>45686020
I play Magic not so long, So sorry for the stupid question, but:

Is this card real or fake?
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 450x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 450x627
>>45686060
Forgot pic.
>>
>>45686072
Real, from one of the two parody sets they put out
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 200x285
>>45686072
Surprisingly it's an actual card and costs about $6-$10 each. There's also Pic that costs like $8-$10 and you don't have to rip it up.
>>
>>45686072

It is real. It is from the casual-only Unglued set.
>>
>playing unglued
>playing unhinged
>any time
>anywhere

there's your problem

motherfucker, i play kitchen table legacy exclusively and even the un-sets are too much
>>
>>45686140

> It is from the fun-allowed Unglued set.

Fixed that for ya.
>>
Yes you have to rip them up, that doesn't excuse the other guy for doing it though. Also who the fuck plays Un cards in casual?
>>
>>45686020
Rules say the card must be ripped up to get the effect. Either it's ripped up or he doesn't get 4 mana.
>>
>>45686020
if he didn't want to tear up the card it doesn't work. also your friend owes him 6 bucks
>>
>>45686020
They were both in the wrong, but some of them were more in the wrong than others. For one thing, the guy shouldn't have played Blacker Lotus and not expected to tear it up, unless he made a deal with the others before hand that he didn't have to. On the other hand, the other guy tore a rare, hard to find card in half.
>>
>>45686176
Casual is just "any card from any set" since we have a bunch of old cards and my friends don't know how actual formats work.
>>45686197
>Who plays Un cards in casual
Casual is literally the ONLY format in which you can use the un set.
>>
>>45686140
If someone who is still playing Magic today was even into the game when Unglued came out I wouldn't call them a casual.
>>
>>45686509

You don't have to be a casual gamer to play casual M:tG. If anything, it is the Friday Night Magic Standard players who are "casuals"
>>
120 cheatyface is still my best casual deck.
>>
>There will never be a set that's the Airplane! of M:tG and is legal in the majority of formats
I just want Jace, the Game Winner to be real
>>
>>45686020

Oh yeah, I know a guy who played a card ike that which was "rip up this card and scatter the pieces; all permanents the pieces land on are destroyed"

I made him rip it up to scatter because those are the rules on the card and there's no point playing the game if we're just ignoring the rules.

Then when he dropped the pieces I blew out so they all fell on his side of the board and blew out all of his everything.

Mad salt, needless to say, ensued.
>>
>>45687270
You either straight up lose for cheating or at the very least a redo is in order because the rulings for chaos orb (what chaos confetti is based on) says that you can't interact physically with the card.
>>
>>45686020
Ehhh, at my old LGS there was a guy who played with a chaos confetti. He just tore up a land and used that, but he'd put the chaos confetti into exile. We were all fine with that because we liked playing with the card and didn't want him to not have fun more than once
>>
>>45686509
I am pretty goddamn casual and I've been playing Magic on and off for 15 years now. I stopped playing any remotely competitive format around Lorwyn's release for reasons I forget. It's just more fun to build a horrible deck and flail around with it.
>>
Casual General? Casual General.

I'm looking for some feedback on an Ally deck.
United Front is pretty badass with a lot of the older Ally cards which have Rally effects dependant on the number of creatures.

http://deckstats.net/decks/42197/433540-5-colour-allies-rally-powerhou

Hagra Diabolist + 4 colour United Front = 20 damage to your opponent
>>
>>45691006
take out halamar escavator
>>
man, don't ever fuck with other people's property. He didn't follow the rules so the card would have just sat on the field, but friend should NOT have touched his shit.
>>
>>45686509
I think he meant casual as a format, not as a player type.
>>
>>45686365
Un- is a format to itself, just like ice age is a format.
>>
>>45686020
He should have ripped up A card, maybe not that one but at least rip up a card. Your friend is a fuckboi and the other one has autism
>>
>>45686509
More appropriately, "casual" refers to anyone non-competitive.
It's not really the best word to use outside of Magic, but it's been used so long and most people grok it enough that it's not worth replacing. The connotations are there anyway, now.
>>
Everyone was in the wrong.

He shouldn't put them in his deck if he isn't gonna abide by what the card says, but Other Friend shouldn't have just walked up and torn them up.

I'd argue that Other Friend is the most in the wrong since he actually did permanent damage to something.
>>
the wrongest was WoTC thinking that encouraging their players to destroy their pricey property would have been a good idea.

unhinged/unglued cards are NOT tolerable in casual games of MTG. they shouldn't be in any deck aside for unglued/unhinged-only formats.

whoever destroy private property without consent and right to do so has to pay it back. that's a law principle in almost every country of the world, so i guess the ripper should pay him back. law doesn't account for punched in that process however.
>>
>>45698771
>It's not really the best word to use outside of Magic

It's actually probably pretty self explanatory to anyone who hasn't been tainted by vidya culture idiocy.
>>
>>45699353
Who the fuck are you to dictate what people can and can't play in a casual game of magic?
>>
They were both in the wrong. If the player that used them isn't going to follow the rules of using these cards, then he shouldn't be allowed to play them.

Also, if one of your players is really going to take matters into his own hands like that and destroy someone else's property, then he really shouldn't be allowed to play with the group period.

Tell the guy that either he play the effects like they're supposed to be played, or he doesn't get to play the card, and tell the other guy that if he's going to be destructive towards other people's property then he isn't allowed back to the table.
>>
File: Pepeintheshell.jpg (17 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
Pepeintheshell.jpg
17 KB, 255x255
>>45686186
>Un- sets
>fun
>>
>>45700241
No. It really, really isn't.
It's the exact fucking opposite of that, you dweeb.
Casual in vidya means approximately the same thing as casual in Magic.

Casual everywhere else just means there's not much investment at all in the medium.

Someone who plays garbage EDH decks spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars and playing every week is not a casual by any stretch of the conventional meaning of the word, but because he's a scrub, sucks and plays non-competitively, he's "casual"
>>
>>45686020
You don't destroy someone else's property you dumb cunt
>>
>>45686081
back to your containment thread
>>
>>45700451
I'd say the person who put the card in his deck is the most in the wrong. Also OP managed to get them to apologize to each other so I think $12 worth of cards is not going to ruin their friendship.
>>
>>45701852
What? Tell me what his post did wrong and what containment thread you're talking about?
>>
>>45702051
Custom cards are cancer.

Go to the cancer ward >>>45702029
>>
>>45686020
I'm amazed someone can actually play in a game so casual they don't mind Unhinged cards, and yet get this mad about it.
>>
>>45688666
chaos confetti, doesn't have that ruling though.
>>
>>45686020
Ultimately the person in the wrong is the guy who ripped up someone else's card.

However, I think if someone plays Blacker Lotus or Chaos Confetti in casual without ripping up the cards, they're a fag. If you want the benefits of un-cards, you have to pay the costs.
>>
>>45703142
You're making the mistaken assumption that they don't mind Unhinged cards.
It is probably far more likely that these kinds of faggots are way, way too beta to establish clear rules, boundaries and giving their opinion straight, without being a sperging REEEErager

They probably do all kinds of passive aggressive shit to "try and get the point across holy shit how can he not get the point" but never actually saying anything.

Women and dweebs are very much alike
>>
>>45686020
>Who was in the right?
The card ripper was in the wrong, but the card player wasn't in the right.

The card ripper destroyed another person's property without consent, which is literally illegal.

The card player should have ripped up the cards themself
OR established (with their oppoennet's consent) before the start of the game that they wouldn't be ripping the card to use it
OR not generated the 4 mana
>>
File: Image.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
Cards you thought were from an un-set at first glance.
>>
>>45707053
Honestly still can't believe it's not.
>>
File: Image.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>45707053
>Then it dawns on your that unsets should be unneeded to make fun cards.
>>
>>45707160
>>45707053
>It's been 12 years since Unhinged
>All the wacky cards were before the border change
Magic will never be fun/silly again.
>>
File: IcecaulWTF.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
IcecaulWTF.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>45707053

This fucking card.
>>
>>45707598
That card is perfectly normal if you actually read it (it just conserves a spell along with 1 mana point). Before you read it, though, hell yes.
>>
>>45686020
blacker lotus was a mistake
>>
>>45707799
>along with 1 mana point
Uh, Ice Cauldron remembers what you used as X. I agree it's a little less confusing once you read it a couple times, but what's a mana point?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.